Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Evernoob posted:

I just found out about this game and read the OP. I don't know anything yet beyond that.

I just have one single question which is a dealbreaker for me when it comes to playing new MMORPG's :

Will I spend most of my time running around solo performing mundane tasks like collecting 10 bear asses to progress, or will I be teaming up doing dungeons crawls and other instanced challenges.
Or is most of the time spend while progressing/grinding done in a different way?

Bit of column a, bit of column b. Most of the content anyone does in this game is group-focused instances, but you can also do the easier ones solo and there's regional maps that play like a traditional MMO (collect 10 bear asses). You'll need to do a bit of everything to progress, really, but I'd say the bulk of ones time is spent in the easier 3-man instances or doing region maps while waiting on the queue for 5-mans or PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

If you're not going to be building anything for the guild there's literally no reason to even join the guild. As in you get 0 benefit from it :p.

From what I've read it seems you just have your followers build For the guild right? Or something like that. For now I'm just doing the starter stuff to see if I like the game. Combat sure is fun. Nice to see a game with a combat system similar to Tera.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I tried the game last night, within an hour my hand went numb. Game is not suggested for people with carpel tunnel issues.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Evernoob posted:

I just found out about this game and read the OP. I don't know anything yet beyond that.

I just have one single question which is a dealbreaker for me when it comes to playing new MMORPG's :

Will I spend most of my time running around solo performing mundane tasks like collecting 10 bear asses to progress, or will I be teaming up doing dungeons crawls and other instanced challenges.
Or is most of the time spend while progressing/grinding done in a different way?

It's running the same areas fighting the same mobs for ever and ever amen. Combat is decent but it's grindy as heck. You can run most of the stuff solo or in a 3 person group.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

walruscat posted:

From what I've read it seems you just have your followers build For the guild right? Or something like that. For now I'm just doing the starter stuff to see if I like the game. Combat sure is fun. Nice to see a game with a combat system similar to Tera.

Yeah the guild buildings are done via your mission order screen. The only caveat now is that you pretty much need to have level 15+ engineers or you won't be able to do them.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Is there something wrong with the lightbinder promo? I can't use my left/right clicks in combat unless theres a minimum range I'm unaware of.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Drakes posted:

Is there something wrong with the lightbinder promo? I can't use my left/right clicks in combat unless theres a minimum range I'm unaware of.

Make sure you didn't accidentally lock into a friendly target that's out of range or something.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Nah its a promo so I'm solo running, I can't lock onto dudes with F once once in combat. But I can do so before combat, but I'm hosed if I break the lock somehow.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Drakes posted:

Press T. It switches between enemy and friendly targeting priority.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Thanks that did the trick.

Was really confusing and unintuitive when I started a fight and fired the laser for second only to losing lock-on and unable to mash F for that lock-on. I didn't see no mention for T in hotkey bindings either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So wait, does T toggle F between friendly and unfriendly? Why not just make one target friendlies and one enemies?

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
F locks your current target. T changes your targeting between friendly and enemy. Tab cycle through enemies, but if you hit T then Tab will cycle through allies.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Building's complete!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
They posted an announcement that boils down to "yeah we didn't buy enough server hardware". Sucks for everybody but at least I already hit my cap for the week. Guild chat is still not working.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
ah, the old "we didn't think our F2P game would be popular" routine

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Keep getting kicked to desktop after I wait out the queue, and then I get 'this account is logged in' when I try to join again

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Some more about kinetics: Get sledgehammer. Get talents for sledgehammer. Get punchy.

Sledgehammer is good.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
They said something about doing maintenance for performance -- well, it either didn't happen or did absolutely loving nothing. There are still 10-300 second delays on any interaction that isn't combat.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Concurred posted:

Keep getting kicked to desktop after I wait out the queue, and then I get 'this account is logged in' when I try to join again

That has happened to me. Wait like 30 seconds and try again. You are probably experiencing login server lag. It doesn't know you disconnected yet.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

boho posted:

They said something about doing maintenance for performance -- well, it either didn't happen or did absolutely loving nothing. There are still 10-300 second delays on any interaction that isn't combat.

I think there was some kind of maintenance, but now they've got server upgrades planned. http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/producers-letter-current-north-american-server-load-issues

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

boho posted:

I don't know what you're talking about this is awesome

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Lant posted:

I don't know what you're talking about this is awesome

I had that mount issue happen. Where it looked like I was mounted but I could still fight. Is this bug why people mostly run around instead of using mounts?

Also, I got disconnected and it's been about 15 minutes now and it still says I'm logged in. Sucks.

Gealar
May 2, 2013
I saw something in an earlier post about pink nodes in the atlas. It also mentioned that you got it from a dungeon/raid that was high prestige. How high does your prestige need to be before you can start getting those drops?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
It's 30k+ prestige and your pantheon needs to have built the required upgrades. If goons haven't all quit by then we'll probably be one of the first guilds to have access to that stuff.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I've been trying to get on all day but it either fucks up during the que or crashes after it finishes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

randombattle posted:

I've been trying to get on all day but it either fucks up during the que or crashes after it finishes.

Welcome to china game

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I got on eventually, just kept restarting the client when it crashed while reading a book until I finally got through. So I started on paladin after capping kinetic, and want to ask more experienced ones, should I be F-locking onto my targets regularly? I notice when swinging around the sword if it happens to hit a different enemy it seems to reset the chain and gently caress up my count for building combos.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Valatar posted:

I notice when swinging around the sword if it happens to hit a different enemy it seems to reset the chain and gently caress up my count for building combos.

It should not do this-- I start a combo on one enemy and finish it on another all the time. the combo chain should only interrupt if you move, use a skill other than a combo skill or Celestial Shield(which you can use any time without interrupting your current action), get knocked down/back/CC'ed/etc, or get hit with an honest-to-god interrupt (this last one almost never happens).

Bear in mind that one of the unclear mechanics for paladin is that your right-click combo finishers all cost mana(righteous anger) and if you don't have it, you still do the attack, just a lot weaker and without the extra lightning bolts or whatever. This can, at first, make it feel like the combo didn't finish.

Edit: I forgot to answer the actual question. YMMV, but I don't F-lock due to the frequent necessity of switching targets to peel from teammates or otherwise deal with issues like adds/etc. This goes double for execution prompts that pop up, since finishing off adds as they get AOE'd can feed you with more righteous anger to pump out the higher-damage skills with.

Zizi fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 24, 2015

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Valatar posted:

I got on eventually, just kept restarting the client when it crashed while reading a book until I finally got through. So I started on paladin after capping kinetic, and want to ask more experienced ones, should I be F-locking onto my targets regularly? I notice when swinging around the sword if it happens to hit a different enemy it seems to reset the chain and gently caress up my count for building combos.

Hitting different enemies shouldn't reset your combo chain, but it will reset if you move or use most skills.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Huh, I must be moving around then. It's not something I was really paying attention to, since kinetics can move freely while charging their basic attacks. I'm used to shifting around consistently in a fight, guess I'm gonna need to break that habit for paladining. Thanks for the answers!

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Berserker Writeup:
Berserker is the standard tanky melee dps in every game. He spins to wins, he leaps back and forth, he stuns, he swords, etc etc. The animations are particularly brutal, though the enemies don't seem to recoil much from the gallons of blood they are losing. Since Zerkers are a melee class, Trauma damage (AOES) deal half damage to us.

:siren:POST PATCH UPDATE:siren:: Animation canceling is MOSTLY gone now, which means you can only get two fractures in the Thirst for Battle duration. Uncontrollable Rage is a very fair option now. I'd consider it better for soloing, whereas Thirst for Battle is still better for group content where you can pop it for firestorm

Zerk 101: ALWAYS have your Destructive Strike debuff up. Tap or hold down right click and you will launch a shockwave at the opponent making it take 30% more damage from your attacks. This needs to be up at all times.

Primary Attacks

Against solo opponents to generate rage, your bread and butter is Left, Left, Left, Left (Crushing Blow, left icon).
To do BIG DAMAGES to a SINGLE target, use Left, Left, Left , Right (Fracture, right Icon).

To knockdown, use Left, Right (Fast Attack). Be wary it can only be used every 44 seconds, and has a small rage cost.

To hit multiple targets and generate a little bit of rage, use Left, Left, Right (Dissection). This is your last resort move when Whirlwind, Tectonic/Flash of Rage, and Leap are down.

Ability 1: Firestorm or Tornado
Hands down, Firestorm right now. Firestorm is simply a damage buff to your whirlwind. Always get the talent for it. Firestorm costs no rage when it is up (meaning you can toss it in your rotation for single targets), and whirlwind by itself is usually better than tornado. Tornado does not pull targets in, and the vortex it shoots out is difficult to aim, much less manage to get 3 opponents lined up. Tornado + talents, 3 enemies in circle and lined up with vortex will still only do 2/3 of Firestorm's damage. In a fight where you are constantly aoeing, it might be worth it, but keep in mind tornado takes all upfront rage cost, as opposed to whirlwind's channel duration.

Ability 2: Furious Leap or Wild Leap
Wild Leap for pvp and pve. Being able to get out of cc is extremely important in pvp, and despite not showing on the tooltip, Wild Leap does stun your target.

Ability 3: Tectonic Blast or Flash of Rage
Flash of Rage. A quick tap of whirlwind to pull targets in then a charged flash of rage will do the same thing as Firestorm, only faster. Tectonic Blast simply doesn't deal enough damage to warrant using, unless you're facing content where you can't 2-3 shot minions. Be wary of Flash of Rage's nasty cooldown and rage requirements, though.

Ability 4: Battle Frenzy or Thundering Roar
Battle Frenzy is fundamental to surviving as a Berserker. It's even got three talents for it. I wouldn't recommend using Thundering Roar unless you need a lot of CC in a group dungeon or some weird pvp build.
Pop Battle Frenzy often. I usually pop it right at the start of a fight and any time thereafter where there's an increase in damage or I have to hold out for a while. Or the wombo combo with the next ability:

Ability 5: Thirst for Battle or Uncontrollable Rage
Most of the time, you will be using Thirst for Battle, but you can do some seriously crazy poo poo with Uncontrollable Rage, because of the talent for it. 140% Reflect can literally one shot certain boss attacks. Being able to Restore all your rage while still being protected AND dealing damage is great, but it is still a very situational ability. Thirst for Battle can't be beat for general play. Pop Thirst of battle on cooldown, prioritizing Fracture and Crippling Blow while it's up. When it's down, build rage with Crushing Throw. Thirst for Battle + Firestorm/Flash of Rage will easily decimate any mobs around you.

Gladiator
Mediocre ability, but short 2 minute cooldown and damage bonus isn't that bad. Both left and right click do the same thing: Swordsaw the guy in half.If the enemy is out of range, you jump to him. No cooldown on the jump. Very good for clearing out a couple mobs very quickly, or a lot of minions if you get the talent for it (Increases duration by 1.5 Secs on a kill). Just remember to have your buffs up and your mob debuffs up before popping it, because you can't use anything except basic attack while in gladiator stance.

Talents:
There's a lot of room for playstyle here. The vital ones, however, are:

Gear:
Always try to use a weapon with the Fracture modifier. The best modifier for your secondary is Impulse Whirlwind.

For amulets, go for four slots of crushing blow:

For rings, go for Strength/Luck/Crit/Accuracy:

For symbols, Get Ultimate Strength, Maximum Recoil, and Lacerated Wounds as priority.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 12, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
So probably everyone knows everything about cryomancer already but here are my findings anyway. I'm also bolding the names of abilities because it is a pain in the rear end to mouse over every ability to find out which one is which.

Summary: Cryomancers have a ton of crowd control effects but are one of the squishiest classes in the game (at least when Crystal Shield isn't up). As far as damage goes, they have fantastic AoE but mediocre single target damage for a DPS class. With long cooldowns and no combo system it can get pretty monotonous, but the challenge of positioning and controlling and timing correctly rewards you with the fastest clear times out of the 3 starter classes.

Gotchas: Your left click can be used while moving, but most other abilities will root you for the animation. You can dash to cancel most of the animations except Icy Missile (the right click), Icy Comet (3) before the projectile comes out of you, and Jagged Ice/Stasis (V) - these will gently caress up your dash if you try to cancel them. You'll move like 2 feet, even if you have Slide. That said, you can use another dash charge right after to dash 'for real' if you really need to, but you still have to wait for the global cooldown.

Freezing effects - none of these affect bosses (including 4-bar enemies) at all, except your ultimate which still stuns but has a reduced duration.
Intense Cooling is a slow that stacks up, 10% per stack, and once it gets 4 stacks most abilities will cause it to apply ...
Icebound which is a root only - enemies can still attack.
Cryonic Suspension is both a root and silence - so basically a stun.
There's also Stasis which takes them out of the fight for 5 seconds but makes them immune to damage, and knockdown which is technically a stun but doesn't count for any of your class abilities/talents.

Hit Points: I think this is just Stamina * 5, same as Necromancer, less than any other class.
Resource: Cryogen. You have 300 and it regenerates at a rate of 15 per second, and nothing else restores it except your finisher. You can get a main-hand weapon modifier that will give you a 33% chance to regenerate an additional 5 every second. It doesn't tick at exactly the same time. Not sure what the higher quality versions do.
Finisher: Northern Breeze. Press E, restores 25 cryogen. No other special effects besides the execution. Roots you but can be dashed out of. You can get a main-hand weapon modifier that will make it restore 60/120/180 more points of cryogen, for a total of 85/145/205.

Abilities
Left Click: Cryonic Pulse (Tap: Cryonic Pulse, Hold: Freezing Gale)
Tapping is just a single target attack. The Exhaustion talent increases the damage of this against targets with 50% hp or less.
Holding does a small AoE centered on your target. Doesn't cost cryogen, I think it's a bit slower than left clicking. Also procs impulse charge - this is your only AoE impulse charge dump. You can also talent it to deal 35% more damage (only applies to the AoE version).

Right Click: Icy Missile (Tap: Icy Thorn, Hold: Icy Dart)
Tapping costs 50 cryogen and does single target damage, procs impulse charge. This is your only single-target impulse charge dump.
If you charge it up, it costs the same and does the same amount of damage on hit (also proccing impulse charge) but it does a lot more damage over time. The DoT is insignificant at first but there are two talents that augment it - Frost Rage at all times, and Exhaustion once they are at 50% health or less. I don't know if the impulse charge affects the DoT but it recovers at about the same rate as the DoT ticks out so I usually try to hit with this at least every 10 seconds.
You can also talent Icy Missile to deal double damage to anything that has Cryonic Suspension on it, which will then remove Cryonic Suspension and knock them down for an additional 2 seconds.
You can also get a main-hand modifier that increases the damage of both this and Cryobeam by 18% (green) / 36% (blue).

1: Glacial Fangs
90 Cryogen, 30sec cooldown. AoE cone Cryonic Suspension for 2.5sec (4.0sec with talent), meh damage. Range is pretty short so only really useful on mobs that have gap closers (whether they pull you in or jump on you). If you wait for swarm-type mobs to cluster up for this, you are probably already dead. You are not a paladin.

2: Icy Beam
110 Cryogen, 20sec cooldown (80 mana / 15sec with talent). Single target Cryonic Suspension for 2 sec, meh damage. The other point and click disable.

3a: Icy Comet
150 Cryogen, 10sec cooldown (110 mana with talent, which also increases its damage). AoE centered on a target. Takes a while to go but it seems to calculate whether enemies are in range or not based on whether they were when you pressed the button, rather than when the projectile hits. If you use this and then Freezing Gale, they'll impact at about the same time and wipe out most swarms - easy way to prevent leech babies from tagging your opponents in open areas.

3b: Snowball
100 Cryogen, 32sec cooldown. Powers up a big snowball and throws it. Any enemy it touches will get pulled into the snowball, become untargetable, and get carried along, until it explodes at the end of the path and stuns everything. Like Icy Comet, it takes a bit to go off, and dashing early will put it on cooldown without sending out the projectile, but unlike Icy Missile you will still dash normally.

In general it is pretty hilarious but very situational because it is a pretty narrow line (about twice the width of your character) and doesn't do that much damage. You can use it to help with kiting or repositioning adds in PvE content. In PvP it's great because of the reposition and stun. Compared to Icy Comet it has a lot more creative uses, but be careful not to interrupt your allies' big hits by making the enemy untargetable.

4a: Ice Statue
150 Cryogen, 35sec cooldown (75 mana with talent). Creates a statue with 1/3 your HP that taunts nearby enemies, stacks Intense Cooling, and stuns and deals damage when detonated. Also jumps you 'back' (away from your current lock-on target, so not necessarily towards the camera) about the range of a normal dash (doesn't apply Slide). Bosses and other players aren't affected by the taunt, but players are affected by the explosion if you trigger it right away. Even with the talent to increase its hp, it will start to get one-shotted by anything worth using it on, and it can't be detonated if it dies first, so I usually detonate it pretty quickly if not right away.
There are two talents which modify Ice Statue: one increases its duration by 4sec and doubles HP, the other reduces its cryogen cost and makes it stack Intense Cooling faster.
Applies Icebound once Intense Cooling stacks up, if it miraculously lasts that long.

4b: Crystal Shield
60 Cryogen, 30sec cooldown (19sec with talent). 6 seconds of 60% (80% with other talent I think) damage reduction and applies Intense Cooling to nearby enemies. Probably a better choice for bosses and PvP.
Applies Icebound once Intense Cooling stacks up, and with the talent also applies it the first time each enemy enters the area while it's active.
You can get an off-hand that makes it reduce the duration of crowd control effects on you by 33%.
edit: okay I have tested this fairly well and I think it's way better than Ice Statue. With this up and Slide down, enemies will constantly be getting rooted, which means they aren't attacking you if they're melee.
This will also become necessary to survive through Impossible missions once enemy damage starts to ramp up - you pop this to soak up the boss's autoattack damage between dodgeable gimmicks. Note that autoattack damage and many spells are calculated on the server at the point of departure, so popping it when you see a projectile incoming won't do you any good - you have to predict it. That said, even with cryomancer having the lowest stamina multiplier in the game, this spell will let you stand in most things or at least buy you time to get out.

Additionally, Crystal Shield is off-GCD which means you can pop it to cancel an animation if you're out of dash charges, or if you're charging Icy Missile or channeling Jagged Ice and need to dash fast. The only other way to do that as far as I know is to detonate a cryotrap or statue you already have out, which requires even more prescience.

Za: Cryobeam
25 Cryogen, 15sec cooldown (50 mana with talent). Does damage to targets in a line, but does have to be targeted, so it's kind of a pain to line up. It does meh damage without the talent - which says 'two times more cryogen to deal three times more damage' but actually means twice as much cryogen to deal three times as much damage. However, with the talent it is a pretty nice resource dump. This + jagged ice + whiteout + icy missile with all the talents for each will be your highest-DPS anti-boss rotation I think.
You can also get a main-hand modifier that increases the damage of both this and Icy Missile by 18% (green) / 36% (blue).

Zb: Cryotrap
110 Cryogen, 30sec cooldown. Puts a wide circle in front of you which you can then explode - I'm pretty sure the placement is always such that you'll be standing on the edge of it. The first time enemies walk into it, or if they're in it when you use it, they'll be pulled towards the center and knocked down (doesn't affect multi-bar enemies). It only procs once per enemy, so after they stand up, they get right back to chasing you. This and Snowball are the only ways Cryomancers have of repositioning enemies, and both are pretty finnicky, but useful. Cryobeam with the talent is more damage for bosses and such though.
Talent makes it so the explosion applies Cryonic Suspension, which is pretty good.
You can get an off-hand which makes the explosion do 132% (green) - 264% (blue) more damage.

Ca: Whiteout
170 Cryogen, 45sec cooldown. Makes a big annoying snowstorm, centered on the cursor where you point at the ground, that masks the subtler kinds of void zones (especially if there are three of them at once) but does too much damage, even single target, to justify not using it as often as possible unless it's a fight where you can't keep the boss in the same general area for 10 seconds (14 with talent). Talent also makes it apply Intense Cooling more often, but it doesn't apply Icebound on its own. You can easily combine it with Slide to make that happen though.
e: (hold it down to get a radius indicator so you can position it more precisely - sometimes it bugs and the radius indicator stays visible even after you release the button and cast the ability. It will go away the next time you use it)
You can get an off-hand that makes it do 56% (green) to 112% (blue) more damage.

Cb: Snowstorm
170 Cryogen, 55sec cooldown. Is like Whiteout: does way less damage, but can apply Cryonic Suspension when it stacks up Intense Cooling - that's the stun, not the root. Your mileage may vary on whether this is worth taking or not. Probably better in PvP, especially with the talent.

Va: Jagged Ice
0 Cryogen (but you don't regenerate cryogen while channeling it), 25sec cooldown. This ability does good single-target damage but you're rooted and it fucks up your dashes. Best to save it for boss vulnerability periods or use it when you know you're out of the AoE of an enemy's charge-up attack.
There's a talent that makes it stack up a slow on the enemy and 'root' them; it uses a separate counter from Intense Cooling but has the same icon. It goes like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, where each stack is a 20% move speed reduction. Doesn't work on bosses either.

Vb: Stasis
0 Cryogen, 40sec cooldown. Makes the enemy invulnerable but stunned for 5 seconds. Don't be fooled by the tooltip, it is not instant - it has about a 2 second cast time, and fucks up your dash just like Jagged Ice. Cancelling it won't put it on cooldown however since it doesn't take effect unless you complete the casting. I would definitely stick with Jagged Ice over this, even in PvP, but you may find the CC more useful than the damage.

R: Frost Shackles
0 Cryogen, 9min cooldown. Stuns everything for 6 seconds and does a bunch of damage when it wears off. Can even CC bosses and multi-bar monsters (is there an official term for those? Please tell me it's not 'BAMs'?) but the duration is reduced against them (about 2 seconds on bosses or so. Doesn't seem to mess up any of their gimmicks).

Other/general talents:
Slide: This talent will change your life. Instead of dashing, you skate around like Frozone, moving about three times as far and leaving an icy trail which applies Intense Cooling into Icebound and even does a (negligible) bit of damage.
Slalom: Anyone who enters your AoEs (Cryotrap, Whiteout/Snowstorm, Ice Statue, Slide, and Frost Shackles) gets a 30% movement buff and is immune to movement-impairing effects for 5 seconds. It refreshes every second that they are in it. Also applies to you, so literally every time you dash you get this buff.

Supercooling: enemies who have Icebound or Cryonic Suspension from you take 15% more damage. This won't work on bosses, but trash packs are often harder than bosses anyway. Combine with Slalom, Crystal Shield, and whatever else for maximum coverage. The way the tooltip is worded, it sounds like 15% more damage for the whole party, which is pretty good if true.

Gust: Increases the range of your left-click, right-click, and #2 ability by 10 yards. I've never run into issues with range in this game but I'm sure it has its uses.

Off-GCD abilities:
Most abilities trigger a global cooldown.
Your execute can be used off GCD but not when channeling Jagged Ice or charging up Icy Missile. I think this is wrong
Cryotrap and Ice Statue can be detonated off GCD (only once you've put them down).
Crystal Shield can be used off GCD as well.
And of course your dash.

With the exceptions noted above, these abilities can be used to cancel the animations of any ability, including your execute, allowing you to start moving again.

Gear
Primary Stats: Although you can make better use of Impulse Charges than some other classes due to your on-demand consumers, your abilities and talents don't interact with it so it's not a priority. You will do just fine stacking Strength and Luck and to a lesser extent Valor like everyone else, plus you can stick with one set of rings that way. You don't have to actively avoid Spirit though, especially if you're gunning for a class that does make good use of impulse charges.

Secondary Stats: Offensive stats are nice. Crushing Blow (always), Temper (if you have a lot of valor), Accuracy (if you have a lot of strength), Crit chance (if you have a lot of luck). Defensive stats are kind of pointless since you're going to get two-shotted by anything that gets into melee with you regardless of how much block % you have.

Main Hand: I think either the % chance to restore 5 cryogen or the % damage to Icy Missile and Cryobeam are the best choices for this. Making your finisher restore more cryogen is pointless most of the time - it's at best an extra 4 (8 if blue) seconds of regen only when you use your finisher, while the constant regen is an extra 11% (22%) regen at all times.

Off Hand: % Whiteout damage is best. It's your highest damage-per-execution-time spell. The cryotrap explosion damage isn't great since it's a long cooldown and only okay damage to begin with, and the CC reduction on crystal shield... well, in PvP I usually find myself wishing I had CC reduction so I could activate Crystal Shield sooner in the first place. Even with the talent it's only a 32% uptime generally.

Amulets: So far I can only seem to get ones for Jagged Ice, Icy Meteor, and left clicks. Icy Missile and Whiteout would be ideal though.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 22, 2015

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
So I've got the developing talents mission to "Eliminate 20 enemies with no more than 10 seconds between victories." I assumed between victories meant combat cycles like the random side missions with a similar text, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Is it that I have to kill 20 enemies with no more than 10 seconds passing between a kill?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Victory basically means kill, you get a bloody buff icon whenever you make a kill. Each kill stacks that up by one and resets the timer.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Drakes posted:

Victory basically means kill, you get a bloody buff icon whenever you make a kill. Each kill stacks that up by one and resets the timer.

That reminds me of another question, how in the hell do you tell what buffs and debuffs do? Short of reading the description (when you can find it in your skills) I can't see how to bring up a cursor and look a tooltip or anything in the main ui.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

nessin posted:

So I've got the developing talents mission to "Eliminate 20 enemies with no more than 10 seconds between victories." I assumed between victories meant combat cycles like the random side missions with a similar text, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Is it that I have to kill 20 enemies with no more than 10 seconds passing between a kill?

Go to the easiest mission you can, round up all the little weenie enemies and then AoE them down at once when you have twenty of them following you.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

4th Progression tab has been added to the Atlas Menu in RU.
https://sf.mail.ru/news/1145.html | Google Translate

Pesayeth
Feb 28, 2015
Is the guild still up and running? Found "God Awful" but it only has 4 members, and I figure we have more than that actively playing the game still since it isn't old enough for us to fall apart yet.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Pretty sure we're at our current 90 member cap, and working on an expansion. Bunch of the UIs are making GBS threads themselves because their servers are overloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesayeth
Feb 28, 2015

ZypherIM posted:

Pretty sure we're at our current 90 member cap, and working on an expansion. Bunch of the UIs are making GBS threads themselves because their servers are overloaded.

No worries, I'm still pretty new into it and likely wouldn't benefit or be a benefit to have in the guild as of now. I'll keep an eye open as I get farther and we make more progress on the pantheon.

• Locked thread