Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

detectivemonkey posted:

I really want MBMBAM to switch with Oh No Ross and Carrie. Although Sawbones would be good for that switch, too.

So the eating in the totinos episode does calm down after the beginning? I only got a few minutes in and had to turn it off, but I really want to listen to it.
I regularly listen to MBMBAM at 1.5x speed in Overcast (with Smart Speed), and completely didn't notice any eating sounds. So if you have that app you may have a solution, or else try playing a little faster in another app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Damned if the advertising tactic didn't work, I've got a mad craving for some Totino's® brand pizza rolls. Unfortunately, in the two stores I've visited, all I could find were some Michelina® brand pizza 'snax', which immediately turned to ash upon touching my mouth. I don't even know if Totino's® is sold up here in the Great White North.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Try the Family Dollar, where you can avoid Brand Ecch.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Morpheus posted:

Damned if the advertising tactic didn't work, I've got a mad craving for some Totino's® brand pizza rolls. Unfortunately, in the two stores I've visited, all I could find were some Michelina® brand pizza 'snax', which immediately turned to ash upon touching my mouth. I don't even know if Totino's® is sold up here in the Great White North.
They aren't. I'm guessing that a Pillsbury Pizza Pop or McCain Pizza Pocket approximates the experience, on a macro level. Pillsbury is owned by General Mills, just as Totino's is, after all.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 23, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Real talk? Those Michelina things are waaaaaay better than Totinos pizza rolls.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Scudworth posted:

Each corporate plug they do per money zone is $200, so... yeah.

$200 is for one-time commercial Jumbotron messages, basically like personal messages but for a product. They're pretty occasional, usually somebody's podcast or new CD or whatever. Ongoing plugs like NatureBox or SquareSpace or whatever are handled differently... no idea how exactly rates compare though. http://maximumfun.org/jumbotron

kmzh fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 23, 2015

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

kmzh posted:

$200 is for one-time commercial Jumbotron messages, basically like personal messages but for a product. They're pretty occasional, usually somebody's podcast or new CD or whatever. Ongoing plugs like NatureBox or SquareSpace or whatever are handled differently... no idea how exactly rates compare though. http://maximumfun.org/jumbotron
To give a frame of reference, Daring Fireball is a website with 4-5 million webpage views per month, with 200,000+ feed subscribers, 78,000+ Twitter followers and he currently charges $9,500 for a one-week exclusive sponsorship of the RSS feed.

For his latest podcast, he was selling two sponsorships per episode at $2500 each, back when it started 3 years ago. Those ad reads are pretty similar to MBMBaM in length/depth.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Morpheus posted:

I don't even know if Totino's® is sold up here in the Great White North.

If you have an M&M Meats in your area their pizza rolls are incredible and also nearly the size of an actual egg roll.

Most grocery stores have some generic pizza rolls in with the appetizers, not the pizza.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

M&Ms have pretty good pizza rolls, depending on where you are here in Canadia.

I've never wanted a pizza roll more in my life.

e:fb

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I am literally going to eat pizza rolls with a friend this weekend because of a loving MBMBAM episode. What the hell.

e: I haven't eaten pizza rolls in my entire adult life.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I was unaware of the "flavor blasted" technology. Is it like they send the pizza rolls through a car wash of Dorito dust?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Totino's got more than their money's worth out of this episode, whatever they paid.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I have never even considered eating Totinos pizza rolls and now I honestly can't get the idea out of my head. Whatever they paid the MBMBAM boys was 100% worth it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
As someone who lives in Australia I regret listening to the episode as there are no Totino's Pizza Rolls here.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Asterios posted:

I have never even considered eating Totinos pizza rolls and now I honestly can't get the idea out of my head. Whatever they paid the MBMBAM boys was 100% worth it.

You are not wrong. I _really_ want to try them now.

I live in the UK. Where can I get Totinos pizza rolls in the UK?

I will stick to the serving size I swear. I just want to taste the delicious flavourblast of a taste-pillow. :eng99:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
They're really just the same garbage ingredients assembled with the engineered balance of fat and salt to truck your brain into thinking it's good as whatever you can find in your local supermarket's freezer section.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Lor posted:

I live in the UK. Where can I get Totinos pizza rolls in the UK?

If they're not a regular frozen garbage food there, maybe you and the guy in Australia can make your own? Can you get eggroll shells? Put pizza filling in that + fry. That's a pizza roll.

Bribe a local Chinese restaurant to help if you must.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Scudworth posted:

If you have an M&M Meats in your area their pizza rolls are incredible and also nearly the size of an actual egg roll.

Most grocery stores have some generic pizza rolls in with the appetizers, not the pizza.
Just to follow up, looks like M&M carries egg-roll sized pizza rolls but also Totino's-sized pepperoni bites.

As for the flavor-blasting it's just pepperoni pizza rolls in a flavor powder. If it's anything like Taco Bell Doritos Locos I imagine it should be a hard pass anyway.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

...does the flavor blasting powder come in its own separate pouch in the box?

Where I'm heading is obviously...could I flavor blast non-Totinos products?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I think there are international laws against that kind of thing.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Asterios posted:

...does the flavor blasting powder come in its own separate pouch in the box?

Where I'm heading is obviously...could I flavor blast non-Totinos products?
Pretty sure it's pre-blasted for maximum rph : prep time ratio.

Need to flavor blast a non-Totinos foodstuff in a hurry? Dump a bag of smashed Doritos on the floor, rub it in that and eat the mess off of the floor like an animal.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kenny Logins posted:

Pretty sure it's pre-blasted for maximum rph : prep time ratio.

Need to flavor blast a non-Totinos foodstuff in a hurry? Dump a bag of smashed Doritos on the floor, rub it in that and eat the mess off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo.

Fixed.

Also people say that they're all the same but let me tell you I ain't finding no Buffalo Chicken-flavoured Michelina's rolls, that's for drat sure.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Fixed.

Also people say that they're all the same but let me tell you I ain't finding no Buffalo Chicken-flavoured Michelina's rolls, that's for drat sure.
I couldn't suppress my Canadianity enough to just out say it, thanks.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

This is all amazing advice. If there's one thing I'm always looking for, it's new ways to ruin my body with food-like chemicals.

Hey, seeing as this is the non-official MaxFun thread, the next International Waters looks like it may have both Keith Powell (a.k.a. "Toofer" from 30 Rock) and Ingrid Oliver (a.k.a "Osgood" from Doctor Who.)

So there's gonna be some reeealllllyyy nerdy poo poo going down in the murder box.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Kenny Logins posted:

Just to follow up, looks like M&M carries egg-roll sized pizza rolls but also Totino's-sized pepperoni bites.

This is it, the day I bought a 2kg bag of pizza rolls because of a podcast.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Scudworth posted:

If they're not a regular frozen garbage food there, maybe you and the guy in Australia can make your own? Can you get eggroll shells? Put pizza filling in that + fry. That's a pizza roll.

No, you don't understand, I can probably make a pizza roll or buy an Australian brand version (though apparently it means a sandwich?), but I want Totino's. I want that specific brand of garbage.

also what are eggroll shells? As an ESL living in Australia all the culinary terms are confusing.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

toanoradian posted:

As the McElroy brothers descend further and further into the crazy cult of Garfield fetishists, Ross and Carrie had to dive deep into the murky waters of Yahoo Answers: Parenting section.

If there's lasagna on the gar-field, play ball.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Scudworth posted:

Bribe a local Chinese restaurant to help if you must.

Hahaha. "Hey could I get an order of egg-rolls? Oh and do me a favour and scrape out all that delicate balance of flavours refined over thousands of years bullshit and stick plasto-cheese and mashed salty-pork-offal-discs in there instead. Thanks :v:"

=D

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lor posted:

Hahaha. "Hey could I get an order of egg-rolls? Oh and do me a favour and scrape out all that delicate balance of flavours refined over thousands of years bullshit and stick plasto-cheese and mashed salty-pork-offal-discs in there instead. Thanks :v:"

=D

Eggrolls are already that pretty much. They're as American as hot pockets.

In fact sticking pepperoni in it would be more in line with American Chinese food tradition than not. "Stick meats in there, fry it" has been the motto more or less for s while

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The history of americanized chinese food is interesting in that they pretty much had to make the food more garbage-y in order to make it sell at all.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You know what I bring to the table? A head full of lice.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You know what I bring to the table? A head full of lice.

I think that lady's boyfriend might've been featured in an F Plus episode.

Really sad that none of the brothers came up with an ace Prince of Bel Air / Wings riff this ep. It's right there:

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Wings living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rollofthedice posted:

Really sad that none of the brothers came up with an ace Prince of Bel Air / Wings riff this ep. It's right there:

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Wings living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

I flew up to the runway round 7 or 8
And I yelled to the pilot "Yo homes, smell ya later!"
Looked at my Wingdom and I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of the Air.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Rollofthedice posted:

There was that guy in the squatter episode that was asking how to get lice out of his dreads, so there is a non-zero possibility this is true.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Maxfun has a new podcast all about dogs, for which Travis is the producer and "resident dog training expert".

I'm not going to listen to it, I'm just telling you.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
"The McElroy brothers ARE NOT EXPERTS"

gently caress off lying man

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Travis is a dog training expert AND a sexpert?

Well, I just hope he never trained a female dog named Buffy...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The only thing better than the Wings theme song remixes was the sudden reprises of Wings theme song remixes.

A fleitmotif if you will.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 30, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The Adventure Zone continues to be amazing. I hope that live show they do is put up as an ordinary episode as well, because apparently the Podfest is charging 25 bucks to buy a ticket to watch the livestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
My only problem with the Adventure Zone is that there seems to be no chance that any of the characters will actually ever die and have someone be forced to roll a new character which to me is a lot of the fun of RPGs. Other than that it's unbearably great

• Locked thread