Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Holy gently caress, this is the first time I've got satisfaction out of my job in a long time.

Processed this sale for some group out in the hicks about six months ago where the broker bitched and bitched about getting their current medical travel coverage grandfathered. To the point where I was pulling in favors all over the place to get a custom installation done for this group.

Well it turns out some idiot in the group let their six year old kid ride an ATV and long story short he needed to be medivac'd out. Poor kid is on life support so the parents are loving idiots.

As it turns out we would've covered it, had we not grandfathered the medical travel the advisor bitched and bitched about.

I feel bad for the poor kid, but god drat it feels good to deny a claim on justifiable ground and then add "oh yeah those parents are shitheads and deserve to suffer".

Shits hosed up yo. I'm not sure reveling in their misery should feel so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

1500quidporsche posted:

Holy gently caress, this is the first time I've got satisfaction out of my job in a long time.

Processed this sale for some group out in the hicks about six months ago where the broker bitched and bitched about getting their current medical travel coverage grandfathered. To the point where I was pulling in favors all over the place to get a custom installation done for this group.

Well it turns out some idiot in the group let their six year old kid ride an ATV and long story short he needed to be medivac'd out. Poor kid is on life support so the parents are loving idiots.

As it turns out we would've covered it, had we not grandfathered the medical travel the advisor bitched and bitched about.

I feel bad for the poor kid, but god drat it feels good to deny a claim on justifiable ground and then add "oh yeah those parents are shitheads and deserve to suffer".

If the first time you've had satisfaction in your job is from a child's injuries, then you need to find a new job. Either that, or you're a bad person. :(

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Maksimus54 posted:

Shits hosed up yo. I'm not sure reveling in their misery should feel so good

It's common enough that there's a word for it, so, yeah, it should feel good.

meatpimp posted:

If the first time you've had satisfaction in your job is from a child's injuries, then you need to find a new job. Either that, or you're a bad person. :(

It's the first time he's had satisfaction in his job, and it's from two parents who were pains in the asses and ended up being on the hook for a huge medical bill because of it, not because a kid is hurting.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Sigma X posted:

It's the first time he's had satisfaction in his job, and it's from two parents who were pains in the asses and ended up being on the hook for a huge medical bill because of it, not because a kid is hurting.

Which is just going to cause hardship on the family... the kid certainly isn't going to end up anything but hosed from the ordeal... not a cause to celebrate.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

Are you selling insurance or what?

Sounds terrible.

e: beaten 5 times.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah my heart goes out to that kid and I hope he pulls through. But in a job where you're denying people drug coverage because they are old and need it or they forgot to enroll by two days this is about as close to a win as you'll get.

gently caress do I need a new job.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Too bad you can't show that to your boss and get a big bonus for saving them like $3 million.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Astonishing Wang posted:

Too bad you can't show that to your boss and get a big bonus for saving them like $3 million.

More likely going to be in the $30k region, being in Canada and all.

We've got an rear end backwards system where sales gets a bonus from sales and I get nothing from saying no to them getting us into situations like this so I end up not giving a poo poo as its the easiest way to cope with this garbage.

Only time I've genuinely started screaming at a guy in sales was one group where the company owner found out an employee claimed $3000 for a wheel chair right before they were up for renewal and fired her and asked the sales guy to readjust the pricing, sales guy actually had the balls to fully explain the situation then ask that we not factor the $3k into pricing.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah my heart goes out to that kid and I hope he pulls through. But in a job where you're denying people drug coverage because they are old and need it or they forgot to enroll by two days this is about as close to a win as you'll get.

God drat, that's harsh.

quote:

gently caress do I need a new job.

:smith:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

No offense, but I would rather have no job than do yours man. I don't think I could live with myself doing what you do.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Well to be fair - it's a job that somebody needs to do. If he can do it and cope with it then great. There are a ton of jobs where you'll have to make sacrifices whether big or small, and we each have our own misery-threshold. Not everybody gets to be a park ranger riding lions on the Serengeti.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Elmnt80 posted:

No offense, but I would rather have no job than do yours man. I don't think I could live with myself doing what you do.

Yeah uh, I hate people and semi-seriously wish this planet would get knocked out of orbit by a large, angry chunk of space-rock, but I couldn't do that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

yeah its not fun, and had I known I was dealing with this poo poo along with doing pricing which is why I applied I probably would've turned down the job. I'm actively looking for something that pays around the same range, but the price of oil going through the floor killed a lot of the job market here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

.....yeah, I'd be conflicted :( Its not fair to the kid that his parents are morons.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 24, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im not piling into the bandwagon here I am curious what to be conflicted about in a story about some kid winding up on life support but at least we don't have to pay for the claim is in any way shape or form a positive

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I could do that job, does that make me some sort of a monster?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Candied bacon cheese burger with Wisconsin style cheese curds washed down with a s'mores stout. Possibly the best beer I've had all year. Maybe Omaha isn't so bad after all.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You know, you could pretty much show a cow a Steak And Shake and be like "This is it, this is the point of your entire species existence. We have completely domesticated you and guided your evolution in pursuit of the perfect cheeseburger and milkshake. And to top it off, we're going to loving wear your skin while we eat it." (Not that steak n shake is perfect, but you get the point.)

And you know what, I'm perfectly ok with this.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

NitroSpazzz posted:

Candied bacon cheese burger with Wisconsin style cheese curds washed down with a s'mores stout. Possibly the best beer I've had all year. Maybe Omaha isn't so bad after all.

Wisconsin.. style? So are they 2 pounds each and deep fried? My sister lives in Madison and I cannot get over the average $4 bar appetizer in WI containing more calories than 11 bloomin' onions.

(fresh, unfried cheese curds are so much more delicious too)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Ether Frenzy posted:

:agreed:

My dad's side of the family is from Wisconsin, I really don't understand how people there aren't fatter than they are given three of the major food groups are cheese, sausage and beer.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Geoj posted:

:agreed:

My dad's side of the family is from Wisconsin, I really don't understand how people there aren't fatter than they are given three of the major food groups are cheese, sausage and beer.

Well, me personally, is because my diet consists of mostly the beer part. Speaking of...

NitroSpazzz posted:

Where do I get this, because I need it in my life right now.

Edit: Preoptopus, are you the only other one that lives in Wisconsin?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Im not piling into the bandwagon here I am curious what to be conflicted about in a story about some kid winding up on life support but at least we don't have to pay for the claim is in any way shape or form a positive

It's more in my mind these parents being idiots letting their young kid ride an ATV with a side of the broker shooting themselves in the foot.

We cover physio and if the claim helped the kid in any way I'd probably fight tooth and nail to get this kid covered. As it stands in my view (that has been warped by this job) this is what the parents get for making an extremely stupid choice that injured their kid.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So awhile back I dropped Verizon for everything except internet. Of course, they wanted their equipment back. I had 1 cable box, 2 cable cards, the power supply for the cable box, and the remote.

I sent it all back in the box they provided, and taped the cable cards to the cable box so that they wouldn't bounce around and get damaged.

Got an email today saying they received the cable cards, but not the cable box. :wtc:

Still have the shipping receipt, showing that the box weighed 8.22 pounds. Those would have been some awful heavy cable cards...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

1500quidporsche posted:

It's more in my mind these parents being idiots letting their young kid ride an ATV with a side of the broker shooting themselves in the foot.

We cover physio and if the claim helped the kid in any way I'd probably fight tooth and nail to get this kid covered. As it stands in my view (that has been warped by this job) this is what the parents get for making an extremely stupid choice that injured their kid.

I get how you feel about the parents, but really it sounds like the broker is the dip poo poo here. Hope they know they made it so the kid doesn't get covered.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Do you know the specifics of the story? How do you know the parents were being idiots?

Where I grew up kids rode mini bikes and mini atv's all the time, 6 yrs isn't that young. So unless he was riding a full size atv instead of a child size I don't see the problem, especially if he was wearing the right gear. Accidents happen.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My two bottle openers arrived, they're :perfect: Thanks for sharing these with us, Geirskogul! :D

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

leica posted:

Do you know the specifics of the story? How do you know the parents were being idiots?

Yeah, he already stated:

1500quidporsche posted:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Jesus christ AI.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

What car would Jesus drive?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

freelop posted:

What car would Jesus drive?

A 15 pax van. For him, his disciples, and the two underage boys he rapes on the side.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

freelop posted:

I made pizza dough as per 88h88's instructions earlier in the thread and even though I cocked it up a bit it was still magnificent.

What did you gently caress up?

And where are the photos?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

What did you gently caress up?

And where are the photos?

Photos were one of the things I messed up, only took a snap to send on facebook chat and it didn't focus properly

I either didn't get the oven hot enough, didn't leave it in long enough or didn't make it thin enough because the thicker parts were still a bit dough-y
Also forgot to flour the pizza tray and had to pry the pizza off with a knife.

That said it was still gorgeous and I will attempt it again.

Never expected it to be hard to make a circle.

Made with reggie reggie sauce for the base (on offer for £1 a bottle at asda at the moment), polish turkey sausage, olives and mixed cheddar/mozzarella cheese.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Good effort. Pizzas that aren't circular are 'rustic' and 'artisan' so you can charge another £5 on top for those... :v:

Oven = HOT AS IT CAN GO, I've left them an hour before putting anything in them before now. Top shelf. Pizza stone if you have one. If not, get one. Once you've shaped the dough, remove extremely hot pizza stone from the oven and put your shaped dough on it, add sauce and toppings and it'll cook the underneath while you're doing it. Put in oven. Wait. Eat.

The longer you leave the dough in the fridge, the easier it is to get ridiculously thin pizza. Of course you don't have to, you just CAN if you want.

Also reggae reggae is king of pizza sauce. Baking does something magical to it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Happy Friday everyone! Time to bust my rear end for the next 8 hours so I can fall asleep on my couch at 8pm after drinking 1 beer.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

Good effort. Pizzas that aren't circular are 'rustic' and 'artisan' so you can charge another £5 on top for those... :v:

Oven = HOT AS IT CAN GO, I've left them an hour before putting anything in them before now. Top shelf. Pizza stone if you have one. If not, get one. Once you've shaped the dough, remove extremely hot pizza stone from the oven and put your shaped dough on it, add sauce and toppings and it'll cook the underneath while you're doing it. Put in oven. Wait. Eat.

The longer you leave the dough in the fridge, the easier it is to get ridiculously thin pizza. Of course you don't have to, you just CAN if you want.

Also reggae reggae is king of pizza sauce. Baking does something magical to it.

Don't have a pizza stone but may get one soon.
My oven goes up to 230C and I can wack the fan on to send it even hotter. Isn't that overkill?
It was only on 200C for that pizza.

Made the dough last Sunday so it had been sitting since then.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Happy Friday everyone! Time to bust my rear end for the next 8 hours so I can fall asleep on my couch at 8pm after drinking 1 beer.

Welcome to adulthood, please help yourself to a complimentary T-shirt and lanyard, then take your seat in the auditorium.

freelop posted:

Don't have a pizza stone but may get one soon.
My oven goes up to 230C and I can wack the fan on to send it even hotter. Isn't that overkill?
It was only on 200C for that pizza.

Made the dough last Sunday so it had been sitting since then.

As hot as it will go. There are some crazy people out there who disable the locks on the self-cleaning mode and use the 500C goodness that entails, that's how hot you want. For me, 275C is good enough. As for the dough, I like to substitute a cup of durum semolina flour and some white wine for some of the water; I find it makes the thin crust even crispier and airier.

AI foodchat is the best foodchat :allears:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MrChips posted:

As hot as it will go. There are some crazy people out there who disable the locks on the self-cleaning mode and use the 500C goodness that entails, that's how hot you want. For me, 275C is good enough. As for the dough, I like to substitute a cup of durum semolina flour and some white wine for some of the water; I find it makes the thin crust even crispier and airier.

AI foodchat is the best foodchat :allears:

I keep telling my wife this. I make pizza on 250', she makes it at 200 or 180. Stones have to be hot. When I make them I do one at a time, stone in the oven, out, pizza on, in, next stone out, repeat, be quick and the first one is done when the third goes in, three pizzas feeds all four of us.

She still makes a good pizza though, she's started adding nearly enough chillies :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cakefool posted:

I keep telling my wife this. I make pizza on 250', she makes it at 200 or 180. Stones have to be hot. When I make them I do one at a time, stone in the oven, out, pizza on, in, next stone out, repeat, be quick and the first one is done when the third goes in, three pizzas feeds all four of us.

Production line pizza is best pizza. I once did this at a party, we managed 10 before people started slacking on ideas for what we should put them on. After discussion a further 10 followed. When you've got people willing to cut stuff and grate cheese it becomes a thing of wonder. And fatness.

But yeah, oven as hot as loving possible. Pizza on the uppermost shelf. "but there's little difference in heat a fan assisted oven!" gently caress you, it makes LOADS of difference.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Woo! Three day weekend starts today. It started by my alarm not going off so my wife could get ready for work :ughh:

Anyway, I think I'll put my new air hose together and maybe grease the caliper slider pins on the NC. Anyone ever done that? Is permatex aluminium anti-sieze going to work for that?

I wish I had a porter cable random orbital so I could make the lovely paint on the miata look at least a little presentable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Wisconsin.. style? So are they 2 pounds each and deep fried? My sister lives in Madison and I cannot get over the average $4 bar appetizer in WI containing more calories than 11 bloomin' onions.

Imitation WI style, they were decent but not nearly fatty enough. I always buy a bag or two of unfried cheese curds when I visit home. Bring some when I have classes in WI/MN with a bunch of people from out of town and they're always a hit.

T-Square posted:

Where do I get this, because I need it in my life right now.
Omaha Tap House - Brau Brothers S'Mores Moo Joos. Guy said it was brewed by the barrel so they only expect to have it last another 3-4 days. I don't care if I eat there again I'm swinging by to get at least one more of those beers.

Woo heat advisory and I'm going to be outside with no shade all day...sweet. Also have pink eye which is great.

• Locked thread