Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Di Marzio is saying Napoli want Bartra ... Hope he stays or it's just a loan spell

Also Barca are being linked with Llorente for some reason? Da fuq? If they want to raise their handsome quotient then it makes sense...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quiet enjoyment posted:

Also Barca are being linked with Llorente for some reason? Da fuq? If they want to raise their handsome quotient then it makes sense...

All of the Llorente rumors must be some sort of inside joke/troll among journalists.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Troll football? Now I'm listening

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Troll football? Now I'm listening

so you didn't hear the Tevez went back to South America?

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
What a boring loving window, someone splash the cash

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Diaby is set for a medical at West Brom.

One of only few players for whom that is a serious obstacle.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

I think you'll find that Liverpool have splashed all the cash.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Pogba signed a new contract today

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Pogba signed a new contract today

Yeah, Florentin Pogba.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Hope it goes well for him. Apparently West Brom offered to try to resurrect Hargreaves, too. I was kind of hoping Diaby would try out a different league. Maybe a different pace/style would have made him fall apart less frequently.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

imagine starting a game with a midfield of fletcher, hargreaves, and diaby

the st johns ambulance people doing all of the fistpumps

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

chuggo is BACK posted:

I can see him at like Palace or something, he's better than that but w the injuries idk if a bigger side will take the chance

I was close

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vegetable posted:

Maybe West Brom can put to rest whether or not Arsenal's medical staff are wholly incompetent. And if they do resurrect him then we can all look forward to him terrorizing Liverpool once again.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Vegetable posted:

What doctor would stake his reputation on clearing Diaby's legs for anything but amputation

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Vegetable posted:

Fine with this. So far this summer we have signed James McClean and.... uhh... *checks notes* ...that's it, actually.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It's amazing that Diaby can not play for months and months, come back for a couple of games and play at the level he does then die again. Imagine how good he would have been if he wasn't made of glass? Even though he's been paid millions to sit on his rear end I have to say I feel pretty sorry for the guy.

Liverpool are being linked a lot with Digne from PSG. We don't really have any left backs apart from Moreno (who really needs to step up defensively this season) so might be a good pick up. At the quoted nine million it is on the pricey side though.

I'm hoping we see a few starts for Gomez this season. Along with Milner he's looked fantastic pre season. For a kid that's just turned eighteen he's a big loving unit. Fast as hell too.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Ewar Woowar posted:

Liverpool are being linked a lot with Digne from PSG. We don't really have any left backs apart from Moreno (who really needs to step up defensively this season) so might be a good pick up. At the quoted nine million it is on the pricey side though.

Not really surprising that we're looking into left back options. Really seemed like Rodgers lost confidence in Moreno at some point last season, and Gomez has gotten more time on the pitch this preseason than I would've thought. Hope we give Moreno another chance though, that goal against Spurs was real fun to watch.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Homura posted:

Not really surprising that we're looking into left back options. Really seemed like Rodgers lost confidence in Moreno at some point last season, and Gomez has gotten more time on the pitch this preseason than I would've thought. Hope we give Moreno another chance though, that goal against Spurs was real fun to watch.

Worth mentioning that Moreno apparently had an injury early in pre-season and only started training again when we went to Australia, might explain his absence.

Liverpool fans are really excited for Digne but PSG fans on reddit claim he's poo poo, so sounds like a classic Liverpool transfer.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Diaby was literally the next viera and I am very sad he'll never be what he could have been.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Diaby was literally the next viera and I am very sad he'll never be what he could have been.

A Viera or a Vieira.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Worth mentioning that Moreno apparently had an injury early in pre-season and only started training again when we went to Australia, might explain his absence.

Liverpool fans are really excited for Digne but PSG fans on reddit claim he's poo poo, so sounds like a classic Liverpool transfer.

People on reddit tend to be loving idiots who base their opinion on FIFA stats.

I've never seen him play so I'm going to assume he's real good op.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Ewar Woowar posted:

People on reddit tend to be loving idiots who base their opinion on FIFA stats.

I've never seen him play so I'm going to assume he's real good op.

Yeah. We're proper pros here and base our opinion on Football Manager.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

havent seen digne since u19 but he was a proper twink who had good technique.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

straight up brolic posted:

havent seen digne since u19 but he was a proper twink who had good technique.

Sounds ideal. Has he shown great character?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

"manchester evening news posted:

Manchester United trying to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid

Six years after Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid for a world record £80m Man Utd are attempting to re-sign the Portuguese.

Manchester United want to re-sign Old Trafford great Cristiano Ronaldo as the club intensifies its efforts to build a potentially title-winning squad.

M.E.N. Sport understands United are working on what could be a new club-record deal to bring Ronaldo back to Manchester six years after he joined Real Madrid for a world record £80m.

Although United have completed deals for Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin, the club is determined to secure a marquee buy in the vein of Angel di Maria’s British record £59.7m arrival last year.

United explored the possibility of signing Ronaldo during David Moyes’ first transfer window in 2013, however the three-time Ballon d’Or winner signed a new contract until 2018.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-transfers-cristiano-ronaldo-9646105

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If they're going to do it now would probably be the time- new manager and problems with Perez.

They're going to have to spend a ridiculous amount of money for a player that is already thirty though.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This again lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/23/arsenal-director-arsene-wenger-break-transfer-record-striker

One of Arsenals directors said a bunch of stuff. Pretty good read. As far as transfers, sounds like Wengy wants Benzema and there won't be a transfer unless Madrid buy a big striker.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Masonity posted:

Aye I reckon some teams should be in for Eder Alvarez Balanta pretty soon.

blue footed boobie posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/23/arsenal-director-arsene-wenger-break-transfer-record-striker

One of Arsenals directors said a bunch of stuff. Pretty good read. As far as transfers, sounds like Wengy wants Benzema and there won't be a transfer unless Madrid buy a big striker.
Yeah it's almost certainly Benzema but I really doubt it'll happen... the reddit thread was ripe with Lewandowski and Zlatan talk as well. Of the three Zlatan's the only one I could really see moving on.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

blue footed boobie posted:

Jozy to Madrid?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Masonity posted:

if it was good enough for everton...

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

It's definitely happening this summer :D :D

Can't see Ronaldo getting along with Benitez. Nor can I see him ever returning to England.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

PirateBob posted:

It's definitely happening this summer :D :D

Can't see Ronaldo getting along with Benitez. Nor can I see him ever returning to England.

Bayern to sell Muller for £100m and turn around and buy Ronaldo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is Jordan Ayew the bad Ayew brother since Villa have had a £12m bid accepted

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

I think the bad one. The good one went to Swansea...and has been bad according to Sasassin.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Jose posted:

Yeah but he might be good now? Hard to keep up since Andre is supposed to be bad now

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lol ayew was born on september 11th

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

lol ayew was born on september 11th

ayew knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
So he's 13 yo?? These Africans and their wacky birth certificates! What won't they think of next

• Locked thread