Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

a kitten posted:

These crossovers are getting ridiculous.

Ha! Is that a Denmo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, found it on his tumblr.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm out 3 Bladed Steel Jigs trying to catch this god drat catkiller. It would have literally been cheaper to just pay the 140k

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Anyone have a current 3.0 SpecialSpellTimer XML file they can share or link to?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Huzzah! After 2 weeks of settling for lesser drops (limited play time so I took what I could get) I finally got my first Gordian Shaft from A4. Just three more times now! :D ... :( At least I got it done early in the week so I can spend the rest of my time trying to get Ninja closer to 60.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011
Foolishly, I thought the large merchant wall for housing was 3 phases, just like all the airship parts were, Completed my 3rd step today and became confused when I didn't get my wall, I thought maybe i was really on the 2nd step instead of 3rd. Nope, turns out that fuckin wall is 12 steps. Going to have to go genocide those granite nodes again, in addition to what looks like about 1000 cobalt ore worth of poo poo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How are DPS levels for DRK and WAR comparing right now? I already have DRK at 60 while WAR's still 50 (and WHM at 52 :suicide:), but those Fell Cleaves look funny as heck. Not so much if they do comparable damage over time anyway, though.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
WAR is a Good job. I've never really played a tank in anything, but I'm having a blast with it.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Should I take up Weaving?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Forward_Bee posted:

No.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Forward_Bee posted:

Crafting is a trap. Especially right now.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

How are DPS levels for DRK and WAR comparing right now? I already have DRK at 60 while WAR's still 50 (and WHM at 52 :suicide:), but those Fell Cleaves look funny as heck. Not so much if they do comparable damage over time anyway, though.

WAR is loads ahead, almost competitive with DPS classes in strength accessories. DRK is maybe a little ahead of Paladin on dps, but with nowhere near the survivability.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They better add in a new Hildibrand questline or I will be forever sad.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Calaveron posted:

They better add in a new Hildibrand questline or I will be forever sad.

God drat this, its the only reason I bought HW.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Hildibrand needs a break. The Doman Adventurer's Guild was was good stuff and I look forward to what they do with it. Especially if 'Revenant Toll turns into a ghost town after all the adventurers gently caress off to Ishgard' is canon.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
I wish they set up relics so that you could continue along that progression path. It would be cool to have 2-3 relevant weapon choices, with one of them being the one you started in 2.0.

Irae
Nov 19, 2011

Forward_Bee posted:

Never not craft.

As soon as you accept the fact that making money through crafting takes time, kind of like everything else in this game, you can take it at a very relaxed pace and still get something out of it.

Crafting has never been only about making the absolute top tier of items. And incidentally, if you try to do that now, it will probably kill you.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
the cool thing about crafting is when you're leveling doing leves and an hq item is way too expensive on the mb then you try to craft that hq item and you figure out how to use your abilities right in the process and you make that hq item then you realize that also you can sell that way too expensive thing yourself so you buy up some mats and make like 3-5 of them then they never sell and get undercut welcome to crafting

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The long, slow revenge of Brooklyn Master and his market cabal.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm out 3 Bladed Steel Jigs trying to catch this god drat catkiller. It would have literally been cheaper to just pay the 140k

gently caress that fish, I ended up just buying it.

Glad I leveled FSH early though! Made a couple million gil selling dragonskin maps over the last few weeks. Shame they've tanked on excal now :rip:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Forward_Bee posted:

You should take it to 50 to be able to repair your own gear with and then drop it.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
The only good way to level crafting is to do them all at the same time. It sounds daunting but its actually easier and more efficient use of time overall. If you focus in just one craft, you'll constantly be needing poo poo from other crafts that you'll just have to buy. Also you can spiritbond gear better, which always sells decently as people need them for overmelding .

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Warrior is a DPS that can function as a main tank. Always Warrior.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Fancy Corndog posted:

the cool thing about crafting is when you're leveling doing leves and an hq item is way too expensive on the mb then you try to craft that hq item and you figure out how to use your abilities right in the process and you make that hq item then you realize that also you can sell that way too expensive thing yourself so you buy up some mats and make like 3-5 of them then they never sell and get undercut welcome to crafting

Shockingly enough, the thing that you think is a. way too expensive to buy, b. only really in demand by someone who could make it themselves, and c. profitable enough to make, is something that other people will also think those exact same things about.

If you're going to try your luck at getting rip-off money from something like that, stick to making 1 at a time. For finished products like that, you rarely want to have multiple copies of anything up for sale. Better to have 1 copy of 3-5 different things than 3-5 copies of 1 thing.

You'll also have better luck making things where the person who wants it might not be able to personally just make it themselves. Especially now since many crafters still don't have all their crafts at 60, you can still make nice money - maybe not the killing of the first few days of launch, but still - by making things from one craft that another craft's desirable leve/selling recipes will use.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Doublestep posted:

the videos they've posted of people in full AF2 with reskins of the current esoterics weapons

saying that they're equivalents of soldiery/poetics weapons doesnt make sense because they don't require raid items to get, they're straight tomestones.

just like zenith upgrades.

You need a savage item to push them up to 210 but I'm willing to bet that the relic line will accept them as antiquated or upgraded and just pop you to 210 because they're being added in 3.1 and thats normally when they nerf upgrade items anyway

which videos? The ones from e3 were literally these exact weapons, no reskin, theyre just the esoterics set. You're delusional if you think square is going to open one of their main grinds with weapons that can be obtained by roulettes for a few weeks.

also, lol "They dont need to be purchaced with a raid item! ....until they need to be upgraded with one but thats damaging to my argument so im gonna bury that at the bottom poo poo poo poo poo poo"

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 24, 2015

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So... I just realized that I'm level 55 and I do not have any of the HW abilities. My dragoon trainer doesn't have a quest, so where do I get them?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Etrips posted:

So... I just realized that I'm level 55 and I do not have any of the HW abilities. My dragoon trainer doesn't have a quest, so where do I get them?

Did you finish the 2.5 quests? The post-50 job quests require you to be on 3.0 proper.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Eight-Six posted:

Warrior is a DPS that can function as a main tank. Always Warrior.

So we were having this discussion that Paladin is still a better offtank due to Goring Blade since it's a full potency attack of 540 (inc. the dot) on the GCD, and then you factor in Sword Oath and the rest of Paladins new toys and they still eke out ahead of WAR. What warrior DOES have now is insane burst damage since you can now nail a three-fell cleave Berserk with a buffed up Fracture before Pacify hits for a poo poo ton of damage, and the ability to stance dance + unchained and berserk makes them a vastly superiour MT in terms of raw DPS. They also have the best self-heal in the game, the ability to put up damage mitigation really quickly, and Storms Path is still more or less unrivaled in progression content due to Reprisal being so god drat awful (and Delerium is worthless if you have a monk)

(At the same time here they are gearing content for DRK, like A1S has tankbusters lined up perfectly for Dark Mind to be up for every one and with Dark Arts that mitigates like 40% of the damage which is the type of mitigation PLD has trouble keeping up with unless they alternate Rampart/Sentinel then Hallowed then Rampart/Sentinel again, I believe? Their rotation for A1S is a lot trickier and tighter.)

In reality the actual outcome here is that DRK just looks even worse. At launch a lot of people saw the Fell Cleave big numbers and freaked out but it's just a lot of frontloaded damage and people weren't really paying attention to what Paladins were doing, especially considering Paladins tend to spec Vit gear a bit more the increase in damage wasn't as noticable until people started playing with the class.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 24, 2015

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

bonewitch posted:

Did you finish the 2.5 quests? The post-50 job quests require you to be on 3.0 proper.

Nope I am still wayyy behind on the main story. Guess I gotta plow through that.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Francis posted:

Hildibrand needs a break. The Doman Adventurer's Guild was was good stuff and I look forward to what they do with it. Especially if 'Revenant Toll turns into a ghost town after all the adventurers gently caress off to Ishgard' is canon.

Despite being filled with horrible racist propaganda, he Doman Adventurer's Guild was a pretty cool quest-line that everyone should do. I hope there is more of it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Rei_ posted:

So we were having this discussion that Paladin is still a better offtank due to Goring Blade since it's a full potency attack of 540 (inc. the dot) on the GCD, and then you factor in Sword Oath and the rest of Paladins new toys and they still eke out ahead of WAR. What warrior DOES have now is insane burst damage since you can now nail a three-fell cleave Berserk with a buffed up Fracture before Pacify hits for a poo poo ton of damage, and the ability to stance dance + unchained and berserk makes them a vastly superiour MT in terms of raw DPS.

I agree with this assessment and in all reality it was like that even back in 2.x provided you could handle the tankbusters and high incoming damage on things like t9 and t13. I would still somewhat argue that WAR brings a bit more to OTing since it can then easily and more sooner flip between Storm's Eye and Storm's Path, giving additional mitigation to the entire party, but if a group understands the importance behind each GCD a PLD/WAR can take then they're probably good enough to where this is splitting hairs.

That being said, Always Warrior.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Absolutely, what kind of loving nerd needs to hide behind a shield? I roll my shoulder and crack my neck and crit-heal for 10k HP

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Clemency is loving amazing.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
that fresh newbie gear smell

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rei_ posted:

So we were having this discussion that Paladin is still a better offtank due to Goring Blade since it's a full potency attack of 540 (inc. the dot) on the GCD, and then you factor in Sword Oath and the rest of Paladins new toys and they still eke out ahead of WAR. What warrior DOES have now is insane burst damage since you can now nail a three-fell cleave Berserk with a buffed up Fracture before Pacify hits for a poo poo ton of damage, and the ability to stance dance + unchained and berserk makes them a vastly superiour MT in terms of raw DPS. They also have the best self-heal in the game, the ability to put up damage mitigation really quickly, and Storms Path is still more or less unrivaled in progression content due to Reprisal being so god drat awful (and Delerium is worthless if you have a monk)

(At the same time here they are gearing content for DRK, like A1S has tankbusters lined up perfectly for Dark Mind to be up for every one and with Dark Arts that mitigates like 40% of the damage which is the type of mitigation PLD has trouble keeping up with unless they alternate Rampart/Sentinel then Hallowed then Rampart/Sentinel again, I believe? Their rotation for A1S is a lot trickier and tighter.)

In reality the actual outcome here is that DRK just looks even worse. At launch a lot of people saw the Fell Cleave big numbers and freaked out but it's just a lot of frontloaded damage and people weren't really paying attention to what Paladins were doing, especially considering Paladins tend to spec Vit gear a bit more the increase in damage wasn't as noticable until people started playing with the class.

DA Dark Mind is 30% magic reduction so it's weaker than Sentinel but it's up every minute.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Etrips posted:

Nope I am still wayyy behind on the main story. Guess I gotta plow through that.

you cant even do any of the drg job quests without access to the heavenward areas even if if the dude had em for you.

That also means youve been grinding n. thanlan to get levels, RIP you.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008
So after tanking for far too many PuGs I've come to the conclusion that....
While people say MCH has crap DPS, and wailing on a dummy for a DPS check is fine, it fails to account for tanking the floor for half the fight OR fighting with full rez sickness.
Meaning DRG still proudly holds the 'Worst DPS" title.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Those DRGs would be just as bad playing any other class. Drg has probably the highest or second highest theoretical damage right now.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I think DRG is still locked in that eternal battle with monk for who has to tunnel hard enough on rotations trying to beat the other one while dying to mechanics

Like MCH and BRDs problem right now is that they are perfectly capable support DPS classes capable of putting out a lot of damage however MCHs skill ceiling starts at the level of loving hotbar-tunnelling focus that Monk ENDS at. And Monks pretty drat high to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So is PvP still a clusterfuck like it was when it first launched or is it actually fun/active/good to play? I'd like to get PvP gear and use the roulette but I recall on PvP match and it was a rather meh affair.

• Locked thread