Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Valatar posted:

Huh, I must be moving around then. It's not something I was really paying attention to, since kinetics can move freely while charging their basic attacks. I'm used to shifting around consistently in a fight, guess I'm gonna need to break that habit for paladining. Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, Paladin is a stick-then-dodge kind of affair. Remember that you're primarily a tank, and the idea is you're going to shield up to absorb the smaller attacks and dodge the big ones.I have the opposite problem when I play other classes-- I stop moving when there isn't a big wad of damage coming in and get nibbled to death by the small attacks.

Basic flow for Paladin is to do damage with (depending on the situation) L-R, L-L-R, and L-L-L-R while cycling Celestial Shield and Aegis of Light to absorb the minor, frequent hits. When your combos eat through your Righteous Anger bar, you'll then either pop Holy Ground to keep going, or L-L-L-L to build your bar back up so you can consume it for combo damage again. And of course, at any given point in time, if a mob is charging for something big, dodge the gently caress outta get.

Particularly when solo, use finishers when available, have a preference for AoE attacks (Charged R, channeled Z, and L-L-L-R) whenever you can (IE: Gather large groups, especially large groups of weak enemies). Notable that for faster soloing/leveling, DPS talents are handy (Shrine Protector, Determination, Rage of Light, and Zeal come to mind here).

YMMV. I'm still learning the tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Lemon King posted:

4th Progression tab has been added to the Atlas Menu in RU.
https://sf.mail.ru/news/1145.html | Google Translate

the last few times i tried to be useful it turned out that the info was either already translated elsewere and better or was irrelevant

someone who pays attention to english news about Skyforge please tell me if i should try to do a summary of this

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

This is all new information, please translate if you can. Also liberatore is Brazilian so if you could also translate into Portugese for him that would be great. HyC may also need a Swahili translation for his Tanzanian contacts.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
please dont make fun of me i am very vulnerable :saddowns:

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

I'm starting to wonder if this game is OK

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Alright, here is the translation of the new info:

Friends!

Relevancy of content for all categories of players and the ability of each of them to influence the game world is currently one of top priorities in Skyforge's development. To achieve this goal, we have already created a system that will allow those who lag behind in character progression to catch up with everyone else, and also implemented, and continue to develop, a new approach to grouping - thanks to this character that differ in Prestige can go through adventures together. Apart from this, there is continuous work being done to increase the importance of every individual player.

Now it is time to tell you about the changes that will happen to one of the most interesting parts of the game - invasions.

As many already know, in the future the invasions will become more massive, and their influence on Aelion - more serious. Therefore, it is important to make it so that fighting the invasion was something not just for the players with high Prestige, but also for the people who started to play the game recently. We plan on making it so that all players could participate in beating back the invasions and to allow everyone to feel that they are contributing to the greater, shared goal. This does not mean that the currently available Invasion content will become accessible for all players, but those who did not receive their God form yet will now have their own invasion-related activities.

The new additions to the invasion system are separated in several stages. Today we will tell you about the first two. First stage - invasion rating, that will start working with the beginning of the incoming Phytonide invasion, second - special "operations" functionality, that will be implemented with one of the invasions in the future.

Please remember that the terms used in this article are a work in progress, and will probably be changed.

Invasion rating.

Invasion rating is a progress bar in the invasion interface on the global view of the world. Here the player can track their success in fighting the aliens.

Together with the rating the game will have 2 new currencies - symbols of the invasion army and sparks of the invasion army. Example: Phytonide symbols, Phytonide sparks.

Army symbols are a type of progress points. Amassing them, the player will reach higher thresholds in the rating and receive invasion sparks - the currency that is needed to unlock the nodes in the new atlas.

When the character collects 5 000 army symbols, they will get an item for unlocking the invasion army atlas and a hundred of the appropriate sparks. In the unlocked atlas they will be able to research stats and skills that are, for the most part, aimed at fighting this specific army.

But how to collect the symbols to get the sparks and learn the new skills? From now on during the invasions all adventures that are populated by the enemy type that is represented by the invading army (for Phytonides those are Daren dacility and Alakur island) will have a new status - it can be spotted by a special marker, and all characters with more than 800 prestige will be able to enter those adventures. Beating those adventures, and also the adventures of the invasion itself, will award the players with invasion army symbols.

More symbols can be gotten from doing the optional tasks. The higher your score at the end of the adventure, the further your character will advance in invasion rating. For example, an S rank clear of Alakur island can give 2800 symbols of the Phytonide army.

During one invasion a character can get up to 1 000 000 invasion symbols and 3 000 invasion sparks.

In developement: Operations

There are eight types of operations. The player is included into the first of them after they beat their first invasion army adventure. Each operation consists of 40 players, who must work together to reach a common goal. To do that, the participants will have to complete invasion adventures.

Additionally, each participant will have their own, individual goal - to get a certain amount of symbols. Both the operation goal and the individual goal, when reached, will give the participants rewards.

A rating of 40 players who are in the same operation and are earning army symbols will be formed. At the end of the day the top 10 players in this rating will move on to the next operation, where they will get new task that yield even higher rewards. Those who did not make it to the top 10 will start the new day in another stage 1 operation.

Each operation goes for 24 hours, and starts and ends at fixed time. The most hardworking players will be able to reach the last, eight operation and get special rewards for that.

This is all for now. Good luck with fighting the invaders!

Bruc
May 30, 2006
How do you PvP in this game? is it prestiege locked or am I just missing an area to go to queue for it?.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Bruc posted:

How do you PvP in this game? is it prestiege locked or am I just missing an area to go to queue for it?.
Yes and yes. The pvp arenas appear on the world map like any other mission. The first one you can do is called Lugran Research Base and it's a 6-person free for all where you run around and try to get your execute off before anyone else does. It unlocks around 2000ish prestige I think?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
If i'm reading that right, it's not a fourth bar, it's another atlas for every single enemy type. Too many atlases!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Wolpertinger posted:

If i'm reading that right, it's not a fourth bar, it's another atlas for every single enemy type. Too many atlases!

a fourth bar for invasions and an atlas for every single enemy type :eng101:

clearly in a few years we'll be progressing through an atlas in which every single node is, too, an atlas

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The FFA PvP mode in this game is one of the most aggressively uninteresting I've seen in a long while.

Normally you can still get some mileage out of lovely PvP by abusing gimmick builds and classes, but I couldn't even squeeze that out of Skyforge.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
FFA is awful, but you can do that. See 1-shot Paladins/Cryomancers or anything Slayer does.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
14 days free premium

http://skyforge.game-guide.fr/codes-skyforge

Sign up at the bottom of the keys, create account, confirm account on email, go back and get your code

Go your Skyforge profile, redeem code. 14 Days, 10k celestial threads and 1 hour space tractor license

Edit: all gone, welp

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 24, 2015

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
What sort of pings do my fellow european goons get on NA usually? Last night when I gave it a whirl was not a "usual" night I take it?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Martout posted:

What sort of pings do my fellow european goons get on NA usually? Last night when I gave it a whirl was not a "usual" night I take it?

Like 1xx it's playable, only thing that lags is you dying you'll jitter a bit when you actually hit 0

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Stormgale posted:

Like 1xx it's playable, only thing that lags is you dying you'll jitter a bit when you actually hit 0

I will come to NA and give you all my internet funbux in memory of our failed foray into ArcheAge, Stormy.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Martout posted:

I will come to NA and give you all my internet funbux in memory of our failed foray into ArcheAge, Stormy.

Nah

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Around or just below 200 which sounds high but is perfectly playable for some reason.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Servers just went down for maintenance they are going to be adding additional server support is what the message said before my game crashed. The downtime is for 3 hours.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
that's nice, i hope it works

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I keep pretty exclusive company in my hall of greatness.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There isn't all that much you can do wrong at the point where you're actually installing new servers. We should discuss fishing pacts though just in case they Trion it up.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

There isn't all that much you can do wrong at the point where you're actually installing new servers. We should discuss fishing pacts though just in case they Trion it up.

what if the building explodes

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

also these people have their own awful cash shop mmo no need to compare them to trion

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I've never played that though and Trion is kind of the nuclear option when it comes to terrible game design and decisions.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
people seem to like Trove and Defiance is good too IMO

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
they did the trion thing and ruined Defiance but then they fixed it to be good again

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/store/

Yeah that seems completely not terrible to me.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

http://www.gamer-network.fr/actualites/95571-concours-skyforge-remportez-5-000-cles-pour-un-pack-premium

Free stuff

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."

Thanks for this! I missed the previous giveaway and got a code about 5 minutes after entering this one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do those keys stack with existing premium?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Thanks, got a key.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Aphrodite posted:

Do those keys stack with existing premium?

I can't actually verify it because the server is still down but I would assume so because the other packs did stack and hey it's free stuff either way.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/store/

Yeah that seems completely not terrible to me.

looks ok to me

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

remember that terrible reddit guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3eg4fs/my_guide_might_be_substantially_wrong/

lol

its the russians fault!!!!

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

I got a key from this, but where the hell do you actually apply this key?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

blueberrysmith posted:

I got a key from this, but where the hell do you actually apply this key?

http://sf.my.com/us/user

Redeem a Promo Code

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
So as someone who thinks this sounds pretty cool but is only really interested in either alchemist or necromancer what would be the best way to go about unlocking one of those classes quickly while staying ftp?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Play the game and don't spend your colored sparks on things not on the way to your chosen class as soon as you don't have to anymore. Be aware that you will have to stick with one of the base classes for at least two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Dammit Russia. More servers are good but I just wanted to play your bad game on my morning off. D:

I just started and I've been working my way through the Paladin atlas. I'm assuming once I complete that (or reach a certain point) the rest of the atlas opens up and I can work toward other classes?

• Locked thread