Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

curiousCat posted:

Swain is in a good spot protip

i have never won lane vs a swain in the entire time i have played league of legends, gently caress that guy

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The best part of Swain is that if you get ahead you can just turn into a bird, stand in the middle of the other team, and laugh as they fail to kill you.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
A lot of goons don't live in the US to go on silversquid though

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The thing I love about Swain is that there are like 50 good items on him. There's no direct, obvious path with stuff to buy like with many other characters.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
If I was a Fiora main, I'd probably just give up and switch to someone else because god drat that's a loving awful rework

Like, I can honestly us looking back and being like "lol they almost released that as her ult"

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I like swain but man he is hard to farm with later in the game

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Gibberish posted:

If I was a Fiora main, I'd probably just give up and switch to someone else because god drat that's a loving awful rework

Like, I can honestly us looking back and being like "lol they almost released that as her ult"

i've started playing yasuo top instead because i don't care about winning anyway

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Holy poo poo Elise

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Gibberish posted:

Yeah, unless the heal is extremely strong and you just use it to snipe someone who is about to die (you are not gonna be able to get all four procs in a 5 v 5, seriously) I'm not sure how thats supposed to work post lane.

Honestly I feel like they just turned her from melee adc into a tank. She has CC now, true damage procs, and a mobile kit with less burst damage, so yeah, she'd might be a decent tank with the right numbers.

Laning will probably be fun though.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 24, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

What did they actually DO to her? :aaa:

I'll admit it, I used to be an Elise main. I love me some spider-queen. Gonna have to get on this train while it lasts.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

mistaya posted:

I'll admit it, I used to be an Elise main. I love me some spider-queen. Gonna have to get on this train while it lasts.

I haven't played her yet - but the buff on her base e to a 1.6 second stun (vs. 1) means she can max Q first without giving up any utility early. I've probably played 300 games on her ever since someone in this thread posted a bunch of teaching videos on her to learn to jungle.

Looking at champion.gg it says her most frequent win skill order max's W first. I'm assuming this is because so many bronze players are playing her and maxing Q first (dragging that win rate down) vs. W legitimately being better. Is this true?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Gibberish posted:

GOOD

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
if i had to guess, W is probably her fastest jungle clearing speed now that her spiderlings do full damage to jungle monsters

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

mistaya posted:

Spiders now doing magic damage is a big one as well as it synergises with the poo poo you build, the stun buff was lovely too. Elise is gud nao and I likey, plus she rewards the players actually being good.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Stun buff from 1 second to 1.6 is pretty massive. It's harder to hit now than it was before! I guess!

I never knew the spiderlings didn't do magic damage, that's really cool. Elise is almost a perfect jungler, apart from a lack of proper initiation. She has strong ganks, a lot of options for builds, good objective control with % damage and spiderlings to attack turrets, good farming, does magic damage. I'm really excited to play her again

flyingkiwi fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 24, 2015

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

if i had to guess, W is probably her fastest jungle clearing speed now that her spiderlings do full damage to jungle monsters

I forgot the spiderling damage got changed. I'll have to try W today.

I think that's why Elise has these crazy swings all the time. One innocuous change (full spider damage) can be an awesome buff on any other patch (spiders now do magic damage).

Time to get in before they hit her with the newspaper again

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Libertine posted:

Every game I was in tonight had a Jungle Elise and they all did really well. I think that poo poo is back, probably competitive back in almost every game back. Will wait to see how it shakes out when the numbers drop, but my early inclination is that she must be rising really high.

Other than what you guys already said. I think there's an enormous population of people who have played a bazillion games of Elise. There's a lot of inherent experience across the playerbase. So when she gets a buff of this magnitude (quite considerable), it's exploited immediately by tons of people to produce the above results. This is why Lee Sin can never be buffed again.

Flipswitch posted:

Elise is gud nao and I likey, plus she rewards the players actually being good.

It's true, Elise is one of the skill champions. Most champions only reward stupid idiots.

oxidation
May 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

I think there's an enormous population of people who have played a bazillion games of Elise. There's a lot of inherent experience across the playerbase. So when she gets a buff of this magnitude (quite considerable), it's exploited immediately by tons of people to produce the above results. This is why Lee Sin can never be buffed again.

You can see this in the Playerbase Experience Distribution graph on champion.gg. More than half the people that play her have 15+ games of ranked on her, and 13% have 125+ games (Not as high as the Zeds and the Jinxes out there, but fairly high.)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm a stupid idiot and I play stupid idiot champs so I can confirm that last statement as well.

I really don't like the fact they buffed Tahm Kench. I know it's the Riot Maneuver when something doesn't immediately rock onto the scene it needs more buffs but I really, really think he didn't need it. Did they ever get around to saying what lane he was meant to be in?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

oxidation posted:

You can see this in the Playerbase Experience Distribution graph on champion.gg. More than half the people that play her have 15+ games of ranked on her, and 13% have 125+ games (Not as high as the Zeds and the Jinxes out there, but fairly high.)

I know, but in this case I think it's more relevant to S3 and S4 experience which isn't indicated on that graph. Elise is the S3 Victorious skin and she was like the most dominant competitive champion forever. She had a 100% pick/ban in the entirety of OGN Champion Winter 2013-14 regardless of who was playing that's how good she was. She's been awful for almost all of 2015, one of the lowest win-rate junglers in the entire game. Anyone having a lot of S5 games on her considering how weak she has been would just strike me as really weird.

What I meant was that there are a lot of people who played her every game she was available in S3 and S4 and those people haven't gone away, now that she's strong again they will probably pick her again every time she is available.

Flipswitch posted:

I really don't like the fact they buffed Tahm Kench. I know it's the Riot Maneuver when something doesn't immediately rock onto the scene it needs more buffs but I really, really think he didn't need it. Did they ever get around to saying what lane he was meant to be in?

He desperately needed buffs.

rafq
Jul 12, 2006
Just in case anyone doubted that the nerfs would dumpster Ryze, he's now sporting a 42.6% winrate top and a sick 36.3% mid.

Truly The Greatest Patch

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

I'm a stupid idiot and I play stupid idiot champs so I can confirm that last statement as well.

He was worse then release bard and needed a buff, he will still remain poo poo after that buff.

rafq posted:

Just in case anyone doubted that the nerfs would dumpster Ryze, he's now sporting a 42.6% winrate top and a sick 36.3% mid.

Truly The Greatest Patch
Every single time they try to work on Ryze they give up and gut his Q damage to dumpster him.
Every single time.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
For the Graves icon do you need 20 kills in 1 game? As a jungle/support main, whyyyy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

For the Graves icon do you need 20 kills in 1 game? As a jungle/support main, whyyyy.

Not in one game. Over as many games as you need. Same for the other challenges; the second Graves challenge has 500 minion kills, among other things. I highly doubt they expect you to get them all done in one game (though I did manage 16/20 in a single game for my first Graves challenge).

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

Not in one game. Over as many games as you need. Same for the other challenges; the second Graves challenge has 500 minion kills, among other things. I highly doubt they expect you to get them all done in one game (though I did manage 16/20 in a single game for my first Graves challenge).

Mines still at 0. Does aram not count then?

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

ARAM counts, but sometimes it takes a while to load. Also you have to do the challenges in order.

oxidation
May 22, 2011

I did TF and not graves, but if the 20 kills is the second part of the quest, you need to do the first part.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

As people have said, after you complete the first challenge, then you can work on the second. So at minimum you'll need to take two games to do it. Probably will require more though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there anyone besides Ryze where they have routinely taken off 40 damage from a <4 second cooldown spell?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I did. I won an aram as j4 then played another one today as Annie and got like 6 kills and 20 assists and its at 0/20

rafq
Jul 12, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is there anyone besides Ryze where they have routinely taken off 40 damage from a <4 second cooldown spell?

Closest I can think of is Eve Q:

MAGIC DAMAGE 40/60/80/100/120 ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90

DAMAGE 30/45/60/75/90 ⇒ 40/55/70/85/100

DAMAGE 40/55/70/85/100 ⇒ 40/50/60/70/80

The changes make sense when you look at the changes in itemization, but they look pretty funny out of context

rafq fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 24, 2015

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rafq posted:

Truly The Greatest Patch

league of legends design philosophy is just "gently caress you ryze"

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

pog boyfriend posted:

league of legends design philosophy is just "gently caress you ryze"

Who will Ryze?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Wait none of the games i've played today are in my match history

thats why its not counting

the gently caress?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
welcome to the twilight zone

fnox
May 19, 2013

the fluff pieces for the Bilgewater event are actually pretty decent. I wasn't expecting literary genius anyway, but the rewritten lore actually adds interactions between the Bilgewater characters and portrays their personalities better, even if it still doesn't loving explain why Graves hates TF.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fnox posted:

the fluff pieces for the Bilgewater event are actually pretty decent. I wasn't expecting literary genius anyway, but the rewritten lore actually adds interactions between the Bilgewater characters and portrays their personalities better, even if it still doesn't loving explain why Graves hates TF.

twisted fate had anal sex with graves fiancee and she dumped him for tf but then tf dumped her and she moved to seattle

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

twisted fate had anal sex with graves fiancee and she dumped him for tf but then tf dumped her and she moved to seattle

High Noon Twisted Fate always has a backdoor escape planned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

fnox posted:

A job went south, Graves got captured and tortured for years, and TF got away. What exactly happened on the job isn't clear, but Graves is convinced TF sold him out. I also remember reading somewhere that what happened was that TF did actually sell Graves out, and his payment was to get in on the experiment that wound up giving him the ability to use magic.

• Locked thread