Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Almost over. This has been a terrible weekend. I've been guarding an empty parking lot in the middle of a hot tropical storm for three days.

But the neat things you guys said kept me going. Thanks. I love entertaining folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Speedball posted:

Almost over. This has been a terrible weekend. I've been guarding an empty parking lot in the middle of a hot tropical storm for three days.

But the neat things you guys said kept me going. Thanks. I love entertaining folks.

Security work, eh? I did that for a bunch of years. Takes a certain type of person, really. I always liked the solitude. I've got some good memories from that job; sitting in a prefab shelter, at 3 am, in the middle of summer thunderstorm, playing Morrowind for the first time on my laptop because it's a Sunday morning on a holiday weekend and no one is going to be coming in, to check on me or drop off a trailer or what have you.

But yeah, if you've just been stuck in a car or something that can be pretty frigging awful. At least it's warm, I've been stuck in a car, in a parking lot, in the dead of winter, across the street from a football stadium before, during, and after a game. Yuck.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Speedball posted:

Glad to hear that our attempts to keep your morale up are working. As has been said before, we're here for you man. If you ever need people to complain too or ask for reassurance or whatever, we'll be hear.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RickVoid posted:

Security work, eh? I did that for a bunch of years. Takes a certain type of person, really. I always liked the solitude. I've got some good memories from that job; sitting in a prefab shelter, at 3 am, in the middle of summer thunderstorm, playing Morrowind for the first time on my laptop because it's a Sunday morning on a holiday weekend and no one is going to be coming in, to check on me or drop off a trailer or what have you.

DS or 3DS, yeah. It's not a full-time thing but it helps make ends meet.

Could be worse.

Could have this guy as my boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFu42uvomg

REGARDING XCOM: Working on next update. Will require a lot of screenshots, I think. We'll see.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Speedball posted:

Smoke the weed and reap the whirlwind. tkae your shirt off

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Chard posted:

Smoke the weed and reap the whirlwind. tkae your shirt off

I'm pretty sure that's not conducive to keeping his job, regardless of how fun it sounds. And I'm fairly certain he wants to keep his job, since money is important.
[/buzzkill]

Seriously though Speedball, make sure you don't die of boredom, and stay sane. Although, failing at that last part would probably produce some interesting results...

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Well clearly it had to be guarded against communism and turrism. You made America proud by being a deterrent.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

That said, any hints on who's going to step up and Volunteer?

Well, it's probably someone who's psychic. That'll narrow it down.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yup, still working on update... stuff happens...

But first, an informal poll regarding what you all would like to see during a future LP I have planned.

What do you eat?

1. Vegetables! They help you grow!

2. FRESH MEAT. I can't even look at something made of meat and not drool.

3. Painfully hot peppers, with a scalding hot coffee chaser.

4. Metal.

5. A lavish banquet with fine spices bought from an exotic bazaar.

6. Something expensive. I practically eat money.

7. Mostly, I get my meals from the local religious sanctuary.

8. Doesn't matter what I eat, as long as I eat with my friends! Though I am fond of freshwater fish...

Speedball fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 24, 2015

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Speedball posted:

What do you eat?

8. Doesn't matter what I eat, as long as I eat with my friends!

This looks about right.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I think I know what this is for and what the choices match up to.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I don't, so Metal :black101:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
METAL. :black101:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Speedball posted:

What do you eat?

8. Doesn't matter what I eat, as long as I eat with my friends! Though I am fond of freshwater fish...

Don't really drink coffee, but aside from that this is fairly accurate.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Speedball posted:

What do you eat?

This is the only true set of answers and you dumdums know it :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
8. Doesn't matter what I eat, as long as I eat with my friends! :shobon:

I have no idea what this is a lead up to

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Speedball posted:

Yup, still working on update... stuff happens...

But first, an informal poll regarding what you all would like to see during a future LP I have planned.

What do you eat?

4. Metal.

I've never played Necrophage so I'd like to see how that goes. My favorite to play as is probably Broken Lords though.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
4. Metal!

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Speedball posted:

What do you eat?

I hear that a diet rich in metal iron is good for you.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Metal. :black101::hf::rock:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Speedball posted:

What do you eat?
I'm going to go with this, since everyone is going metal already and it seems like another weird choice.
Looking forward to seeing what this is all about.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Eh screw it, METAL.:rock:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

I say good food is the essence that binds our civilizations together. Perhaps, as some believe, it is a weakness, but I have tasted their wonders and I say that fine food rules the world!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

The peppers tempted me, but I love trying new things, and spices are the best.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Oh it's that game :unsmigghh:

In that case I eat from my religious samctuary , oh yes.

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013

No idea what game we're voting for so I just went with my gut.

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Whadda ya MEAN ya never heard of Dan Brereton?
Hey guys, been reading this thread for a while, but I found it late and didn't wanna comment until I was caught up. For personal feelings on it, I'd say that I'm sad that I didn't find out about this until recently because I friggin LOVE Speedball's stuff. Also, I cannot WAIT for the big reveal of the Commander, because while I've been fairly certain that he's Asaru, the Ethereal controlling Carter since I finished watching the Bureau LP right before I discovered this LP, I know Speedball too well to think that that's all that there is to it.

Also, I wanted to say, "6" but since it doesn't seem to be winning... 4. Metal

That's the Vaulters, right?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Tomn posted:

I say good food is the essence that binds our civilizations together. Perhaps, as some believe, it is a weakness, but I have tasted their wonders and I say that fine food rules the world!

I'm going to agree with this. Food and friends go hand in hand, and when I'm entertaining friends I for one am happy to spend money on the finest food I can get.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
There's just a certain crunch to metal, ya know?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I wanted to try and find an animated GIF of the Iron Giant from the eponymous movie eating a car, made out of Metal, but I couldn't find one... so I just used an Image instead.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I tend to gnaw on some metals, and sometimes I just really throw money into stocking my food, but I would love to know how some people deal with spicy peppers and bitter coffee.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

AccidentalHipster posted:

Hey guys, been reading this thread for a while, but I found it late and didn't wanna comment until I was caught up. For personal feelings on it, I'd say that I'm sad that I didn't find out about this until recently because I friggin LOVE Speedball's stuff. Also, I cannot WAIT for the big reveal of the Commander, because while I've been fairly certain that he's Asaru, the Ethereal controlling Carter since I finished watching the Bureau LP right before I discovered this LP, I know Speedball too well to think that that's all that there is to it.

Also, I wanted to say, "6" but since it doesn't seem to be winning... 4. Metal

That's the Vaulters, right?

Aww, thanks. Jesus, how many people are still only now discovering this thread? Haha.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I eat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKyNTwD3Yk

Here's a tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmqYmgTDDRU

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 24, 2015

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

poo poo. They're adding another faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQxwaODOOc

Uhhhh... uh....

quote:

9. I dine and dash!

There!

Ah. This is why you never LP a game until you're sure ALL its expansions are out. Haha. Amplitude are workaholics, man.

Anyway: It looks like most of you voted Metal so Vaulters it is for the first round of the Endless Legend LP when we get to it in a few months (I'm hoping to finish this one before XCOM 2 comes out, haha). Vaulters do, in fact, eat metal! Or at least, expend huge quantities of titanium on who-knows-what when they decide it's the metal they worship this month. After them, I'll probably show off the more mechanically distinct factions, not all of them (who has the time?) so that would be... Broken Lords, Roving Clans, Necrophages and Cultists. Guys Who Eat Money To Reproduce, Guys Who Can Buy Late-Game Luxuries From The Start, Guys Who Can't Eat Plants But Love To Eat People (seriously, they need to kill enemies to make food stockpiles and/or subdue barbarian monster villages to increase food yields because their normal food from the ground sucks) and Guys Who Brainwash Villagers Into Giving Them Their Food.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 25, 2015

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Whadda ya MEAN ya never heard of Dan Brereton?

Speedball posted:

poo poo. They're adding another faction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFQxwaODOOc

Uhhhh... uh....

There!

Ah. This is why you never LP a game until you're sure ALL its expansions are out. Haha. Amplitude are workaholics, man.

Anyway: It looks like most of you voted Metal so Vaulters it is for the first round of the Endless Legend LP when we get to it in a few months (I'm hoping to finish this one before XCOM 2 comes out, haha). Vaulters do, in fact, eat metal! Or at least, expend huge quantities of titanium on who-knows-what when they decide it's the metal they worship this month. After them, I'll probably show off the more mechanically distinct factions, not all of them (who has the time?) so that would be... Broken Lords, Roving Clans, Necrophages and Cultists. Guys Who Eat Money To Reproduce, Guys Who Can Buy Late-Game Luxuries From The Start, Guys Who Can't Eat Plants But Love To Eat People (seriously, they need to kill enemies to make food stockpiles and/or subdue barbarian monster villages to increase food yields because their normal food from the ground sucks) and Guys Who Brainwash Villagers Into Giving Them Their Food.

Glad the Vaulters won (they're my 2nd favorite faction after the Broken Lords), and I'm happy to see you'll be at least be showcasing the Broken Lords. I kinda wish you'd do a narrative LP of it, but I understand how hard that can be with the loose lore of EL.

Also, am I the only person who cares more if Shadows will add proper multiplayer features like hotseat and teams than what the new faction does? Like how Guardians added Wonders.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Neat thing about the Vaulters is that they're more than just Smarty Smart Smart Guys Who Research Fast. All the stuff that has to do with them teleporting around, using their Holy Resource as weaponry and the ability to shield themselves from winter is really neat. In a lot of 4x games the Research Stuff Good factions are either good at nothing else or have significant penalties to turn them into weakling nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Due to my limited experience in "4X games I've actually beaten/gotten close to winning a game", my default reaction to "Research Stuff Goods faction" is-

*Cease Fire's with Liir*
Now to try and capture this other faction's world without turbo murdering their population-
*Liir mutagenic plague bombs the gently caress out of everything*
:sigh:

*Liir kamikaze into defense satellite, declare us enemies for life*
Get hosed, Liir :argh:

• Locked thread