Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

dex_sda posted:

GN4 is unique in that because of the smurfs, it's not pleasant to play more at all. At GN3 they are rare, and at MG1 they are rare. They're all shitpiled in GN4, I don't know why. Anyway it's annoying because even if you improve quick it's still 15-20 almost universally terrible games

even still, what rank would you say they're smurfing from? it sounds like AKs? it cant be high. thats my point i guess. i doubt anyone many levels above GN4 would hit that in placement, ever, unless they're throwing

maybe im underestimating the jumps in skill between ranks i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm MG1 and I literally can't remember the last time I played someone and knew they were smurfing.

The only times I can even remember getting poo poo on has always been due to stuff like no one else on the team having in-game comms. I'm not saying smurfing doesn't happen but at the end of the day it's a nerd sitting at a computer just like me. If I'm losing to him I'll eventually get better for it.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
then again theres people stuck in ak ranks with several hundred games played so

:smithicide:

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 24, 2015

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

if this isnt a troll post - get better aim and positioning.

that last bit you posted is actually really important. keep working on that. basically you want to limit enemy LOS to you when taking fights or holding spots where you're vulnerable from multiple directions, just be mindful of that. try to peek and clear things sequentially too. you dont need go to swat4 24/7 but eventually youll intuit when you can just Go and when you need to be careful about it

Not a troll post. Trying to get better so that I am not the reason a game is lost.

Jellidelic posted:

except for 'play better' there really isn't much you can do. When you're playing at a level where people aren't going to miss given shots like an idiot, the only real option is to have somebody else kill the dude who just headshotted you while he was exposed. If you've ever watched a pro game you might hear the commentators say things like 'trade' or 'refrag.' That's what they're talking about.

Ah that makes sense now! I will call out my location where I die and how many are there, which usually results in my team coming in and avenging my death.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
or they traipse in one by one and all die \o/

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Or?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

even still, what rank would you say they're smurfing from? it sounds like AKs? it cant be high. thats my point i guess. i doubt anyone many levels above GN4 would hit that in placement, ever, unless they're throwing

maybe im underestimating the jumps in skill between ranks i dunno

I've ranked up pretty quickly from GN4 to MGE and I'd say the smurfs in GN4 are MG1-MG2's who are too poo poo to actually get to MGE/DMG/above so they tryhard when smurfing in GN4 to grow their e-peen.

I'm sure someone better than me views the skill jumps as small but honestly GN4-MG1 is the exact point where you need to stop making mistakes and concentrate on improving your game so it's a relatively big jump. Lots of people in the distribution apparently used for ranks around those ranks, too. When I deranked to GN4 after hitting unlucky teams 4 times in a row, I pretty much shitstomped the people there and ranked back up in 2 matches.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 24, 2015

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
if you have even half decent aim and movement skills you will make it to DMG-LE. if you can use grenades you will make it to LEM++

if, in addition to whats listed above, you can play middle on CT every game and rotate to the correct site quickly you will make SMFC/GE. i solo'd to GE, and i'm not even that good at cs. i have 11rws on ESEA right now, which is just BARELY out of 'lovely' status for ESEA.

just work on your aim and movement until you're DMG/LE. i'm serious. if you aren't getting 75-80++/100 on the friberg aim target thing, keep doing it. if you aren't going 2-3:1 KDA in FFA deathmatch servers, keep playing them. i have made this exact post so many times its getting tiring. the game mechanics are dead simple if you take the time to learn them.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
If you smurf and your justification to people who get frustrated by you is "you should use this as a chance to get better," you're pretty much the biggest idiot because if you actually gave a poo poo about personal improvement, you'd play at your own rank and eat your 50/50 games instead of wading into the shallow end and dunking on the kids with their floaties on while screaming about how you're Michael Phelps bitch

Squashing Machine fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 24, 2015

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Giga white. Suck everyone here's collective dick, quit the game, die.

lol

Alighieri posted:

Why would anyone want to post in fyad?

because its good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - suck everyone's dick, quit the game, die

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
A MG2 "smurf" might poo poo all over Nova 4s even if the skill gap isn't huge because he'll be so confident and relaxed.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Fixit posted:

Ah that makes sense now! I will call out my location where I die and how many are there, which usually results in my team coming in and avenging my death.

What I was talking about takes place in a time frame in which calling wouldn't be necessary/practical. Like your teammate killing him almost before your ragdoll is over.
And again that's like endgame stuff, a few other people had better responses.

E:

Awesome Welles posted:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - suck everyone's dick, quit the game, die

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

no_funeral posted:

if you have even half decent aim and movement skills you will make it to DMG-LE. if you can use grenades you will make it to LEM++

if, in addition to whats listed above, you can play middle on CT every game and rotate to the correct site quickly you will make SMFC/GE. i solo'd to GE, and i'm not even that good at cs. i have 11rws on ESEA right now, which is just BARELY out of 'lovely' status for ESEA.

just work on your aim and movement until you're DMG/LE. i'm serious. if you aren't getting 75-80++/100 on the friberg aim target thing, keep doing it. if you aren't going 2-3:1 KDA in FFA deathmatch servers, keep playing them. i have made this exact post so many times its getting tiring. the game mechanics are dead simple if you take the time to learn them.

Uh oh I don't think I could even get 75+ on that aim training map. I can't get headshots so I try to stick with the AWP lol...

Ephedra fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 24, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
once i get 144 hz working and don't lag out when smoke grenades are on screen I am going to catapult into Ultra Slug rank and don't any of you motherfuckers think otherwise

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Speaking as somebody who smurfed with a friend a whole bunch, I do think smurfing is a problem, but there's no really reasonable way of preventing it totally.

I think it would be a lot better if Casual mode was made into a competitive-lite kiddy pool instead of the waste of time it currently is.

It's sort of a crock of poo poo to talk about it like it's a learning experience. You get better fastest by playing those better than you sure, but better than you on a level you can comprehend. Globals descending into Nova ranks is just a wolf among sheep if they are playing seriously. And what's the point of losing 2-16 and watching the demo? Might as well save the effort and download a pro POV if you care enough.

Play with friends, care less about winning, and it's fine. Don't bother treating MM like the "real" CS experience, because it's totally not. Hit up a goonman, alternative gather service, whatever the gently caress. Better balance, better vibes, better servers.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think Church's post is reasonable if you take it as a "...and you're primarily a rifler", Ephedra. Awping is a different skillset, I think, because most awpers are poop at rifling and vice versa in my experience.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Ephedra posted:

Uh oh I don't think I could even get 75+ on that aim training map. I can't get headshots so I try to stick with the AWP lol...

so what do you do on pistol/eco/anti-eco rounds? are you just useless when you don't have an awp?

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

no_funeral posted:

so what do you do on pistol/eco/anti-eco rounds? are you just useless when you don't have an awp?

I think you have played with me enough to know.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

no_funeral posted:

are you just useless when you don't have an awp?

Even then....

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I've never smurfed and lol if you waste your time doing that. If you want to gently caress around just gently caress around and derank. If you're good you can get it back in an afternoon instead of grinding casual mode on a new account

Also, it's dead simple to cut smurfing in half if not more. Just require 50 or even 100 wins before you get put in the ranked pool. Queuing for competitive before you reach this mark just puts you in the new casual unranked 5v5 with the comp ruleset. Since it's not ranked you can easily put in anti smurfing measures that look at k:d and catapult those people into a higher 'unranked elo' so they are out of the kiddy pool within 3 games at most, so you basically pay 15$ to smurf 3 games. People who have been playing a long time and are in the regular ranked play are far away from any smurfs.. You'd have to actually try to derank, which cuts out all but the most dedicated weirdos

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
anyone try this ? https://popflash.site/

seems to be going well in eu.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

mcvey posted:

Even then....

Rude. Who do you think I am churchill?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

bpower posted:

anyone try this ? https://popflash.site/

seems to be going well in eu.

Might as well play FACEIT instead.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

Might as well play FACEIT instead.

I think the big draw is you need 150 wins in MM to play.

edit: Im curious what kind of games that would result in.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Sometimes I wish you couldn't select which specific maps you want to play. I'm trynna climb back up in rank after taking basically a year off and I just played a dmg game with a guy who'd never been on mirage before. Also I could have d2 in my pool without an overwhelming chance that it'd be the map that pops.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Thats a bloody awful idea mate.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Ephedra posted:

You smurf enough to be compared to a war criminal

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Whenever I smurf it's usually with friends who are a lot lower. I'll restrict my weapon purchases to typically just pistols/smg's and give them tips when dead. Only time I will go for an AWP/Rifle is if there is a smurf on the other team and I just aim to take them out. Then again I am really bad at this game a lot of the time.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Alighieri posted:

Whenever I smurf it's usually with friends who are a lot lower. I'll restrict my weapon purchases to typically just pistols/smg's and give them tips when dead. Only time I will go for an AWP/Rifle is if there is a smurf on the other team and I just aim to take them out. Then again I am really bad at this game a lot of the time.

My current smurf is limited to usp/glock.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Ephedra posted:

My current smurf is limited to usp/glock.

I should probably do this as well since I have been messing up pistol rounds a lot recently.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I've never smurfed and lol if you waste your time doing that. If you want to gently caress around just gently caress around and derank. If you're good you can get it back in an afternoon instead of grinding casual mode on a new account

Also, it's dead simple to cut smurfing in half if not more. Just require 50 or even 100 wins before you get put in the ranked pool. Queuing for competitive before you reach this mark just puts you in the new casual unranked 5v5 with the comp ruleset. Since it's not ranked you can easily put in anti smurfing measures that look at k:d and catapult those people into a higher 'unranked elo' so they are out of the kiddy pool within 3 games at most, so you basically pay 15$ to smurf 3 games. People who have been playing a long time and are in the regular ranked play are far away from any smurfs.. You'd have to actually try to derank, which cuts out all but the most dedicated weirdos

first part of your post was okay but the second part was bad just thought i'd give you my feedback

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

bpower posted:

I think the big draw is you need 150 wins in MM to play.

This is a really good thing. While faceit can be okay, you can also meet (and worse, team up with) people who have like 20 actual non-smurfing hours played.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Jeza posted:

You get better fastest by playing those better than you sure, but better than you on a level you can comprehend. Globals descending into Nova ranks is just a wolf among sheep if they are playing seriously. And what's the point of losing 2-16 and watching the demo? Might as well save the effort and download a pro POV if you care enough.

i agree with the first part, which is why i said (re: improving against smurfs)

unless there's a massive difference in play to the point where you lack the basic tools to examine what's happening then Yes, literally think and you will learn

and

. i doubt anyone many levels above GN4 would hit that in placement, ever, unless they're throwing

how would anyone at that level stay gn4 if theyre trying (and not throwing) at all? how many globals or even eagles are just lurking in low ranks? lol

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

afkmacro posted:

first part of your post was okay but the second part was bad just thought i'd give you my feedback

you were very generous thank you

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Ephedra posted:

umm you quoted mister mic vay??? anyway i think you are a good awper. 'ephedra good but not best' etc. best goonman awper is probably garfu IMO, but he can also rifle.. so...

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
k1ng gets 'runner up' since hes a little bitch & i wanna gently caress him rear end

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

no_funeral posted:

umm you quoted mister mic vay??? anyway i think you are a good awper. 'ephedra good but not best' etc. best goonman awper is probably garfu IMO, but he can also rifle.. so...

Nah I'm not the best. I Never said I thought I was nor am I turning this in to a contest. I think I'm a poo poo rifler (I can't land headshots) so I tend to AWP was my point.

Yes I quoted mcvey. He was saying I was useless even with an awp lol. I was saying I'm not you. Implying you are unless all around. Jokes.

Ephedra fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 24, 2015

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Ephedra posted:

Nah I'm not the best. I Never said I thought I was nor am I turning this in to a contest. I think I'm a poo poo rifler (I can land headshots) so I tend to AWP was my point.

good but not best is a ref to envyus leader happy's awp, which is named 'jw good but not best' =]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Losing streak
is
over