Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Selachian posted:

I always thought Snake Oil was kind of lefty. At the very least, he seems to hate the religious right -- if you check his site, his most recent images are mostly mocking the Duggars and Bristol Palin.

Yeah, he's a lefty mostly, it seems. I had him in my RSS for a while after he did a handful I liked, but there was a long stretch of boring, dumb or poor taste ones and I got tired of seeing that poo poo on the regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 :3:
3 I agree, whoever made that video should be really ashamed.
11 Has anyone ever seen Henry Payne and this guy at the same time? :tinfoil:

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 24, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

God drat, Toles :smith:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

colonel_korn posted:

11 Has anyone ever seen Henry Payne and this guy at the same time? :tinfoil:

Of course Payne would be a Ford guy, just one more thing to hate about him.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Holy poo poo the GOP warbirds are incredible. :magical:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Radish posted:

Duck derail was great.

The one time this thread has actually something interesting and playful, I miss it.

Anyway, Carl Barks/Don Rosa -universe is the only acceptable canon universe, with the handful of new guys who respect the material.

And if you were not allowed to read Don Rosa works on Scrooge because it glorifies capitalism, call your parents now and tell them they are assholes. The main story line goes that Scrooge got blinded by his acquisition of wealth to the degree that he became a bitter recluse when he finally was the richest duck in the world, and only as an old person learned to value again his honour code (which he had as a youngster) and family when he became aware that someone will inherit his money one day.

As a young man the guy ripped a steamboat in half when some fucker called his mother a whore and drove away a cavalry division by tipping over a section of the frontier fort on them. How is that not cool?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

:vince:+:smith:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

3 I agree, whoever made that video should be really ashamed.

If you think that video isn't a load of hi-grade bullshit you're fuckin' dreaming, AGC

Also what a weird character to reference in an editorial cartoon.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Why does Horsey like boobs again?

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Oddly, this set has a few translations, and we get a glimpse of bell's Blair in the first strip.

The tag on the pouch in the very middle says "insert porage here"

Actually, this is totally a thing Elvis would do, as that whole "get a DEA badge" stunt with Nixon was just to carry as many guns and drugs as he could carry and not get in trouble.
the man in the first strip is Jack Straw, Home secretary, and we'll be seeing more of him (mostly hounding immigrants).

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you think that video isn't a load of hi-grade bullshit you're fuckin' dreaming, AGC

Also what a weird character to reference in an editorial cartoon.

Yeah did another movie come out recently or something? Not exactly a topical choice of ghoulish movie villians.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

chairface posted:

Yeah did another movie come out recently or something? Not exactly a topical choice of ghoulish movie villians.
Freddy does have being a child molester and teenager murderer going for him. He's something of an expert on the topic of mistreating kids, teenagers and young adults.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Plucky Israel and it's stockpile of nuclear weapons, it doesn't stand a chance against Iran.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
gently caress all these awful Planned Parenthood cartoons

Thank you Rob

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
Duck Chat: The remastered Duck Tales game is 99c on Google Play right now.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Saint Sputnik posted:

Why does Horsey like boobs again?

He's a true man just like the rest of us :911:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

What is going on here? I get that Republicans are always stealing lefties' music and using it for themselves ("musician" might be Bruce Springsteen), but what does God's response mean? Is he saying "I invented music, so you're not allowed to use it unless you hate gay people?"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jurgan posted:

What is going on here? I get that Republicans are always stealing lefties' music and using it for themselves ("musician" might be Bruce Springsteen), but what does God's response mean? Is he saying "I invented music, so you're not allowed to use it unless you hate gay people?"

God hates it when Republicans appropriate religion and cheapen it.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Thank goodness he labeled that musician - I never would've guessed why a man was sitting with a guitar by a microphone.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Haha he fuckin labeled a dude with a guitar and a microphone a musician. No poo poo, Bagley.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

gently caress all these awful Planned Parenthood cartoons

Thank you Rob

Aren't they also using the tissues for surgeries involving actual babies and children?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Don't every let anyone pull this bullshit on you, life before the Internet was terrible.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It was funnier when Chris Rock did it.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Don't every let anyone pull this bullshit on you, life before the Internet was terrible.

For real, doing a school project was pure drudgery, with really limited resources at the local public library and what meager offerings the school's library provided. A book request from another branch could take weeks to arrive, usually beyond the project's due date. Say what you will about how the internet has made us lazy, socially retarded, or intellectually incurious, it's been a loving boon for research. I don't even want to imagine doing my dissertation without it.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
YA GOTTA GIVE ME THE CRAZY EYES!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Titus Sardonicus posted:

For real, doing a school project was pure drudgery, with really limited resources at the local public library and what meager offerings the school's library provided. A book request from another branch could take weeks to arrive, usually beyond the project's due date. Say what you will about how the internet has made us lazy, socially retarded, or intellectually incurious, it's been a loving boon for research. I don't even want to imagine doing my dissertation without it.

I can't imagine what sort of horror learning to program without the internet would have been. Even in the early days of the interwebs as we know them today there was very little on actual programming. When the internet really blew up and Wikipedia became a think I was like "holy gently caress this is so much better than life in the 80's!"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm ... not really sure what Bell is trying to say here. Boomers are fat and self-indulgent?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Selachian posted:

I'm ... not really sure what Bell is trying to say here. Boomers are fat and self-indulgent?

It doesn't even really work either, they're all living to 80 and up?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

diabetes-shmiabetes

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Selachian posted:

/\ Fat Whitey.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Selachian posted:

Studies show boomers are, by and large, more unhealthy going into their senior years than the previous generation (http://time.com/3852306/baby-boomer-health-charts/), so since those health indicators suggest shorter life spans, they may die before the projected shortages with social security hit.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Oh no! He only lived to be 84. Man, fatty foods sure kill 'em young.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

StealthArcher posted:

It doesn't even really work either, they're all living to 80 and up?

Well against all odds America still has an average life expectancy of almost 80 so that isn't much of a stretch.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Ultraklystron posted:

Studies show boomers are, by and large, more unhealthy going into their senior years than the previous generation (http://time.com/3852306/baby-boomer-health-charts/), so since those health indicators suggest shorter life spans, they may die before the projected shortages with social security hit.
But the article itself points out that despite their terrible health they're actually living longer, due to popping more pills? Or is the thinking that this will only work for so long, and the boomers who manage to survive longer due to medication are going to hit a wall at some point and just start dying in droves where previous generations spread it out a bit?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the U.S. might be releasing Jonathan Pollard guys. Get ready for Kirschen to explode.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Yup. Get a list of 100 primary sources from the bibliographies of the relevant books available at the nearest library, then go to the biggest library within 100 miles, and here's what you'd get:

5 of them would be in books carried by the library, with 2-3 checked out and due back in 7 to ∞ days
5 of them would be in the vast yet poorly cataloged microfilm/microfiche :wtf: collection
10 of them would be "available" from another branch in 7 to ∞ days.

By and large the past was bullshit. :corsair:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eight Dollars posted:

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the U.S. might be releasing Jonathan Pollard guys. Get ready for Kirschen to explode.

Well, now we know how far Obama will go to calm the Israelis down. The CIA is going to poo poo bricks though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Well, now we know how far Obama will go to calm the Israelis down. The CIA is going to poo poo bricks though.
Obama is going to let them carry out an assassination against him in Israel to give the Israelis a taste of their own medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Eight Dollars posted:

An AP writer claims WSJ is just sensationalizing an upcoming parole hearing that was already scheduled...
https://twitter.com/APDiploWriter/status/624671677998333952

If true, it hasn't stopped a lot of sources from picking it up and letting us know he's essentially free already...

SuperHappy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 24, 2015

• Locked thread