Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It is and there's going to be a unique Super Mutant called "The Green Monster" that doesn't do anything aside from being a Red Sox reference.

Finally, the perfect target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm glad the Brotherhood of Steel are back to being The Good Guys, Fighting The Good Fight. WTF were they thinking in New Vegas?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Anyone else excited for the Three Dog reveal? Awooo!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Thank god they didn't bring traits back! I'd hate to have more choices for my character, especially choices that enforce certain playstyles because of the drawbacks associated with traits. I just want to be a generic guy who can do all the quests in the game for everyone and shoot all the weapons because I hate replaying video games. I just wanna do em all in one go.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Anyone else excited for the Three Dog reveal? Awooo!

Excited? More like dreading it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

Thank god they didn't bring traits back! I'd hate to have more choices for my character, especially choices that enforce certain playstyles because of the drawbacks associated with traits. I just want to be a generic guy who can do all the quests in the game for everyone and shoot all the weapons because I hate replaying video games. I just wanna do em all in one go.

Are quests even gonna be a thing in this one?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Umm I think you will find Three Dog was a Fallout 3 character, the guy in this game will be his identical twin brother Four Dog.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are there any people who were paid to work on both: ((Fallout 1 OR Fallout 2) AND Fallout 4)?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm sure Fallout 2 is neat, I played and liked FO1 but I'm so bad at the games that whenever I try and navigate between towns in them and get struck by random encounters I get hosed up and die.
I have no idea how you're supposed to level up strong enough to survive early on, except I guess except for chugging chems. So I got frustrated in 2 because of how often you have to go long distances between settlements and how slow it is. I did beat Fallout 1 though and thought that was cool.
I understand the decision to make the wastes actually perilous but goddamn is it SLOOOOOOOW.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

pmchem posted:

Are there any people who were paid to work on both: ((Fallout 1 OR Fallout 2) AND Fallout 4)?

Do the people at bethesda who removed the series from GOG count.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

Good news! Unlike those curmudgeons at Obsidian, Bethesda is dedicated to ensuring players are incapable of Experiencing All The Content!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

also

you can tell which one I like because I made it my profile picture.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

sout posted:

also

you can tell which one I like because I made it my profile picture.

Great to have you here, Happie Wolf.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

quote:

In-game demo. Mr. Handy will say out loud the name you give your character. From "Shaun" to "Mr. F***face." Yes, he actually said it.

Ahaha, the robot called him Mr. Fuckface! My rips are about to split from this quality Bethesda humor!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

Ahaha, the robot called him Mr. Fuckface! My rips are about to split from this quality Bethesda humor!

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing's happening! :stonk: Yet more win from the geniuses at Bethesda. :allears:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
"Up to 12 companions will be available to join players in the post-apocalyptic RPG.

Players will also be able romance those companions, regardless of gender.
Strangely, the dozen companions include Dogmeat and Codsworth, a canine and a Mr. Handy robot, respectively."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

It's true. It is no match for the subtle and restrained humor that is Steven Heck or the restrained hilarity of finding the TARDIS in the middle of the wasteland.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Finally robosexuals can get a handy. :roboluv:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lotish posted:

Finally robosexuals can get a handy. :roboluv:

... Finally? Did people forget Fisto?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pwnstar posted:

Umm I think you will find Three Dog was a Fallout 3 character, the guy in this game will be his identical twin brother Four Dog.

It's his half brother Three Moon-Dog

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ImpAtom posted:

... Finally? Did people forget Fisto?

I don't think handies were Fisto's speciality

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Azhais posted:

I am positive that Fisto is an expert at using his hand.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Getting my dick fisted by Fisto was a crowning moment in my character's life.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

"Up to 12 companions will be available to join players in the post-apocalyptic RPG.

Strangely, the dozen companions include Dogmeat and Codsworth, a canine and a Mr. Handy robot, respectively."

Sweet! Now I can't even miss out on a romance because all the companions are inexplicably gay for me. Thank God for Bethesda. I don't know what I'd do if Obsidian was making this game. They'd probably make a character purely gay so my girl character couldn't gently caress him because of "his backstory" or some silly thing.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Man, Bioware's romance subplots are fantastic! I can't wait to see what the incredible storytellers at Bethesda do with it!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SunAndSpring posted:

Sweet! Now I can't even miss out on a romance because all the companions are inexplicably gay for me. Thank God for Bethesda. I don't know what I'd do if Obsidian was making this game. They'd probably make a character purely gay so my girl character couldn't gently caress him because of "his backstory" or some silly thing.

I'm glad they've finally confirmed that they're drawing ideas from the most epic game of 2011: Dragon Age 2.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
From HERE

There will be about a dozen possible companions, including Dogmeat, Mr. Handy, Preston Garvey, and ‘Piper,’ a newly-revealed companion who you can meet in Diamond City.
Piper, the new companion, wears a red leather coat and a newsboy hat.
Things that are back: bloody mess perk, Super Duper Mart, computer hacking, lockpicking, the Fat Man, and Behemoth mutants. The demo actually ends with the player shooting an atomic bomb at a Behemoth mutant.
Book/comic book covers will be more detailed this time around, and you can zoom in and look at them.
The leveling system works differently now. Perks are tied to SPECIAL stats, and not levels. Having specific high special stats means having good related perks.

Since starting stats tend to be low from what the original demo showed, It's safe to assume there will be ways to increase them during the game. The perks tied to stats isn't really new, a lot of perks in the previous games needed specific stats, like Better/More criticals needed 6 Luck, or Strong Back needed Strength. No level requirements means you can get them as soon as you want rather than waiting to an arbitrary level.

I hope that demo is leaked/released soon, I wanna see it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

NotALizardman posted:

Man, Bioware's romance subplots are fantastic! I can't wait to see what the incredible storytellers at Bethesda do with it!

press a to marry, b to divorce.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Rabidredneck posted:

From HERE

There will be about a dozen possible companions, including Dogmeat, Mr. Handy, Preston Garvey, and ‘Piper,’ a newly-revealed companion who you can meet in Diamond City.
Things that are back: bloody mess perk, Super Duper Mart, computer hacking, lockpicking, the Fat Man, and Behemoth mutants. The demo actually ends with the player shooting an atomic bomb at a Behemoth mutant.
Book/comic book covers will be more detailed this time around, and you can zoom in and look at them.
The leveling system works differently now. Perks are tied to SPECIAL stats, and not levels. Having specific high special stats means having good related perks.

Since starting stats tend to be low from what the original demo showed, It's safe to assume there will be ways to increase them during the game. The perks tied to stats isn't really new, a lot of perks in the previous games needed specific stats, like Better/More criticals needed 6 Luck, or Strong Back needed Strength. No level requirements means you can get them as soon as you want rather than waiting to an arbitrary level.

https://finner68.wordpress.com/2007/02/06/who-was-piper-davis/
"Lorenzo “Piper” Davis was the first black player signed by the Boston Red Sox." lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfgnuabLeBY

Let my good buddy, The Rageaholic, explain to you why New Vegas drools and 3 rules.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Thank God the Super Duper Mart is finally back, and that the textures are detailed enough that you can look at book covers (?)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rabidredneck posted:

From HERE

Hmmm yes please perfect all over my face

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm also glad they're recycling the exact same lovely setpiece from Fallout 3 to show off where you shoot a Fat Man at a Super Mutant Behemoth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to say that "there are 12 companion characters, all of them bisexual" is a legitimate step back from New Vegas which was perfectly willing to recognize the existence of gay and lesbian people and maybe even the idea someone didn't want to gently caress your player character.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If I cant gently caress according to my specifications I will not be buying this game Bethesda!!!

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
my mod will remove sex and give everyone more modest underwear

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say that "there are 12 companion characters, all of them bisexual" is a legitimate step back from New Vegas which was perfectly willing to recognize the existence of gay and lesbian people and maybe even the idea someone didn't want to gently caress your player character.

At least we can all roleplay as a sexual ubermensch now. Can't wait to get all sexual with a ghoul.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Who wouldn't want to gently caress my rich irradiated cyborg cowboy ruler of Vegas mailman.

Besides, the only romance option worth pursuing is ED-I.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like how they are very secretive with this game, almost as if they are trying to hide how lovely awesome it is from the general public until it releases. gently caress that nerd, Josh Sawyer, for talking with fans, taking input from them and giving them information to tide them over until release. The only thing a dev should take from a fan is their money for making loving radical games like FALLOUT 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

SunAndSpring posted:

I like how they are very secretive with this game, almost as if they are trying to hide how lovely awesome it is from the general public until it releases. gently caress that nerd, Josh Sawyer, for talking with fans, taking input from them and giving them information to tide them over until release. The only thing a dev should take from a fan is their money for making loving radical games like FALLOUT 4.

Bethesda is secretive with all their games ever since the Oblivion debacle. Skyrim pre-release was just like this and so was fallout 3 except it leaked like a week before release.

• Locked thread