Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Anthony has always been doing that to people who were lovely to him on twitter. He goes and finds something personal related to the person and sends it to him. I've heard him say it several times over the last year and even before.

I don't know why its suddenly a big deal.

Yet another situation like his firing, if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
He did that going back to the XM days using info from the paperwork Master Poe had the studio audience fill out to harass fans that turned on him or the show (including social security numbers for some reason). He'd also get info about the members of Wackbag.com and gently caress with people there, going all the way back to WNEW when talking about "Lobster Girl" was still a taboo subject.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Remind me why she was called Lobster Girl again? drat I feel old

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chromatic posted:

It's worth noting that the subreddit has completely turned against him at this point.

It's really funny because the TACS subreddit is varying between 'that's so played out :saddowns:' and 'opie must of hired people to attack ant :tinfoil:'

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
O&A on WNEW were going to cook a lobster unless a girl came up to the studio and showed their tits or did something. Melinda (a vegan) came up to the studio, got naked and spent 7 minutes in a closet with Spaz (former producer) and she gave him a blowjob. Ant's wife Jen called up and said she sounded cute and wanted Ant to invite her over some time. (Jen always had a thing for other chicks and Ant and her had threesomes in the past, but she was always territorial about Ant paying too much attention to the other chick.) Ant started loving Melinda on the side. The listeners called her Lobster Girl because they didn't know her real name was Melinda. Ant divorced Jen, moved in with Melinda, and they were together for years - through the divorce, Sex for Sam, two years on the beach, Ant's heart attack and stents, all the way up into the XM radio days until she finally left him when he was playing blackjack and yelling at a dealer in Atlantic City.

After Ant and Melinda started dating, Spaz was fired soon after. That's how Ant rolls. O&A never played that particular show where she sucked-off Spaz again, and mentions of her doing so on the Wackbag message board became a bannable offense since Ant had Admin powers on there too. He'd also threaten those members with info he had the other Admins find for him.

Besides her poor choice in men, Melinda was actually kind of cool, was funny, and used to call in and sit in on Ron and Fez a lot. Dave used to have a recurring segment about funny stuff she said online during his "Board Gossip" bit: Sweet Melinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY98i2nRFF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJglXsnLlQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdQhlhjN_n8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVz4RskO8U

JFC fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 22, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Edit: I should have read further

shyduck fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 22, 2015

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

jyrka posted:

I'm not retarded. It was a threat and a complete scumbag move but still not a 'doxx'. Why does everything on the internet have to be an exaggerated lie?

sweetie. the term "doxxing" means that some spaz on the internet got so mad at something you did that they took the time to look up personal information about you. they dont necessarily have to release it to people, it's just an unnerving threat of your full name and home address being swung around like, hmm, a gun i guess by a racist nra dickbag. watch that clip of dan soder being terrified of his info being leaked while saying that it was scarier than being held hostage at gunpoint.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^^ and then watch it again for Ant not giving a rats rear end how Soder felt

Well, I normally can't stand any music interview on the channel, but Warren Haynes' spot took some unexpected turns.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aHZumLAaw

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

bunky posted:

sweetie. the term "doxxing" means that some spaz on the internet got so mad at something you did that they took the time to look up personal information about you. they dont necessarily have to release it to people, it's just an unnerving threat of your full name and home address being swung around like, hmm, a gun i guess by a racist nra dickbag. watch that clip of dan soder being terrified of his info being leaked while saying that it was scarier than being held hostage at gunpoint.

I guess you are right if that is how you want to define the word. I don't think it is how most people would define it though.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Someone needs to repost it if it gets uploaded again.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Anthony Defends His Roast..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Half Life Entertainment, L.L.C..

O&A are everything they once mocked and they're both too stupid to realize it, lol

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

O&A are everything they once mocked and they're both too stupid to realize it, lol

And Norton spends his time on other podcasts defending them both. I can't tell who is the most pathetic of the three of them.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Victorkm posted:

Anthony has always been doing that to people who were lovely to him on twitter. He goes and finds something personal related to the person and sends it to him. I've heard him say it several times over the last year and even before.

I don't know why its suddenly a big deal.

Yet another situation like his firing, if you ask me.

sometimes you just stop getting away with stuff and get what's coming to you

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Those 3 need Patrice to come back and say "what the gently caress are you all doing?!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

sba posted:

Those 3 need Patrice to come back and say "what the gently caress are you all doing?!"

Oh God, this. So much this. They need a big dose of reality. And maybe a Three Stooges slap upside all of their heads.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

jyrka posted:

I guess you are right if that is how you want to define the word. I don't think it is how most people would define it though.

im right because some fuckhead dangling your personal information over your head like a grenade is horrible. dan soder was held at gunpoint and was more frightened at his home address being publicized because that poo poo is detrimental. doxxing doesn't involve release of information, it just involves accumulation. if i pm your phone number and home address to you right now i guess i didn't dox you by your definition.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Anthony Defends His Roast..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Half Life Entertainment, L.L.C..

:wtc:

I guess it was mostly Opie who would rant about how more people having access to the show just has an overall positive effect, but I was pretty sure Anthony agreed. This is just loving pathetic of him.

Also holy poo poo Jim keeps increasing the "random annoyance" factor on O&J, it's seriously even driving me crazy now and I have an unreasonable tolerance for silliness

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

CrashCat posted:

:wtc:

I guess it was mostly Opie who would rant about how more people having access to the show just has an overall positive effect, but I was pretty sure Anthony agreed. This is just loving pathetic of him.

Also holy poo poo Jim keeps increasing the "random annoyance" factor on O&J, it's seriously even driving me crazy now and I have an unreasonable tolerance for silliness

I'd assume it was Keith or Rat who got the video taken down.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Victorkm posted:

I'd assume it was Keith or Rat who got the video taken down.

Rat's the one doing the dirty work. Disco Dog confirmed it when he got a strike for posting Ron calling in to TACS.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

JFC posted:

And Norton spends his time on other podcasts defending them both. I can't tell who is the most pathetic of the three of them.

They were and still are his meal ticket. He's a good comic, but he's in the same spot as Artie Lange where if O&A would go away his drawing power would drop a whole lot.

I'd be defending both of them too if I were in Jim's position.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Listening to Wednesdays show and they spent a good while mocking people who think that the Stengels are feeding Opie lines. There is a guy on Youtube who slowed down some random video to "prove" it because Justin was playing with his phone when Opie said something funny or something.

Also, they addressed all the people who have been "done" with the show numerous times on Twitter who are still subscribers who have been "done" with the show every second week.

In other words, they don't give a gently caress about the people complaining about the show.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

And?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I wish the Stengels were feeding him lines, that would be more amusing to hear him choke one of those out and bomb horribly than the morning-zoo-assistant chiming in they are currently doing. It seriously sounds just like Q104 only with a schizophrenic in the studio.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Jim's pretty funny on Twitter today

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Meanwhile the Cumia brothers are offering a grand each for dat sweet doxx

quote:

Here's the little troll bitch. 1k cash to anyone who can get me his DOXXXXXXXX I need to have a word with this guy.

quote:

This guy is a winner ain't he!
Threats? I'll up it a grand myself Joe.
2g's for substantial info on this fuckhead.

http://www.twitter.com/AnthonyCumia/status/624691279381811202

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Edited because I'm skeered of Anthony's mad doxx skillz.

JFC fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 26, 2015

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

A 54 year old man and his big brother still getting upset about trolls. loving pathetic. How can anyone justify paying to subscribe to these assholes?

A lot of subscribers are saying they won't reup. The doxxing is a big reason, but the lack of unique content (aka the constant bitching about race) is another big factor. This whole thing is just turning into the Perfect Storm.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Is Anthony obviously bleeding money yet?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Unfortunately it seems Anthony saved well enough and made a lot of investments plus the current income from subscribers to were I think he's ok to live out his days like this and still live in his McMansion.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah he'll probably limp around for awhile. I always thought he should just buy the riotcast network and put it behind a paywall.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Call Me Charlie posted:

Meanwhile the Cumia brothers are offering a grand each for dat sweet doxx

http://www.twitter.com/AnthonyCumia/status/624691279381811202
Ayup, just reported both of them to Twitter for harassment. Ant getting kicked off of Twitter would be amazing

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

shyduck posted:

Ayup, just reported both of them to Twitter for harassment. Ant getting kicked off of Twitter would be amazing

They were harassing you?

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

shyduck posted:

Everyone stop harassing Anthony. It's why he has to lunge out like this. Like a predator.

Tevryr fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 26, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Oh poo poo, they know :tinfoil:

human being mod of tacsdiscussion posted:

I think it may be coming from the something awful forums. They're the only group of shitdick neckbeards who would organize a trolling effort for something so stupid. 4chan is too unorganized and wouldn't give a drat anyway, plus it's not 2006. A lot of the posts and users in the SA O&A thread share the same kind of language and get butthurt over the same things. I mean it is entirely true that former fans are getting butthurt and annoyed, but there is an organized effort coming from SOMEWHERE egging everyone on with tons of alt accounts and this is entirely obvious to anyone who does some investigating.

Either that or Viral Spiral.

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Oh poo poo, they know :tinfoil:

Was coming to post this. What a bunch of hens. No one here gives a gently caress about the show enough to even post here anymore. Much less organize some kind of attack.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Oh no! I have edited my above post to reflect my current sentiments. ^^

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Say butthurt again

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Organization? Have they even seen us lately? :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually shocked when people remember SA is a thing.

• Locked thread