Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Sorry for the double post but Jason Jones is in Tehran. The Rosewater saga begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Echo Chamber posted:

Sorry for the double post but Jason Jones is in Tehran. The Rosewater saga begins.

Easily one of my favorite segments.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Echo Chamber posted:

I forgot about him being there - the Green Revolution is coming.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh baby, iranelex. came quick

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao. he's laughing at news via social media. 2009 was a long time ago, evidently.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I just came back to the re-airing of the Rosewater stuff. Is this after they find out the Iranian guy is jailed?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Also, PUPPET STEELE WILL SOON BE UPON US.

please tell me that i didn't miss this

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh poo poo, death panels are coming up, aren't they? God the scare tactics against the ACA were amazing.

e: Birthermans Begins. Sup Orly Taitz.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 23, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hahaha, get hosed Bill Kristol. Jon really skewered him on healthcare.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Wow, I completely forgot about "Cash for Clunkers." The aughts were a crazy drugs.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Do people still believe in death panels?

Edit:

This fat suit gag is loving funny

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 23, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Is Stewart going to destroy Ron Paul in this interview, or can I freely watch something else until it's over?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
This Larry WIlmore race sketch is my favorite

just because it has magic tricks.

God the delivery is so good.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
It's sinking in that Jon Stewart is really leaving and what an end of an era this is really going to be. Is there any interest in discussing his legacy in this thread or should we just keep it 'tviv in d&d'? The period of transition from supporting to opposing the Iraq war is particularly interesting to me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've been leaving this on for background noise while i'm doing other stuff, and the commercials for comedy central shows are making me hate the shows, and wish harm to everybody involved with them.

It's neat to see how far the gay rights stuff has come in 6 years, but horribly, horribly depressing how similar the discussions on so many other subjects are.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

he never really supported the iraq war, did he? he seemed mostly resigned to the fact that it was going to happen and ambivalent to whether it ought to happen early on

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
public option :smith:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
haha talking about Bloomberg's special third term and Jon says that Derek Jeter gets to shag anyone's wife. You have to chop off the ballzh!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

scaterry posted:

This Larry WIlmore race sketch is my favorite

just because it has magic tricks.

God the delivery is so good.

I always found Larry Willmore funny, but his own show is just absolutely not for some reason.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
So not really an event, but hey, the show switches to HD in 11 episodes, at about 4:29 AM EDT, assuming no skips.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pwn
May 27, 2004

They should have had 3 sensor bars on that soggy pork. If I had screencapped it I'd do it myself.

Anyway that 30,000 segment reminded me of the story of this little video store in NY, from whom The Daily Show has gotten a lot of their deep cuts over the years. It's almost exactly the length of one streamed episode, by chance. Worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zby674Bd5s4

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vacation does not look very good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Citizens United just happened. Jon, of course, made fun it, "Corporations influencing politicians? Well I never!"

Little did he know...

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

This is beyond where I kind of stopped watching the show til the past year or so. What are some highlights coming up today?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Rappaport posted:

It's funny but also sometimes heartbreaking, like that moment of Zen with some talking head going "Well the American people overwhelmingly support Jack Bauer, so torture is a-okay" and well :smith:

That wasn't a talking head, that was Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. :negative:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Steve Vader posted:

Wow. I would like to see Stewart/Dubya as the new Frost/Nixon. That would be a great post-TDS event.

Although Stewart/Cheney would probably be more substantive.

I believe the words you are looking for are 'uncomfortable' and 'rage inducing'.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh my god i just tuned into the full glenn beck parody

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
That's a good one.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I am so so so happy that I tuned in the very second that started

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I quite like Puppet Steele

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing is Real - and I love it!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The go gently caress yourselves gospel might be the most beautiful thing.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Ken Blackwell really shows how low the bar is for being a successful black Republican.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

richardfun posted:

That wasn't a talking head, that was Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. :negative:

...That was the sad bit, it was some random talking head in whatever year I was posting that from, that became Scalia using it :confused:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

A Joe Lieberman sex tape impersonation is an amazing moment to tune in on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Weiner rant over the 9/11 first responders bill.

Oh the fall was so tragic.

pwn
May 27, 2004

That Back in Black segment was great.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/idinjw/back-in-black---eat-pray-love

The source of Jon Stewart saying he wore Kilborn's suits in the show's early days. Are there other times he mentions it?

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/o8k2gk/extremist-makeover---homeland-edition

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Earlier in this thread (also known as 7+ years ago) you can see people talking about how weird it was that the Daily Show was saying the word retarded. Now the show's talking about how bad the word is. Things changed pretty quick

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Haha yes the Tim Kaine interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelvetRiver
Dec 1, 2014

Lord Binky posted:

Earlier in this thread (also known as 7+ years ago) you can see people talking about how weird it was that the Daily Show was saying the word retarded. Now the show's talking about how bad the word is. Things changed pretty quick

It's amazing the difference 7 years make.

Seriously - watching this has been such an amazing fast-forward through a decade. Sometimes it feels like things haven't changed all that much, but this really shows how they have.

• Locked thread