Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I'm not sure if Yuuji did anything beyond the character portraits, even if the shadowing is consistent with monsters and such. I could be wrong though, he could be a better artist than my mind makes him out to be.

(says the person with a Yuuji character design for an avatar :ironicat:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Outside of a very specific set of enemies (usually the humans), Yuuji doesn't design the monsters. A different person handles those.

The Muckdiles/Abyssal Deaths/Dinogators always had 2 tails. It's a bit more obvious in the earlier sprites and the 3D model.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
So it's the artstyle as a whole, not just him, my bad. Either way, I like it!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I honestly gotta give props to whoever does the background images for cities and such. Etria and High Lagaard are pretty good but Armoroad stands out as being particularly meticulous and large-scale.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh yes, the EO2U (a 3DS remake of EO2) is out on the eshop now if you want to give that a try. And for those of you that are familiar with EO2, if you're wondering, Yes, squirrels are still in the game. :argh:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Goons, I hope you're very happy. You got a poor kid murdered and traumatized the poor girl. Again.

You monsters.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

Goons, I hope you're very happy. You got a poor kid murdered and traumatized the poor girl. Again.

You monsters.

Eh. Chuck a nectar at him, he'll be OK.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

theshim posted:

That's actually one of the notable things about the design in EO - Himukai has things in the foreground vibrantly colored and as they fade to the background they become completely black. I actually kinda like it v:shobon:v

The really cool thing to me about this is how the black background shading technique was implemented in the 3D models in the newer games and you can see it go on and off when you rotate the enemy models in the monstrous codex

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

GeneralYeti posted:

You monsters.

Like we wouldn't have gotten discount Naruto traumatized and the poor girl dead with the other option. It's :atlus:, remember

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Eh. Chuck a nectar at him, he'll be OK.

Plot Nectar doesn't exist in EO. You can't do anything about Plot Injuries.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Trying out the EO2U demo. The labyrinth is completely different then what the original game was.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Would you say EO2U is worth playing if I followed your LP?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait, wait, more important question.

Is Alchemist good now?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Yes. Overwhelmingly yes.

alcharagia posted:

Is Alchemist good now?

Everyone is good in EO2U!

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Just don't rely on Fetus's maps, they redesigned everything. (like having FOEs on apparently every floor.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Yes, it's a much better balanced version of the game. The floor maps have all changed (while most retain the basic concept for each floor)

alcharagia posted:

Is Alchemist good now?

if it means anything, they're one of the classes I usually see in a lot of people's parties, along with Dark Hunters, Fafnir, and Beasts. So probably yes. With that said, you can't use one in the demo unless you reclass someone since you're stuck with the Story Mode party. Unfortunately, reclassing does not affect their stats, even though it changes their skillset.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I took another look at EO3's classes and apparently one of the Hoplites is Chie.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hivac posted:

Everyone is good in EO2U!

:raise: Even Survivalists?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I took another look at EO3's classes and apparently one of the Hoplites is Chie.

So is one of the Fortresses in EO4.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

:raise: Even Survivalists?

Well they're more useful than they were in EO2 and EOU. They start off as damage dealers, but by lategame they're better off as supports. Outside of cheese builds, their damage output can't keep up with Fafnir, Sovereign, and the War Magus. They're not dead weight, but they're nowhere as good as their EO1 versions.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well they're more useful than they were in EO2 and EOU. They start off as damage dealers, but by lategame they're better off as supports. Outside of cheese builds, their damage output can't keep up with Fafnir, Sovereign, and the War Magus. They're not dead weight, but they're nowhere as good as their EO1 versions.
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm getting the feeling that Survivalists are meant to be built for binds/statuses or generally buffing the party in EO2U. They have a pretty good Force Boost, too. And the Break is good for early game as well when you're waiting for Fafnir to recharge.

Pureauthor posted:

So is one of the Fortresses in EO4.

I didn't recognize her without the green.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So here are some little questions. What do you think the Deep City will be like? And why are people so determined to keep everyone out?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They want to keep everyone out because they're planning a bitchin' surprise party for us.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Junpei Hyde posted:

They want to keep everyone out because they're planning a bitchin' surprise party for us.

In her house at R'lyeh the Deep City, dead Cthulhu Olympia waits dreaming preparing a kickass cake for us.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I've seen a few spoilery things, so I'll skip the first question. No idea why they want everyone out, though. The odd numbered games seem to have a history of belligerent labyrinth dwellers while the ones in the even numbered games are pretty cool.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

So here are some little questions. What do you think the Deep City will be like? And why are people so determined to keep everyone out?

I'm already tearing my hair out on the third stratum, so I'mma be mum about this.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Their foraging skill is now one skill so they're not a useless skillpoint sink anymore.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

What do you think the Deep City will be like?

A sunken oil tanker

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

It will inexplicably be a giant tree holding up the ocean, and those people are probably elves or something.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I think it will be completely like Armoroad and full of completely ordinary people (and also robots like Olympia) and they're determined to keep people out becaaaaaaaause people are stupid.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Deep Ones. Deep Ones EVERYWHERE.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It'll be cold and with nothing to do there, much like Edmonton (it's a hockey joke).

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It'll be cold and with nothing to do there, much like Edmonton (it's a hockey joke).

Hey, Edmonton has stuff to do!

Well, in the summer at least.

Maybe Connor McDavid can turn the team around? A person can dream, right?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you can go get stabbed at K days, that's a thing to do

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Deep Ones. Deep Ones EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, this is my guess. Cthulhu. Just Cthulhu all the way down until the last stratum is literally just halls and halls of Cthulhu standing shoulder to shoulder.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Such is the way of things, I fear. I shall consider it a miracle if mine armor is not stained crimson ere this conflict is ended.
I'm really hoping the Deep City is ruled by a whale, personally. Or some other giant sea creature.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Well the last game had a spaceship so maybe this will be a spaceship too.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Theantero posted:

Well the last game had a spaceship so maybe this will be a spaceship too.

It would probably be a submarine this time around.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

Robots. ROBOTS EVERYWHERE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

• Locked thread