Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That's a legitimate point they're making though. IDK about the UK, but at least in the US there are a lot of places (like, say, Oregon) that have pretty decent amounts of wrestling fans and long histories of wrestling but who never get any kind of touring show that isn't local feds (NWA Portland is literally the worst indie wrestling ever). There is something to be said for a brand that's willing to bring in sort of known guys for a 500 person show.

I mean it's going to bankrupt JJ into the ground because he's an idiot, but at least some places that don't get much wrestling might get to see some very average to OK matches for not that much cash.

i can tell you from living there for years that Grimsby does not have any wrestling history short of people remembering going to see Big Daddy at the pier 40 years ago. it's backwoods enough that i'm sure there's plenty of fans though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

i can tell you from living there for years that Grimsby does not have any wrestling history short of people remembering going to see Big Daddy at the pier 40 years ago. it's backwoods enough that i'm sure there's plenty of fans though.

Clearly JJ needs to work out a deal with Shacho Tharpe to bring BIG DADDY YUM YUM over since Big Daddies have a history of drawing in your town.

Edit: Off subject but do you have any clue why I've heard of your city's football club before despite them being in the fifth tier? The first think that popped into my head was "Grimsby Town FC"

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 21, 2015

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Spermgod posted:

You guys do realize that Oregon is the only state that requires the full academic sports treatment for wrestling events, with dozens of additional expenses involved in running shows like large medical staffs on hand, right? This is The Reason Oregon doesn't get shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Double J ineptly dances around the question about if they have a TV deal:

quote:

Global Force Wrestling's Jeff Jarrett recently spoke with Donald Wood and the rest of the Ring Rust Radio crew. Courtesy of The Deco Elbow Drop, they sent us these highlights:

Donald Wood: The biggest news from Global Force Wrestling recently has been the announcement that the television program will be called Amped. The first taping will be Friday, July 24 at the Orleans Arena. Can you give us any more information on how many episodes you will be taping and what channel, dates and times will wrestling fans be able to watch the finished product?

You're digging for the good stuff and I appreciate that. We just named it Amped, and we are in the discussion of how many episodes so I can't tell you how many right now. We are going to be shooting on content next Friday, then August 21st, and October 23rd. One thing is for sure, we are starting four tournaments starting next Friday: The Global Championship, the Tag-Team Championship, the Women's Championship, and the Nex-Gen Championship. We do have Bobby Rude appearing and in my opinion he personifies what GFW in some shape, form, or fashion is all about. He is a wrestler under a contract for another promotion who will be appearing on our program. The number of episodes is a moving target at this point. We are going to go shoot the tournament then we get back who knows? It could be ten episodes, twelve, fourteen, who knows? It's a work in progress. When you are trying to line up domestic and international, it's a real challenge to try and please everybody. We are going to do our very best to expose the product to as many wrestling fans as we can.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/103-indies/43675-jeff-jarrett-talks-gfws-first-tv-taping-and-plans

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That's a lot more honest than "we'll announce something shortly"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I like the line that Bobby Roode personifies GFW because he works for another company

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Who knows?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

I like the line that Bobby Roode personifies GFW because he works for another company

A company that, much like GFW, will be dead soon

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

DynamiteKidd posted:

You guys do realize that Oregon is the only state that requires the full academic sports treatment for wrestling events, with dozens of additional expenses involved in running shows like large medical staffs on hand, right? This is The Reason Oregon doesn't get shows.

This just makes it honestly even more baffling how NWA Portland is a thing, because again, literally the lowest tier more awful indie show you have ever seen.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This just makes it honestly even more baffling how NWA Portland is a thing, because again, literally the lowest tier more awful indie show you have ever seen.

Have you ever seen Southern States Wrestling? It's on Youtube. Is your local fed honestly worse than that?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's always more and it's always worse.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tonight is the night guys.

The first Global Force taping.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I expect very little change in the crowd by bell time.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dsriggs posted:

They'll still sell more tickets than TNA!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dsriggs posted:

Can Jeff Jarrett outdraw Herb Abrams in Vegas?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Global Championship Tournament
Brian Myers (formerly Curt Hawkins) vs. Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters)

Bobby Roode vs. “The Tollman” Kevin Kross

Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus)

Tag Team Championship Tournament
The Bollywood Boys vs. The Akbars

NEX*GEN Championship Tournament
PJ Black (formerly Justin Gabriel) vs. Seiya Sanada

NEX*GEN Championship Tournament
Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Women’s Championship Tournament
Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei’D Tapa

Bestia 666, Blood Eagle & Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star, Zokre & Misterioso Jr.

Plus, KUSHIDA will be wrestling in a NEX*GEN one on one match!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"The Tollman"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"The Akbars"

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

oatgan posted:

"The Tollman"

Ya gotta pay the troll's toll.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

There's the WCWC in Portland, Len Denton (The Grappler) owns it or is at least involved, he manages and a couple week ago actually wrestled. I've been watching them on youtube where they upload their weekly tv show.

Edit: to be more on topic of GFW, if I can find a legit way to watch without a cable tv sub I'll give it a watch. Looking at the website they're booking a lot of people I like, it's more a matter if the stories they come up with are terrible.

smikey fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 25, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smikey posted:

There's the WCWC in Portland, Len Denton (The Grappler) owns it or is at least involved, he manages and a couple week ago actually wrestled. I've been watching them on youtube where they upload their weekly tv show.

Edit: to be more on topic of GFW, if I can find a legit way to watch without a cable tv sub I'll give it a watch. Looking at the website they're booking a lot of people I like, it's more a matter if the stories they come up with are terrible.

It's more a matter if it is ever shown on TV or anywhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I have to assume they're doing something dumb like getting TNA's spot when they're done on DA

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Thauros posted:

Have you ever seen Southern States Wrestling? It's on Youtube. Is your local fed honestly worse than that?

It's called NWA Blue Collar Wrestling From Portland, it's real bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Ls33q2Gm4

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's good to see some young up and comers like The Darewolf, Jigsaw, and loving Sonjay Dutt getting a shot to be the next generation of wrestling

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Papered

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Why six sides

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't look bad - 2000 or so people maybe?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There are literally no mats, and the luchadores are diving onto concrete

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

then they're right at home

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
i have never seen a mexican show with mats

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There are mats:

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Chris James 2 posted:

This isn't Bill Watts WCW where noted luchador Cactus Jack laid the groundwork for all of his future skeletal problems by constantly bumping to the outside without protection

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I guess it shouldn't be but it's kind of incomprehensible to me that Jeff Jarrett is stupid enough to not realize that any association with TNA, be it using a 6 sided ring or y'know actually showing up on their TV and working an interpromotional angle with them, is the worst possible start you could give a new promotion in terms of buzz.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jarrett really loves that fuckin' gimmick. Why not step up the sides, Jeff? Eight sides. Ten sides. Twenty. A hundred sides. :getin:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jeff jarrett is so stupid that he actually founded a wrestling company on a weekly ppv model assumed everyone would see what a great value it was

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rotinaj posted:

Jarrett really loves that fuckin' gimmick. Why not step up the sides, Jeff? Eight sides. Ten sides. Twenty. A hundred sides. :getin:

I saw a thread on the board named "will WWE ever rovert to six sides?" and my favorite reply was "Rovert has more than six sides"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rotinaj posted:

A circled circle?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

rotinaj posted:

All future matches to be conducted inside a geodesic dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I jut hope they can get Terry Crews to work matches in the BattleDome

• Locked thread