Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'll take a look at the AH, maybe put my blues in there.

What should I be saving AD for at low levels? I'm thinking either a level 2 horse or upgrading a companion. My Wandering Wizard has hit 20, so I'm tempted to upgrade him. I only have 60k AD, though. I'm getting up in leadership levels, so I'm making ~5,000 AD per day, but that's still going to be quite a while unless you make a lot more AD at later levels in the game proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Upgrading companions is super expensive, I wouldn't bother. But a purple horse is one of the better investments in the game--the speed is really really nice. Maybe fashion items or companions on the AH? Dragonbone offhands are cheap enough to buy earlyish, and it's nice not to have to worry about a slot until 60.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Most people would say "epic/110% mount" because the speed bonus and the number of hits you can shrug off is definitely noticeable.

Certain companions, maybe? It's better to buy the higher tier ones straight off than to upgrade to them, because upgrading companions is stupidly prohibitive even if you have money to burn. If there was one companion I didn't regret buying, it was the Earth Archon. Even as a blue tier, its power that made it immune to damage made it a clutch player on epic-level Shores a few times.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, I'll look into new companions as well. I'm really liking how much damage the wizard adds. I'm playing an OP, so I don't need help healing or tanking, but I do very little damage. The wizard puts me on top of the damage chart in most dungeons I run. Are there any companions along those lines I should be looking at?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Leveling from 60-70 is so boring. I just got to 65. I've got around 27% extra xp from utility slots, but the vigilance tasks make me want to die.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Check the guild bank for high-rank azure's, and buy a neck and waist item that gives you utility slots. (Regular) Lathandar's cloak and belt are usually the cheapest. 5 rank-7 azures is a 55% XP bonus. I just put a bunch in the guild bank if you need them.

But yeah, the 60-70 grind is in the same ballpark as 1-60, and a lot less interesting. Be sure to head to Spinward Rise once you hit 67. You need to finish spinward rise to get the main hand artifact weapon, so you don't want to hit 70 and still be stuck doing vigilance quests.

LeastActionHero fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 20, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dammit, sorry about tonight. For some reason my connection to the Neverwinter servers just turned to poo poo when I got into the dungeon.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Glazius posted:

Dammit, sorry about tonight. For some reason my connection to the Neverwinter servers just turned to poo poo when I got into the dungeon.

I haven't been able to log in for close to 4 days now. Miss you guys...and killing things with ALL THE ROOTS. :/

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Tried doing MC the other day and holy hell the frame rate tanks so bad, it is like watching a snail's holiday snaps. Tried adjusting some settings to the lowest and I still can't get anywhere with improving things even marginally. War Makers has the same problem, and thankfully I can avoid doing that now to get to Celadaine, but is there any way to get even a passable solution here?

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Toothache posted:

Tried doing MC the other day and holy hell the frame rate tanks so bad, it is like watching a snail's holiday snaps. Tried adjusting some settings to the lowest and I still can't get anywhere with improving things even marginally. War Makers has the same problem, and thankfully I can avoid doing that now to get to Celadaine, but is there any way to get even a passable solution here?

Not really, it's always been terrible in there. Even people with really good PCs get crapped on by MC for some reason.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9469863

There goes Leadership farming. Time to switch over to Alchemy or something else that you can sell on the AH.

Speaking of, as they're also fixing the Unified Element HE exploit, the prices of those have skyrocketed on the AH. Went from 10k apiece to 50k each in...less than 2 hours. :D

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 23, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well that's the end of nice things

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Glazius posted:

...huh. And it happened again at about the same time tonight. Twice is enemy action?

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Hah... I pop back in here to see what's goin' on lately, just to find out they only TODAY figured out how to nerf the gateway.

If only they could do something about the economy being poo poo, it might make the script not flippin' necessary. :shrug:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

The people who made leadership botting necessary are just gonna move the botting in-game arent they.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Wow, that is one seriously pissed of game forum.

Edit: ↓ Grind it while the grinding is good. ↓

Game_Whino fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 23, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Dammit. And here I am honestly goofing off and checking every few hours at work.

What should I start doing then? Alchemy? I'm still only at 40.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Pretty annoying, but whatever. I've managed to get a fast mount plus another million or so AD through scripting, so I've got nothing to complain about.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well we can't make the ad in game. Not since mod 2 really. Not in the quantities the game actually needs to get anywhere. Keeping in mind the real road bumps are your enchants which require gmops in huge quantities.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I log in maybe once every two days. I was making almost 5k per day not botting, now it will take me at least another month to get a level 2 mount.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Goofballs posted:

What a perfectly succinct summation.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Jesus, all of the crafting that isn't leadership sucks. Do you need the generic +X weapon from the previous tier of weaponsmithing to get the +(X+1) weapon, or can you use a looted weapon at that level?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Jesus, all of the crafting that isn't leadership sucks. Do you need the generic +X weapon from the previous tier of weaponsmithing to get the +(X+1) weapon, or can you use a looted weapon at that level?

Yep, it's generics all the way up.

Buy a stack of residuum, that should hold you through most of a 1-20. And after that, just gathering components is the fastest way to get XP.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Finally something to spend my gold on.

Well, gently caress. Something else to spend my AD on.

Are there any important quests in Helms Hold, Ebony Downs, or whatever the forest with werewolves is? Because I'm tempted to just do dailies. The dragon dailies from the Harper also give AD, right?

Or do I need to finish all those zones to get more quests from Sgt Knox?

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 23, 2015

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You can skip any zone you out-level. The only places that give actual rewards are blacklake district, and neverdeath graveyard, which both give free bags; and the very last zone, spinward rise, which gives you your artifact weapon when you finish it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Sweet, thanks. I skipped part of Helms Hold and almost all of Ebon Downs. Part of it is just that Ebon Downs looks like tower district part 2.I just really wish they had a mentor system.

What are the big AD sinks? Mounts and marks of power?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Its all about your artifacts, artifact equipment and enchantments ad the stuff that goes into them. You don't have to worry about it for a while.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know if this is going to hold true anymore, but think of it this way.

500 AD = 1 Zen.

100 Zen = 1 dollar, or thereabouts.

50,000 AD = 1 dollar.

So. Artifacts. To get them all the way up to max rank you need 11 GMOPs, 10 of which come after the artifact hits 99.

Artifact equipments don't need GMOPs and you can just do the dungeons in Dread Ring to get upgrade marks.

Mounts are 600K AD/1200K AD, or $12/$24 to get to rank 2 or 3, mostly for the speed boost.

Enchantments are the big sink. Starting with rank 7 enchantments, you need a total of 20 GMOPs to get to 12, including the ones needed to upgrade other copies of the enchantment so you can fuse them. I think that comes out to 30 including the runestones and gear on your ioun stone.

So 600 GMOPs to hit the absolute pinnacle of what enchantments can get you.

Companion upgrades are 500K/750K/1000K or 60/90/120 upgrade tokens, to go to rare/very rare/epic, if you want the active-slot boost that comes from the higher rating. So 45 upgrade tokens are worth 375 AD, or $7.50, and that's how many you get in a companion helper pack for $16, in addition to the giant XP boost and the bonding runestones.

While you're grinding levels, though, you don't really need to worry about any of that. You might want to pick up ID scrolls in case personally-usable gear drops, and I guess you can get an early shot at the enchantment game, but you'll be hemorrhaging money to keep popping them out of and back into equipment as you grind it up.

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Goofballs posted:

Pretty much this. Cixmas is cancelled forever. :(

EDIT: Guess I'll edit out the script part of the OP! :v:

Falented fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 24, 2015

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

So the script is toast for good now huh, that's a bummer.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
How long before there's an in-game script?

Actually, I'm not sure what the point is here. Do they want to lower the exchange rate for AD->Zen? It seems like they benefit by having it at a high rate.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Falented posted:

Pretty much this. Cixmas is cancelled forever. :(

EDIT: Guess I'll edit out the script part of the OP! :v:

The script is still useful for grinding up every other crafting profession. It's not profitable anymore, but it's still useful enough to keep around.

Also I had a question about guild resources. When you donate, say, campaign resources to the guild, it's noted they're all worth some number of points, which I imagine are the guild marks you pick up to go shopping at the marketplace. But in order to build anything, does the guild need specific combinations of donated resources? Or are they all just the new guild-harvested resources, timber and such?

Glass of Milk posted:

Actually, I'm not sure what the point is here. Do they want to lower the exchange rate for AD->Zen? It seems like they benefit by having it at a high rate.

The high rate actually didn't benefit a lot of people, since very few people were buying Zen to convert to AD in the first place. The rate was hard-capped at 500 to 1 and I imagine it would actually have been much higher. Cryptic actually flooded it periodically with virtual Zen.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 24, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Are the damage sheets after a skirmish/dungeon accurate? Because JFC, I just got top damage on a skirmish with my OP and a crappy companion. Maybe that's why it took so long to finish.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Glazius posted:

Also I had a question about guild resources. When you donate, say, campaign resources to the guild, it's noted they're all worth some number of points, which I imagine are the guild marks you pick up to go shopping at the marketplace. But in order to build anything, does the guild need specific combinations of donated resources? Or are they all just the new guild-harvested resources, timber and such?

Guild marks are your person currency, which you use to buy stronghold equipment. Everything else, including stuff like wood, the various quest tokens, campaign currency, and straight up AD, goes into the stronghold chest and is used to build stuff.

Cix has been stockpiling stuff we'll need (meanwhile I had invested all my RP into more character slots, and hit 51 just this week).

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Are the damage sheets after a skirmish/dungeon accurate? Because JFC, I just got top damage on a skirmish with my OP and a crappy companion. Maybe that's why it took so long to finish.

The damage listed is mostly accurate, unless you're using damage redirect skills, in which case the damage you take is added onto the paingiver chart. Even so, if a Paladin is topping the damage chart that means the other people are playing incompetently.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I have been in one dungeon/skirmish where I wasn't on top. It was one where I came in halfway through the skirmish somehow. I had always attributed it to having a level 20 wizard companion, but I guess that doesn't make a difference. I'd guess the Aura of courage might be counting towards my damage, but every paladin should be running that. I am only at 43, so maybe the damage hasn't completely dropped off on paladins, but I definitely feel like other people do a lot more damage than me.

Is there a companion I should be looking at if I like the wizard? Someone said it's not worth spending the AD on upgrading it, since you generally end up wanting Ioun Stones / cats. But the wizard basically triples my damage.

Buying 500 zen gets me the welcome pack or whatever they call it, right?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Glass of Milk posted:

If you think about it all the ad got much more valuable because in the near future they're going to be way less of it around because its massively inconvenient to do professions on a lot of characters and the ways to earn it in the game are incredibly limited. So everyone who has ad posted for zen took it down because the price for zen is going to be lower in the future because there is just less currency to buy it with. There's plenty of dummies who are happy with that because they get dyes faster or whatever but its kind of missing the point because the real costs in the game are in ad. Cryptic think it will force profession scripters to buy more zen which almost certainly won't happen because 1) the amount they would need is insane 2) gently caress you. The real winners are the third party ad vendors who just saw the value of their product skyrocket and no matter how much zen drops they're going to have a better deal.

Its kind of funny looking at what's happening on the auction house. Enchantments are dropping hard as people try to stock up on ad

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 24, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Sweet, thanks. I skipped part of Helms Hold and almost all of Ebon Downs. Part of it is just that Ebon Downs looks like tower district part 2.I just really wish they had a mentor system.

What are the big AD sinks? Mounts and marks of power?

Ebon Downs does have one of the dragon encounters in it and if you're doing the campaigns from Harper Boward and all that, eventually you'll have to go there.

Now for dumb question time: How do you get the epic armor/weapon enchantments? I know you can get shards from doing dungeons and the auction house, but I've never found anything that can actually be slotted into my equipment.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 25, 2015

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
You need to fuse 4 shards together into a lesser enchant. This process has a 1% chance of success, so you need a coalescent ward, aka coal ward, as well. And by 'you' I mean 'the guy running an army of invocation bots who has a ton of coal wards that are bound to his account'. Lesser enchants are about 400k on the AH, aside from a few special cases like plaguefire, which come directly from lockboxes and are substantially cheaper. Plaguefire is a pretty good enchant btw.

Coal wards come very rarely from the celestial coffers (and they've been nerfed over time), and otherwise are $10 (500k AD) from the zen store. You can also buy them with trade-bars, but directly buying trade bar jackpots is more expensive in AD than just buying $10 worth of zen.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
something wrong with the gateway? I noticed my bot isn't issuing any orders, so I tried manually and can't do it. I click on choose task, then it loads for a second and kicks me out to the profession page again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Skilleddk posted:

something wrong with the gateway? I noticed my bot isn't issuing any orders, so I tried manually and can't do it. I click on choose task, then it loads for a second and kicks me out to the profession page again.

Leadership has been removed as of Thursday from the Gateway. Which means the script still works, just not for leadership. gg Cryptic.

• Locked thread