Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Cosmic Muffet is approaching dangerous scifi overload the longer this wait gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kairo
Jun 21, 2003

Orv posted:

Cosmic Muffet is approaching dangerous scifi overload the longer this wait gets.

I think he hit that point long ago.

There are a couple things outside of my control at the moment, so of course I'm using this time to keep working. Sorry!

Orv
May 4, 2011
All I ask is you keep us updated when you have time.

And make it good. That's probably also important.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I would like a good game, and soon, and also for free. That's really all I ask

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Orv posted:

All I ask is you keep us updated when you have time.

And make it good. That's probably also important.

This is the post equivalent of "I just want you to know we're all counting on you."

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Question: which star am I fighting in this game, mainly?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

kedo posted:

Question: which star am I fighting in this game, mainly?

The enemy one, clearly.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The enemy one iirc

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

So, Kanye?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Overwined posted:

This is the post equivalent of "I just want you to know we're all counting on you."

Well yes.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

kedo posted:

So, Kanye?

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...2=0&authorName=

Weirdly perfect.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
so do you think there's room in the game for buzzsaw frigates...

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Every time you bug kairo enough that he has to respond to this thread the game comes out a little later

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

mad.radhu posted:

Every time you bug kairo enough that he has to respond to this thread the game comes out a little later
:commissar: anyone bugging him.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

kairo let us play your video game, and allow us to compensate you with money

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Aesis posted:

:commissar: anyone bugging him.

RIP entire thread

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Kairo posted:

There are a couple things outside of my control at the moment, so of course I'm using this time to keep working. Sorry!

Chris Roberts gave a much better explanation than this. :colbert:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Chris Roberts gave a much better explanation than this. :colbert:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Kairo posted:

ARMA-style FPS mode confirmed!

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
there should be an option for non-lethal dispersion of enemy starships in the vicinity using audiovisual holoprojections and stupidly loud speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deu-i1C5t_A

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:allears: Thats just wonderful.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Aesis posted:

Can I play this yet :qq:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Kairo posted:

it's never ever coming out.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I dunno, I feel it in my bones, boys, this game is going open alpha very soon. And we're all gonna get it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Capture doctorfrog and find out what he knows.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

(he's makin' it up)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Chicken.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

drat right, what if Kairo doesn't let me in a special thing or something so I can play this video game? Which I have a feeling in my bones will be available to us soon.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Gotta stick to your NDA-breaking guns.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

RangerKarl posted:

there should be an option for non-lethal dispersion of enemy starships in the vicinity using audiovisual holoprojections and stupidly loud speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deu-i1C5t_A

Uhh...can someone explain what just happened? Did the music cause the evil OverLady to have a revelation and turn to peace or something? Also what the hell is even the context for giant mechs with guitar-playing pilots? Are they like Noise Marines, but not evil?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Macross is weird yo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Buried alive posted:

Uhh...can someone explain what just happened? Did the music cause the evil OverLady to have a revelation and turn to peace or something? Also what the hell is even the context for giant mechs with guitar-playing pilots? Are they like Noise Marines, but not evil?

Ok, trying to keep it simple...

Nekki Basara (the rocker dude) is a crazy, stubborn, self-absorbed pacifist who thinks everyone should stop fighting and just listen to his music. The local defense military find his antics of flying into active warzones and playing protest music extremely annoying to say the least. Evil Overlady is one of the leaders of the alien invaders leading a bunch of mind-controlled minions who are attacking the good guy's fleet to harvest their souls. She's also a vampire of sort who feeds off the life energy of people, called Spiritua. Rocker Dude's music creates shittons of this "Spiritua" energy out of seemingly nowhere and this freaks the alien vampire leaders out.

As for the customized transforming robot jet planes with guitar hero controls they've got, blame the keyboardist, who is ex-military and extremely well connected. When the alien invaders refuse to listen to Rocker Dude's songs, he decides to MAKE them listen as you can see, via a huge rear end missile with a massive speaker system as a warhead.

Basically...

Orv posted:

Macross is weird yo.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 25, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Macross is that 4X game you played once where the enemy razed all your colonies, killed all your ships, and began bombarding your home planet. You hit end turn and the game ends, only for you to be greeted with "Congratulations! You win! Cultural victory!"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

poo poo, totally forgot that is a man, haven't seen the anime in years.

I'm just glad the song played wasn't loving Planet Dance, I got so tired of that song the first half of the show.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well 'man' is relative, given that it's a planetoid-sized bone tentacle souleating monster thing.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I have a dream. That one day I can play this game!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Macross references should be in the thread for Galak-Z, which is anime and has a spaceship that transforms into a robot.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do we have a Galak-Z thread? That thing also looks about a thousand boners a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Macross Plus is the only Macross anything worth watching :colbert:

• Locked thread