Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Trabandiumium posted:

no she probably wrecked the truck her dad bought her

That photo was an obvious red herring she was crippled by Warren's penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junkfist posted:

Why would he have it?

If you pull the gun on Frank in the scrapyard, he'll call your bluff and confiscate it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you pull the gun on Frank in the scrapyard, he'll call your bluff and confiscate it.

Wrong, Max always pulls the gun, if you try to shoot him he doesn't take it, if you don't then he takes it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ekusukariba posted:

Wrong, Max always pulls the gun, if you try to shoot him he doesn't take it, if you don't then he takes it

Ah, that was it. Been a while since I played.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ekusukariba posted:

This is actually wrong. He takes it no matter what, unless that got changed in a patch.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

TastyLemonDrops posted:

This is actually wrong. He takes it no matter what, unless that got changed in a patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYJriI4PA8 always been this way as far as I know, otherwise the choice is pointless

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
That's weird as hell. I know for sure I did both options and lost the gun both times. :psyduck:

EDIT: I must have rewinded it after shooting him the second time to get the first outcome.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away

Turra posted:

It's coming Tuesday! Here's the trailer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A tense moment as Max can't remember if she flushed the toilet in the girl's bathroom this morning or rewound to let it mellow because, gently caress it, maybe that will somehow save the world this time.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

According to Square Enix the game has apparently passed 1 million units in sales.

That's pretty insane considering the budget of the game was likely minuscule and it had a non existence advertisement budget.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I really hope we can see alternate timeline Max's journal and texts

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Ekusukariba posted:

How obnoxious would the stoner, "Mad Max" version of her journal be? That thing better exist so we can find out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Paul Zuvella posted:

According to Square Enix the game has apparently passed 1 million units in sales.

That's pretty insane considering the budget of the game was likely minuscule and it had a non existence advertisement budget.
I hope they make a sequel, one of the devs said if that would ever happen, LiS Season 2 would be a thematic sequel with an entirely new cast and setting for the next series.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

I hope they make a sequel, one of the devs said if that would ever happen, LiS Season 2 would be a thematic sequel with an entirely new cast and setting for the next series.

I can honestly say that I hope that there is never a sequel to this game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Why?

Also anyone else replaying prior to 4 coming out?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, why? I can easily understand not wanting a direct sequel and wanting LiS Season 1 to be an entirely standalone game, but if they make a thematic sequel like some TV shows do that would be rad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don'tNod will be busy working on their not-Vampire the Masquerade thing after this anyway.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
They need to make a sequel for Remember Me but with gameplay, or not and just focus of cool atmosphere and change the style of the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should make a Psi-Ops sequel

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, why? I can easily understand not wanting a direct sequel and wanting LiS Season 1 to be an entirely standalone game, but if they make a thematic sequel like some TV shows do that would be rad.

Like what would they even do for a sequel? More time traveling twee hipster crap with a new heroine? Do they have a new girl figure out she can control time? Why box yourself in by making yourself make something similar to LiS when they can just make a new game.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Like what would they even do for a sequel? More time traveling twee hipster crap with a new heroine? Do they have a new girl figure out she can control time? Why box yourself in by making yourself make something similar to LiS when they can just make a new game.

Maybe the devs like the universe they created and feel it's worth exploring further? That doesn't mean they can't shake things up and offer a significantly different experience while maintaining the style and mechanics that made LiS a success.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So regarding the trailer, it was pointed out to me that (spoilers since it's not immediately obvious) in the scenes that flash by quick with Warren and Nathan, Warren is wearing two different shirts in the same scene, and Max is transparent in one. Could she have gained the ability to shift between the two realities? Her doing stuff like that would also explain the two moons.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Ekusukariba posted:

Here's hoping that βMax turns out to be a huge bitch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

They need to make a sequel for Remember Me but with gameplay, or not and just focus of cool atmosphere and change the style of the game.

Remember Me wasn't really their fault - It got shafted six ways to sunday for years with mismanagement from the producers. Whatever version they originally had planned would probably have been fantastic, instead of just cobbling together whatever was finished and shoving it out the door to die in the cold.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ok, I'm all prepared, one save with my normal choices, and the other save with my Good Person choices and use of reverse time power.

Of course, looks like the best course of action with regards to Victoria/Nathan is not telling anyone about nathan and blaming david. If you blame jefferson she flips out.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN7FXEl4NhQ

Relevant because of the weird in-character comments someone made. I wonder if those are official or if I just have some weirdos on my channel.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Philemon finds a new teenager to gift mystical powers and they go on to fight a new, reality thretening ev- poo poo wait wrong series

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN7FXEl4NhQ

Relevant because of the weird in-character comments someone made. I wonder if those are official or if I just have some weirdos on my channel.

You must be new to youtube.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Larry Parrish posted:

I have no idea how many teams they have, but they're working on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtpT4LLxFv4

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

I have no idea how many teams they have, but they're working on this.

DONTNOD are setting up a second development team to work on Vampyr.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Larry Parrish posted:

This but unironically.

Aaaand now I have that loving Cold song stuck in my head all day.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

With episode 4 only 3 days away, what did everyone pick for their choices?

Big bar of black coming up.

Two savegames atm:

This one I used without ever using the time power unless I had to, and if i hosed up i moved on. I kind of wanted people to not like me but I kind of half assed it and should have gone all out.

Episode 1:
You hid the truth
You made fun of victoria
You took a photo of david harrassing kate
You blamed Chloe

Didn't let daniel draw your portrait
didn't sign ms grant's petition
didn't help alyssa
didn't erase kate's slate
watered your plant
touched dana's pregnancy test
reorganized victoria's photos
didn't write on a dirty rv
let the bird die
broke chloe's snow globe
left evidence while searching through david's stuff
read david's files

episode 2:
You told kate to go to the police
you answered kate's call
you didn't try to shoot frank
you saved kate's life
you blamed david

you watered your plant
you didn't help alyssa
you left the link to kate's video
you weren't friendly with taylor
you rejected warren's invitation
you wrote a message
you didn't tamper with the railtracks
you didn't gain entry to the vortex club party
you didn't help warren
you didn't tell on david to mr jefferson

episode 3:
you stole the money
you kissed chloe
you sided with clohe
you got frank's dog hurt
frank has david's gun

lisa is dead
you helped warren with his exam
you are on the vortex club party list
you erased some names from the vortex club party list
you erased the cop's answerphone message
you helped alyssa
you didn't warn the homeless woman
you took a photo in the past
you didn't leave a mark on the fireplace

This is my Good save game (god damnit I keep forgetting to wipe kate's board)

Episode 1:
You reported nathan
You comforted victoria
You intervened to help out kate
You came out of hiding to intervene

let daniel draw your portrait
you signed ms grant's petition
you helped alyssa
didn't erase kate's slate
watered your plant
you didn't touch dana's pregnancy test
didn't touch victoria's photos
you wrote on a dirty rv
you saved the bird
you didn't break chloe's snow globe
you didn't leave any evidence
read david's files

episode 2:
told kate to wait for more proof
you answered kate's call
you tried to shoot frank
you saved kate's life
you blamed jefferson

you didn't water your plant
you helped alyssa
you erased the link to kate's video
you were friendly with taylor
you accepted warren's invitation
you wrote a message
you tampered with the railtracks
you gained entry to the vortex club party
you helped warren
you told on david to mr jefferson

episode 3:
you stole the money
you kissed chloe
you sided with clohe
you kept frank's dog from harm
chloe has david's gun

lisa is alive
you helped warren with his exam
you are on the vortex club party list
you erased some names from the vortex club party list
you erased the cop's answerphone message
you helped alyssa
you warned the homeless woman
you took a photo in the past
you left a mark on the fireplace

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
A few pages back some folks were dissecting whether it was realistic for Max to just fall into radio silence when she moved away, and pick back up like it was nothing years later... And yeah, it really is. When my sister and I were 4 and 6 we were inseparable with some neighborhood girls 4 and 5, like didn't even bother to ask to go to each others houses overnight, our parents just assumed that's where we were. At 9 and 11 our family swapped hemispheres and we didn't even try to keep in touch because, 12 hr time difference, spotty snail mail, and before kids usually had personal email? Yeah right.

Five years later we were back in the States, our friends' dad had rolled into a ditch and died of a heart attack... When we did get back together, every couple of years, we just picked up where we left off and pushed through any moments of awkwardness.

So it's pretty true to my life experience at least. True friends might give you crap about not staying in touch but in the end you're still who you've always been, and they get that.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Replaying to alter a few choices and the one thing that still annoys me is the train part, like seriously Chloe just take off your boot and you'll be fine also what is the thread's spoiler policy? Not sure if I really need to be spoiler tagging stuff from episodes that have been out for a while now

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I can't have been the only one to watch Chloe get hit by a train repeatedly.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't even know you could tamper with the railtracks until the list of choices showed up at the end of the episode. Do we know the consequence of that yet or is it still coming, like Warren's stupid movie night ?

Psiharis posted:

A few pages back some folks were dissecting whether it was realistic for Max to just fall into radio silence when she moved away, and pick back up like it was nothing years later... And yeah, it really is.

I'd have to go back to make sure but I don't think anyone was wondering that, at least the second part; picking things back up after an awkward phase seems natural, yeah. The conversation began with "Max was an rear end in a top hat" and it went from there. She absolutely was.

Ekusukariba posted:

Replaying to alter a few choices and the one thing that still annoys me is the train part, like seriously Chloe just take off your boot and you'll be fine also what is the thread's spoiler policy? Not sure if I really need to be spoiler tagging stuff from episodes that have been out for a while now

We're spoiling everything, I guess in case new folks show up. Pretty annoying and I think it should only really be necessary for a week or so after a new episode is released, not all the time; this game isn't that popular.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

seravid posted:

I didn't even know you could tamper with the railtracks until the list of choices showed up at the end of the episode. Do we know the consequence of that yet or is it still coming, like Warren's stupid movie night ?

I'd have to go back to make sure but I don't think anyone was wondering that, at least the second part; picking things back up after an awkward phase seems natural, yeah. The conversation began with "Max was an rear end in a top hat" and it went from there. She absolutely was.

We're spoiling everything, I guess in case new folks show up. Pretty annoying and I think it should only really be necessary for a week or so after a new episode is released, not all the time; this game isn't that popular.

Tampering with the rails makes it so lumber can't be delivered anymore according to Chloe right after you save her, as for the Warren movie night I don't think it can really have an effect other than having it be brought up in dialogue, since the actual event is way after friday

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
Release times:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Nice, I can play it today after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Makes sense it would release at midnight in the UK.

So 8pm today it gods timezone then!

• Locked thread