Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Eej posted:

But they got a block skill that summons a giant shield around themselves, a self buff that shields their raid from damage and a powerful single target heal.

Besides the name Paladin doesn't actually imply holiness unless you are basing all of that off of the D&D archetype instead of actual paladins.

Yeah I meant the D&D archetype not the IRL variety, sorry, thought I'd implied that. Also I know fuckall abput their HW skills so I rather forgot them :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

pandaK posted:

I was more looking for a guide on how to get the base program to work. I have ACT up in admin mode and with the FFXIV plugin that it came with, but it's still not parsing anything.

Add an exception to your firewall or disable parsing from network data

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So how are you DRGs keybinding everything? Having a hard time trying to get something setup that I will be comfortable with. And I don't want to start plugging stuff in until I get my HW abilities.

pandaK posted:

I was more looking for a guide on how to get the base program to work. I have ACT up in admin mode and with the FFXIV plugin that it came with, but it's still not parsing anything.

It has directions on it to get it working. The only thing it omits is to uncheck something with the network. At work right now so can't check.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

So what else is there to do until the next content patch comes out? Like what's going to keep y'all subscribed for the next few months?

If you're playing for just PvE your options right now are pretty pathetic, I'd say unsub.

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe you should have rolled on Excalibur. :colbert:

Based on his post what the hell would this get him besides the possibility of being in a static? PBC/DGKK doesn't just spontaneously generate PvE content out of nowhere.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Etrips posted:

So how are you DRGs keybinding everything? Having a hard time trying to get something setup that I will be comfortable with. And I don't want to start plugging stuff in until I get my HW abilities.

1-5,qertfgzxv, with shift alt ctrl modifiers to whatever feels good.
The rotation is definitely not as comfortable as 50 was, but that's just because of how tight you need to be.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Jia posted:

Add an exception to your firewall or disable parsing from network data

It was this, thanks.

Etrips posted:

I have an MMO mouse so my binds are visually set up to correspond to how they're arranged on the thumbpad:

The introduction of the HW skills threw me for a loop, but I seem to have figured it out by simply rebinding a new row to the number line on top. The rest of HW's skills will go up there replacing the repeat skills I currently have.

E: Though actually now that I look at it further, I guess I could put the two positional combo skills in the alt+3 and alt+6 slots to make the flow make sense... But then that'd ruin the concept of alt being my defensive modifier, drat this is complicated.

EE: I could also just axe having a shared bar for the fourth row and move over combat skills onto them, but then I wouldn't have convenient access to a shared hotbar...

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 25, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ciaphas posted:

I'd like Paladin more, aesthetically, with one/any of A) more things to do with their shield, or B) more focus on the "holy" aspect implied by the name Paladin (yes I know it's "Knight" in JP, shut the gently caress up). I've always loved the "Smite Thee With The Power of the Lord GOD" archetype in video games (think D&D clerics, here, or the Crusader from Diablo 3) and was quite disappointed that Paladin just doesn't really pan out that way. (Circle of Scorn is their coolest ability IMO for this reason)

(edit: or hell, the Crusader--and indeed Priests in general--in DFO since we have a few DFO avatars in here. Rad aesthetic on that class.)

I want them to steal the EQ cleric/WoW paladin gimmick of summoning hammers and throwing them at people

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
This is what mine looks like (please ignore junk over on the right hand side, I haven't touched that since I got to 60). It's by no means the most efficient way I could have this set up, most of it is muscle memory.

Any suggestions on reorganizing it would be appreciated, everything feels like it could be tighter but nothing I try feels like it works.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ignimbrite posted:

This is what mine looks like (please ignore junk over on the right hand side, I haven't toucherd that since I got to 60). It's by no means the most efficient way I could have this set up, most of it is muscle memory.

Any suggestions on reorganizing it would be appreciated, everything feels like it could be tighter but nothing I try feels like it works.

You should bind stuff to q e r t f g c v b and ` and shift+` while you're at it. You don't need to be straining your hands across a full goddamn octave to hit ctrl+6 or whatever.

Also mouse 4 and 5 if you have 'em.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I have 3 more tool bars for armory sets, choboshit, and random stuff. Basically anything not important I just click.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
Dragoon keybinds, you say

Alt-numpad binds are a relic from leveling Ninja; I click the vast majority of my offGCDs, but it works for me. I could probably stand to include Shift 1-5 but it's not especially comfortable.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

These bindings work really well for me, but they're based around using W and R as my only movement keys. That leaves my middle finger resting on 3, which is why my combo starters are bound there.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

This works well for me with my mmo mouse. I have a seperate bar with limit break and pvp skills. Still need to move things around a bit on the right side to make room for strength potions.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Play warrior if you enjoy not being allowed to hit any of your oGCD's because they will interrupt your 123. Or play awesome DRK where you can hit everything whenever the gently caress you want. And you get to use a giant AWESOME Sword. Axes are for chopping down tress not fighting bad dudes.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Holyshoot posted:

Play warrior if you enjoy not being allowed to hit any of your oGCD's because they will interrupt your 123. Or play awesome DRK where you can hit everything whenever the gently caress you want. And you get to use a giant AWESOME Sword. Axes are for chopping down tress not fighting bad dudes.

It's true. Warriors are just very confused Botanists.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I use 1-3 for full thrus, 4-6 for chaos thrust. Alt+1 is phlebotomize. Alt2&3 are my flank and rear funishers. Jumps and leg sweeps fill out the rest of the numbers. Most defensive cool downs and buffs are on my third hotbar or above the jumps and I just click those with my mouse.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm looking for a WVR that can HQ the BLM caster chest. PM me or message me in game (The Melusine) if I'm online.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

On last page's Ravana parse chat, I'd like to second the emphasis that it depends a lot on how fast the kill overall is. You'll see very different parse numbers from a group that kills him during, say, Swift/Final Liberation than from a group that has all the post-Final Liberation downtime, then a shell and a low-damage-taken stance to beat through, then jump and knockback downtime, then running around with orbs chasing you downtime, before finally killing him during the random Liberation.

Focus more on a. checking your target dummy DPS if you want a "DPS in a vacuum" number to compare to other people in general, b. maximizing your survival (priority 1) and uptime (priority 2) on Ravana, and c. comparing your Ravana personal DPS numbers to your Ravana companions' personal DPS numbers. If you have any long-cooldown abilities they're best saved for Liberation phases when he takes extra damage.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Play warrior if you enjoy not being allowed to hit any of your oGCD's because they will interrupt your 123.

Uh, what?

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Play warrior if you enjoy not being allowed to hit any of your oGCD's because they will interrupt your 123.

I have no idea what this means.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klades posted:

Uh, what?

Clearly this goon is kind enough to inform us that Tomahawk, Overpower, and Fracture are off the GCD now.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's true. Warriors are just very confused Botanists.

when the only tool you have is an axe, all your problems are trees

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Rebind ESDF for movement, now you have access to way more keys than before.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

I want them to steal the EQ cleric/WoW paladin gimmick of summoning hammers and throwing them at people

I'd rather them go all in and steal the Warrior Priest.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MohShuvuu posted:

Nope can't do it. Impossible at this point to switch.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

MohShuvuu posted:

This, also rebind D to interact or something cuz theres no need to backpedal ever. (except maybe tanks or something i dunno)

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Pews posted:

This, also rebind D to interact or something cuz theres no need to backpedal ever. (except maybe tanks or something i dunno)

Legacy movement D has you turn around and run instead of backpedal. Really useful for a tank.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Well, hell, now I need to roll a MRD named Confused Botanist and glamour a bunch of gathering gear

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Pews posted:

Backpedal was incredibly important on Bards before they added WM cause if you turned away from the boss you'd lose autoattacks. It's way less important now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pews posted:

And remove my ability to roleplay being surprised!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vil posted:

Clearly this goon is kind enough to inform us that Tomahawk, Overpower, and Fracture are off the GCD now.

Whoops I was wrong but I am pretty sure drk version of over power is on the global cool down and doesn't interrupt your 123. As well as the aoe that you can dark arts to heal you. Basically drk have very few skills that interrupt their 123 which is what I was getting at.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Unleash is basically Flash with damage and won't interrupt your weapon skills. Abyssal Drain is ranged Overpower and will interrupt your combos.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Whoops I was wrong but I am pretty sure drk version of over power is on the global cool down and doesn't interrupt your 123. As well as the aoe that you can dark arts to heal you. Basically drk have very few skills that interrupt their 123 which is what I was getting at.

Number of GCD skills DRK has that don't interrupt a combo: 1
Number of GCD skills DRK has that do interrupt a combo: 3

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Warrior at 50 has two GCDs that don't interrupt a combo and one is an aoe.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Things I want to bitch about today:
1.) FATE parties closing recruitment to tank classes
2.) Pubbies not healing you when you tank a FATE boss for them.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I just wanted to say there are a lot of idiots in here who like to swing their big dumb axes around, but nothing's cooler than being a strong, handsome popular paladin with a big cool shield and a neat sword with which to kill nerds and losers.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The trick is to not be a tank class. I always have pubbies heal me when I tank a FATE boss as a machinist!

It seriously happens way too often. And I have a hell of a time losing hate, apparently FATE group tanks and dps are hilariously awful.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

No need to compensate so hard Mr. Axeman

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

btw, if any fate group isn't just open to whoever, then its run by lovely dirtbags who deserve no respect. Pretending to need a certain comp for fate grinding is the most asinine tryhard poo poo in the history of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'll tell you why Paladin sucks.

If you're opting for drops, you need two drops for your sword and board.

• Locked thread