Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Haha, holy crap, the boos as sky go through the corners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The gap is out to nearly a minute.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Gap + bonus considered we're nearly to a minute differential... wow.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

The gap is out to nearly a minute.

1m2s apparently, another minute and with the time bonus he'll be insanely close

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

yeah, that still is my favorite picture of Adam Hansen ever.
Man, why can't he be a GC contender?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Lol @ Porte still working it.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
Quintana riding up the alpe smiling :eyepop:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nairo rode both ways uphill to school on a 30 lb mountainbike so this should feel easy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Portes closing it down.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

newreply.php posted:

Quintana riding up the alpe smiling :eyepop:

That'll be all the drugs.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao sky guy riding that motorbike there!

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

lol at hesjedal closing the gap to quintana

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Gaps starting to balloon now. Dont think it will be enough.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

gently caress we need more road

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps they shouldn't have left this to the final loving day.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

gently caress we need more road

I think Quintanas at the end of his reserves tbh.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

too little too late. ah well.
good job pinot

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

What a shame :(

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:canada:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Eurosport guys started tearing up when Quintana came over the line.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Man that was awesome, such a shame it wasn't enough. Would have been if it wasn't for portes rebirth. I think they turned off the microphone from the moto toward the end so we couldn't hear the boos

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Good stage! Looking forward to next year to see how sky cope without Porte.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

..as they said on the TV "Froome wins, but the last stage makes it a win without much luster".

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Good stage! Looking forward to next year to see how sky cope without Porte.

They will have Majka on the Sky program next year ...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mattah posted:

They will have Majka on the Sky program next year ...

And Landa.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Man that was awesome, such a shame it wasn't enough. Would have been if it wasn't for portes rebirth. I think they turned off the microphone from the moto toward the end so we couldn't hear the boos

Quintana lost the tour by the time he lost on the run in to Zelande.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

And Landa.

Quintana lost the tour by the time he lost on the run in to Zelande.

Yeah movistar really need to sort out the riding in crosswinds thing for next year

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Too bad Nibali wasn't up there to help kill Froome.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
To be fair to Froome, he was pretty tolerant of all the poo poo that's been (literally sometimes) thrown at him. If that had happened to Wiggins I could have seen him getting off the bike and punching people!

Bring on the Vuelta!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Nibali was no threat to Froome and the stage win was off the table considering his condition they'd not have reacted to him.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Also I hope Pinot spends the next year improving his descents, because he's such a good climber it's a shame he always loses the advantage he gains on the climbs, coming down the other side.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

IndustrialApe posted:

..as they said on the TV "Froome wins, but the last stage makes it a win without much luster".

This is the sort of thing people say when they forget his performance on Stage 10. Where he gapped Quintana by 1:04 coming into the line.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Xir posted:

This is the sort of thing people say when they forget his performance on Stage 10. Where he gapped Quintana by 1:04 coming into the line.

They were mostly talking about how Neeltje Jans had such an influence on everyone attacking (and besting) Froome in the last week. It reminded me of 1999 when Armstrong was #1 and Zülle in second place eventually lost the tour because he was behind a fall in one of the first stages.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Gibbo posted:

I'd love to get Lemond slightly drunk and just get him talking about Lance and Froome and everything off camera.

A fantastic story teller IRL. He stopped by the office last year. Don't get why he isn't better on TV.

Paddyb posted:

"I'd like Ryder Hesjedal to win on the Alpe d'Huez today" is a thought I actually just had.

I know. Crazy world. Bummed Garmin couldn't pull anything out of the tour.

Great to see Movistar attempt bicycle racing with tactics though.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Xir posted:

Wish he'd done more of that.

I don't begrudge him yellow, but Nibali went for stage wins all last year. I'd rather watch ridiculous crushing attacks than his team just marking everyone.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nibali went for stage wins because his closest competition was fuckin Bardet and Pinot.

And someone else caught on camera spitting on Froome.

http://gfycat.com/FrighteningCompetentDove

He's already been named and shamed online.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 25, 2015

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Don't spit on people wtf?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Macasaurus posted:

Wish he'd done more of that.

I don't begrudge him yellow, but Nibali went for stage wins all last year. I'd rather watch ridiculous crushing attacks than his team just marking everyone.

The reaction the one time he did that probably discouraged them once they had a solid lead. Sky should probably have pushed harder in the Pyrenees where they were clearly stronger though.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ted Ed Fred posted:

To be fair to Froome, he was pretty tolerant of all the poo poo that's been (literally sometimes) thrown at him. If that had happened to Wiggins I could have seen him getting off the bike and punching people!
Which I'd much rather watch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was saying Froo-oome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Oh all of a sudden Froome is upset about foreign substances on/in his body? More people should spit on him. Especially if he's got the freaking polka dot jersey ffs, what a lovely joke.