Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Okay but to be fair, that was becoming apparent with the monster belt Fourze had.

And then Wizard happened

And then Gaim

God I just want another Double. I'm willing to settle for a Double quality series.

Jesus Christ are there tw people saying that Gaim was worse than Wizard in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Gaim was amazing and I hope ghost can be even a third that quality.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jivjov posted:

Let's not be hyperbolic: Gaim was good for about 40 episodes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

They really need to ditch the two episode format entirely. It's what made Drive really tiresome for me.

Heh, Drive was tire-some.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Gaim was pretty alright.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I hope Ghost has everything I liked from Gaim and nothing that I hated.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I hope it brings everyone in the thread together to say "Yeah, this is awesome!"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I hope that Drive sticks its landing.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Literally The Worst posted:

its really sad watching some of the good fights early on in kiva and knowing the only way i can get more is to put up with TVN

Just watch it raw. It's not like you actually want the story of Kiva.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Some Numbers posted:

Same.

It's been pretty decent so far, but the ending will probably be the deciding factor between "good" and "alright".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

Just watch it raw. It's not like you actually want the story of Kiva.

The first episode has surprisingly good, for tvn, video quality. Then I skipped ahead a bit and nope dog poo poo

I should just grab the DVDs

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Some Numbers posted:

I actually feel like if Drive has a satisfying ending, it may surpass Double as my favorite Kamen Rider series. Also surprised at so much Gaim hate, I thought it was the best iteration of the Rider Wars idea out of the 4 series I consider Rider War shows.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
If I'm remembering right, the overall path of Gaim Opinion went from "That suit is stupid" to "At least it's not Wizard" to "Hey this isn't too bad even if the dancing sucks" to "HEY THIS IS REALLY GREAT" to everything becoming a muddled mess right at the end that has somehow poisoned all of what came before. It's not perfect but it's better than a lot of other seasons and it's not loving Wizard oh god.

Gaim is full of missed opportunities, but at least the results were an exciting kind of mess. Wizard was just a squandered concept from start to finish, and thoroughly mediocre.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

FeatherFloat posted:

If I'm remembering right, the overall path of Gaim Opinion went from "That suit is stupid" to "At least it's not Wizard" to "Hey this isn't too bad even if the dancing sucks" to "HEY THIS IS REALLY GREAT" to everything becoming a muddled mess right at the end that has somehow poisoned all of what came before. It's not perfect but it's better than a lot of other seasons and it's not loving Wizard oh god.

Gaim is full of missed opportunities, but at least the results were an exciting kind of mess. Wizard was just a squandered concept from start to finish, and thoroughly mediocre.

Basically, yeah. When Gaim is bad it is disastrous but when it's good it is amazing. The primary problem is that its ending leadup and final episode are firmly in the "bad" side, even if its actual ending is not.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Wizard's bad because it has a few REALLY strong gems in there, like 5-6 loving incredible episodes. However they're watched at the expense of the ENTIRE REST OF THE SHOW.

Gaim's really good, but at some point after the script was finished they forgot to padlock the Urobochi cage and he got out and hosed it all up

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 23, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Some Numbers posted:

Let's not be hyperbolic: Gaim was good for about 40 episodes.

The only issue I had with Gaim's ending was the final episode; I didn't really feel like the series needed a non-Kouta epilogue episode.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rei_ posted:

Gaim's bad because it has a few REALLY strong gems in there, like 5-6 loving incredible episodes. However they're watched at the expense of the ENTIRE REST OF THE SHOW.

I'd say it was more episodes than that and I don't particularly care for the show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Potsticker posted:

I'd say it was more episodes than that and I don't particularly care for the show.

Yes we get it you like Wizard, you can stop reminding us how awful your taste is constantly

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

Yes we get it you like Wizard, you can stop reminding us how awful your taste is constantly

Wizard was not even mentioned? :confused:

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Potsticker posted:

Wizard was not even mentioned? :confused:

Rei_ posted:

Wizard's bad because it has a few REALLY strong gems in there, like 5-6 loving incredible episodes. However they're watched at the expense of the ENTIRE REST OF THE SHOW.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hahaha. I'm on my phone and didn't see he edited his post. Sorry, Rei_!

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

mikeycp posted:

Gaim was pretty alright.

I'm down with this post.

TBH I probably would've liked it more had I not seen weirdos fall all over themselves to drool over how great it was because it was written by Urobuchi

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gaim was a good series. Better than Wizard. Worse than W. Probably about as good as OOO, give or take. Definitely less friendly than Fourze.

Masked bugmen are good, you guys. Masked fruitmen too. And masked triple-animal men. And masked spacemen. And masked...letter...men...what is W meant to be again?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Gaim was a good series. Better than Wizard. Worse than W. Probably about as good as OOO, give or take. Definitely less friendly than Fourze.

Masked bugmen are good, you guys. Masked fruitmen too. And masked triple-animal men. And masked spacemen. And masked...letter...men...what is W meant to be again?

Drugs?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Masked Elemental Detectivemen (Hey, Metal's an element!)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Masked Elemental Detectivemen (Hey, Metal's an element!)

So's Luna! The element of illusions and stretchiness!

Fang element is cool too.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Rei_ posted:

Gaim's really good, but at some point after the script was finished they forgot to padlock the Urobochi cage and he got out and hosed it all up

I'm pretty sure Decade only shows up in 2 episodes, not 5 or 6.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Manju arc was good, the arc with Haruto's old teacher was good, the first episode with Beasts grandmother was good, and the Decade episodes were fun

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The W is supposed to symbolize Double. As in how there's two detectives as one. :v:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really liked wizard I mostly watch toku shows for the cool costumes and toys and fighting and wizard was really cool about that Wizard's only big problem was the cast wasn't great. I like Haruto and Nito and Gremlin but everyone else was varying tiers of trash. Also the Wizardriver is literally the best belt. (yes better than decade's) followed By W's. I stopped watching in the middle of Gaim due to work and the show not holding my interest. Honestly I put Wizard on the same level as OOO's I wasn't a fan of OOO's costumes at all but the rest of the show was fun enough.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SKELETON SWORD

HAND MUSKET

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yesssssssss.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I dunno, I'm pretty sure that's a hand gun

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Please please be good ghost.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ghost forms!

Edison Soul

Newton Soul

Musashi Soul

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Ghost, please don't be awful

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I really really dig the suit design.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Edison huh

Sometimes I think Japan has a weird grasp of gravity

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
No, Edison is one in the Pikachu hoodie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
HOODIE RIDER BEST RIDER

• Locked thread