Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
INRI has pissed off the bad forums posters and their mods with his posting skills

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the dancing sudowoodo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

I liked the dancing sudowoodo

ill get it baclk tomorrow. theres a rule that says i have to keep an avatar that someone buys me for 24 hours before i get it changed back for free

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice. in honor of your av I will resume playing blood borne and not witcher 3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im at the great ithyll chalice and i just got past the first floor, so glad to be done with the cursed defiled chalice.

theres a story abhorrent beast? i thought it was just a dungeon monster

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

im at the great ithyll chalice and i just got past the first floor, so glad to be done with the cursed defiled chalice.

you only fight it in the chalice dungeons

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

someone went through the effort to compile all of the games dialogue, and its massively enjoyable to me and maybe you

Youtube playlist

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

If you can get by the defiled chalice dungeon, you can do anything.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The suspicious beggar turns into Abhorrent Beast outside the cathedral if you rescue him

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it really sucks that a lot of people prolly miss out on the chalice bosses and just play through the story. the chalices had some of the most fun and challenging bosses in the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i didn't do any chalice poo poo on my first play through. it was cool making a new character and having a shitload of new content to do even after i beat the game

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bobnumerotres posted:

Attack the Beggar in the Forbidden Woods.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beggar apparently disappears once you get the blood moon :(

i feel like all the giant bosses (blood letting beast, paarl, etc.) are kind of weak because they have some extremely questionable hitboxes and they pull all sorts of bullshit if you get under them. if you get into a sweetspot with ebrietas where her attacks cant hit you at all she will straight up just leap into the air with no warning and it could deal a minor amount of damage or it could completely loving crush you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that has been true of all souls dog style bosses, think about how wonky the Sif fight always was

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the worst was the royal rat authority in DS2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im fighting the queen and shes not bad but i just get randomly stunned all the time idgi

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm pretty sure the stun is an aoe she does around herself. Basically just hit her a couple times then back off, I remember having to dart in and out while fighting her never doing more than a few hits at a time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cainhurst is optional?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah you dont have to do any of it. you should do it cause theres a boss and some cool weapons and armor and secrets and stuff but if you want to beat the game as fast as possible its just a dead end ultimately

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah you dont have to do any of it. you should do it cause theres a boss and some cool weapons and armor and secrets and stuff but if you want to beat the game as fast as possible its just a dead end ultimately

that's fine but now I'm confused as to where I need to go to progress. I'm at martyr's boss gate now and I've co-oped a bunch on him just to try to learn his moves.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
what other bosses have you beat so far?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what other bosses have you beat so far?

The last two I've beaten were vicar Amelia and Paarl. Then I learned cainhurst is really cool so I went for that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

beggar apparently disappears once you get the blood moon :(

i feel like all the giant bosses (blood letting beast, paarl, etc.) are kind of weak because they have some extremely questionable hitboxes and they pull all sorts of bullshit if you get under them. if you get into a sweetspot with ebrietas where her attacks cant hit you at all she will straight up just leap into the air with no warning and it could deal a minor amount of damage or it could completely loving crush you

i dont think theres anything questionable about their hitboxes. paarl does splash damage and most of them stun you for a second and do a tiny amount of damage if they jump into you. theres also a counter hit mechanic in which u take 1.5x damage if youre attacked while youre in the middle of dodging or attacking yourself

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ok after amelia theres a bunch of optional stuff you can do like cainhurst or the witches or the school of mensis, and you should do all those, but if you wanna progress the story go back to the door that asks you for the password in the chapel area that you could do nothing with before because now you have the password and it will open for you.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the path to the password door is off to the side of that church giant graveyard, behind one of the assumedly now sleeping giants

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo that's right I got captured in the forbidden woods. So this is where I needed to go

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ok after amelia theres a bunch of optional stuff you can do like cainhurst or the witches or the school of mensis, and you should do all those, but if you wanna progress the story go back to the door that asks you for the password in the chapel area that you could do nothing with before because now you have the password and it will open for you.

i was stuck at this part too. no loving indication youre supposed to head back there. once youre actually at the forest theres no more fuckery like that though

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think theres anything questionable about their hitboxes. paarl does splash damage and most of them stun you for a second and do a tiny amount of damage if they jump into you. theres also a counter hit mechanic in which u take 1.5x damage if youre attacked while youre in the middle of dodging or attacking yourself

yeah it sucks for the big fights because the rolls dont give you as many i. frames as the sidesteps, and locking onto paarl and such is loving bad. so if you mess up a roll you take a huge chunk of damage

also all of them have all sorts of side swipes that are meant to counter the player going under the boss and lol they hit loving behind them with those sometimes and it's annoying as hell. amygdala is a really good boss fight though, staying in front of it and locking on actually works, it just feels terrible with every other giant dude

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shadows beat on the first try, shoutout to my coop person

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Amygdala is my favorite boss fight.... I can basically do that poo poo one-handed now lol, its so fun making little duck and weaves to dodge huge rear end arms flailing everywhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Amygdala is my favorite boss fight.... I can basically do that poo poo one-handed now lol, its so fun making little duck and weaves to dodge huge rear end arms flailing everywhere

Theres no way you could beeat it one handed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a new fight stick for ps4 and it has a cool option that turns the stick into either the left or right analog stick or d-pad by moving a switch around. i might boot up bloodborne today and see how far i can get using the stick.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anti-hunter with insane attack strength and huge health =(

Spider insta killed me :mad:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

i like amygdala too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

amygdala is one of the only bosses to have never killed me so im a big fan as well

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate this spider

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I hate this spider

what spider?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

what spider?

Rom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

rom gave me more trouble than every other boss combined. the secret is to just go apeshit and ignore the little spiders, if u play too defensively you will lose