Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Klaus88 posted:

I'd prefer if goons not read too much into WHAT I'M HOPING is subtext in a children's cartoon you freaking goony goonish :goonsay:.

I agree. What's wrong with gals just being pals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I, too, am surprised that when lots of people are starting to demand diversity, complex women and gays in media, something full of diversity, complex women and gays has hit a nerve.

Klaus88 posted:

I'd prefer if goons not read too much into WHAT I'M HOPING is subtext in a children's cartoon you freaking goony goonish :goonsay:.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Shut up and post weird/awesome fanart. Preferably of media properties that I personally enjoy.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Wanamingo posted:

I'm pretty sure he means Lapis and... what's her face. The other one whose name I forget.

You mean

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Steven Universe has also been on the air for almost 2 years and has yet to have a billion fan-made conventions, creep out/stalk/harass any of the actors, or have the fans make a documentary about how Totally Not Gay they are while television's John de Lancie sings about masturbating to a children's cartoon.

I mean poo poo, even T-Pain has a gemsona:

somewhat unrelated:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

Shut up and post weird/awesome fanart. Preferably of media properties that I personally enjoy.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Look I like SU as much as the next gay, but i dont start goin off on a tangent everytime someone mentions it.

Murderist
Aug 30, 2013
Man I loved Bunnicula, so I searched for The Celery Stalks at Midnight fanart and there was a bunch of Applejack pony images and I felt really bad about myself. :( Thanks, internet/Fanart SA thread UGH.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I don't know what's worse, people "ironically" posting fetish art or cartoon derails.

who said anyone was posting ironically

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Ross and Barry of Game Grumps are playing Pokemon Art Academy.

SpiritualDeath has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Jul 26, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm supremely disappointed that you didn't post this one instead:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Klaus88 posted:

This poor man-child is too far gone to save. :negative:

Uncle Grandpa used the word "gemsona" in an amazing crossover episode.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pick posted:

And I guess a tumblr page was set up by the animations of the show from that character's point of view where he put up some drawings of his gemsona and submitted it to some stephen universe fan wiki thing of original characters and it got denied lol

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
steven universe is the second advent of bronyism and should be mocked just as severely

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just think it's hilarious that there's lesbians in a kid's show and they're getting away with it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hihohe posted:

Look I like SU as much as the next gay, but i dont start goin off on a tangent everytime someone mentions it.

See that's how you know something has reached Homestuck/MLP levels.

e. And it's kinda too late.

mycot has a new favorite as of 06:50 on Jul 26, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I just think it's hilarious that there's lesbians in a kid's show and they're getting away with it.

I'm sure you're just laughing at bigoted people, but man, you should really think of a better way to phrase that.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Lizard Wizard posted:

Every time this gif loops an evangelical christian dies. Like, just drops dead without explanation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

I'm sure you're just laughing at bigoted people, but man, you should really think of a better way to phrase that.

THE FORBIDDEN RACE

LESBIANS

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bluemillion posted:

Every time this gif loops an evangelical christian dies. Like, just drops dead without explanation.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alouicious posted:

THE FORBIDDEN RACE

LESBIANS

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Screaming Idiot posted:

steven universe is the second advent of bronyism and should be mocked just as severely

There's definitely something off about it. Heaps of its fan art is either self-insert, fetish or slash just like MLP's.

Shows like Archer, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls have been on longer, get their share of bizarre fan art, but more rarely provoke fans into drawing out their kinks.*

*I'm not saying they don't get any. No need to prove me wrong - or do prove me wrong, whatever. This is the weird fan art thread

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pick posted:

Earlier in that episode, Uncle Grandpa declared that the episode is non-canon. Then he uses a cannon to launch his head ("headcannon") at a ship carrying two characters the fandom likes to ship, sinking it.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Technically a threesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hard counter posted:

There's definitely something off about it. Heaps of its fan art is either self-insert, fetish or slash just like MLP's.

I don't think I've seen slash, other than the one couple that's a couple.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

hard counter posted:

Shows like Archer, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls have been on longer, get their share of bizarre fan art, but more rarely provoke fans into drawing out their kinks.*

*I'm not saying they don't get any. No need to prove me wrong - or do prove me wrong, whatever. This is the weird fan art thread

I read this post and I think what you are saying is we need to start making self insert Kriegersonas, right?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pick posted:

...so are you actively seeking it out to know this? :v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

hard counter posted:

It's the exact same thing like Sonic the Hedgehog or My Little Pony. It's deliberately extremely easy to self-insert onto for kids to play pretend. (But this is the internet, where the children are 30 year olds, so a lot of sexual frustration gets mixed in too.)

mycot has a new favorite as of 07:12 on Jul 26, 2015

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Bluemillion posted:

John C Wright had a huge meltdown over Korra finale, so this should hopefully explode his brain and kill him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

...so are you actively seeking it out to know this? :v:

Pick having knowledge of animation fandom really isn't anything new or surprising.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

mycot posted:

It's the exact same thing like Sonic the Hedgehog or My Little Pony. It's deliberately extremely easy to self-insert onto for kids to play pretend. (But this is the internet, where the children are 30 year olds, so a lot of sexual frustration gets mixed in too.)

Entirely too reasonable.

Light Gun Man posted:

I read this post and I think what you are saying is we need to start making self insert Kriegersonas, right?

Sure, just make them a kind of krieger clone.

Pick posted:

While I don't which of them make up the actual couple, I've think I've seen enough combinations now that it doesn't matter.

Unrelated, what's it called when someone draws out their persona and then draws that persona boning their favorite character - I'm sure there's a more elegant term for that brand of self-insertion.

hard counter has a new favorite as of 07:30 on Jul 26, 2015

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
original krieger, do not steal

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
My Kreigsona is called Beemer and he's a ex-Nazi scientist turned good, but he is tempted by his roots to turn back to evil. And his wife is Anastasiya, who's based on old soviet cartoons.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Mycroft Holmes posted:

original krieger, do not steal

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It's common sense, but doesn't go without saying: liking a thing is fine, but going overboard with it isn't fine. This applies to anything made, but it's loving hilarious when that thing is a children's show.

Also, Kreigersonas have already been made. They were all the SCP scientist self-inserts before the purge.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why don't you know how to love.

Unrelated: mid-transformation faces are still great.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Does album art count?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Nanomashoes posted:

Does album art count?

That's just vaporwave_album.jpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU