Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

rom gave me more trouble than every other boss combined. the secret is to just go apeshit and ignore the little spiders, if u play too defensively you will lose

I'll try this on my next go around but I just want to say I think this boss is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

I'll try this on my next go around but I just want to say I think this boss is garbage

smh... rom is cool as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rom is a cool boss

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

smh... rom is cool as hell

You are the loving man what you said worked. Playing offensively... who knew that would make this fight fun?!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rom is a cool boss in the story

fighting it in a cramped room in the chalice dungeon is basically the worst thing in the game though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in the very first root chalice i made (sz/alien chalice) i found a lost ludwig's sword in the first bonus room, highest tier eye rune, uncanny sawblade, and a ton of curse babies. that loving ruled

on the downside there were like loving four NPC hunters per floor. one in particular was a nightmare, had an evelyn+threaded cane and would always fire at the right time, if it got me with a visceral it was just an instadeath

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

You are the loving man what you said worked. Playing offensively... who knew that would make this fight fun?!

ya it totally changes the fight. instead of being really tedious and frustrating its exciting and fun

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the room with the chest and the locked cage, where is the bell chime lady at? In unseen village. This whole place is a nightmare lol
Made it to TOR

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 26, 2015

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

frank.club posted:

That's why this game is so freaking good. If a boss is destroying you, it's because you HAVE to change your tactics. The game forces you to adapt or die.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm making the one reborn way harder than it is. Take care of the chime ladies first, but I'm putting out too little damage and his drop some guts on you attack gets me every time. I've had it to where the magic red circle appears right on me and kills me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

I think I'm making the one reborn way harder than it is. Take care of the chime ladies first, but I'm putting out too little damage and his drop some guts on you attack gets me every time. I've had it to where the magic red circle appears right on me and kills me

use a big weapon like kirkhammer or ludwigs in 2h mode .. they stun him more and he falls over a lot for like 10 seconds at a time. you can hit the little guy that represents its head for a lot of damage when he does it too

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

use a big weapon like kirkhammer or ludwigs in 2h mode .. they stun him more and he falls over a lot for like 10 seconds at a time. you can hit the little guy that represents its head for a lot of damage when he does it too

yeah i used ludwigs and he was one of the few bosses i didnt die on

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i just kill the bell ladies and go ham on the little tumor thing that the legs stick out of or w/e. i think its his weak spot or something because it staggers him real easy and you can literally just r1 until he dies. +10 blade of mercy + beast blood pellets kills him in like 20 seconds

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

i just kill the bell ladies and go ham on the little tumor thing that the legs stick out of or w/e. i think its his weak spot or something because it staggers him real easy and you can literally just r1 until he dies. +10 blade of mercy + beast blood pellets kills him in like 20 seconds

i assumed i couldnt get up to the bell ladies during the fight so i didnt try lol

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i just used the beast claws and pressed r1 a lot and won

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i assumed i couldnt get up to the bell ladies during the fight so i didnt try lol

I only found out because I summoned for that fight and the guy I summoned seemingly disappeared until I tracked him down spamming the point motion on the upper floor

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you keep an eye out for the bodies hit the floor attack TOR is real easy. you just hit R1 and if he ever lands a blow on you you just shoot up with blood vials

i appreciated the tower knight throwback with the bell ladies tho

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

01011001 posted:

this is the most effective one reborn strategy, or strat as it were

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there any weapon that's good to turn elemental? i feel like they always turn out really weak

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

is there any weapon that's good to turn elemental? i feel like they always turn out really weak

tonitrus. it's already elemental and it kicks some major freaking rear end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay. My ludwigs is only +5 at the moment so maybe that's why it's not doing so hot on T1R. I'm going to grind blood echoes for a bit here. I think I'm under leveled. This game doesn't have the same enemies stop re spawning thing like dark souls 2 right?
The corpse out of the chest monsters are way way too strong

frank.club fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 26, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Okay. My ludwigs is only +5 at the moment so maybe that's why it's not doing so hot on T1R. I'm going to grind blood echoes for a bit here. I think I'm under leveled. This game doesn't have the same enemies stop re spawning thing like dark souls 2 right?

if you have a heavy weapon like ludwigs or the hammer they should be no problem since you can hitstun them to death. but yeah, by the time you get to t1r you should have your main wep at +7

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just had my first invasion ever in NG+ nightmare frontier. dude found me in a small cave with my back against a wall and he had the high ground, couldve easily murdered me. instead he waved, and jogged out to the bridge. he did a duel bow, and on the very first move i shot him and did a visceral. he didn't heal because he was an honorable bro, and eventually he caught up with me and killed me, then bowed again

that was a neat experience

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

the corpse chest monsters are called cramped caskets which is FTW. but they're extremely poweful and murder you so I skip them. you should have a plus 8 or 9 weapon at that point and aso no enemies don't stop respawning

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the caskets are cool and also tough as hell but you can pretty much run past all the enemies in that area and not miss out on too much, especially if you already went through yahargul prior to rom

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to serpentine to the fog gate because their spit attack does half my health bar.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I have to serpentine to the fog gate because their spit attack does half my health bar.

there is a shortcut to that boss that only has like 2 dogs and a bell lady between the lantern and the fog gate

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

there is a shortcut to that boss that only has like 2 dogs and a bell lady between the lantern and the fog gate

I need to look around more in this game. Wait thinking back a found a way initially that didn't put me in aggro of the corpse boxes. I just forgot it when I rushed the middle path as I had a twenty thousand blood echo pool in T1R's room. I think I've lost 50,000 blood echoes to this area

frank.club fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 26, 2015

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

is this the one that involves the bath teleport? I do this every time because it's really fast and u don't have to fight anything

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

is this the one that involves the bath teleport? I do this every time because it's really fast and u don't have to fight anything

Yeah, it was the only way I ever did it, I didn't use the normal path uuntil my third playthrough just to see if I was missing anything

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

rediscover posted:

yeah, elevator down, jump off half way, bath teleport

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

RangerAce posted:

That's why this game is so freaking good. If a boss is destroying you, it's because you HAVE to change your tactics. The game forces you to adapt or die.

That's how I beat Ebriatas in Isz, I just went apeshit on her with the Burial Blade, she only hit me a grand total of once.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

yeah, elevator down, jump off half way, bath teleport

it's probably my fav shortcut in the game i can think of off top. it's pretty low key so discovering it for the first time and knowing I would never have to deal with the casket monsters ever again if i didn't want to made me feel like a BAMF

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

u can put fire gems in the saw cleaver since it gets 20% extra dmg to beasts and beasts r weak to fire. although , IDK if 27% physical gems are better.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

u should use the blood chunks to make it a +8. and those enemies aer supposed to be insanely strong... theres a few ways to avoid having to fight them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the cramped caskets are weak to elemental damage, but theyre still a pain in the rear end. its cool when they drop a blood gem tho

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

hot tip: lead the cramped caskets into the little bonfire things made out of skeletons and it will melt and neuter them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

hot tip: lead the cramped caskets into the little bonfire things made out of skeletons and it will melt and neuter them

hot tip 2: use the kirkhammer to keep them stunned till death for ez souls. actually, just use the kirkhammer. for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

hot tip 2: use the kirkhammer to keep them stunned till death for ez souls. actually, just use the kirkhammer. for everything

I used a Ludwig +8 in that area abd thy never posed any challenge