Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aurain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvgwnzJOLo

45 minute interview with Ariel Helwani discussing basically all aspects of what people might want to know about CM Punk.

You can tell even he knows he's screwed at UFC level fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Aurain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvgwnzJOLo

45 minute interview with Ariel Helwani discussing basically all aspects of what people might want to know about CM Punk.

cm punk and ariel together for 45 minutes is pretty much my personal version of hell

Bluedeanie posted:

That "The Time Is Now" huge groundbreaking press conference that turned into "we didn't get the deal signed yet lol" was supposed to be the CM Punk signing announcement.

Somehow that would have been even more underwhelming than what happened.

didnt that end up being the pettis comic book ufc poster thing though

im not really sure which was more underwhelming

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

triplexpac posted:

One of the craziest things I learned about wrestling is that they didn't book Butterbean vs Bart to punish Gunn for winning the tourney they set up for Dr. Death to win.

Like it made perfect sense: "Oh you beat our guy did you? Well now you have to fight Butterbean fucker"

But no they actually thought Gunn had a shot in that fight and wanted him to win.

Dr Death vs Alexey Ignashov is even sadder. Let's put an old wrestler in against a scary-dangerous kickboxer, sure that'll work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4T6layh2CU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He also downplayed the sponsorship stuff way more than he did in the Art of Wrestling interview. One of his biggest beefs there was Brock coming in with his own sponsors after he brought the idea to Vince and how he wasn't making the money he thinks he should be.

Then when it comes to the Reebok deal he's 'glad he doesn't have to pay someone to deal with sponsors' and 'if Reebok pays me 2500 for my first fight its 2500 I didn't have before.'

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

LobsterMobster posted:

Dr Death vs Alexey Ignashov is even sadder. Let's put an old wrestler in against a scary-dangerous kickboxer, sure that'll work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4T6layh2CU

God grounded kicks and knees loving own so much

Bring back Pride rules

Maybe only for matches where CM Punk is involved because seeing him take a soccer kick would just make my day

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He also downplayed the sponsorship stuff way more than he did in the Art of Wrestling interview. One of his biggest beefs there was Brock coming in with his own sponsors after he brought the idea to Vince and how he wasn't making the money he thinks he should be.

Then when it comes to the Reebok deal he's 'glad he doesn't have to pay someone to deal with sponsors' and 'if Reebok pays me 2500 for my first fight its 2500 I didn't have before.'
That was also his ~2013 opinion. By 2014 he was willing to let WWE steal his uncashed check.
I think he sees UFC as free money and doesn't really care too much now.

But imagine if they lured him into a lowball contract with the suggestion he'd make a killing on sponsors.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My name is CM Punk I'm the biggest star in the WWE and all I want is to main event Wrestlemania. And if it's not the main event then pay me like the main event.

Gawrsh the UFC is super swell I'm just happy to be here and I'll do my best. Hey, $2500! Radical!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
So he knows his worth

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Punk is going to make exponentially more money in the UFC than anyone of his skill and experience level deserves, so it'd be ridiculous for him to complain about sponsors or take up arms against the organization that's giving him extremely preferential treatment and hopes to see him win. Those 2500 dollars are still 2500 more than he or any other wrestler in the WWE not named Brock Lesnar were allowed to make from sponsors in the WWE.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Seems like a reasonable opinion for somebody with 50 million dollars in the bank to have.

The Reebok deal is pretty terrible for everybody who isn't already a millionaire though.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

Seems like a reasonable opinion for somebody with 50 million dollars in the bank to have.

The Reebok deal is pretty terrible for everybody who isn't already a millionaire though.

Who has 50 million in the bank?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Paulocaust posted:

Who has 50 million in the bank?

Not Punk, so I'm not sure what relevance it has.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hulk Hogan is going to revive his wrestling career as well as his Pride fighting career by stepping into the Octagon and introducing Punk to the largest arms in the world, Brother.

Hulk Hogan is just a punk and doesn't even have the largest in the world. How can you forget the Big Bad Booty Daddy?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Memento posted:

Not Punk, so I'm not sure what relevance it has.

I thought he said he has like 8 figures in the bank and couldn't ever possibly spend it all during his podcast with Colt Cabana. Whether it's 10 or 50 million, the point is the same.

Keg fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 25, 2015

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Keg posted:

Didn't he go on a rant during his tell-all podcast about the people who were saying he's going to end up broke because he couldn't possibly spend the 50 million dollars he has in his lifetime?

He would've had to be making like 10 million a year in WWE to have 50 in the bank. Sounds like a huge load of BS.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maybe he's including aj's money as well

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Keg posted:

I thought he said he has like 8 figures in the bank and couldn't ever possibly spend it all during his podcast with Colt Cabana. Whether it's 10 or 50 million, the point is the same.

See that's the worst thinking in the world, "Oh I couldn't possibly ever spend it all" Man, you have such a low bar for ways to spend your money. I could blow through 10 million in a week!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Anyway,

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"OH! That's tight Jericho is in trouble here Mik-oh he got out of it"

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What was he even going for?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Looks like a cross armbreaker...except he was on the wrong side, so Jericho also got the Greco-Roman rear end to Head.

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

What was he even going for?

A short-arm scissors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LulIcvJBwsM

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

bradzilla posted:

He would've had to be making like 10 million a year in WWE to have 50 in the bank. Sounds like a huge load of BS.

Brock's last WWE contract had him making five million a year, and his new one has him making even more than that. That's an outlier though, the other highest earners tend to make 1-1.5 million, two at most, with bonus money coming from merch royalties.

a quick google search says Punk is worth about 8 million.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I will laugh if punk fail at UFC, then come back to WWE expecting a huge contrat and title run, and end up jobbing to Cena at a B show PPV on Corpus Christi.

I kind of want to watch his first match at a sports bar and when get his rear end kicked I start chanting for triple H.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Cyron posted:

I will laugh if punk fail at UFC, then come back to WWE expecting a huge contrat and title run, and end up jobbing to Cena at a B show PPV on Corpus Christi.

I kind of want to watch his first match at a sports bar and when get his rear end kicked I start chanting for triple H.

You're weird.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
People here seem really angry at every decision Punk makes, for reasons that are a mystery to me.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

People here seem really angry at every decision Punk makes, for reasons that are a mystery to me.

they all bought his t-shirt and feel like he owes them

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I just personally think it would be hilarious. The fact that he's kind of a oval office makes it easier like... seriously all the best to the dude for getting out of a situation where he was sick and unhappy, I wish him all the best, but if he goes into his first fight after all that hooplah and gets knocked the gently caress out I'll laugh my rear end off.

I'll also applaud if he wins.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Onmi posted:

I just personally think it would be hilarious. The fact that he's kind of a oval office makes it easier like... seriously all the best to the dude for getting out of a situation where he was sick and unhappy, I wish him all the best, but if he goes into his first fight after all that hooplah and gets knocked the gently caress out I'll laugh my rear end off.

I'll also applaud if he wins.

Oh I do hope he win but I will laugh if he end up on his rear end.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Missspost

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Wrestling fans feel betrayed that he left

MMA fans feel insulted that a wrestler thinks he could hang.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I prefer to watch good mma fighters fight each other and then watch comedy shows for the funny stuff

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Also he's a bit of a wiener. And he poo poo his pants one time.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Roman Reigns posted:

both proud mma traditions

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

He could drop an offhanded comment about liking mustard and 5 minutes later this thread would be railing on him for dismissing ketchup.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
He'll probably end up being an average fighter for his age by the time he leaves UFC. He'll win and he will lose. He might sniff a title shot because of $$$$ but he won't win it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Roman Reigns posted:

Stone Cold got poo poo squished out of him by Yokozuna.

making GBS threads your pants is a time honored wrestling tradition.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

both proud mma traditions

lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I watched CM Punk vs. John Cena to see what the hoopla was all about and it was just both guys doing some sloppy spots and then the entire arena making GBS threads on John Cena. Oh what is Cena's gimmick again because I think he's supposed to be some kind of skateboarder or wigger something?

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he was a white rapper so i hated him in high school. now his gimmick is hulk hogan but not racist but he still dresses like that because gently caress it that's what he wore when he got big

• Locked thread