Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Going through Raid X2 I thought I could just solo all the content in RC2. I knew I was in trouble after the first round of full SBB's only took about 5% of Zenia's health and my mitigator's BB gauge didn't fill. Took 3 lives and thankfully someone joined me halfway. Finished it with like 2 minutes left. Raid seems really buggy too after the update.

Also, my 7* unit list is getting pretty big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

KataraniSword posted:

Dewey also hasn't put in GQ units (Lin, Graham) or any releases since the Ruby set (granted I think that's only the newest batch of 7*s and Deimos/Zenia, but still...). I'm getting tired of it being about two months behind.

I actually contacted him on Wednesday and he said he thought he'd have an update out this weekend.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I did the terminus on FH and got about a million points even. I need 1.3 million points to get the legwand gem. Could anybody tell me what I might do to score better?

I had Colt as a leader with Feeva/Kanon/Sheria/Rosetta on my team and a 7* Ultor as a buddy.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/

not shown on dewey: 7* Ultor, 5* Toutetsu

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Trebek posted:

Going through Raid X2 I thought I could just solo all the content in RC2. I knew I was in trouble after the first round of full SBB's only took about 5% of Zenia's health and my mitigator's BB gauge didn't fill. Took 3 lives and thankfully someone joined me halfway. Finished it with like 2 minutes left. Raid seems really buggy too after the update.

I seriously don't know what the gently caress is with Zenia. She's got the stats of a RC4 boss easy. And the other X2 raids are supposed to be harder, assumedly? :psyduck:

We're never actually going to make Tridon/Ultor's spheres, are we. :negative:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

I did the terminus on FH and got about a million points even. I need 1.3 million points to get the legwand gem. Could anybody tell me what I might do to score better?

I had Colt as a leader with Feeva/Kanon/Sheria/Rosetta on my team and a 7* Ultor as a buddy.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/

not shown on dewey: 7* Ultor, 5* Toutetsu

Try Rosetta lead, Medina, Shera, Kanon, Quaid, with a Feeva friend. Fujin Quaid, Rosetta, Feeva, Shera in the first round. You should be able to 2 turn kill every round from there on out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

I seriously don't know what the gently caress is with Zenia. She's got the stats of a RC4 boss easy. And the other X2 raids are supposed to be harder, assumedly? :psyduck:

I have a couple buddies with Tridon's Trident. :shrug:

Black Huntress
Oct 8, 2001

KataraniSword posted:

She's the only crazy outlier. Centurion (the RC4 boss who drops the Void Chunk) would probably be ghastly to try to solo, but I haven't had trouble getting a full room. Bring Fujins or accept the fact you'll lose a life.

The drop rate doesn't seem too bad; I've gotten two in I think five Exodus runs. Doesn't seem to drop if you don't get at least two stars, but that's anecdata.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Playing on the PC is both convenient and frustrating. It's nice because the game runs so smoothly and you can just leave it up and running while you do other things. It's hell on big bosses because they bug out and do things like spark on single target hits and cause insane damage even through mitigation, defense up, and attack down. I just had a Centurion with just his body left use one of his big attacks and it kept sparking on itself and killing me.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Trebek posted:

Try Rosetta lead, Medina, Shera, Kanon, Quaid, with a Feeva friend. Fujin Quaid, Rosetta, Feeva, Shera in the first round. You should be able to 2 turn kill every round from there on out.

Sounds like something to work toward, obviously medina and quaid aren't maxed out yet and I don't know if I'll be able to get them there quickly enough. So if I can't quite make it I'll try that for next FH. I know FH is different each month but are they close enough to each other that you could reasonably just use the same team each time?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I seriously wish gumi would allow me to disable autobattle whenever I want. That way I don't end up in a those rare situations where I mislick and can't back out because the autobattle won't let me stop a premature bb spam.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Well after a plowing through Raid X2, I managed to finally get the mats needed to craft both Zenia's and Tridon's spheres. :woop:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

Sounds like something to work toward, obviously medina and quaid aren't maxed out yet and I don't know if I'll be able to get them there quickly enough. So if I can't quite make it I'll try that for next FH. I know FH is different each month but are they close enough to each other that you could reasonably just use the same team each time?

Oh sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the max part. Maybe try Rosetta lead, Ulkina, Shera, Kuhla, Grah with a Feeva friend (Raaga/Ruby might work too). Fujin Rosetta, Grah, Shera, Feeva first round and just see how you do. Basically for Frontier hunter you want a BC generating lead with a BC fill on spark lead. Then fill the rest of the team out with a high hit count mitigator, status remover, high hit count BC generator (Lario type), and a elemental adder (Shida/Quaid).

I have no idea if the team above will work or not but at least you have all elements present and Grah to add light and dark to everyone. Fire him first every round,.

E: poo poo never mind your Grah isn't even maxed. Just try Selena or Kikuri in there then. Maybe?

Trebek fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 26, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

:negative: Everything I want to be maxed aren't maxed. Except colt and feeva those are cool dudes who are max imped and everything.

I've only been playing 3 months, maybe one day I'll actually be able to field a team HEH

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Yes.

I have three Larios for FH that form the core of my team. I add in a mitigator, element buffer and find a Rosetta/Raaga friend and just farm away.

I'm getting about 1.85M with

Ruby (leader)
Lario
Lario
Shida
Edea
Raaga (friend)

You still have a couple of days to go to go for that Legwand so its definitely doable.

How quickly are you killing the dudes in Terminus? You could try using Rosetta as a leader and grab someone an element changer friend like Grah/Shida/Quaid or another 40hit SBB unit like Lario or Ruby.

The aim to farming is to just get the enemy units to as low health as possible in the first two turns before blowing then away in the third with things like crit/spark buffs.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
im using Shida Colt Claire Feeva and a 5* shera and i can just autobattle the entire FH. this team wont get a legwand but i hit like 2mil in middle.

edit: the game is running like poo poo right now though.

edit edit: rng legwand

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 26, 2015

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wonder about how this game's files are structured. I'm doing runs of The Roar of Triumph to farm Fujin Potion materials and apparently the ferocious dragon atop the tower is MST_MONSTERS_1800_NAME.

Black Huntress
Oct 8, 2001

I take back my earlier remarks about RC4 X2 not being so bad; something seems fishy since the Android fix.

Last night Centurion was tedious but doable. Tonight, with a slightly better team (maxed Zenia, swapped Shera for newly hypermaxed Edea) it was a genuine struggle to stay alive. This was all three times, in full rooms with decent teams, so I doubt it was simply fucky RNG. Also, no more Void Chunks. :/

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I logged in this morning and got a gem from my daily. I log in tonight to do some FH and get welcomed by a restarted daily reward. :catstare: What the actual gently caress??

e: vvv :lol: Okay that made it all worthwhile. vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 26, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I logged in this morning and got a gem from my daily. I log in tonight to do some FH and get welcomed by a restarted daily reward. :catstare: What the actual gently caress??

Livin in the database, database whooaaaa

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Man this game sure loves to crash to desktop on the ipad. Is it called a desktop on an ipad?

In raids and grand quests it crashes maybe 1/5 fights or so, not sure what to do about it.

FFRK is prone to the same problem, maybe it's an issue with my ipad.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 26, 2015

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
A tip for frontier gate, the later ones will null your LSs without telling you, so you do need a cleanser for sure. Luckily i usually use Kanon so it's not a huge deal, but something to keep in mind.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Sloober posted:

A tip for frontier gate, the later ones will null your LSs without telling you, so you do need a cleanser for sure. Luckily i usually use Kanon so it's not a huge deal, but something to keep in mind.

What squad do you use? I'm been trying to clear 26-30 but I crap out on either Sefia/Kikuri or on 27 with that Ice boss that spam paralysis attacks.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Majinfefnir13 posted:

What squad do you use? I'm been trying to clear 26-30 but I crap out on either Sefia/Kikuri or on 27 with that Ice boss that spam paralysis attacks.

That's what i'm stuck on, although i noticed they're vulnerable to status debuffs - i took a hunter bonus that gave a chance at a random ailment. My team for it was Feeva/Aaron/Quaid/Rosetta/Colt + Kanon buddy. Might try Fadahl or another stat inflictor to see if that's enough to get over it. Might even drop Rosetta for someone like Tora too.

Having a cleanser is absolutely necessary though, and one that is immune without LSs. Kanon seems invaluable for it just because his LS is also very good so he's not even close to dead weight, and his ES makes him immune to statuses. Well, either do that or stick that immunity gem on everyone. The key to those doesn't seem to be beating them quickly but being able to survive their poo poo.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I finally got last 2 void chunks needed to craft both Ultor's and Deimos' spheres. :woop:

Seriously though screw Centurion on the Exodus raid mission, he seems ignore Tridon's LS + shield/DEF buff, Aurelia other DEF buff, Grah's LS along with mitigation from Edea and still oneshot my units.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I've been able to get through Centurion okay using a friends Deimo. I think the extra HP helps. Currently running Raaga lead/Edea/Quaid/Tridon/Ruby (for atk down).

Got Tridon's sphere done. When I finished that quest a ghost jewel dropped as well. Wondering if Gumi made the drop rate in that quest much higher or I need to buy a lottery ticket. If so it will suck to grind that quest for them, but better than grinding the other ones for a week to get one.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 26, 2015

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
I was having a hard time getting the timing down for TERMINUS but I think I've found a good strategy. My team is Colt (leader), Claire, Griel, Kikuri, and Quaid with Rosetta friend. I took Marauder set and fired off Quaid first, followed by Rosetta, Griel, and Kikuri. Then BB gauges fill off that plus damage during the fight for a two turn kill. I then followed the same pattern, saving Colt and Claire for the second turn SBB so I don't kill a single enemy before killing them all.

I managed to get just under 1.5 mill points doing this (3 turn kill, over kill, multi kill, and weak element)

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

inkblottime posted:

I managed to get just under 1.5 mill points doing this (3 turn kill, over kill, multi kill, and weak element)

what if you replaced:
Colt with Maxwell
Griel with Lario

more hits same buffs and if you brought a tridon friend to keep you alive and made quaid your leader you'd enjoy some nice LS buffs as well.

edit: deimos just let my garbage team hit 1.4 mil. (Feeva(L),Colt,claire,shida,5*shera)

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 26, 2015

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

echofriendly posted:

what if you replaced:
Colt with Maxwell
Griel with Lario

more hits same buffs and if you brought a tridon friend to keep you alive and made quaid your leader you'd enjoy some nice LS buffs as well.

edit: deimos just let my garbage team hit 1.4 mil. (Feeva(L),Colt,claire,shida,5*shera)

That worked pretty good. Slightly better score with less effort.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I'm trying to come up with a new raid squad.
http://dewey.zapto.org/units/127/?order=rarity%7Cdesc
Not included: 7* Edea, Loch, Tridon, Ultor, Zenia, Deimos

I'm currently running
Colt (L), Claire, Quaid, Zenia, Edea and usually either Raaga or Grah as my Friend

BC gen seems a little too low as I push into RC4. Any suggestions?

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Gerdalti posted:

new raid squad.

currently running
Colt (L), Claire, Quaid, Zenia, Edea

BC gen seems a little too low

Deimos(L), Kira, Loch, Edea, Kikuri, with a Quaid Friend (or Tridon maybe)

PSA: Im gonna be riding Deimos' nuts for a while.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 27, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Raids bug out for me regularly. I will be halfway through a raid and something lags out, I try to move to the next spot and it will reset me back to the previous one and require me to redo the battle. After this I know the game has timed out and it will repeat itself until I force the game to stop and reload on Android. Is this a common bug?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

CashEnsign posted:

Raids bug out for me regularly. I will be halfway through a raid and something lags out, I try to move to the next spot and it will reset me back to the previous one and require me to redo the battle. After this I know the game has timed out and it will repeat itself until I force the game to stop and reload on Android. Is this a common bug?

Very common, Click the "Map" button in the bottom left of the screen once or twice and it will refresh your position to the correct place.

echofriendly posted:

Deimos(L), Kira, Loch, Edea, Kikuri, with a Quaid Friend (or Tridon maybe)

PSA: Im gonna be riding Deimos' nuts for a while.

Wouldn't Kikuri be mostly useless in this setup? Deimos already has BC when attacked (her's is higher though).

Still, looks better than my current squad (really need to make a Forgebreaker).

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 27, 2015

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

CashEnsign posted:

I've run into this from time to time but it usually lets me move forward after the second fight. I had assumed it was a feature, like an ambush that stops you half way to your destination. I've only gotten permanently stuck on one occasion when the game trapped me in a battle loop which prevented me from leaving the starting location. I just had to let the time expire and try again.

Are you able to move on after the second fight?

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Gerdalti posted:

Wouldn't Kikuri be mostly useless in this setup? Deimos already has BC when attacked (her's is higher though).

Deimos' LS and Kikuris SBB will both proc.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

inkblottime posted:

I've run into this from time to time but it usually lets me move forward after the second fight. I had assumed it was a feature, like an ambush that stops you half way to your destination. I've only gotten permanently stuck on one occasion when the game trapped me in a battle loop which prevented me from leaving the starting location. I just had to let the time expire and try again.

Are you able to move on after the second fight?

Nope, just get stuck, this ain't no feature, it's lovely programming.

Gerdalti posted:

Very common, Click the "Map" button in the bottom left of the screen once or twice and it will refresh your position to the correct place.

Thanks for this, I was hoping there was a refresh *somewhere* but hitting the map never occurred to me.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

echofriendly posted:

Deimos' LS and Kikuris SBB will both proc.

This is amazing news! Going to give this a try now, thanks.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Gerdalti posted:

This is amazing news! Going to give this a try now, thanks.

Bestie would be better than Kikuri in this setup if you have her.

edit: drat i need to update my goonsheet entry. tridon 7 star ahoy, and yes hes loving broken again in a beneficial way.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 27, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to level/evolve everything I think I might want to maybe use and managed to go from ~560 honor summons to under 50 for the first time in 8-9 months probably. I figure I'll just try to burn myself to zero honor just so I can collect whatever I have sitting in my mail since they appear to actually now delete stuff after 30 days (sometimes).

No idea what team I'm going to run now. SBB10 7 star units atm:

Kikuri -partially imped
Colt -max imped
Claire -max imped
Magress
Selena
Kanon -almost max imped
Feeva
Rize
Aaron
Zenia - almost max imped
Ultor
Tridon -partially imped
Edea
Elimo -partially imped

Still leaning towards trying Zenia as a leader instead of Colt, though Colt's probably more overall damage while Zenia would just be more consistent, and probably make sure BB gauges fill more often against less targets. Zenia/Colt/Claire/Kanon/Aaron maybe.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to level/evolve everything I think I might want to maybe use and managed to go from ~560 honor summons to under 50 for the first time in 8-9 months probably. I figure I'll just try to burn myself to zero honor just so I can collect whatever I have sitting in my mail since they appear to actually now delete stuff after 30 days (sometimes).

This is exactly what I did a few days ago. It was nice not having to use fodder to level BB's. I'm still sitting on a bunch of fat frogs and maybe 20 regulars and I have nothing left I want to upgrade. Crystals for days, and I even managed a couple sphere frogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Evil Fluffy posted:

... No idea what team I'm going to run now. SBB10 7 star units atm:

[UNITS!!!!!!!!!]

Still leaning towards trying Zenia as a leader instead of Colt ... ... Zenia/Colt/Claire/Kanon/Aaron maybe.

Tridon (L), Kikuri, Zenia, Edea/(Elimo), Feeva, Deimos (F)/(some BC buffer without status immunity(F))
Frontier Gate EZ mode.

• Locked thread