Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

ritorix posted:

You can park at the stadium for like $5.

Welp. That solves it then! Guess I'm going to be packing an umbrella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

QnoisX posted:

So how are people transporting games during the con? Just carry them around all day in a backpack or is there somewhere you can drop things off that will be there when you return? Sorry, first time to go to Gencon and not exactly sure how far our hotel will be from the con. Dungeon Lords is another game I'd like to play, but the box is pretty huge.

I only bring games I can easily package in a gallon freezer bag and fits into a messenger bag.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Carteret posted:

Welp. That solves it then! Guess I'm going to be packing an umbrella.

Are you in the groupme? Are you bringing netrunner?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Deviant posted:

Yes? and Yes. I'm gonna be playing at the Tourney on Friday (until it stops being fun/my brain starts to hurt)

Edit: I joined. :v:

Carteret fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 26, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Deviant posted:

I thought about bringing some decks. I'm pretty much a newbie, but always down to play.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I picked up a Core set during Amazon's sale. I'd like to try the game since no one around here plays LCGs.

Dominus Caedis
Sep 17, 2007
Stupid Noob
Heyo GenGoons, this will be my 4th GenCon, but I had a lot of fun reading the thread last year and would like to try the nerd trivia at Colts Grill. Will there be some way of identifying which group is the goon group? I doubt 'find the table that looks like it's full of goons' is going to be a viable option at a gaming convention. I would also be down to play some Splotter games (I have played Indonesia, Antiquity and Greed Inc) or Die Macher. I love the NSDM and am in the Doomsday game (Saturday at midnight). Unfortunately I am super cheap and only have a flip-phone, is there any non-app way to coordinate gaming activities? I am pumped for the Con, hope to meet some of you there.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I figure I may as well post everything I'm bringing to the auction for those who might be looking to seek it out in the auction hall. Anything with a * is slated for the auction itself; everything else is for the consignment store.

Vampire: the Masquerade

Vampire: the Masquerade Revised
Guide to the Camarilla
Guide to the Sabbat
A World of Darkness Second Edition
Kindred of the East Complete Bundle*
Book of Nod
Jyhad Card Collection
Vampire: the Eternal Struggle Expansion Collection (Dark Sovereigns, Ancient Hearts)
Vampire: the Eternal Struggle Sabbat Collection*

Werewolf: the Apocalypse

Chronicle of the Black Labyrinth
Rage Limited / Unlimited Collection*
Rage Umbra Collection*
Rage Wyrm Collection*
Rage Expansion Collection (War in the Amazon, Legacy of the Tribes)*

Wraith: the Oblivion

Wraith: the Oblivion First Edition
Wraith: the Oblivion Second Edition*
The Book of Legions
Charnel Houses of Europe: the Shoah*
Dark Kingdom of Jade: Adventures
Dark Reflections: Spectres
Doomslayers: Into the Labyrinth
Guildbook: Artificers
Guildbook: Haunters
Guildbook: Sandmen
Haunts
The Quick and the Dead
Shadow Players Guide

Changeling: the Dreaming

Changeling: the Dreaming First Edition
Changeling: the Dreaming Second Edition
Changeling Players Guide
Changeling Storytellers Screen / Book of Storyteller Secrets
Book of Lost Houses: the Second Coming*
Denizens of the Dreaming
The Enchanted
The Fool's Luck: Way of the Commoner
Immortal Eyes: Court of All Kings
Inanimae: the Secret Way
Kithbook: Slaugh
Kithbook: Trolls
Land of Eight Million Dreams
The Shadow Court
Arcadia CCG Collection*

World of Darkness

Blood-Dimmed Tides
World of Darkness: Time of Judgement

d20

Buy the Numbers
Complete Warrior
Penumbra d20 Adventures (In the Belly of the Beast, Three Days to Kill)
Star Wars Saga Edition*
Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era
True 20 Bundle (Core, Bestiary, Worlds of Adventure)

Spycraft

The 1960s
The Archer Foundation
Fixer/Pointman Class Guide
Soldier/Wheelman Class Guide
U.S. Militaries
World Militaries

D&D

The Ruins of Undermountain*
Van Richten's Guide to Vampires

Other

Ars Magica: Storyguide Screen
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Monster Smackdown
The Rifter #9 & #10 Arzno Bundle
Netrunner CCG Collection*

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bottom Liner posted:

I thought about bringing some decks. I'm pretty much a newbie, but always down to play.

TheHoosier posted:

I picked up a Core set during Amazon's sale. I'd like to try the game since no one around here plays LCGs.

I have the core set and a bunch of expansions but never made a deck or anything. If we got some newbies coming I'll bring stuff this year to maybe get some games in.

Bottom Liner we're roomies! I can definitely bring cards if you want.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
I also recently picked up the core Netrunner set and would like to actually try it out and probably get stomped by an experienced player.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

fordan posted:

I also recently picked up the core Netrunner set and would like to actually try it out and probably get stomped by an experienced player.

Fiiiiine, as the netrunner thread's foremost angry-burnt-out-champion, i will learn people the game.

Or I guess Carteret could do it. Hah.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Len posted:

I have the core set and a bunch of expansions but never made a deck or anything. If we got some newbies coming I'll bring stuff this year to maybe get some games in.

Bottom Liner we're roomies! I can definitely bring cards if you want.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to it.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing that Vampire the Eternal struggle lot made me perk up but then I remember that I have 14 decks already and never play anymore.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 26, 2015

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Deviant posted:

Fiiiiine, as the netrunner thread's foremost angry-burnt-out-champion, i will learn people the game.

Or I guess Carteret could do it. Hah.

What up, fellow angry burnt-out Netrunner player! I'm purposely not bringing Netrunner decks as a statement to someone. We can get together and rant in front of the newbies to show them what they are in for a couple hundred games later.

I'll have LotR and Conquest decks though.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'll happily teach/bitch about Netrunner. Just... look, if it's friday my brain will be mush. Competitive Netrunner gives me migranes.

Edit: I'll probably want to play a lot of AGoT 2nd ed.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 26, 2015

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Alright, for anybody who wants to play Argent, I'm going to be free from 5pm onward Friday, and all day Saturday except 4-6pm.

4 players max, no AP dudes, and if you really want to play try to peruse the manual beforehand.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Crackbone posted:

Alright, for anybody who wants to play Argent, I'm going to be free from 5pm onward Friday, and all day Saturday except 4-6pm.

4 players max, no AP dudes, and if you really want to play try to peruse the manual beforehand.

Saturday before 4 is good for me if you have space

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'll be bringing my copy of Argent too, but unfortunately my schedule is in limbo until Pelgrane gets back to me at the moment. So I'll be playing it by ear and seeing when people are interested.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'll be bringing my copy of Argent too, but unfortunately my schedule is in limbo until Pelgrane gets back to me at the moment. So I'll be playing it by ear and seeing when people are interested.

I would be down for playing it any of the nights you'll be in town. It should be easy enough to figure out when that'll be once you roll in.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007

Mudcrab Merchant posted:

Thanks man! I emailed you a novel it feels like. Sorry.

I'll buy you a beer either way, exhibitor bro! :tinsley:

I did not expect my boss to approve that much product. So good on your show, I will now have to stop by and check it out!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Hey fellow goonbros! If you aren't in the groupme, I have room in my hotel if you were surfing someones floor. Sofa bed!Regular showers are required! Own transportation is a plus: its at the Clarion Inn and Suites Northwest of you want to map it out. Pretty sure the shuttle hits there or nearby if transportation would be an issue for you.

I'm going to be so lonely :negative:

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Crackbone posted:

Due to the last minute nature of this trip, I don't have anything planned for Friday, so this sounds great to me!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Nice Auction list, Alien Rope Burn; I do not even play any of those games but I am going to quite possibly bid on some of that, haha.

Dominus Caedis posted:

Heyo GenGoons, this will be my 4th GenCon, but I had a lot of fun reading the thread last year and would like to try the nerd trivia at Colts Grill. Will there be some way of identifying which group is the goon group? I doubt 'find the table that looks like it's full of goons' is going to be a viable option at a gaming convention. I would also be down to play some Splotter games (I have played Indonesia, Antiquity and Greed Inc) or Die Macher. I love the NSDM and am in the Doomsday game (Saturday at midnight). Unfortunately I am super cheap and only have a flip-phone, is there any non-app way to coordinate gaming activities? I am pumped for the Con, hope to meet some of you there.
It is surprisingly easy to find the Goon group even so, at least assuming the ongoing trend holds and we are the largest group in the bar (about 14-20 at any point, I think?). I think we also do a pretty good job of asking anyone wandering around scrutinizing the groups as though "knowing yet not knowing" as to who we are.

Plus if my past behavior is any indication I will be standing and talking to different parts of the table rather than sitting and eating, so look for a Viking Cherub(tm) and you will have found us.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Quarex posted:

Nice Auction list, Alien Rope Burn; I do not even play any of those games but I am going to quite possibly bid on some of that, ha ha.

Got two other last minute additions, for the auction and not the store. Bear in mind I'm pricing more aggressively than I did last year, since I'm not just trying to dump trash. Which, thankfully, turned out to everybody else's treasure last year, but I'm nervous with stuff like the CCGs which are impossible to objectively price. Either they go for nearly nothing or crazy dollars, and not much inbetween.

But I added:

Blue Planet Bundle (player's guide, moderator's guide)
Munchkin d20 Complete Bundle

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Hello, i would like to do games with goons like netrunner as my nights are pretty much free, but I don't have a smartphone for this groupme thinger. As I'm staying in the JW, hopefully I can catch what's going on with the internet in the lobby/bar because I'm not paying to have internet in the room.

I have a bunch of netrunner expansions I bought ages ago, but I have only played, like, 4 total games since it came out. I love the setting and such and the mechanics, but never got around to actually playing more than a few times on OCTGN.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'll have two things in the auction at least:

Doomtown Reloaded Deluxe
Netrunner collection - Everything up to Honor & Profit, all sleeved.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
If any of you goons are looking to offload some of the old Spelljammer stuff for D&D let me know. One of the sets I don't have anything from and I want to pick it up.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

pakman posted:

Hello, i would like to do games with goons like netrunner as my nights are pretty much free, but I don't have a smartphone for this groupme thinger.

Well shut your butt Mabel, because you can access GroupMe from ANY TEXT MESSAGE ENABLED DEVICE.

PM me your number and I'll add you.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

pakman posted:

Hello, i would like to do games with goons like netrunner as my nights are pretty much free, but I don't have a smartphone for this groupme thinger. As I'm staying in the JW, hopefully I can catch what's going on with the internet in the lobby/bar because I'm not paying to have internet in the room.

I have a bunch of netrunner expansions I bought ages ago, but I have only played, like, 4 total games since it came out. I love the setting and such and the mechanics, but never got around to actually playing more than a few times on OCTGN.

I'll post here when we plan to play.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Deviant posted:

Well shut your butt Mabel, because you can access GroupMe from ANY TEXT MESSAGE ENABLED DEVICE.

I hope you have a good msg plan :v:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
With regards to registering stuff for the Auction on Wednesday - it says the on-site Auction computers can't be used but laptops/personal computers can be used. Does this mean the site will be up for registration? How does this work exactly?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Carteret posted:

I hope you have a good msg plan :v:

I use a prepaid plan and I never use my phone as I frequently forget to charge it for weeks at a time, and have a couple thousand unused minutes, so I think I'm set. I really am a luddite when it comes to phones, though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

pakman posted:

I use a prepaid plan and I never use my phone as I frequently forget to charge it for weeks at a time, and have a couple thousand unused minutes, so I think I'm set. I really am a luddite when it comes to phones, though.

I don't know how minutes translate to texts, but that will easily get destroyed over the 4 days of Gencon.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
I guess I'll list (in brief) the stuff I'm putting in the Auction/Store as well.

Auction:
- Warhammer 2nd edition RPG corebook
- Cthulhu's Vault kickstarter version (storytelling game)
- Ravenloft (3rd edition D&D) Limited Edition

Store
- First three Werewolf: the Apocalypse tribe novels
- All the Vampire Dark Ages clan novels
- Warthammer books: Gotrek and Felix, Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium, Gaunt's Ghosts: the Founding, and Eisenhorn
- Libris Mortis (D&D 3rd edition)
- Shadowrun 3rd edition and Magic in the Shadows
- Exalted First edition: Corebook, Abyssals, Games of Divinity
- Exalted second edition: Corebook, Dragon-Blooded, Lunars, Wonders of the First Age, Storyteller's Companion

Pus a couple more novels, d20 Supplements (Thieves' World) and oWoD books. I priced them lower than sold listings from eBay so if any of that appeals to you, go for it.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Sionak posted:

I guess I'll list (in brief) the stuff I'm putting in the Auction/Store as well.

Auction:
- Warhammer 2nd edition RPG corebook

I know a goon who is fairly interested in this - if it is indeed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition, I might want to take that off your hands/put you in touch with him.

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!
I just realized that I have a large backpack that's much too big to carry around in a crowded area and a small bag that is only big enough to hold my tablet and various small items. Any recommendations for a good convention bag? Big enough to hold some brought or bought games, but not massive? I do have some of those cloth bags with strings for carrying swag around, but they're pretty small.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

QnoisX posted:

I just realized that I have a large backpack that's much too big to carry around in a crowded area and a small bag that is only big enough to hold my tablet and various small items. Any recommendations for a good convention bag? Big enough to hold some brought or bought games, but not massive? I do have some of those cloth bags with strings for carrying swag around, but they're pretty small.

Buy something at the ffg area. They give huge bags.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
FFG/Privateer I think have the huge ones. You can get one from coolstuff too, but its not as big.

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!
Okay, so I'll just bring the tablet bag and get one there then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Deviant posted:

This is a important page to look at if you or anyone else is planning to do SMS GroupMe: the list of # commands, most notably #mute and #unmute are probably your friends.

• Locked thread