Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
DMB...and the save by Panama. I hate to say it but the better team won. Congratulations to 'em. The US...didn't seem to care nearly as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fire Klinsmann and hire a real manager with some international pedigree. Literally throw money at the problem.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
tbf two of them were good saves but fire klinsmann please

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Gratz Panama

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

meat CRime posted:

Gratz Panama

They or CR shoulda been in the final with Jamaica. Concacaf parity, that's the way we like it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr. Mambold posted:

They or CR shoulda been in the final with Jamaica. Concacaf parity, that's the way we like it.

I think you mean gently caress MEXICO

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I wonder how Klinsi is going to spin this. Everyone was bad. Players, coaches, everyone.

How come no one is talking about Tim Howard abandoning his country for an important tournament because he's 'tired'?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Fire Klinsmann and hire a real manager with some international pedigree. Literally throw money at the problem.

That strategy is how we got in this mess in the first place.

Hey, how about Mike Petke?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I wonder how Klinsi is going to spin this. Everyone was bad. Players, coaches, everyone.

How come no one is talking about Tim Howard abandoning his country for an important tournament because he's 'tired'?

He can spin on this

t

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

That strategy is how we got in this mess in the first place.

Hey, how about Mike Petke?

Better option than Ben loving Olsen!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He'll probably act like the tournament didn't matter all that much. Look at the way he hosed around with lineups through the whole thing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

What's Steve Sampson up to these days?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Look man I'm in the solutions business

Let's be a job creator for Mike Petke. Or Olsen and then DC can hire Petke.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

He'll probably act like the tournament didn't matter all that much. Look at the way he hosed around with lineups through the whole thing.

Wouldn't it be funny if they beat tomorrow's winner in the Cup of Nations playoff?*

*e- another meaningless tournament, but not quite as meaningless

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Death to America

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Death to America

Do you actually have a better forward than Cyle Larin

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Look man I'm in the solutions business

Let's be a job creator for Mike Petke. Or Olsen and then DC can hire Petke.

I hate that we both love Petke.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Death to America

We died

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shrapnig posted:

I think you mean gently caress MEXICO

Tbf, Mexico outplayed CR, last years world cup darlings, in what was the most entertaining match I've watched in this shitshow

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The corpse of Rosario.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
lmao the USA lose against Jamaica and Panama, that's so embarrassing, how can a team be this bad??

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

I hate that we both love Petke.

I've never seen a man who bled for a team like that. His discarding by RBNY was a disgrace. I want a man like that on my side.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

If only MLS had promotion and relegation they could beat international powerhouses Panama and Jamaica.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Apparently Gulati's said that Klinsmann's job isn't in jeopardy even if we lose the confed. cup playoff, so that's nice

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Nice strawman, troll

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cityinthesea posted:

Apparently Gulati's said that Klinsmann's job isn't in jeopardy even if we lose the confed. cup playoff, so that's nice
So in other words, the Gold Cup doesn't mean poo poo even though it's supposed to mean poo poo.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Crazy Ted posted:

So in other words, the Gold Cup doesn't mean poo poo even though it's supposed to mean poo poo.

It probably turns out Gulati did something stupid and guaranteed Klinsman so much money it would bankrupt US Soccer if we fired him.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mean Bean Machine posted:

lmao the USA lose against Jamaica and Panama, that's so embarrassing, how can a team be this bad??

Not enough Blacks

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

very carefully

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Jamaica... raw talent and athleticism... taint?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

im

Mbm I'm sorry but your portugays lose/draw to the US all the time bro

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

because tim howard isn't very good and the gold cup isn't important

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Cityinthesea posted:

The Dreaded Vote of Confidence

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
What's up with Michael Bradley? He used to be the USA's best player but the past two tournaments under Klinsmann he's been playing like a complete spaz

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Monday Bandele posted:

What's up with Michael Bradley? He used to be the USA's best player but the past two tournaments under Klinsmann he's been playing like a complete spaz

are those mutually exclusive

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Monday Bandele posted:

You mean the two tournaments since he decided that as a 25 year old who was starting regularly in Europe that he should go play in MLS?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cityinthesea posted:

Gold cup is like post partum depression a year after the world cup. Bob Bradley had a good run and a terrible loss to Mexico 4 years ago and then they hired Klinsmann. Just saying.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chuggo is BACK posted:

are those mutually exclusive

Harsh but fair..... coming from an English though?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Mambold posted:

Gold cup is like post partum depression a year after the world cup. Bob Bradley had a good run and a terrible loss to Mexico 4 years ago and then they hired Klinsmann. Just saying.

By that same logic, Klinsmann must walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Parody Threads posted:

im

Mbm I'm sorry but your portugays lose/draw to the US all the time bro

Let's stay on course and keep the discussion exclusive to the Gold Cup and the teams in it, hopefully people respect my decision to identify as a strong brown Mexico fan in this thread.

• Locked thread