Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Instead of watching anime I am playing Bayonetta and sucking at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Instead of watching anime I'm watching Community.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Instead of watching anime I'm watching Community.

Shameful, but not as shameful as it could be. Community stopped being as good after the first two seasons but it picks up a little again in the last.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I watched a few episodes of Sense8 and appreciated the psychic orgy.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I think I am animed out for a bit glad I saw some gintama cosplay, even if they were all chicks. The /fit/izen as Yu from P4 was cool but drank me under the table

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The second season Community wasn't better than the third, I don't understand why everybody acts like it was.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

Instead of watching anime I am playing Bayonetta and sucking at it.

1 or 2? 2 is a lot more forgiving and easier for the average player (though really good players have reasonable complaints about its mechanics being too oversimplified and some kinda poor gameplay decisions). If you don't care about the rich narrative of the Bayonetta series I'd suggest starting with 2.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

chumbler posted:

1 or 2? 2 is a lot more forgiving and easier for the average player (though really good players have reasonable complaints about its mechanics being too oversimplified and some kinda poor gameplay decisions). If you don't care about the rich narrative of the Bayonetta series I'd suggest starting with 2.

I'm playing the first one. I don't mind how hard I'm finding it because I am slowly getting better at it. I like a challenge too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
jesus christ they kidnapped dogs to put their brains in cyborg bodies to serve as soldiers and then skinned the corpses to make coats for the evil scientist doing this to them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played faerie solitaire today, instead of anime.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

jesus christ they kidnapped dogs to put their brains in cyborg bodies to serve as soldiers and then skinned the corpses to make coats for the evil scientist doing this to them

Okay buddy

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
glad the chat thread has not changed a bit

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I want to read this manga

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wish they would release Naoki Urasawa's manga about high school girl martial artists.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

GorfZaplen posted:

Okay buddy

I'm talking about manga in the anime chat thread! I'm not crazy you're crazy!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I did terribly at MtG today. Opened a lot of packs and made a lot of lovely decks, though, so it was fun. Makes me wanna read Wizard's Soul.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I wish they would release Naoki Urasawa's manga about high school girl martial artists.

The entire anime is subbed, and the bluray is being subbed, although by a really slow group.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

I want to read this manga

reverse image search led me to this and I agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkKbK3VPEPk

Blockhouse posted:

please don't spoil Revengeance 2

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Google surveys ask weird questions.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Holy gently caress I Pure Platinum'd a fight. I can retire now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Google surveys ask weird questions.

prefer not to answer

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I did terribly at MtG today. Opened a lot of packs and made a lot of lovely decks, though, so it was fun. Makes me wanna read Wizard's Soul.

A couple years ago some friends and I all put in for a booster box (2013 core set, I think) and drafted from it on weekends for a few weeks, which was pretty fun even though I lost a lot because I'm bad at both MtG and drafting and none of my cunning plans ever worked. One of the packs in the box contained a Nicol Bolas followed immediately by a foil Nicol Bolas, which was funny.

Drafting in card games is fun. gently caress playing constructed.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 26, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nice witch chat.

Also re: yaoi chat, this was linked in the josei thread and might be interesting to the people who were curious about that kind of thing: http://mangacomicsmanga.com/tcaf-2015-gengoroh-tagame-talks-gay-manga-bara-bl-and-scanlation/

I did not watch anime today because I visited my parents and cooked out with them.

Thanks again for the av edit .jpg I laugh every time I see it!

Tomorrow I'm going to watch Gunbuster and probably some other stuff.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 26, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

prefer not to answer

I answered, and then spent the cents on Love Lives.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler posted:

A couple years ago some friends and I all put in for a booster box (2013 core set, I think) and drafted from it on weekends for a few weeks, which was pretty fun even though I lost a lot because I'm bad at both MtG and drafting and none of my cunning plans ever worked. One of the packs in the box contained a Nicol Bolas followed immediately by a foil Nicol Bolas, which was funny.

Drafting in card games is fun. gently caress playing constructed.

Casual constructed is alright, but limited is where it's at.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Man, listening to some Phillip Glass and reading manga is exactly what I want to be doing right now. This is great.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phsLu8oxDZ4

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My lovely internet connection kept getting in the way of me watching one of my favorite shows with other goons tonight. :argh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that panel transcript was interesting but especially having Tagame there it bothers me that non-con wasn't discussed at all

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

boom boom boom posted:

It's amazing how much higher the standards for sexy men got on the CW between the start of Supernatural and the start of Arrow.

Like, the Supernatural dudes are hot, but on Arrow it's just insane god-bodied men

Manu Bennett is my waifu :dealwithit:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WickedHate posted:

The actual best mecha ever is the Zeorymer.

good opinion

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

otakon was good but katsucon still reigns supreme

glad I managed to actually go to some panels this year. the fkmt panel and pro wrestling one were ok. very underwhelming. the animeigo one was kind of interesting but I regret not coming in with a really good question because they were giving out shirts with priss, my wife, on the front

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LORD OF BUTT posted:

good opinion

Thank you.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
WH have you ever seen Genocyber? I feel like either you'd really hate it or it'd be 100% right up your alley

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LORD OF BUTT posted:

WH have you ever seen Genocyber? I feel like either you'd really hate it or it'd be 100% right up your alley

Heard of it. It's supposed to be hyper violent, right? I love hyper violence. It depends on how grimdark it is and if it is grimdark how that's executed.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 26, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Almost half way through Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

Raymond and George are the OTP.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Colonel posted:

Almost half way through Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

Raymond and George are the OTP.

One person going through YYH, one person going through G Gundam. Good things happening in this thread.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I answered, and then spent the cents on Love Lives.

Wait, what? You can do Google polls and get money to spend in FtP anime games?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
G Gundam is a good Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, what? You can do Google polls and get money to spend in FtP anime games?

"Google Opinion Rewards". They send you a survey every now and then, and they usually give you anywhere from 8-80¢ in google play credit per. You can use it to purchase apps or for in-app purchases. I think I get maybe $10-20/year?

• Locked thread