Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MindlessHavok posted:

Does your area have Instacart? It's a grocery shopping app. They go to the stores in your area and do you shopping for you then deliver to your house. Don't even need a Costco Membership

That brings up the other problem:
I need to browse the aisles to know what giant bucket of peanuts fit I to my current lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

MA-Horus posted:

In Canada the motherfucking COSTCO partnered up with Capital One on a Costco MasterCard

No fee
2% back on all purchases
3% back on gas and Costco purchases

It's like having a Costco membership that also gives you money.

Wrong.

It's 1% on all purchases
2% on gas
3% on restaurants

IE the exact same rewards as the Amex had.
There is a three month bonus on the card where all of the rewards are doubled though. I got up over $100 before that period ended for me.

This is on top of the 2% reward on your membership, so technically you get 3% at costco.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

That brings up the other problem:
I need to browse the aisles to know what giant bucket of peanuts fit I to my current lifestyle.

Lucky for you they have pictures/size/weight of all the items.

I guess the only thing you really lose out on is the free samples

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Just shopped at Costco for the first time

Anybody complaining about the lines or crowds has clearly never shopped at a Central Texas HEB

Also, 2 cans of Cellucor C4 pre-workout for $40; gonna go so fuckin' hyphy for my next pilates class

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Costco hot dogs taste exactly the same in the US as they do in Canada. Still loving delicious.

That is all.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Kazinsal posted:

Costco hot dogs taste exactly the same in the US as they do in Canada. Still loving delicious.

That is all.

I think someone said that Costco is pretty standard across the globe. So if you're in Yokohama and really want a hot dog you can just load up to the Japanese Costco, use your membership and grab some dogs.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Razorwired posted:

I think someone said that Costco is pretty standard across the globe. So if you're in Yokohama and really want a hot dog you can just load up to the Japanese Costco, use your membership and grab some dogs.

Sounds about right. The Canadian membership worked fine in Bellingham, but we couldn't load up on cheap gas because they only take Amex, unlike the Costcos in Canada which take any credit card. :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MindlessHavok posted:

Lucky for you they have pictures/size/weight of all the items.

I guess the only thing you really lose out on is the free samples

Having a 400 lb. Land whale knock a child into the stack of generic brand sweatpants.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I've heard that the Canadian Costcos serve poutine in their food court. Is this true?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
UK Costco has baked potatoes full of tuna salad in their food court:

Man In The Boat
Jan 2, 2006
Let's get down to brass tacks
Whenever I go to Costco I hear at least two languages that aren't English or Spanish. In INDIANA! And they're closed holidays and they don't force their employees to open the stores at 10pm on Thanksgiving so people that I hope get syphilis can save $80 on a TV.

I go there whenever I want to stock up on maple syrup and socks and kayaks and toilet paper.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Hawaiian Costco:

:eyepop:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I lived on Costco hotdogs, pizza, caesar salads, and multivitamins for about a year awhile back. Great food for poors.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

canyoneer posted:

I've heard that the Canadian Costcos serve poutine in their food court. Is this true?

It's true. It's not bad either. They also have Montreal Smoked Meat sandwiches that are pretty great.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Giant bottle of Mr. Yoshida sauce for like $7. That poo poo goes on anything before or after cooking if it is anyway East Asian. Great for dipping the pot stickers in since they don't come with sauce. We just got Adidas Kanadia 7 for 40 bucks which is close to amazon low prices with the costco return policy of not having to ship back. Should be loads better then my heavy as poo poo brooks since the trails here aren't as harsh.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Am I looking at outdated pages, or does Costco still not accept credit cards outside of American Express? Because gently caress that noise; that's like cash-only bars (which, in tyool 2015, still exist :wtc:)

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Jul 26, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Am I looking at outdated pages, or does Costco still not accept credit cards outside of American Express? Because gently caress that noise; that's like cash-only bars (which, in tyool 2015, still exist :wtc:)

It helps keep the costs down. They get a lower rate from Amex because they can give them exclusivity.

Although I think they're switching to Visa next year or something.

Away all Goats posted:

It's true. It's not bad either. They also have Montreal Smoked Meat sandwiches that are pretty great.

Oddly, not at the one near me which is 10 minutes from Montreal.

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

no that's still the case, debit/cash/Amex

I think they're gonna start taking Visa or Mastercard this year because of a falling out with amex

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Aphrodite posted:

It helps keep the costs down. They get a lower rate from Amex because they can give them exclusivity.

Although I think they're switching to Visa next year or something.

Switching to a Visa in April in the US. Terms are still to be determined, but should be similar to the Amex. I don't know if they are doing a transfer program or anything for the balances.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Quebec probably wants to protect small sandwichmen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MisterBibs posted:

Costco in Australia accepts everything, because if they didn't, they would be fined for anti-competitive practices.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

AceRimmer posted:

Hawaiian Costco:

Oh my god I wish they had that on the east coast

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
(edit: forgive me if this is a better fit for the meme thread)

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

The Costco in DC sells alcohol, and the return policy is "If you have the receipt, and its not opened, we'll give you a full refund." Stocking the bar at my wedding is hella cheap, and I can return what we don't use :whatup:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Aphrodite posted:

Dude if you're 10 minutes from Montreal why would you even consider getting poutine or montreal sandwiches from anywhere else :confused:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Just bought some cheap as hell Macallan 10, gonna get really beefy bitch

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Switching to a Visa in April in the US. Terms are still to be determined, but should be similar to the Amex. I don't know if they are doing a transfer program or anything for the balances.

In Canada, Capital One mirrored the old Amex card. You should expect to have the same perks on the Visa.

Amex just wrote everyone a cheque for the rebate so far into the year on the expiry date. The new card offered double rewards for three months.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
You can now buy Pizza, Hotdogs, etc. from Costco with debit cards now! :rock:

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist
Korean Costcos have the full range of pizza, bakes and hot dogs and they did indeed taste just like home. Actually maybe the best pizza in my city.

Also they have a motherfucking bulgogi pizza that's worth the plane ticket.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
You guys are making me go to Costco tonight. I move in a few weeks so I figure this can be my last grocery purchase before moving.

How do the coupons work through the app? I've heard everything ranging from you needing them in your shopping list in the app to be able to use them to just showing the cashier that you have the app downloaded to redeem them.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

MindlessHavok posted:

You guys are making me go to Costco tonight. I move in a few weeks so I figure this can be my last grocery purchase before moving.

How do the coupons work through the app? I've heard everything ranging from you needing them in your shopping list in the app to be able to use them to just showing the cashier that you have the app downloaded to redeem them.

Unless the cashier wants to be a dick and make you show them the app or coupon book, you shouldn't have to do anything, coupons are automatic now. And since you're moving it might be worth checking out what furniture Costco has available right now if you're in need of it. You could probably get a better deal on furniture elsewhere if you look around, but most of what Costco has is at a decent price and quality ranges from okay to pretty good.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Immortan posted:

You can now buy Pizza, Hotdogs, etc. from Costco with debit cards now! :rock:

Yeah i found that out a couple of weeks ago. My 'ugh I don't want to carry cash just for a hot dog' excuse is gone but now I get hot dogs an embarrassing number of times a week.

So uh how's Costco pizza/do I have to order ahead?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nah, the pizzas are pretty good, but I'd try a slice first before grabbing a whole pie.

Takes about 10-15 mins to cook one, so you have plenty of time to grab a 1$ coke out of the vending machines and chill.

I discovered the smoked pulled pork in the meat dept, and it's kirkland brand. It's vacuum sealed, and it's pretty great. EXTREMELY tender, makes awesome sandwiches. Might go back for more in a couple weeks to I can try making some tacos. The selling point to me is that it's not got any sauce whatsoever, it's just smoked.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We had a membership years ago and let it lapse. I'm considering getting another, because I think I can pay for about 80% of the membership fee just on ground beef savings alone. I'm trying to live more frugally, and I'm assuming buying semi-monthly meat or monthly meat in bulk is a good way to do so.

Problem is going in and having my wife want a 7 dollar bag of popcorn or something.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, the pizzas are pretty good, but I'd try a slice first before grabbing a whole pie.

Personally, I think that for some reason the whole pizzas are much better than the slices, even though they're made the same exact way. Maybe it's because the slices sit out longer. But that's coming from an employee who used to eat slices every day for like a year straight, most people tell me the slices are great. I'm just sick of everything they serve besides the brats.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

AceRimmer posted:

Hawaiian Costco:

Goddamn we were just at the Maui Costco yesterday, if I'd seen that I would have bought them all

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Jingleheimer posted:

Personally, I think that for some reason the whole pizzas are much better than the slices, even though they're made the same exact way. Maybe it's because the slices sit out longer. But that's coming from an employee who used to eat slices every day for like a year straight, most people tell me the slices are great. I'm just sick of everything they serve besides the brats.

Oh, I agree 100%. If the dude has never tried it though, it's way easier to throw 2$ away than 10$ away.

I'm gonna try one of the take and bake ones next time I go.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

We had a membership years ago and let it lapse. I'm considering getting another, because I think I can pay for about 80% of the membership fee just on ground beef savings alone. I'm trying to live more frugally, and I'm assuming buying semi-monthly meat or monthly meat in bulk is a good way to do so.

Problem is going in and having my wife want a 7 dollar bag of popcorn or something.

That's the only "problem" with Costco - few things are less than $10/pop. poo poo adds up quickly.

(I love Costco)

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
$5 rebate for buying a $27 handle of Captain Morgan which is normally $32 at other liquor retailers?

DON'T MIND IF I DO, COSTCO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Minges posted:

Korean Costcos have the full range of pizza, bakes and hot dogs and they did indeed taste just like home. Actually maybe the best pizza in my city.

Also they have a motherfucking bulgogi pizza that's worth the plane ticket.

We have bulgogi made in our deli here to take home and cook and that poo poo is super delicious.

• Locked thread