Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love DJ Hero way more than I should, I'd love another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Could be! All I know is that people who leave a high-visibility position often also say where they're going if it's pertinent.

Might be something outside of games. Might be something he's not at liberty to talk about yet. I dunno! Hope it goes well.

Asked and answered.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
So everything is CptUnderpant's fault?

Sounds about right. Case closed, gang!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Binowru posted:

Asked and answered.

I am still sad I didn't get a stage kit and mod it to use a real fog machine. And better lights.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Ultimate Mango posted:

I am still sad I didn't get a stage kit and mod it to use a real fog machine. And better lights.

Unless you live in a medium sized NBA arena, the fog machine that comes with it will flood your room anyway. :)

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

farottone posted:

Unless you live in a medium sized NBA arena, the fog machine that comes with it will flood your room anyway. :)

I am genuinely surprised I never set off any smoke alarms in college.

---

C3 custom song releases for July 24, 2015:

New! Tony Hawk's Pro Skater C01 9-pack
  • An Endless Sporadic - "Sun of Pearl" 2x (Gigakoops and Nightmare Lyra)
  • Bad Religion - "You" (DeathThreatUK and Nightmare Lyra)
  • Ministry - "No 'W'/Psalm 23" (DeathThreatUK and Nightmare Lyra)
  • The Reverend Horton Heat - "I Can't Surf" (DeathThreatUK and Nightmare Lyra)
  • Stormtroopers of Death - "Milk" (Nightmare Lyra and DeathThreatUK)
  • Sex Pistols - "Holiday in the Sun" (DeathThreatUK and Nightmare Lyra)
  • Suicidal Tendencies - "Cyco Vision" (DeathThreatUK and Nightmare Lyra)
  • System of a Down - "Shimmy" (DeathThreatUK and Nightmare Lyra)
  • Voltera - "Do What Your Daddy Says" (Gigakoops and Nightmare Lyra)
New! Singles
  • Archers of Loaf - "Scenic Pastures" (Gigakoops)
  • Faraquet - "Carefully Planned" (Gigakoops)

PardonMeHippo
Feb 18, 2011
Awesome pack! I wish my local RB group wasn't dead!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sorry to hear about your dead friends.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
I played Guitar Hero Live it was really fun, the latency at BestBuy was awful though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvYyp6RNw9w

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 25, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

toymach1ne posted:

I played Guitar Hero Live it was really fun, the latency at BestBuy was awful though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvYyp6RNw9w

:drat:

But on a serious note, did you take a video camera in the store? I refuse to believe that's a phone.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

KiddieGrinder posted:

:drat:

But on a serious note, did you take a video camera in the store? I refuse to believe that's a phone.

That's my iPhone 6 :)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

toymach1ne posted:

I was going to guess it could be any modern cell camera with OIS, my S6 has really crisp video.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I was going to guess it could be any modern cell camera with OIS, my S6 has really crisp video.

Yeah no 1080p60fps though. 720p60fps is good enough for me though till next year's phone

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

toymach1ne posted:

I feel so old. :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

toymach1ne posted:

I'm glad I don't have to kill you/the phone holder for shooting it vertically.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Not to steal thunder, but I found a good video segment of a Harmonix livestream showing off the solo mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXRvgi8ZTw

Take it as you will. (Decent look at the still-evolving visual engine as well.)

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

whypick1 posted:

I'm glad I don't have to kill you/the phone holder for shooting it vertically.

haha he works in tech with me so he knows not to do that

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
e: whoops!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gaspar Lewis posted:

(Decent look at the still-evolving visual engine as well.)

That's what I noticed the most, that they either changed the stage or changed the way lighting works, cause everything is super dark now, it's hard to make out character's faces unless they're in the light. And the UI still looks like it's early, early pre-alpha, the gems don't explode they just kinda *poof* away when hit and, frankly, the notes are ugly, just solid colours with no borders around them to shape them.

Urgh, I want to like this game but the look of it is really turning me off, it's just so unpolished and half-assed. The first game looked better than this, and that was the one where you couldn't tell HOPO's from regular notes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You clearly don't want to like the game if a really early build of the way the notes disappear is turning you off. You're telling yourself you want to like it and finding really nitpicky reasons to not like it based off an incomplete product.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Not to steal thunder, but I found a good video segment of a Harmonix livestream showing off the solo mechanics.

That looks pretty cool and fun. Makes me wish I had a PS4. :negative:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

remember when rock band 1 had circle notes until about 4 months before it came out

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

That video made the guitar solos look far more fun than I thought they would be. I'm pretty hype to try those out.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Whew, barely survived the solo in "Got My Mind Set on You". That was a shredder.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I hope bass gets the same treatment. I barely play guitar parts even solo.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kaboobi posted:

remember when rock band 1 had circle notes until about 4 months before it came out

I don't, actually.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I actually got a little stressed watching that video, just imagining myself trying to explain all those different highway backgrounds to people in a party setting haha. Like, my friends never even fully grasped the fact that you don't have to hit the green note at the end of a drum fill. This one's gonna confuse the hell out of them!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Hence all the "It'll sound good no matter what you do!" pitching and design...

...but yeah all the visual language going on in there will probably throw people for a loop and telling them "just ignore it" might not help.

Maybe they need an "easy/party solos" setting that yanks all the suggestions out and leaves it blank like the dev hack?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Minidust posted:

I actually got a little stressed watching that video, just imagining myself trying to explain all those different highway backgrounds to people in a party setting haha. Like, my friends never even fully grasped the fact that you don't have to hit the green note at the end of a drum fill. This one's gonna confuse the hell out of them!

I wonder if they'll have a "freestyle solos on/off" option, if you want to have the old fashioned solos in the game instead.

I'm looking forward to drum fills, I wonder if they'll have similar freestyle options.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not only will they almost definitely have that option (they had it in 3 with the drum solos), but in the video they briefly talked about having a way for you to decide whether or not you want a custom solo or the authored solo while you're playing the song itself.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Babe Magnet posted:

Not only will they almost definitely have that option (they had it in 3 with the drum solos), but in the video they briefly talked about having a way for you to decide whether or not you want a custom solo or the authored solo while you're playing the song itself.

Yep, the toggle for authored/freestyle solos is right in the overshell options. You can even change it mid-song if you want to freestyle over one solo but not another.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
is there an option for Breakneck Speed? >_>

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
"Somebody Told Me" marked as devil heads on drums. Huh.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

I'd guess it's because of the disco beat on the hi-hat. That tends to skyrocket the difficulty rating on drums.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if you watch the old custom chart, it's got some really tricky-looking sections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-J-Nl9Cyw

I'd probably rank it like 5 dots because the segments aren't really that long and are mostly just fills, but I could see the argument for it being devil heads

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
They must have used a different mix, I can't see a reason why the source we authored the chart for can remotely be devil heads material.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

toymach1ne posted:

is there an option for Breakneck Speed? >_>

Yes.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Will it save this time?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Sure will.

edit:

Binowru posted:

I'd guess it's because of the disco beat on the hi-hat. That tends to skyrocket the difficulty rating on drums.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a drummer. I play on expert, but most songs in the impossible tier are outside of my ability, particularly anything that is super fast.

There is a disco beat, but the kicks are pretty weird, and the song is just brutal in general. There's one fill in particular that I just kind of look at and laugh. It's definitely not that high just because of a disco beat. Listen to the chorus carefully and you can pick up a bunch of subtle poo poo the drummer's doing pretty well. It's really fun (and I can't pass it).

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Breakneck on individual tracks at launch though :(

https://twitter.com/steve_janiak/status/626434721619251200