Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The MSJ posted:

Technically a threesome.
Wow, they really telegraphed that Garnet thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

hallo spacedog posted:

That's just vaporwave_album.jpg.

excuse me, but "sailor moon" is only one genre of vaporwave album art, there's also palm trees, computer generated shapes, pink faces, flat drawings, and game covers.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Whoops, I forgot city scapes and roman busts.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Nanomashoes posted:

Whoops, I forgot city scapes and roman busts.

I feel weird that I can think of at least several examples of each type of design you listed off the top of my head.

Actually, the whole genre probably counts as weird fanart in and of itself.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

mycot posted:

See that's how you know something has reached Homestuck/MLP levels.

e. And it's kinda too late.

Yeah, far too late. Homestuck and Steven Universe both already have purple aliens with giant hair voiced by Nicki Minaj. They're basically identical by this point.

Triskelli has a new favorite as of 10:09 on Jul 26, 2015

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
gently caress, I'm now realizing that vaporwave is super similar to my favorite music genre: synthwave.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Yet no wave has yet been created that is superior to No Wave.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:magical:

This show must make MRA types poo poo blood.

:geno:

gently caress. I have to watch anything that pisses off such a wide set of horrific people.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Nanomashoes posted:

Does album art count?

The Loads a Money guy changed style pretty hard.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Klaus88 posted:

gently caress. I have to watch anything that pisses off such a wide set of horrific people.

It's a good show. The humor's pretty great, the characters are fairly believable with good motivations for what they do, the background art is loving stunning, and there's a bunch of nerdbomber references in there for good measure.

Just like everything else, don't go overboard on liking it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

What's the big deal here?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Bluemillion posted:

Every time this gif loops an evangelical christian dies. Like, just drops dead without explanation.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Also, Nicki Minaj.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6yfWRXBuB0

edit:Something not Steven Universe.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 13:32 on Jul 26, 2015

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Why, hello there, new desktop wallpaper.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
A classic:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
The thing that made bronies so terrible and dragged MLP down with it was that they were all so insecure about liking a show meant for little girls that they had to turn into a toxic self-defensive community to cover up their insecurity and ruin it for little girls. Some SU stuff can get kind of insufferable but calling it the new MLP kind of ignores how completely awful bronies are/were.

Bronies discovered SU and tried the same thing by calling themselves "gemtlemen" but the SU community told them to just watch it like a normal human being or leave.

e: so that this post isn't completely worthless have some fanart of something that never existed

Kabanaw has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Jul 26, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kabanaw posted:

The thing that made bronies so terrible and dragged MLP down with it was that they were all so insecure about liking a show meant for little girls that they had to turn into a toxic self-defensive community to cover up their insecurity and ruin it for little girls. Some SU stuff can get kind of insufferable but calling it the new MLP kind of ignores how completely awful bronies are/were.

Bronies discovered SU and tried the same thing by calling themselves "gemtlemen" but the SU community told them to just watch it like a normal human being or leave.

lol sure thing dude

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
While we're on SU: you know you can watch it in Japanese now? This is good for the Internet, I'm sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8b8h_etsxk

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

eminkey2003 posted:

While we're on SU: you know you can watch it in Japanese now? This is good for the Internet, I'm sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8b8h_etsxk

Why is Vincent replaced by Arnold in the first and third images but not in the second? This entire fiction is breaking apart

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Somehow forgot to post this but saved as a .txt in my wfa-dump directory.

(HP Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep OC, in anime form)

It's all about the crowbar.

Mr Tastee posted:

Why don't you know how to love.

Unrelated: mid-transformation faces are still great.

Petrification adds horror by making it "transformation face, forever"

(generic/random Touhou maid?)

...except when it isn't.

("Butts Crowther" from FFV)

It took far too much scrolling to find images that didn't require nws tags. Never change, internet.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Mr Tastee posted:

Why don't you know how to love.

Unrelated: mid-transformation faces are still great.

This is a game mechanic. I see nothing wrong with it (yet).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TinTower posted:

A classic:

Mycroft Holmes posted:

original krieger, do not steal

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Shwqa has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Jul 26, 2015

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Klaus88 posted:

:magical:

This show must make MRA types poo poo blood.

Careful this is how the weirdo garbagebabies get you. Totally join our incredibly creepy internet culture built around a children's show because you're totally super progressive if you do. Don't mind the legions of thirty-somethings jacking off to drawings of space children, you're a really great person. Now start fantasizing about living in this made up world for babies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's a fun show, like anything else just don't get really obsessive about it.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Danger Mahoney posted:

Careful this is how the weirdo garbagebabies get you. Totally join our incredibly creepy internet culture built around a children's show because you're totally super progressive if you do. Don't mind the legions of thirty-somethings jacking off to drawings of space children, you're a really great person. Now start fantasizing about living in this made up world for babies.

What?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Hahah what you complete weirdo

Sure, all you have to do is watch a children's cartoon to become an internet predator. That totally isn't hyperbolic or ridiculous in the slightest

Cool fact: did you know you can watch something and not be part of a community about it?? It's pretty rad. It's almost like you're not defined by the media you consume.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

mycot posted:

It's the exact same thing like Sonic the Hedgehog or My Little Pony. It's deliberately extremely easy to self-insert onto for kids to play pretend. (But this is the internet, where the children are 30 year olds, so a lot of sexual frustration gets mixed in too.)

The creepy stuff is between adult humans (not technically) this time. It physically cannot be just like My Little Pony.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dogwood Fleet posted:

The creepy stuff is between adult humans (not technically) this time. It physically cannot be just like My Little Pony.

That's the part you took offense over? I'm just going to borrow this comment.

corn in the bible posted:

lol sure thing dude

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gross people doing mental gymnastics to justify creepy behaviors up in here.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Danger Mahoney posted:

"B-B-But it's really good!"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you like a kids cartoon just say you like a kids cartoon, don't try to wrap it up in being ~*progressive*~ or sticking it to those MRA redditor PUA fedoras.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

jesus christ

I'm glad I have my own sense of judgement and don't limit myself to a list of goon-approved works of fiction.

E: Here's another attempt to get back on topic.

Mikedawson has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Jul 26, 2015

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Danger Mahoney posted:

Finally someone is taking a stand against the vast, unending legions of steven universe masturbators

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Fusion between two characters is a thing in the show, and it's basically treated in-universe (:v:) as something sexual.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This owns, and now it's on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

A summary of the last 3 pages: