Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

TheImmigrant posted:

When I lived in Brussels, I'd make shopping trips to Breda. Belgians had pressured Roosendaal to shut down the coffeeshops, so we had to change trains to buy goodies in NL.

I am shocked you didn't double-park your Ford Ka in front of the shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Hey thank you Pope Francis.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Repent.

Antwan3K
Mar 8, 2013

TheImmigrant posted:

When I lived in Brussels, I'd make shopping trips to Breda. Belgians had pressured Roosendaal to shut down the coffeeshops, so we had to change trains to buy goodies in NL.

Breda is not possible as a non-resident anymore either. All the border provinces refuse tourists now

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Philadelphia without crazed road traffic. Miracles really can happen.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Ofaloaf posted:

Philadelphia without crazed road traffic. Miracles really can happen.

But notice the checkpoint at the entrance to the Ben Franklin bridge, North Philly and West Philly. Hmm trying to filter the blacks and browns from seeing the Pope.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Found this schedule:
http://www.usccb.org/about/leadership/holy-see/francis/papal-visit-2015/2015-papal-visit-schedule.cfm

Not sure where the greatest concentrations of Catholics in the US are found, but it is interesting that he only intends to visit NYC, Philadelphia and DC.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Antwan3K posted:

Breda is not possible as a non-resident anymore either. All the border provinces refuse tourists now

Limited to Rotterdam or Amsterdam now? Maastricht was off-limits to me at the time already.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kopijeger posted:

Found this schedule:
http://www.usccb.org/about/leadership/holy-see/francis/papal-visit-2015/2015-papal-visit-schedule.cfm

Not sure where the greatest concentrations of Catholics in the US are found, but it is interesting that he only intends to visit NYC, Philadelphia and DC.

Probably wants a Philly Dog.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kopijeger posted:

Found this schedule:

From http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/religious-tradition/catholic/:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

TheImmigrant posted:

Limited to Rotterdam or Amsterdam now? Maastricht was off-limits to me at the time already.

I have honestly no idea. Dutch media has gone mostly quiet about this. I don't think any questions are asked in Utrecht and surrounding towns.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kopijeger posted:

Found this schedule:

I wonder which ones he is avoiding :ese:

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
PAPISTS! :freep:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

should be in a scary red

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder which ones he is avoiding :ese:

I don't think the Latino pope is scared of other Latinos, bro.

Antwan3K
Mar 8, 2013

TheImmigrant posted:

Closest would be Dordrecht I think, but it's a shithole.. So yeah Rotterdam would be next closest I think. They ask for a Dutch id in every border province now

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Argentinians are not Latinos, they are Europeans! :cryinglaislasdelasmalvinas:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nintendo Kid posted:

The White Hispanic who quite recently painted the whole of Mexico as a breeding ground for gangsters and said they were being punished by the devil?

Yeah, he might be avoiding Cali/the border.

Don't know why he's avoiding the Midwest though.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Don't know why he's avoiding the Midwest though.

That part's easy to explain

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtechs posted:

Is the pope going to run up the museum steps??

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In seriousness the most catholic metro areas in the US are Boston and Providence, so it's most surprising that there's no visit up there.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Here's a dumb map

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Canada knows what's up.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lowtechs posted:

On those two afternoons they are expecting more visitors to be packed into that area than residents of the entire city of Philadelphia.

a very nice paella
Oct 12, 2012

Kapitalism

Kurtofan posted:

Chiquitica is even more Spanish

And they released it in Spanish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM5M9Zcc1zM

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Unsurprisingly, Germany's is "See no evil".

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

majormonotone posted:

Here's a dumb map

Wait what. Swiftkey keep a record of the emojis people use?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Vietnam wants to punch you in the face and it's bringing back bad memories to the US.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

But only to Spanish speakers? What does the '100' emoticon even mean?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Phlegmish posted:

But only to Spanish speakers? What does the '100' emoticon even mean?

full grade, I think? What a weird emoticon.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

What does the '100' emoticon even mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwqiIJ-W2ls

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Boiled Water posted:

Wait what. Swiftkey keep a record of the emojis people use?

Yes, just like they record what words are used. It's both used for you specifically but also for other people using your chosen autocorrect language.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Brazilians are a cross between Turks and cats.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I don't like them either but you're being a little harsh on them.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

O Brasil é o país do futuro, e sempre será.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I don't like them either but you're being a little harsh on them.

Indeed, neither Turks nor cats deserve such an association.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I guess Russia has a lot of brides?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

TheImmigrant posted:

They're changing the railroads so Breda becomes the connection to Belgium rather than Roosendaal. Also as a Roosendaal native let me tell you the coffee shops aren't shut down, they just cracked down on foreign buyers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

I guess Russia has a lot of brides?
I think you'd have to account for their culture, society, and overall economical situation in order to get to the bottom there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

They're changing the railroads so Breda becomes the connection to Belgium rather than Roosendaal. Also as a Roosendaal native let me tell you the coffee shops aren't shut down, they just cracked down on foreign buyers.

Huh. This was winter 2011-12. Once I made it back from Breda to Roosendaal, only to miss the last train to Brussels that night, and wound up staying at a lovely, overpriced hotel across from the station. My buddy and I ate a bunch of the 'shrooms we'd bought from a Moroccan guy at Purple Rain in Breda, and scared the hotel staff all night prowling like crazy people.

That was the extent of my life in Roosendaal outside the station. I got stuck in Vlissingen once too.