Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

epitasis posted:

ive yet to get any examples of the horrific, unforgivable "other poo poo" theyve done

Drew Magary unmasked Dadboner

Hamilton Nolan unmasked Silver Ant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What if I just hate them because I think their family of sites is almost universally poo poo rather than for any ethical reasons

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

They both look exactly as comfortable as each other.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What if I just hate them because I think their family of sites is almost universally poo poo rather than for any ethical reasons

see now that's fair and doesn't make you sound like a psychopath

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Deadspin is good

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. rear end posted:

Deadspin is good

As a general rule I disagree. They're probably the best of the lot though.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Don't let Hulk eat a lot of pork and have sex. You won't like him after he ate pork and had sex

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Deadspin is a supposedly sports focused Gawker site that also just happens to publish guides from Weird Twitter women about how to properly take pictures of your dick and how to send them sex messages every so often, which, hell, if that's your bag, so be it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its basically general mens interest now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

and good also. except magary who is trash

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gawker: chie
deadspin: rise
jezebel: naoto
kotaku: teddie
gizmodo: yukiko
jalopnik: kanji
io9: yosuke
lifehacker: yu

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Deadspin's okay. I like io9. Patrick Klepek writes for Kotaku and his very presence seems to whip certain people into a fervour, so I can't hate that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nick gage is at the chikara show before Beyond https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/625408678577897472

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

epitasis posted:

And inshallah they'll all be dead

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

epitasis posted:

I am not a pedophile(person who watches anime) can you translate this better

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

perhaps use Korean variety show stars to better help me figure out what you mean

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

epitasis posted:

that was kotaku

Kotaku is part of Gawker, my friend. "This didn't happen on WWE, it was on NXT!"

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

It's about ethnics in his daughter.
Quoting this because I feel it's not gotten the attention it deserves.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Kotaku is part of Gawker, my friend. "This didn't happen on WWE, it was on NXT!"

nobody gives a poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they have independent editorial

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The only journalist I need in my life is Big Dave al-Meltz, peace be upon him.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm quoting this for the same reason pressedbunny did.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I literally never watch the news

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/624469377606397952

God I still love CM Punk.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

epitasis posted:

ive yet to get any examples of the horrific, unforgivable "other poo poo" theyve done

Well, for example, they once published a secretly recorded sex tape and then refused to take it down

There was also the time that they decided to publish the name of a guy who they thought raped Lena Dunham leading to him receiving a ton of death threats. Even though it turned out that any basic research would show he wasn't the guy and in fact she had described a composite character

Or there's basically every article they post on Gawker, Jezebel, or presumably any of their other sites that less people care about

Idk, it seemed like the entire thread was pretty much in agreement on Gawker being lovely and then all of a sudden you did a surprise swerve run in on the subject. I don't really care beyond 'it would be cool if a lovely "news" brand died' which you could say about plenty of other sites online as well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Well I guess we know why Alberto disappeared a few weeks ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, for example, they once published a secretly recorded sex tape and then refused to take it down

There was also the time that they decided to publish the name of a guy who they thought raped Lena Dunham leading to him receiving a ton of death threats. Even though it turned out that any basic research would show he wasn't the guy and in fact she had described a composite character

Or there's basically every article they post on Gawker, Jezebel, or presumably any of their other sites that less people care about

Idk, it seemed like the entire thread was pretty much in agreement on Gawker being lovely and then all of a sudden you did a surprise swerve run in on the subject. I don't really care beyond 'it would be cool if a lovely "news" brand died' which you could say about plenty of other sites online as well

lmao when will you post something with any relation to reality. they correctly identified the person she originally named as her rapist in drafts only after the "composite character" incorrectly led conservative media outlets to finger someone else. sorry to ruin your treasured thread consensus by pointing out that gawker is good and in fact it is your reading comprehension that is demonstratively bad

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

In that case it pretty much comes down to "I don't like their posts"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shima Honnou posted:

Well I guess we know why Alberto disappeared a few weeks ago.

Nah, it's a reference to Konnan's story where Mistico pulled a gun on Alberto during a confrontation in Mexico which I think was bullshit to sell AAA pay per views. It's more like "take out your pistol again because when I see you at Triplemania I'm going to gently caress you up, bitch" if I know my Spanish cursing right.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 27, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mistico is talking poo poo again and Del Rio is pissed. Hunico got in on the name calling backing up Del Rio too so lol.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nah, it's a reference to Konnan's story where Mistico pulled a gun on Alberto during a confrontation in Mexico which I think was bullshit to sell AAA pay per views. It's more like "take out your pistol again because when I see you at Triplemania I'm going to gently caress you up, bitch" if I know my Spanish cursing right.

Yes, "voy a partir tu puta madre" translates literally as "going to split your whore mother" but is actually slang for "going to kick your rear end." Madre is an interesting word in slang because it has a bunch of different meanings.

Konnan talked about that gun thing years ago although I don't think it's ever really been confirmed as a work or a shoot or just Konnan being Konnan. Most people sort of assumed the heat between Del Rio and Mistico was squashed when they were both in WWE, although there were some odd moments like Alberto accidentally(?) pulling Mistico's mask halfway off during a match. This is probably just Alberto hyping up the Triplemania match.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So if I read this correctly, del Rio is lashing out at Hunico cuz he thinks he's Mistico, yes?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RacistGuidingLight posted:

So if I read this correctly, del Rio is lashing out at Hunico cuz he thinks he's Mistico, yes?

Myztesizzzyzyzyzz has to keep the Sin Cara handle to avoid losing verification. It happens a lot with wrestlers.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Myztesizzzyzyzyzz has to keep the Sin Cara handle to avoid losing verification. It happens a lot with wrestlers.

Oh. Less funny then.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Still kinda funny.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the current sin cara getting in on the beef for no particular reason is funny. They aren't even doing this to sell PPVs because Alberto and Myzteziz are allies in AAA right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder how many people helped design the name Myzteziz. Was there a brainstorming session where they threw out a bunch of options then went with Myzteziz?