Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I want to post some choice mahouka excerpts but you should just read my old posts instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That show wasted so much potential but insisted on being nationalistic garbage.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

One Piece is going to be a herculean effort even if you go for the Manga.

Please say that you're going for the manga.

The anime is fine until Marineford at least. Some of the filler arcs were pretty good and one after Skypeia is one of my favorite arcs.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I don't want to go into the thread for it cause of spoilers. Can anyone give me a non-spoiler reason why people are hype for Heaven's Feel being a movie? I haven't played the VNs, just watched Fate/Zero and UBW.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nationalism was the least of mahouka's problems. There were a lot of hosed up social ideologies being advocated, the central conceit for the main character was really boring and the sister was in love with him

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

namtab, got your new avatar right here

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cubemario posted:

I don't want to go into the thread for it cause of spoilers. Can anyone give me a non-spoiler reason why people are hype for Heaven's Feel being a movie? I haven't played the VNs, just watched Fate/Zero and UBW.
Heavens feel has some good scenes

.jpg posted:

namtab, got your new avatar right here

i roast chicken

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The "namtab boils chicken" meme is inaccurate

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Namtab posted:

i roast chicken

not in the new canon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

First, i don't just eat chicken.
Second, I don't boil meat

Its just wrong on so many levsls

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

All this cyberbullying just because i don't have a spice rack, I wouldn't even know how to use one anyway

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

im mad at this meme

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm debating buying Samurai Warriors 4.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
drat it Charlotte, how the hell do you manage to make a bad baseball episode? I expected nothing and was some how annoyed even more. I knew I should have dropped this at episode 1

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I would like to have the boiled chicken, to see if it's good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cubemario posted:

like why do people want an adaptation, or why are they excited about a movie specifically?

the latter is because the route has lots of boring spots that would be trimmed down by necessity in a movie, and a handful of real good scenes that will go well with a movie budget

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

drat it Charlotte, how the hell do you manage to make a bad baseball episode? I expected nothing and was some how annoyed even more. I knew I should have dropped this at episode 1

Charlotte's just been really bland

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Namtab posted:

Charlotte's just been really bland

The first half of the first episode was really cool, then everything went down hill and never recovered

But hey it lasted a bit more interesting that Plastic memories which is one of the quickest shows I dropped. In under a minute I basically could tell the twist and how it would end.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Basically the biggest flaw with charlotte is that i've seen most of it before when it was called angel beats

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
At least gate is consistently keeping up the pace for this season.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

The anime is fine until Marineford at least. Some of the filler arcs were pretty good and one after Skypeia is one of my favorite arcs.

It's not so much the quality of the anime, it's just that I feel the manga is superior, even with all the stellar voice acting.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm really just watching charlotte because I like the characters and want to see if im right about the specific nature of the twist

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Namtab posted:

I'm really just watching charlotte because I like the characters and want to see if im right about the specific nature of the twist

Is it that the school is actually the bad guys all along?

because that is what I think

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's gonna be something convoluted involving the stars, the sister and the missing brother they haven't mentioned since episode 1

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It will change everything, and the second half of the show will involve the team trying to figure out the purpose of the powers

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If it's only 12/13 eps, the ending will feel rushed and disappointing

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

like why do people want an adaptation, or why are they excited about a movie specifically?

the latter is because the route has lots of boring spots that would be trimmed down by necessity in a movie, and a handful of real good scenes that will go well with a movie budget

Yeah, that explains it, thanks thread. I had also heard that it's the darkest of the routes.

As for Charlotte, I love P.A. Works animation, and I like Maeda's stuff, but holy poo poo it needs to pick up soon. It's mildly entertaining at best, and those scenes with the MC's sister are the worst. This pizza sauce thing reminds me of the exact same gag in Kanon with the "jam", and even Kanon didn't beat it into the ground.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The sister is adorable, which means that she is either dying or hiding a traumatic secret.

I don't think she is a ghost, because they already have the dead character

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Genocyber episode 2 feels like a completely different show.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

All this cyberbullying just because i don't have a spice rack, I wouldn't even know how to use one anyway

What the gently caress do you mean, you wouldn't know how to use a spice rack? It's a rack. you put spices on it

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Honestly the most surprising anime for me is Overlord, I was not expecting anything of what I got and was happily surprised with skeletor.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't think the school is evil, but there will be a reason why they have so much leeway to stop the kids with powers. The headteacher probably was involved in their causation

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

What the gently caress do you mean, you wouldn't know how to use a spice rack? It's a rack. you put spices on it

And what do i do with the spices

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't think i need a spice rack for my salt and pepper grinder

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

And what do i do with the spices

You put them on food.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

You put them on food.

you're assuming a level of effort in my cooking that I don't have

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Honestly the most surprising anime for me is Overlord, I was not expecting anything of what I got and was happily surprised with skeletor.

Skeletor is a little heart breaker.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

You put them on food.

the spices would just get washed out when he boils it anyway

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Some people enjoy cooking, I don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab