Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Rush-enthusiast goon is disappointing me :catstare:

He kind of shot himself in the foot by going for Rambi at the start, but he's not THAT far behind. Everyone else is so perfectly even with each other they've been hitting everything near-optimally though so I don't know how much opportunity he'll have to catch up.

edit: oh drat, spoke too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

GNU Order posted:

he probably says he's big into rush but only knows YYZ and Tom Sawyer

Moving Pictures was their best album HTH

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Why would you read that. Why would you applaud it.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

theultimo posted:

Moving Pictures was their best album HTH

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
rush fuckin' sucks

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
It'd be cool if they could make it so that the person in 1st is the audio that you hear

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

E4C85D38 posted:

Why would you read that. Why would you applaud it.

I missed it, what was the note?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Rush-enthusiast goon is disappointing me :catstare:

He had a pretty distant early warning that this was going to be tough, and that this fly by night poo poo ain't going to be enough, and now I don't think he has a ghost of a chance.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
All three racers are within 10 seconds at 15 minutes. This is very impressive.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
drat, still a lot of cancer stories.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Crain posted:

I missed it, what was the note?

A whole lot of terrible, terrible DKC-themed puns strung together, like "I hope you all have a barrel blast" and "someone is going to get jungle beaten" and it just kept going

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chakan posted:

All three racers are within 10 seconds at 15 minutes. This is very impressive.

Yup! As we've already seen, all it takes to even things out is a death. If eazinn dies it'll be pretty much neck and neck all three ways (neck and neck and neck)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ah, those vintage memes

crabf
May 29, 2015
I don't know why people are getting these announcers to yell memes. Is it meant to be funny?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Leeeroy Jenkins

Hehe nice references

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

crabf posted:

I don't know why people are getting these announcers to yell memes. Is it meant to be funny?

if it leads to more donations i say whatever

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
The world refuses to let Leeroy Jenkins be mercifully forgotten

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

And I'm off for a new beer, thanks donor

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dias posted:

rush fuckin' sucks

:nallears:

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

That was really goddamned impressive from Eazinn.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Low energy commentary, but at least they're doing s good job of explaining the tricks being done.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Is that Weird Al's younger brother?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Dominic White posted:

He had a pretty distant early warning that this was going to be tough, and that this fly by night poo poo ain't going to be enough, and now I don't think he has a ghost of a chance.

Bah, hes just a working man, not used to the limelight. Maybe we can get closer to the heart of the problem.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TheMadMilkman posted:

Low energy commentary, but at least they're doing s good job of explaining the tricks being done.

I'll take low energy and informative over awkward silence or some egotistical sperglord that loves to hear the sound of his own voice and thinks he's hilarious

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

All three got 1/60th frame trick, wow.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Nice all three got the roll

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol @ three consecutive screens of rollin Diddies

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
In the two minutes of training they gave me about filtering donations they said to pass all that stuff through as long as it's just dumb poo poo and not actually offensive. The head donation person then decides which of them actually gets all the way to the host's screen.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

timp posted:

lol @ three consecutive screens of rollin Diddies
The crowd goes wild for Diddy rolls.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:stare: That dark stage at speed. Like perfect example of how well they know the game.

elentar posted:

In the two minutes of training they gave me about filtering donations they said to pass all that stuff through as long as it's just dumb poo poo and not actually offensive. The head donation person then decides which of them actually gets all the way to the host's screen.

It's not horrible, just really low tier nerdy. You are getting me drunker though.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
NewAgeRetroHippie has been gaining on Eazinn! Seems to be about 5 seconds behind, earlier it closer to 10

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
"Hardest boss in the game here"

"..."

"Haha. That was just some humor for you guys :geno: "

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

timp posted:

NewAgeRetroHippie has been gaining on Eazinn! Seems to be about 5 seconds behind, earlier it closer to 10
Yeah but with that jump roll Gari has put himself far in the lead.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

"Hardest boss in the game here"

"..."

"Haha. That was just some humor for you guys :geno: "

Ohhhh nooooo i died on this battle daaaaang

heh j/k it was a forced loss, I totally got you guys

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Meh, they're pandering to the internet in an attempt to get the internet to donate more money for charity, and it works.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gari with the clutch roll glitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

victrix posted:

It's not horrible, just really low tier nerdy. You are getting me drunker though.

You can start blaming me tomorrow afternoon. There's always at least two to four people doing initial screening though.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I probably donated like $50 at the last one with comments like "gently caress cancer" and "my mom kicked cancer in the scrotum" only to find out after the fact that they don't read profanity, buncha fuckin prudes

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

UIApplication posted:

I probably donated like $50 at the last one with comments like "gently caress cancer" and "my mom kicked cancer in the scrotum" only to find out after the fact that they don't read profanity, buncha fuckin prudes

drat, what a waste of $50!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

timp posted:

I'll take low energy and informative over awkward silence or some egotistical sperglord that loves to hear the sound of his own voice and thinks he's hilarious

I'll agree with that.

• Locked thread