Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

elentar posted:

You can start blaming me tomorrow afternoon. There's always at least two to four people doing initial screening though.

I know you're probably not aloud but I'd love to hear all the terrible donations the screeners have to sift through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Meh, they're pandering to the internet in an attempt to get the internet to donate more money for charity, and it works.

Yeah, I mean at least they're big enough they don't have to resort to the "watch some dumbass eat something stupid" kind of stuff.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

I'll agree with that.

It's not low energy, it's chill :colbert:

Low energy is whatever those sonic couches were. When they weren't being abrasive.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

RIP gari.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Whoa, Hippy just took the lead. :stare:

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Let it be known that I never stopped believing in you, hippie

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

NoUU posted:

I know you're probably not aloud but I'd love to hear all the terrible donations the screeners have to sift through.

They track all the donations on their site, not sure if the donations that get screened out still get posted there, but you could always sift through that if you're looking for stuff

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
drat, all three runners have had substantial leads so far...this has been a great race!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

We believe in you Rush-hero

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
TBH, races are the best part of *GDQs and this one plus the Metroid race (AGDQ '15?) that was really close, both are exceptional.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Ya totally missed how that happened. Good race here.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

UIApplication posted:

I probably donated like $50 at the last one with comments like "gently caress cancer" and "my mom kicked cancer in the scrotum" only to find out after the fact that they don't read profanity, buncha fuckin prudes

You do understand that the entire legitimacy of this enterprise depends on keeping up that very, very thin facade, right?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Meh, they're pandering to the internet in an attempt to get the internet to donate more money for charity, and it works.

that and not everyone is so jaded with internet culture that hearing old memes gives them palpitations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Reading donations over the best music in the game

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Totally called this race

:smug:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chakan posted:

TBH, races are the best part of *GDQs and this one plus the Metroid race (AGDQ '15?) that was really close, both are exceptional.

AGDQ 2014. Well regarded as the hypest race, if not the hypest segment, ever to appear at a *GDQ.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rush still sucks, but good job, everyone.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

That was a cool run, really close too.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

lol they messed up the timers again

that was a cool race though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

#KrocTheVote

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

timp posted:

AGDQ 2014. Well regarded as the hypest race, if not the hypest segment, ever to appear at a *GDQ.

I dunno, there are a lot of contenders. Blind Punchout was some literal 80s movie Karate Kid poo poo in every way.

And TGM may be the most :stare: moment I've ever experienced... though 1 frame Fzero GX stunts was close.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Uh, were they supposed to stop the clocks when each person finished? :shrug:

Oh hot drat, never mind, best Donkey Kong music right here.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

timp posted:

drat, what a waste of $50!

I know right

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Audience participation at an all time low.

I appreciate that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I spot a long haired gamer

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

E4C85D38 posted:

A whole lot of terrible, terrible DKC-themed puns strung together, like "I hope you all have a barrel blast" and "someone is going to get jungle beaten" and it just kept going

sounds good

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

argondamn posted:

Audience participation at an all time low.

I appreciate that.

They're just far enough away that we can't hear then. Thank god.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

victrix posted:

I dunno, there are a lot of contenders. Blind Punchout was some literal 80s movie Karate Kid poo poo in every way.

And TGM may be the most :stare: moment I've ever experienced... though 1 frame Fzero GX stunts was close.
TGM's back, too, this time with a couple of the world's best players visiting from Japan if I read correctly. Should be loving mind blowing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

victrix posted:

That almost caused me to modify my post before posting...it's definitely up there as a contender for greatest moment.

Tetris was great, but not an actual speedrun so I don't think it counts :colbert:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

timp posted:

The SM64 race on the last day this year should be amazing.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

TGM's back, too, this time with a couple of the world's best players visiting from Japan if I read correctly. Should be loving mind blowing.

Oh poo poo they got some of the Japanese players? I was already pretty excited to see TGM return, but this just instantly rocketed it up to my most anticipated block. :holy:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mods namechange to Long Haired Gamer tia

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The race against the clock at AGDQ2014 to get to a million in donations was my favorite thing. Plus it was a really good Chrono Trigger run.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Why no Super Mario 3D World run :saddowns:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:stare:

How the hell

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

SWMadness posted:

Oh poo poo they got some of the Japanese players? I was already pretty excited to see TGM return, but this just instantly rocketed it up to my most anticipated block. :holy:
https://twitter.com/KevinDDR/status/624438085825138688

KAN and SQR will be playing TGM 2 and 3. Tetris won't know what hit it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

#RoolTheBallot

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

did I just hear him say poo poo game quit forever?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

argondamn posted:

did I just hear him say poo poo game quit forever?

That's what I heard

dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
I'm sad to report that shitgamequitforever.com isn't up

• Locked thread