Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

tow gunner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I remember we all failed afield day inspection Fri having to redo it that night and reinspect 0630 Sat

And a platoon was opfor for another unit and someone lost a radio so we had to come in all day Sat and Sunday and comb the deserts $1500 radio for like thousands upon thousands in logistics and manpower

(Was never found of course)

That's weird, I know a guy who lost an encrypted radio thiing in Iraq. It came with a strap that's supposed to stay around your body at all times. He of course took it off, put it on top of the truck (like a latte), and lost it somewhere in the desert. The entire theater had to change their radio codes. Nothing happened, career-wise, and this was the kind of dick who NJP'd someone for ND-ing a SAW full of blanks during a 'SAW Gunning For non-03's' training session. There is no such thing as Karma.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

i dont think being in a tank scout platoon would be terrible

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Why do the Marines fly F 18s, Harriers and F-35s? Is it in case they need to put a bomb somewhere and they've forgotten the Navy or Air Force's phone number?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Why do the Marines fly F 18s, Harriers and F-35s? Is it in case they need to put a bomb somewhere and they've forgotten the Navy or Air Force's phone number?

part of the magtf concept, basic idea is you have a self sufficient expeditionary force on call for emergency stuff

vains
May 26, 2004

canyoneer posted:

well first, the marine corps is a joke. the navys army henderson field lol. second, the f35 is a joke that doesnt need a punchline. just typing 'f35' is making me lol. but the f35 adds to the humor of the navys army airforce

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

well first, the marine corps is a joke. the navys army henderson field lol. second, the f35 is a joke that doesnt need a punchline. just typing 'f35' is making me lol. but the f35 adds to the humor of the navys army airforce

Same can be said of the Harrier but with an asterisk showing how many pilots it has killed

vains
May 26, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Same can be said of the Harrier but with an asterisk showing how many pilots it has killed

even though marine pilots are possibly the least gay after dustoff pilots: anything that kills pilots before they blue on blue or kill someone through sheer recklessness is good.

the pilot gayness spectrum is so narrow that its really hard to make a distinction though

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

An F-18 pilot almost killed Karzai in 2001 and for that miss I'll never forgive them

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Northern Australia has cheaper beer than Perth did and is therefore better.

gently caress you all. Suck my dick from the back fagg to.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I remember unpacking a comm connex because gunny lost the sheet that needed to be copied and put on the door. Like on his way to copy it, somehow he had lost it.

If any of you get put on N street I hope your suicide is quick and painless.

mad_Thick
Aug 4, 2014

Internet Wizard posted:

Haha jk gunny on duty just called another all-hands formation oorah

Marine Corps can suck a dick

Halfway through my contract before I can start making that contracting cash

Such a boot..

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

mad_Thick posted:

Such a boot..

Before my 2631 class date got moved up, I wasn't going to hit the fleet until I was a corporal a month away from my 3 year mark.

With just a national defense.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
We just had a pubbie join #gip and ask a bunch of Marine Corps questions.

But we didn't have any Marines in chat!

Oh noes.

Add #gip to your autojoin and come idle with us.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Marine chat:

When I was thinking about re-enlisting from the army to the Marine Corp I ended up going through the long rear end process of going either enlisted or officer since I was close to graduating college with my degree in nursing.

Once I cleared MEPS I had 2 weeks to wait until I talked with the recruiting OIC to discuss my options.

One week before that my recruiter called me up and asked me to be a witness at his courthouse wedding to his ex wife who he had divorced twice before. She was the epitome of dependapotomous figure and personality.

It was a beautiful courthouse wedding.... Just me, the recruiter, his wife and some private who was on liberty after graduating from boot.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

xaarman posted:

We just had a pubbie join #gip and ask a bunch of Marine Corps questions.

But we didn't have any Marines in chat!

Oh noes.

Add #gip to your autojoin and come idle with us.

Tell them to wait for a war before enlisting USMC 0300 if they want a realistic chance at killing a human being.

If they don't want to be a 0300/join in time of war/kill a human being,

Tell them to suck my dick.

From the back.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Internet Wizard posted:

Before my 2631 class date got moved up, I wasn't going to hit the fleet until I was a corporal a month away from my 3 year mark.

With just a national defense.

Congrats on enlisting in peace time yo. Good luck with all the cigarette butts and grass clippings.

vains
May 26, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

Tell them to wait for a war before enlisting USMC 0300 if they want a realistic chance at killing a human being.

If they don't want to be a 0300/join in time of war/kill a human being,

Tell them to suck my dick.

From the back.

this but with any trace of irony removed

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
cool av veins

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

this but with any trace of irony removed

Telling people to enlist as Marine infantry is really the only time I'm sincere on here.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you are going to enlist, Infantry is the only real choice. And only during a war.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Time your ETS so that you get the gently caress out when poo poo starts winding down and getting nice and garrison gay.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Being a Huey crew chief has to be a pretty sweet job

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

Because.... ?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Victor Vermis posted:

Because.... ?

You chopper around Vietnam style with the doors open and shoot stuff and people with your minigun

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Bob A Feet posted:

You chopper around Vietnam style with the doors open and shoot stuff and people with your minigun

This is exactly the kind of poo poo recruiters use to trick dumb 18 year olds into enlisting in lovely MOS's.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In Bob's defense (I feel dirty typing it), The times I got to shoot the .50 out of the 53's doors was almost worth all the time I had to waste doing field days and poo poo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Enlisting in the military to spend more time around guns/tanks/explosions/airplanes is like dreaming of working in a strip club.

The shine will wear off and you'll still be a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Victor Vermis posted:

Enlisting in the military to spend more time around guns/tanks/explosions/airplanes is like dreaming of working in a strip club.

The shine will wear off and you'll still be a stupid rear end in a top hat.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Victor Vermis posted:

The shine will wear off and you'll still be a stupid rear end in a top hat with no career prospects when you want to get out.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I thought contracting work was a viable option for a young marine now adays provided you get a OTH or bette discharge?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The contracts have been drying up for the past few years (though will probably turn around soon vote Trump 2016) so you pretty much need a clearance plus skills/experience.

Discount_Bees
Aug 1, 2007

How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Bob A Feet posted:

This is what I got suckered into doing and it's actually super dumb.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Discount_Bees posted:

draw me like one of your french girls

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Discount_Bees posted:

Ever get to poo poo/piss out of the doors while mid-flight?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

Discount_Bees posted:

have you shot a minigun? if yes then your job is better than 99% of other marines.

again like you said that doesn't mean much

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bob A Feet posted:

have you shot a minigun? if yes then your job is better than 99% of other marines.

Not if he's maintaining it. Those things sound like a loving nightmare maintenance wise

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

Boot A Feet

vains
May 26, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

• Locked thread