Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat great ithyll cursed + fetid + rotted and im close to the end of NG+. i think im just about out of things to do but the game is just so loving fun. where is the DLC. i want like 50 new randomized dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this may be just me but I really hope the DLC doesn't have a lot of chalice dungeon stuff. it's neat if they add some for people who want more but if it's just chalice dungeons I'd be bummed.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Agreed. I liked the chalice dungeons but I want more of the main game and if it was a lot of chalice stuff I'd be bummed too

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The chalice dungeons are great for what they are, its just you engaging in bloodborne combat which owns. It misses one of the coolest parts of the souls series though which is exploring the levels and finding secrets, lore poo poo, shortcuts, and interesting loot. Most of the loot is just stuff to do more chalice dungeons, theres really no secrets or shortcuts, and theres not much lore except for a few little things and the last boss I guess. The combat is still fun but that has nothing inherently to do with the chalice dungeons themselves, its just that bloodborne is fun to play regardless of the circumstances

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

blood chunks and rocks being absurdly rare is kind of dumb. i mean for a rock you can just cheat and look up glyphs online but why are chunks 30 insight each? jfc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

blood chunks and rocks being absurdly rare is kind of dumb. i mean for a rock you can just cheat and look up glyphs online but why are chunks 30 insight each? jfc

they used to not even be in the shop. That was patched in a month ago maybe

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

they used to not even be in the shop. That was patched in a month ago maybe

supposedly you can find them in chalice dungeons more too now, that also used to not be a thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

supposedly you can find them in chalice dungeons more too now, that also used to not be a thing

ive done a few depth 5 root chalices and i only get 1-2 from boss kills. i never find them as loot but i have like 300 level 5 ritual bloods

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

You get a lot of them in chalice dungeons if you do cursed/rotted/fetid depth 5 ones. you can get blood rocks from the bosses sometimes too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really wish the loot in chalice dungeons had something to do with their difficulty. one time i got an absolutely horrid room in a lower loran root, i got to the gold chest room but inside there were two wolves, two psycho lady things, and a bunch of spiders when it's normally just a big empty room with one "miniboss" enemy guarding it.

open the gold chest and it's a bunch of ritual blood

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

The suspicious beggar turns into Abhorrent Beast outside the cathedral if you rescue him

It's only if you attack him, regardless of where he is. I killed that fucker although his dialogue makes me feel bad for him.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rediscover posted:

this is the most effective one reborn strategy, or strat as it were

I used a saw cleaver and just went ham on his sides. It worked pretty well. It's also the only boss fight I think where you can hide and not get hit I think. I gotta say too the area leading up to him is cool, the enemies are disgusting.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 27, 2015

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
The first time I got to that roof he is on there were a whole ton of notes saying like "Fear beast" and then there was this dude rooting around in some bodies, so I stabbed his rear end in the back. Cue him turning around, saying something to the effect of "you must be a dumb motherfucker" then completely wrecking my poo poo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Have you got a screw loose...or is it your animal intuition?"

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Yeah, it made me laugh pretty good, but man, at the time I barely even dented his life bar; he was a pain in the rear end to kill. Second playthrough I sent him to the clinic and let her deal with him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hes not bad in NG+ when youve got the stats and skill for him. but i can imagine him totally destroying a first timer, hes one of the hardest chalice bosses

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You aren't able to Cheese him in the Chalice either. Scrubgamer here.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you can use poison knives if you really want .. i think its bad for the soul t o do things like that though.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

I.N.R.I posted:

you can use poison knives if you really want .. i think its bad for the soul t o do things like that though.

Someone was like "oh, you can use poison knives on defiled Keeper", and I tried it, and it was kinda bullshit, and I just used the beast claws instead. That was the only time I ever tried them. Do they actually work worth a drat on Abhorrent Beast?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the only thing I ever tried poison knives on was the chikage hunter cause he was so tough but they honestly suck worse than just fighting normally, like it seems like more effort/harder trying to use them

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I use them on henryk every time just cuz it's easy to poison him at the start and kite so you don't hit Eileen with wild swings

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

apropos to nothing posted:

the only thing I ever tried poison knives on was the chikage hunter cause he was so tough but they honestly suck worse than just fighting normally, like it seems like more effort/harder trying to use them

This is definitely the impression I got, but I'm not an ace player like you guys, so I wondered if I was just like doing it wrong

Dec 26, 2012

on some bosses it works well because they're slow enough to hit with a couple + only take 2-3 to get poisoned but on most it's not really worth it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the only time ive ever used poison knives in a souls game was on the anor londo archers before they patched them to be less mean

e: nvm it was poison arrows. but still

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tip for npc hunters: use a fairly quick weapon (sawhunter, longsword, etc.) and just keep hitting R1. they will stupidly wander into your flurry over and over

some NPCs are a little trigger happy but you just need to be a bit more careful with them, they will still act like total idiots

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

tip for npc hunters: use a fairly quick weapon (sawhunter, longsword, etc.) and just keep hitting R1. they will stupidly wander into your flurry over and over

some NPCs are a little trigger happy but you just need to be a bit more careful with them, they will still act like total idiots

Yeah I found the Saw Cleaver the best as it pretty much stunlocks them.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the saw cleaver is insanely good and for my money, the best starting weapon

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

correct

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah pretty much

the transformed bandit axe has an extremely wicked charge-up attack though that is insanely loving useful

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I found the axe really helps early on your first time too. The knockback effect is extremely useful.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tfw youre on ng++ and you kill father gascione in a flash and he doesnt touch you once

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bobnumerotres posted:

tfw youre on ng++ and you kill father gascione in a flash and he doesnt touch you once

That was me yesterday with the Blades of Mercy, he was dead before he even transformed.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
whens the pc version coming

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Never

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
that's quite a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used poison knives on my last run to kill Eileen at a really low level so I could play the whole game with bom. On the hand it felt dirty but on the other I used every knife I had and she still a pixel of health left and she could one shot me so it became an insanely tense fight after all

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

I used poison knives on my last run to kill Eileen at a really low level so I could play the whole game with bom. On the hand it felt dirty but on the other I used every knife I had and she still a pixel of health left and she could one shot me so it became an insanely tense fight after all

She is a really easy to fight if you lead her out into a wider area first. I took her to the stairway between the grandma's house and the barrels that hide the path to Eileen and poked her to death with the cane.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've never killed Eileen. she deserves better you monsters

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I like how after every fight she's really beat up and exhausted, it makes her seem way cooler and bad rear end than if she just owned her opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never killed Eileen. she deserves better you monsters

I saved her on one playthrough and then murdered her in another :twisted: