Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

SleepingPizza posted:

is getting a eye, buying a stick, making a staff and selling it no longer profitable?

AFAIK Spider Leg street ATM is around 210m. Assuming Nox Staff is still close to its ge mid, you're losing 7m. Whether or not that's the case I'm not too sure. It's possible that Nox jumped as a consequence of the leg spiking (and so is possibly still profitable to make) but I kind of doubt it since the existing supply is substantial whereas the existing supply of Scythes was/is much lower (which is why the leg went up).

Regardless the prices will settle eventually, so the eyes will be worth something in the future. Just sucks to get them now when you're dumping supplies into killing Araxxor and presumably want to start making that money back some time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
might be because for the past like, 6 months the only weapon people have been making from araxx are staves. There has got to be way more staves than scythes and bows in game.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:rip: account

My shady ways finally caught up to me. I am free!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My only regret is that I didn't bot to max cape before I got banned

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

lol that was pretty expected. It hasn't been safe to bot for a long time now. RIP magres.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I haven't botted in the better part of a year :shrug:

My favorite part of it is that they didn't cancel my subscription and would have tried to continue to rebill me because :jagex:

Oh well! My only actual concern is that using Runescape as low-level distraction and essentially mental white noise helps me focus (specifically it makes my ADD happy). Anyone know of any games where you can mostly afk and make some progress, then switch over to actively playing and have gameplay that's a little more engaging than Runescape? My trouble with the game was always that, in general, actually actively playing the game really bored me because I'm primarily into action RPGs. I was considering trying (lol) Maplestory but I don't know how much I can AFK in that.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 26, 2015

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I haven't played Maplestory in.... 5? 6? years, but last I played there wasn't any really afk content.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Magres posted:

My favorite part of it is that they didn't cancel my subscription and would have tried to continue to rebill me because :jagex:

Oh well! My only actual concern is that using Runescape as low-level distraction and essentially mental white noise helps me focus (specifically it makes my ADD happy). Anyone know of any games where you can mostly afk and make some progress, then switch over to actively playing and have gameplay that's a little more engaging than Runescape? My trouble with the game was always that, in general, actually actively playing the game really bored me because I'm primarily into action RPGs. I was considering trying (lol) Maplestory but I don't know how much I can AFK in that.

AdventureQuest Worlds :q:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

What's :q: mean? idgi, though I'm guessing something like :v:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Now that you can't play Runescape anymore that means you can focus your energies on Redditscape instead~

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

You should make a new account :-)

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Spergminer posted:

"Born on Friday, July 23, 2004"

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Read posted:

Last Played: 2223 days ago

The game is still bad, don't even start

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Haha yeah, I figured as much. I just logged in for nostalgia.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So the moral of the story is even if you think your safe don't afk on HCIM:

Goons reacting:

Pubies PM'ing:

The only thing that really annoys me here is that my Ghost Hunter kept over my C staff (I am cursed to always loose my staff ask AUGSTER.

I cant even disable ironman for 7 days to acess the ge because :jagex:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Bahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Swicky fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 27, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Swicky you're the best

Never kill Araxxor again and lord it over all of the pubbies that you're the luckiest bastard

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

please explain this picture to me

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I don't know what's going on there, but I want to know how to get a 40 minute rear end buff.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I explained this in chat but, it's a guy getting a Web / Leg piece at the same time after a long dry streak.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Just did my very first Araxxor kill after trying for like 6 hours to kill her-spider leg bottom, aw yeah.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
But what about the donkey buff?

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
I don't know about that yet, working my rear end off to find out.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
It's a bonfire buff, use 5 logs of the same type on a bonfire and get a specified amount of extra hp depending on level for x time depending on the log

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
The one next to it is a bonfire buff, we want to know what the donkey is.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Beast of Burden pouch used on a legendary pet

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rip/Congrats Magres. You're free. Run! RUN!

But as for other games, i've got no idea but shout out if you happen to find one.

Read posted:

That anime. :smugmrgw:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Someone do this for me but for free thanks

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=XKsBvmYmdBQ/forums.ws?194,195,746,65487886,0,333304701

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Magres posted:

EVE ONLINE

it's about as engaging as you can get for the 'tism.

the afk part is where you shoot NPCs with goons in a drone ship and lose it hilariously to Sa Matra.

E: Just kidding, only do this if you have no future or self esteem.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 27, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Do not play Eve,i just got out of that game and boy it's poo poo

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Leveling Cooking is really easy in OSR these days, with the GE and being able to cook your entire inventory in one go. I went from 5 to 65 in two days and made money in the process.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Spend a lot of the night painstainklingly doing Dungeoneering for 40k tokens to get an off-hand crossbow, i just get it and accidentallly buy a rapier. I loving hate this game. Safety you win

Read
Dec 21, 2010

lmao

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Swicky posted:

Spend a lot of the night painstainklingly doing Dungeoneering for 40k tokens to get an off-hand crossbow, i just get it and accidentallly buy a rapier. I loving hate this game. Safety you win

can jagex fix it?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I tried eve once

it was awful

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Lol all those posts you did about you boting intelligently and how you'd never get caught are now infinitely more funny Magres

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Jagex lied, magres died

fankwart
Sep 27, 2013

am I the only one drinking?

Any idea how much that kind of stuff costs?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

Lol all those posts you did about you boting intelligently and how you'd never get caught are now infinitely more funny Magres

Pride goeth before a fall :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The obvious answer is to keep playing RS but to bot harder so you catch up to where you were