Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Why does Bite Force look more like a raptor than the bot named after a raptor is my question. So our finale is Bite Force x Tombstone then...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ghost Raptor finally fell apart

RIP

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding
Bite Force has a great pilot. Bronco looked very slow and unresponsive in its match. I feel like they could have won with better control

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Aww Ghost Raptor :(

Good effort at least.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like Bite Force is about to get really lucky.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Ghost raptor guy is such a self centered jackass. I'm glad he got his poo poo handed to him finally.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pakled posted:

Bite Force is gonna get torn apart by Tombstone.

Ehhhh depends on how well armored the plow attachment was. Warhead is nothing, but a flat plow attachment with nothing to catch on is a great idea. The only issue is if its something like Razorback where it was thin enough for a whole to be ripped out of it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SpartanIV posted:

Ghost raptor guy is such a self centered jackass. I'm glad he got his poo poo handed to him finally.

??????

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Lol at the "three favorites." Nightmare is tolerable because its design is so goofy, but idgaf about the other two.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

YAY! Grudge Match!

Milk
Milk
Lemonade

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Nice to see Witch Doctor again though, that was the one match last episode that could have gone either way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Wonder how Nightmare will beat itself this time

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Lol at the "three favorites." Nightmare is tolerable because its design is so goofy, but idgaf about the other two.

gently caress you Witch Doctor owned.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If Biteforce can stack on a heavily enough armored wedge it can win. If not, it's gonna get wrecked.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Xelkelvos posted:

Nightmare is legitimately a bad rear end bot though. It sucks it doesn't have a way to right itself, but Nightmare was always my favorite in the battlebots series. The other 2, one is a girl and the other I don't know why it's a favorite :D

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Xelkelvos posted:

But yeah, this match is the best and Inertia Labs will probably practice for another match against Tombstone or a Tombstone-like next year They had the right idea with the extended flipper, but they didn't seem to have the bot all properly balanced for it.

Third time's the charm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsSVItSO4LI

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

gently caress you Witch Doctor owned.

This.

gently caress the MIT guys tho, both for being hugely entitled little shits and for what was mentioned earlier re: Razor.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

It's not even Thursday and it's time for a threefer!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

How did Bronco lose? :(

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Witch Doctor's minibot trying futilely to right it was hilarious.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hahaha, watching Nightmare fight is the best. loving love that goofy bot :h:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

WAKE UP CHAMP!
CHAMP WAKE UP!

CHAAAAAAAMP!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nightmare didn't implode for once

Hah

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pakled posted:

Witch Doctor's minibot trying futilely to right it was hilarious.

Shaman is the best :3:

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

You'd think it'd be prepared to get flipped again, but it was amusing watching Shaman trying to get Witch Doctor back up and moving.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

How did Bronco lose? :(

It lost a wheel on one side and the other was jammed by the protective plate.

Also, Nightmare won :haw:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Seiyal posted:

You'd think it'd be prepared to get flipped again, but it was amusing watching Shaman trying to get Witch Doctor back up and moving.

Honestly they probably didn't even have time to do any sort of adjustment or modification. They seem to have rapid-fired these matchups, and I'm curious as to how much time each bot actually had between matches.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Boy I'm sure glad Warhead and Chomp got wildcards over Nightmare

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Looks like Bite Force has added some armor to the front and the grabby bits.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Oh Snapple! posted:

Honestly they probably didn't even have time to do any sort of adjustment or modification. They seem to have rapid-fired these matchups, and I'm curious as to how much time each bot actually had between matches.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how long of a break there was between the matches (if any) because some bots seemed to tweak their bots towards certain opponents and you'd think they'd need a little bit of time to do that. (Unless I'm remembering that wrong.)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
these dweebs make football players and pro fighters look like well adjusted eloquent people

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Go Tombstone.

gently caress Biteforce.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Time to place your bets: who's taking home the trophy?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Tombstone for chalk.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Seiyal posted:

Tombstone

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I bet there was probably a plan for a third place fight but Bronco turned out to be just too damaged to operate.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Commercials :argh:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Seiyal posted:

Bite Force

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Welp. This whole thing was a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well, there's Tombstone's weakness - defense wedges

• Locked thread