Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

JackBadass posted:

How is your character the only survivor of Vault 111? If children are immortal, shouldn't your baby still be alive?

It's been 200 years, so clearly Shaun survived for 18 years and then got exploded in a delayed reaction.

Edit: Is this also the general Fallout/Fallout: NV thread, or is there another thread for discussion of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Rincewind posted:

It's been 200 years, so clearly Shaun survived for 18 years and then got exploded in a delayed reaction.

Edit: Is this also the general Fallout/Fallout: NV thread, or is there another thread for discussion of them?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3439576 there's this one for NV and I think another thread specifically for NV modding.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Rincewind posted:

The Fallout New Vegas thread pretty much does double duty since most people play F3 with Tale of Two Wastelands.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

STILL RELEVANT :reject:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Needs more DEBT

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also pretty cool!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

frajaq posted:

Also pretty cool!

WITNESS!!!

[7/100 Intelligence] Jump on war rig.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just want to know if the Old State House is in 4 so I can find the cane that beat Charels Sumner. I fully expect challenge perks to come back and for Southern Hospitality to involve crippling 200 legs with the walking cane.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 27, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Crabtree posted:

I just want to know if the Old State House is in 4 so I can find the cane that beat Charels Sumner. I fully expect challenge perks to come back and for Southern Hospitality to involve crippling 200 legs with the walking cane.

Like 3/4 of the reason I'm excited for this game is visiting various local landmarks, to be honest.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Rincewind posted:

Like 3/4 of the reason I'm excited for this game is visiting various local landmarks, to be honest.

You should expect to see how a retro future would change certain landmarks and locations. Otherwise there's no point to pick notable cities like Vegas, D.C. or Boston. Not calling your wish dumb or anything, just that should be half the reason they pick a place at all. How it was before the war and how the wasteland has evolved after the bombs fell.

Of course, how much good scenery and landmarks we get, even in dilapidated ruins, is a question I'm not sure I'd like to see how Bethesda answers.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

cargohills posted:

The level cap will probably be at the point where you max out your SPECIAL stats, like it worked in Skyrim (where the cap was the point you maxed your skills)
While that would explain all the training rooms in Fallout Shelter, I'd be kind of disappointed if the inevitable conclusion of every character were perfect seven-10s master race supermen.

Fibby Boy posted:

He made his way to Little Lamplight before you woke up.
So he really is this game's villain....

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Crabtree posted:

You should expect to see how a retro future would change certain landmarks and locations. Otherwise there's no point to pick notable cities like Vegas, D.C. or Boston. Not calling your wish dumb or anything, just that should be half the reason they pick a place at all. How it was before the war and how the wasteland has evolved after the bombs fell.

Of course, how much good scenery and landmarks we get, even in dilapidated ruins, is a question I'm not sure I'd like to see how Bethesda answers.

They strapped rockets to a three masted frigate. That really justifies the price of entry to me, finding who thought this was a good idea and exactly what illicit substance they were on at the time.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

FronzelNeekburm posted:

While that would explain all the training rooms in Fallout Shelter, I'd be kind of disappointed if the inevitable conclusion of every character were perfect seven-10s master race supermen.

If the perk system is done well then there should still be some variation between top-level characters. Even if they aren't, it won't really be that different to New Vegas - by the level cap you'll have maxed nearly all the skills in that game.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

I will be severely disappointed if that is not a unique melee weapon.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Being set in Boston, I'm going to be sorely disappointed if I can't make a backpack bomb.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Crabtree posted:

Well, I'm sure we'll get good scenery-- Bethseda made Skyrim, which I think is gorgeous, and the environments in the preview videos all look really nice. So even if the local color doesn't ring true, I'll still like it on that basis alone, probably.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

frajaq posted:

Huh, usually Nazi propaganda is meant to be reviled, but some people really took a liking to the looks of it.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Crabtree posted:

You should expect to see how a retro future would change certain landmarks and locations.
I'm excited because apparently Scollay Square is still around, so there's no City Hall Plaza in the world of Fallout.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Has there been any new gameplay footage or just rehashes of the E3 stuff we've already seen?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Broose posted:

Has there been any new gameplay footage or just rehashes of the E3 stuff we've already seen?

Think still only E3 so far. I mean there was new footage at QuakeCon but it was press-only or something like that

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

frajaq posted:

Think still only E3 so far. I mean there was new footage at QuakeCon but it was press-only or something like that

Plenty of new stuff was at Quakecon but according to one of the write ups they had guards walking around and keeping an eye on the audience to make sure no one was filming - kind of like how teachers wander around a classroom during an exam. I'm sure we'll get to see it sooner or later.

Rumour has it that had anyone been caught, they'd be dragged onto the stage where Todd Howard could consume their youth in front of everyone as a warning to the rest. It's how he keeps his baby face appearance and luscious locks.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

JackBadass posted:

How is your character the only survivor of Vault 111? If children are immortal, shouldn't your baby still be alive?
Still calling your baby turns out to be the main antagonist somehow.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Rumour has it that had anyone been caught, they'd be dragged onto the stage where Todd Howard could consume their youth in front of everyone as a warning to the rest. It's how he keeps his baby face appearance and luscious locks.

I thought he got those just by consuming John Romero.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

frajaq posted:

Dammit Todd Howard, you can have our beloved 90's franchises but leave our soil alone!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

"Cesspool" only has two s's in it. :colbert:

(also Nazi stuff)

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Dammit Todd Howard, you can have our beloved 90's franchises but leave our soil alone!

The whole soil erosion thing is still one of the dumbest things people ever latched on to. It exists and it's just an advanced smoothing tool in the construction kit, but somehow people managed to think that

A. Bethesda claimed that SOIL WILL ERODE IN REAL TIME!

and

B. Not doing the stupid thing claimed in A was a gross lie on Bethesda's part.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 27, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Jethro posted:

I'm excited because apparently Scollay Square is still around, so there's no City Hall Plaza in the world of Fallout.

Oh thank god, the last thing I need to see is a bunch of red poo poo bricks leading up to weird concrete squares and rectangles. I guess whoever said the area was "too seedy" got turned into Green Goo before they found Fallout's version of I.M. Pei.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

frajaq posted:

Was "teen rating" ever a serious concern?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Timeless Appeal posted:

Still calling your baby turns out to be the main antagonist somehow.

He's living in a microwave in your lower torso and commands your body. You just can't see it through the jumpsuit in the trailer.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the best fallout game came out in 2010

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Dongicus posted:

the best fallout game came out in 2008

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dongicus posted:

the best fallout game came out on iPhone just recently

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

computer parts posted:

Was "teen rating" ever a serious concern?

its no more mutants bullshit. they are pissed that the game a isometric rpg which hasnt aged as well as they would love to think. the games are still very good. its just those people were/still enraged over any changed to a pretty much dead franchise.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 27, 2015

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I also don't really think fallout 3 + nv had "twitch gaming" considering how clunky and bogged down everything felt. It's not like the transition into an fps turned it into quake.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its no more mutants bullshit. they are pissed that the game a isometric rpg which hasnt aged as well as they would love to think. the games are still very good. its just those people were/still enraged over any changed to a pretty much dead franchise.

People care very deeply about the well thought out lore of Fallout. It's totally not just piles of random crap crammed into a single game.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

do not change peoples words. it is a gay thing to do

inb4 a epic edit :razz:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

is that game actually any good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yeah

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dongicus posted:

is that game actually any good

Vault 66 is over a hundred floors deep and comprised of nothing but bedrooms and the generators required to power them. Female wastelanders are turned away; only men can dwell in the safety of these quarters. From this Faustian bargain new life sprouts forth, for every once in a while--after one man turns to his roommate and asks, "Can I call you baby?" and chases him into the backroom--fresh flesh emerges...and the Vault headcount grows by 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Dongicus posted:

fart poop balls

Sorry, I tried.

• Locked thread