Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unmature
May 9, 2008

Paladinus posted:

You are pretty cool, just so you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

GueroDeEncanta posted:

Glad to see y'all love the Rickstaverse! I've spent the last several months writing it, and seeing the fan reactions has made it all worth it. As a real-life Jerry, it's always great to work on a project that people like.

I don't give a gently caress what you think Jerry

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm not saying it should win an award for websites, but it could certainly be nominated for an award for websites specifically about Rick and Morty, like... a Rickky or something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
probably the best content on instagram

settin the bar reaaal low

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

GueroDeEncanta posted:

Glad to see y'all love the Rickstaverse! I've spent the last several months writing it, and seeing the fan reactions has made it all worth it. As a real-life Jerry, it's always great to work on a project that people like.

Not to gush too much or anything, but the Rickstaverse should be shown in every entertainment company's boardroom as an example of how to use social media in new and fun ways, ways that haven't been utilized since like 2006 or whenever Nintendo stopped making interactive flash worlds for their games.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Solaris Knight posted:

Not to gush too much or anything, but the Rickstaverse should be shown in every entertainment company's boardroom as an example of how to use social media in new and fun ways, ways that haven't been utilized since like 2006 or whenever Nintendo stopped making interactive flash worlds for their games.

I did show it to some web devs/online marketing students I teach. It's awesome. Good job.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

I had no idea the Ricktaverse was coming. its amazing. I don't know who came up with the idea but its ingenuous use of social media to create a game was endlessly fascinating for me all day. i was clicking on all those tiles like a fiend. good work man. and the art is great as well. adult swims subversive marketing loving owns it every time. I seriously thought it was so successful that this sort of thing had been done before. but clearly this is the first "instagram game"

GueroDeEncanta
Jan 28, 2005

Typical posted:

I had no idea the Ricktaverse was coming. its amazing. I don't know who came up with the idea but its ingenuous use of social media to create a game was endlessly fascinating for me all day. i was clicking on all those tiles like a fiend. good work man. and the art is great as well. adult swims subversive marketing loving owns it every time. I seriously thought it was so successful that this sort of thing had been done before. but clearly this is the first "instagram game"

That's the buzzworthy twist! We pitched it as Powers of Ten meets Where's Waldo, with a dash of Banjo Kazooie. Stick with it guys, we have a few more levels launching with some of the next episodes.

Has anyone found the Grandma's Virginity reference yet?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean, they aired on episode on Instagram, which was loving insane. (but cool)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Good job everyone, this world sucks less, it sucked a lot to lose China Ill but this Rick and Morty stuff is amazing. Thanks everyone. Rick and Morty forever. All the time. You all one hundred years of posting, forever and ever, Rick and Morty.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

This sucks but makes sense after the last season, which was bizarrely unfunny compared to the last two.

Actually it was loving awesome, Prick.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy crap, a whole Morty Tract

Holy crap, several Morty Tracts

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 24, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
someone write a gamefaqs guide plz

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

someone write a gamefaqs guide plz

That would spoil all the fun

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I think I've found everything. I mean it wasn't hard. Just like clicking everything. But it was fun :)

Who wrote the jokes and flavour texts?

GueroDeEncanta
Jan 28, 2005

Affi posted:

I think I've found everything. I mean it wasn't hard. Just like clicking everything. But it was fun :)

Who wrote the jokes and flavour texts?

I did! I wrote everything from the comments to the Morty tracts and the video outcomes. It took up most of my summer, but it was so much fun to write.

Fun fact, all the Morty Tracts were drawn by hand by our storyboard artist. Everything from sketching to shading was done by hand.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
That is mega rad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

GueroDeEncanta posted:

I did! I wrote everything from the comments to the Morty tracts and the video outcomes. It took up most of my summer, but it was so much fun to write.

Fun fact, all the Morty Tracts were drawn by hand by our storyboard artist. Everything from sketching to shading was done by hand.
You are the freakin' man, holy poo poo. You really captured the feeling of the characters and in-jokes.
Love the r/mensrights dig, too.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

GueroDeEncanta posted:

Add me to the pile of people telling you how much fun this was. I could practically feel Rick belching in my ear as I read the captions.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

GueroDeEncanta posted:

drat, that is amazing. Thank you for your hard work! It was a very enjoyable ride, and totally looking forward to the continuation with the new planets! I've never been so interested in an internet click game before.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

alright I know all you goons torrented streamed and leaked these episodes already but it PREMIERES FOR REAL TONIGHT. So tune your Standard Def TV tubes to the adult swim network of cartoons and affix your eyeballs to the screen to watch it again. or stream it or what ever from the appropriate source.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/the-right-bathroom/

Oh also you can watch the adult swim party streaming from the website. Justin and Dan will be answering your questions live and ill be in the background.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Anyone know if this is a next-day show for Hulu Plus? I sincerely doubt it, but without cable I figure I might as well attempt to watch the show legally.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This'll probably change later, but right now that link leads to a clip of Summer encountering some terrifying toilets and it's hilarious (personally I would have settled for the fire hydrant).

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This'll probably change later, but right now that link leads to a clip of Summer encountering some terrifying toilets and it's hilarious (personally I would have settled for the fire hydrant).

:laffo: Wow, god am I ever sad that I watched those episodes early. Tuning in tonight tho

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/marathon/

There was a link talking about the party that went to there. Streaming marathon time kiddos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Typical posted:

alright I know all you goons torrented streamed and leaked these episodes already but it PREMIERES FOR REAL TONIGHT. So tune your Standard Def TV tubes to the adult swim network of cartoons and affix your eyeballs to the screen to watch it again. or stream it or what ever from the appropriate source.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/the-right-bathroom/

Oh also you can watch the adult swim party streaming from the website. Justin and Dan will be answering your questions live and ill be in the background.

I was always gonna watch it live dawg.

Also, parrrtyyyy shitttttt

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 26, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
All leak chat here tonight folks :toot:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll have to buy a digital subscription, I've got an early day tomorrow.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I appreciate Justin Roiland's dick towel shirt

I also appreciate how drunk all these people are

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nevermind!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME RICK AND MORTY

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Cool, we're starting from the same time as the end of the last season. Relatively.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Hahahaha that was good

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

New full of foreshadowing intro!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They changed the title sequence! gently caress yeah!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh god we're going all Fringe.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Oh god my got darn brain

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hahaha

edit: i'm rooting for the bottom-right potential reality

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People were complaining about that Native American head nod? What the gently caress? That was amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

My brain hurts

• Locked thread