Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Wicked Hate should read Berserk while listening to Viva la Vida on loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The meme is "Bees..."

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

the wildest rear end posted:

The meme is "Bees..."

This.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like bees.

I've never been stung but my sister has.

Also my grandmother and she nearly died cause of an allergic reaction.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im calling bees out

his rear end is going down this weekend at the imp zone third strike tournament

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also zoqfotpik but i dont think anyone here care about him

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

Wicked Hate should read Berserk while listening to Viva la Vida on loop.

Right now I'm listening to this.

I think I may quit Beserk, though. Darkness induced audience apathy like Devilman, except right from the start instead of being a gradual process.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shame, but Berserk certainly isn't for everyone.

How far did you get?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

How far did you get?

When he let the count's former doctor die.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have been stung by bees/wasps, I think three times in my life. At least that I can recall.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Terper posted:

I have been stung by bees/wasps, I think three times in my life. At least that I can recall.

Just the other day I let a wasp go unsmashed because I wanted to give it the chance to live peacefully. It stung me and I was forced to slay it anyway. It was tragic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Katanagatari

Mazui's is good (scroll down)
http://mazuisubs.com/torrents

There's a few on nyaa, i like the coalgirls one re-encoded by deadfish since it's easy to play thru my xbox
https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=331665

anyway it's real good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to watch more tommorow.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Berserk is cool because the author got tired of it being dark all the time and just started adding friendly characters because he wanted to write some fun interactions instead

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Schierke rules.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Meisai is the best

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

also zoqfotpik but i dont think anyone here care about him

I like him. He has a good av/username, and his posts make me laugh.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

re:Berserk
teen me thinks Serpico is really cool. overall i like Schierke and her dynamic w Guts more though. also i'm glad Farnese is getting better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

Berserk is cool because the author got tired of it being dark all the time and just started adding friendly characters because he wanted to write some fun interactions instead

Griffith should just hold an Idolm@ster competition and gather all the idols of wherever it is that Berserk takes place.

I bet Makoto could beat Guts in a fight.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Griffith should just hold an Idolm@ster competition and gather all the idols of wherever it is that Berserk takes place.

I'd prefer this to never seeing Berserk finish.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuk-fkA79pQ

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Guts is very powerful, in every way. Don't underestimate him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

WickedHate posted:

When he let the count's former doctor die.
I'd actually advise reading a bit further in that case.

The first arc of Berserk is pretty :black101: but Muira hasn't played his whole hand yet. Still might not be your cup of tea, but I'd at least read up until Guts gets inducted into the Band of the Hawks (which I think is around volume 4).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

Guts is very powerful, in every way. Don't underestimate him.

Yeah but Makoto is a chick who dresses up like a dude.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The most powerful kind of woman there is.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Fabulous Fitzgerald is another contender, I feel.

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19944064

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

I'd actually advise reading a bit further in that case.

The first arc of Berserk is pretty :black101: but Muira hasn't played his whole hand yet. Still might not be your cup of tea, but I'd at least read up until Guts gets inducted into the Band of the Hawks (which I think is around volume 4).

Alright, I'll start back up again tomorrow. I just hate immoral heroes. That's what got me to realize Mahouka was so bad, too. Heroes should be...better.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 27, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i was going to yell at you but instead ill say guts is not supposed to be someone you like, unlike in mahouka

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Volumes 3 and 4 definitely give you a better feel for what Guts' deal is.

There are reasons he acts the way he does, and I don't mean "I've had a hard life so it's okay for me to be mean."

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

WickedHate posted:

Alright, I'll start back up again tomorrow. I just hate immoral heroes. That's what got me to realize Mahouka was so bad, too.
Guts isn't immoral though. He's way past caring about morals and is in a world that is also way past caring about them.

Cake Attack posted:

i was going to yell at you but instead ill say guts is not supposed to be someone you like
Also this. Well, he gets better later.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cake Attack posted:

i was going to yell at you but instead ill say guts is not supposed to be someone you like, unlike in mahouka

The end result is that I don't like the protagonist either way.

Twiddy posted:

Guts isn't immoral though. He's way past caring about morals and is in a world that is also way past caring about them.

That's just another way of phrasing "immorality".

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to read Berserk... One day...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i mean i suppose it's fair to not read something in which you can't emotionally connect to any of the events because you can't connect to the characters, but i do think you're limiting yourself if you throw anything any in which the protagonist is unlikable since examining what makes an unlikable character who they are can still be interesting

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cake Attack posted:

i mean i suppose it's fair to not read something in which you can't emotionally connect to any of the events because you can't connect to the characters, but i do think you're limiting yourself if you throw anything any in which the protagonist is intentionally initially too flawed to be likeable

I am genuinely curious about his backstory from what I've been hearing about it, and he does apparently get better, but the way he's been going it's heavy poo poo he needs to atone for.

I'm just a very black and white person.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Feeling the need to reread Berserk now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i need to re-read it too, but i'd definitely say Guts has likable aspects

having made it through everything once, i didn't hold strong negative feelings about him

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to re-read it if it ever starts making regular progress again but until then eh, I can wait. When I do I'm not reading the Golden Age arc again though, I am so burnt out on that part.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Berserk has an official release right? I have been really enjoying reading my physical copies of Stardust Crusaders.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

WickedHate posted:

That's just another way of phrasing "immorality".
It really isn't though, but that'll only become more apparent as the story goes on. You just don't have a good handle on what Guts does yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's pretty much why Puck is there in the early volumes, to give you someone to relate to, even though it's mostly just just him going 'holy poo poo dude wtf'.

• Locked thread