Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

But where does the light of courage fit in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do in the last map with Cia, you're supposed to draw some Dinolfos so the Fairy fountain can shoot them? But I couldn't even find any Dinolfos and Violga shows up immediately to threaten Zelda.

Anyway I just started the part of the campaign where you play as Ganondorf. I don't know if it's the extra levels I gave him when I started (he was level 5 at the first level) or just that he hits as hard as he looks to be hitting, but the guy a friggin tank with ridiculous power moves. It's awesome. :iamafag:
I had a hilarious encounter with Impa in the level where you have to fight Lana. After killing some fakes for fun I weed out the real one and meet her.
Just standing there waiting I use the A special move blowing her back. After she got up and was nearly at me I used it again. I followed and used the fully powered X special move. Yet somehow she survives, so I meet her in combat and nearly get cut down by her pulling some weird guard move. I had to pull back to shatter a red jar to get my health back before properly defeating her. :psyduck:

For the Cia map, a couple of Poes and Dinolfos spawn once Volga powers up, they should be marked on the map. Once you run near them, they get 'leashed' to you and follow until you get close to the fairy fountain, at which point they stay there. Once all of the marked enemies, including Volga, are at the fountain, you can trigger the Great Fairy's attack, which wipes out all enemies outside Cia's fortress and nullifies Volga's powerup. You can defeat the non-Volga marked enemies instead of drawing them over, though; it's slower unless you're pretty overleveled, but it is an option. Volga respawns if defeated as long as he's powered up; you'll actually need to do this on hard mode if you want the stage's second skulltula.

For Impa, she was probably using the Naginata, her second weapon type; you can unlock it a little ways into Adventure Mode. It's much faster than her greatsword, though it has a little less range. Also, she powers up if you defeat too many clones, which buffs her health and damage and lowers the knockback she takes when hit, so it's harder to stun her when attacking. You can tell if enemies are powered up or have high morale because they glow their army color, usually red for enemies.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

kvx687 posted:

For the Cia map, a couple of Poes and Dinolfos spawn once Volga powers up, they should be marked on the map. Once you run near them, they get 'leashed' to you and follow until you get close to the fairy fountain, at which point they stay there. Once all of the marked enemies, including Volga, are at the fountain, you can trigger the Great Fairy's attack, which wipes out all enemies outside Cia's fortress and nullifies Volga's powerup. You can defeat the non-Volga marked enemies instead of drawing them over, though; it's slower unless you're pretty overleveled, but it is an option. Volga respawns if defeated as long as he's powered up; you'll actually need to do this on hard mode if you want the stage's second skulltula.

For Impa, she was probably using the Naginata, her second weapon type; you can unlock it a little ways into Adventure Mode. It's much faster than her greatsword, though it has a little less range. Also, she powers up if you defeat too many clones, which buffs her health and damage and lowers the knockback she takes when hit, so it's harder to stun her when attacking. You can tell if enemies are powered up or have high morale because they glow their army color, usually red for enemies.

I must've missed the markers on the map then. :confused: Despite staring at the bloody thing the whole time since it's the only way I can ever hope to find my way through the world, I was probably focused on locating Volga for another showdown. :shrug:
In case you were wondering, if you don't blast Volga with fairy magic, his power up is taken away by the power of a good speech making him come to his senses. No, it didn't make much sense to me.
I tried beating the powered up Volga with normally, but you really have to be high level to even consider that. He hits really hard.

All her clones were using the naginata, but the real one was using the sword. But now that you mention it, she was powered up. A lot of units were powered up in the previous level and I never really noticed (as in damage output or taking my hits), maybe she was the first one to properly use her power up. :shrug:

Bicyclops posted:

The 'dorf either mops the floor due to his incredible power or, because some of his power moves are a bit slow, takes just enough damage to lose you your A rank so often you want to scream at him.
He is a bit sluggish yes. But at least on normal he appears to have a lot of invincibility frames.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

He is a bit sluggish yes. But at least on normal he appears to have a lot of invincibility frames.

He does. It's once you hit the adventure maps you start to feel his speed. He's still incredibly powerful, though, as he should be.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

In case you were wondering, if you don't blast Volga with fairy magic, his power up is taken away by the power of a good speech making him come to his senses. No, it didn't make much sense to me.
I tried beating the powered up Volga with normally, but you really have to be high level to even consider that. He hits really hard.

I thought it was impossible to beat him solely cause he pulls a
"Volga used the dark power to recover"
out of his rear end when I got him down to a quarter of his health and then everybody proceeds to convince him he can beat us without the dark power and he goes ahead with it.

Quick confirm too that the Dorf is still a powerhouse even if you start his first mission at level one.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
Anyone have some tips for some of the Lvl 3 weapons in adventure mode? I am assuming that being say lvl 70+ will make it not a tedious grind to do.

My NNID is: Toxsyl

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Toxsyl posted:

Anyone have some tips for some of the Lvl 3 weapons in adventure mode? I am assuming that being say lvl 70+ will make it not a tedious grind to do.

My NNID is: Toxsyl

Any of them in particular?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ganondorf in this game is proof that Nintendo needs to make him a game.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Bicyclops posted:

Any of them in particular?

The Lv.3 Gate weapon mission is quite awful to do. Mostly since the weapon is pure trash.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Toxsyl posted:

Anyone have some tips for some of the Lvl 3 weapons in adventure mode?

Do the difficult ones first.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Toxsyl posted:

The Lv.3 Gate weapon mission is quite awful to do. Mostly since the weapon is pure trash.

The key to the gate is to attack with the strong attack button to get a summon and then do the combo to get the upgraded version of that one.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I just ended up using Twili Midna as the second player and win that way.

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Toxsyl posted:

That mission becomes easier to get an A-rank in once you learn how to use Lana's gate weapon. You're supposed to mash strong attack until you get the summon you want, and then immediately do the combo for it to get the upgraded version. For most of her upgrade combos, repeatedly hitting strong attack will cause her to summon two monsters instead of one, and then go into her really long and vulnerable jpop idol wannabe routine animation. I guess you can use these for taking out giant boss weak point gauges, but other than that I found these combo attacks to be mostly useless.

The exception to this is when she summons Argorok. Her upgraded BBBBY combo is one of the best attacks in the whole game for clearing out hordes of mooks.

If you're going to attempt the Lv.3 gate mission again using her, use the upgraded Argorok summon liberally for driving up your KO count, and in the room Link is in if you still need KOs.

Tuxide fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 15, 2015

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.

Tuxide posted:

That mission becomes easier to get an A-rank in once you learn how to use Lana's gate weapon. You're supposed to mash strong attack until you get the summon you want, and then immediately do the combo for it to get the upgraded version. For most of her upgrade combos, repeatedly hitting strong attack will cause her to summon two monsters instead of one, and then go into her really long and vulnerable jpop idol routine animation. I guess you can use these for taking out giant boss weak point gauges, but other than that I found these combo attacks to be mostly useless.

The exception to this is when she summons Argorok. Her upgraded BBBBY combo is one of the best attacks in the whole game for clearing out hordes of mooks.

If you're going to attempt the Lv.3 gate mission again using her, use the upgraded Argorok summon liberally for driving up your KO count, and in the room Link is in if you still need KOs.

I can never get Agorok to spawn consistently, also had this game freeze on me today. I ended up getting everything other than heart pieces and gold skulltulas in the Adventure modes today. I really wish this game had online coop.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Don't forget to get the combo badges for the gate. don't be like me and spend an hour wondering why i couldn't loving summon Argorok.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxide posted:

and then go into her really long and vulnerable jpop idol wannabe routine animation.

Don't you mean invulnerable? You're invincible once the blue orb appears around you. Of course, it's still usually better to dodge cancel the dance anyways so you can get back to spamming strong attack.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I have all the badges for the weapons and such acquired, I just can't stand the weapon. It's just so unenjoyable to use.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Toxsyl posted:

I have all the badges for the weapons and such acquired, I just can't stand the weapon. It's just so unenjoyable to use.

Look at this scrub who doesn't enjoy raining fiery death on mooks while riding the Twilit Dragon

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Toxsyl posted:

It was me, I was this guy.

Then I learned how to rapidly deploy boss-summoning death.

It's still not my favorite weapon, but it's a ton of fun strolling into piles of mooks and demolishing them.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Toxsyl posted:

I can never get Agorok to spawn consistently

The timing is tight, so practice it.

My method of using the Gate (when I'm forced to) is to:

Use the strong attack.
If Agorok comes out, use the Agorok attack.
If anyone other than Agorok comes out, use the Agorok attack.
Repeat.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I'd rather just summon Vergil and have him use Judgement Cuts.

What is the combo you need the make the gate not a boring rear end slog to use? I use DW controls.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Use Strong Attack, then unless that gave you Dodongo, you can pretty much go for the corresponding combo ending in that summon's Strong Attack. Enhanced Manhandla, Gohma, and Argorok are all great for different things, although Enhanced Argorok is the one that gets talked up because it's you riding Argorok and spitting hot fire for 10ish seconds, with optional fireball ender if you press Strong Attack again.

You can also cause some mayhem just by doing Strong Attack and dash canceling it into another Strong Attack a lot.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that the unenhanced versions of the Manhandla combo ender and Argorok combo ender are pretty ok, too, especially the Manhandla one. If you keep mashing Strong Attack while the Manhandla head is out, it'll eventually start spitting seeds all around it. This builds a shitload of special and you can dash cancel it as soon as you see the seeds coming out and they still happen, even if you summon something else with Strong Attack. Using unenhanced Manhandla dash canceled into C1 is her most reliable way of breaking giant boss WPGs, too, once you get used to the timing of it all.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 18, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I had my first visiting Link yesterday, the award was good but I was expecting more from this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The gate is a cool weapon to use and has its spots of power, but it's not completely broken like gauntlet Link, Shiek, or Cia, for example. Probably one of my favorites in the game, though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I agree with Cia and Sheik's weapons being very good, but I'd probably put Summoning Gate way ahead of Gauntlets Link. As fun as they are, they're probably not even close to top three for his weapons, and that's excluding the Master Sword.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do not dash cancel anything with the summoning gate, so you can see the full dancing animations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I killed Cia by dropping a moon on her. It was great.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Alacron posted:

Yes, you need to use Fi to get her heart pieces, which sucks because Fi is terribad.

What? Fi is a loving beast, her AOE's aren't the best but she's so mobile it barely matters. Like I did one of those network link missions that was lvl 240 or something and beat it with her at level 40. The to be fair I don't really know how that stacks up in terms of difficulty. Then again, I have no problem with the ranking system in this game and actually find it to be really forgiving, though that may be because I just wrapped up playing Bayonetta. That's game where the the slightest mistake can cost you a platinum rank - which forces you to re-do a 30 minute long mission because you, say, hosed up a jump halfway through.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The key to making Fi not bad is to realize how Light damage works and how her C1 makes all of her attacks have it and that you are invulnerable during it's animation. Skate around tagging every enemy in the area with Light element attacks and then smash enemy officers.

I'd definitely rather us Shiek or Gauntlets or Volga but Fi is really not that bad.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Fi is, however, awful at weakpoints of any kind, some of which is because her C2 launcher is one of the worst in the game.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

But she kept dat ass.
I could only stand using Fi when I had someone with me in Coop. Actually, this game is only really fun when playing coop which should have been online as well.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I hate the fire rod.

The gloves are pretty cool though.

I've started the hard campaign and was just cheated out of my second skultulla after that stupid Ghoma decides to only spam his cicle area of attack move.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Fi is, however, awful at weakpoints of any kind, some of which is because her C2 launcher is one of the worst in the game.
The map where she has to fight an imprisoned in a tiny room is the worst thing.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
The weapon type showed for hard skulltullas just refers to general weapon type, right? Like the first hard skulltulla I just need a hyrulian sword and not specifically a Knights sword, yah?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Rama of Ra posted:

The weapon type showed for hard skulltullas just refers to general weapon type, right? Like the first hard skulltulla I just need a hyrulian sword and not specifically a Knights sword, yah?

Yes. It only refers to a general weapon type.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

And just to be clear, the master sword doesn't count.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I hate the fire rod.

The gloves are pretty cool though.

I've started the hard campaign and was just cheated out of my second skultulla after that stupid Ghoma decides to only spam his cicle area of attack move.

Save up your magic during the stage, so you can pop off a charge against the boss; a magic-powered super attack will force the boss into revealing its weak spot. You should be able to pop its meter in one go if you have all the combo badges and at least the silver weakpoint badge.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So I haven't looked at the game in forever. Is the rupee glitch still a thing, and is the bottom left square in the Master Quest map still the best level-grinding spot? I decided to give the Twilight map another try before I remembered that everything there is a mix between immovable object and unstoppable force and figured I might as well get most characters to high levels quick.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Rupee Glitch still works fine. That MQ square is still one of the best for leveling, but I've also seen people recommend using the Divisive Plan level with Ganondorf on whatever map that is (Twilight Map?) and dying to the last set of Ganondorfs so you keep the exp you gained but also keep your EXP Accelerator potion active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Finally getting off my rear end to clean up adventure mode. Realizing how dull the grind is sometimes. This is my basic call for help at "How do I Ghirahim/Agatha/Wind Waker?"

• Locked thread