Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keg
Sep 22, 2014
What do people think goons are doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is this 2006 or something

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ha, now that I think about it, the trajectory of relevance and influence of SA and O&A track pretty closely.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 26, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Oh poo poo, they know :tinfoil:

lmao, i want this guy to post here so badly. come on out lil fella, i just want to say hi

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How has little Erik Nagel taken another of his heroes being a massive racist shitpile?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That guy thinks it's impossible that Anthony has lost a huge percentage of his listeners due to his relentless, uneducated, childish racism and attributes it instead to some shadow cabal from two websites that have already peaked. That guy owns

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair if people were fed up with his childish racism then they'd never have taken a subscription in the first place.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Gonzo McFee posted:

To be fair if people were fed up with his childish racism then they'd never have taken a subscription in the first place.

I subscribed for the first 6 months, just so I could cancel it if he kept doing the same poo poo. And he did.

He should have paid attention to Ron when he told him to stop doing politics and focus on being funny. Ant even realized that he was kind of like Fez on the radio, but with race talk instead of gay talk.

Then he forgot it the next day and fell back in the same ditch due to his alcoholism.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

I wasn't one of them, but I think people were willing to give him a shot and he failed miserably time and time again. Now the only subs he has left are truck drivers and similar pseudo intellectuals who think they have the world figured out from their trailer park

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Wait, what exactly is going on? Anthony is losing subs and some idiot lurker thinks it's a goon rush thing or something? Do we even do that stuff anymore? I mean, I know there was that thing vs Reddit a few years back to get them to close down the pedo poo poo; but other than that, I can't think of anything major in the past five years at the very least.

Or are we just being blamed for trolling him on Twitter or something?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

Wait, what exactly is going on? Anthony is losing subs and some idiot lurker thinks it's a goon rush thing or something? Do we even do that stuff anymore? I mean, I know there was that thing vs Reddit a few years back to get them to close down the pedo poo poo; but other than that, I can't think of anything major in the past five years at the very least.

Anthony's getting the Opie treatment over at /r/opieandanthony for being a thin-skinned douche and one of the moderators over at the unofficial official Anthony subreddit think that it's a goon rush or Opie paying people to bad mouth Anthony. Both ideas being lol

It's been a year since Anthony launched the show and I think now that there's two good shows on his network, people feel like they don't have to brigade his worn out poo poo anymore. The hardcores are still holding out hope that the mythical New York studio will turn everything around.

- edit

(from AnudderCast)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 27, 2015

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

UncleMonkey posted:

The most recent thing anybody cared about SA publicly was when Lowtax pretended to close FYAD or when Abraham & Jeb Lund & some other people tried and failed at bullying a pre-teen on twitter.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I just found out that Anthony's girlfriend is Vinnie Brand's daughter. That's loving gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTUtzGlTNYU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is she the one who abandoned her kids to live with Ant at the Compound?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
drat it why wasn't I in on the secret plans?

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBLhDw879WQ

Droopy Goines fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 27, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Why the gently caress would he say anything so cruel about Anderson Cooper?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anthony's getting the Opie treatment over at /r/opieandanthony for being a thin-skinned douche and one of the moderators over at the unofficial official Anthony subreddit think that it's a goon rush or Opie paying people to bad mouth Anthony. Both ideas being lol

It's been a year since Anthony launched the show and I think now that there's two good shows on his network, people feel like they don't have to brigade his worn out poo poo anymore. The hardcores are still holding out hope that the mythical New York studio will turn everything
Ah, okay. Thanks. So business as usual, then!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Victorkm posted:

Anthony has always been doing that to people who were lovely to him on twitter. He goes and finds something personal related to the person and sends it to him. I've heard him say it several times over the last year and even before.

This is why "pest army general" Dugout Doug suddenly disappeared.

Morter posted:

Has he turned into DeNiro?

*Huff* I've got my eye on you...

He's like DeNiro in that scene from The King of Comedy where Mrs. Long rejects his stand-up tape and he's all "I certainly don't want you to take it personally, but I have to tell you that I don't ... I don't have faith in your judgment."

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Randoms:

1. Dan Soder does a hell of a Macho Man impersonation
2. Sam's pretty decent at having his own show
3. I'm convinced the only time Jim Florentine has ever been funny was while talking as a puppet

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

what's with all this reddit talk of Ant and xanax, did he add a second debilitating addiction since I quit paying much attention to him?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I've been listening to a bunch of Fez's weirdness over the past couple of days, which got me wondering what he was like before he went crazy. Any good clips to check out?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

what's with all this reddit talk of Ant and xanax, did he add a second debilitating addiction since I quit paying much attention to him?

I don't do Reddit, but Alcohol and Xanax don't mix, this may not end well.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Keg posted:

I've been listening to a bunch of Fez's weirdness over the past couple of days, which got me wondering what he was like before he went crazy. Any good clips to check out?

Imagine Fez but fatter, drunker, cattyer and with confidence.

Sirius pulled a bunch of my WNEW clips for some reason but the Steak Hero one is a good one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3_T7K2pgs

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Keg posted:

The first few years of Ron and Fez on XM was pretty good. Anything up until 2007 or so will probably be good if not great.

Though if you want Fez in his prime you're gonna need to jump back all the way to WNEW.

RonFez.net used to have a decent selection despite its lovely web design. No idea if it still does as the site isn't working for me.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 29, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anthony responded to all of the haterz

quote:

The collection of assholes on this sub is unsurpassed. The "secrets" that people try to reveal that have been public knowledge for years are so exciting for some of you retards out there. The "Doxxing" outrage is hilarious. Many have gotten my address wrong. loving morons. I'm the easiest person to find. Got bored bashing Opie did ya? Oh well, I'd be slightly worried if I thought this very small collection of dicks and assholes mattered for a second. Why respond than? Because it's entertaining to me. I'd love to see how many of you imbeciles live. So, I read your posts and get a pretty good idea. Not much better to do huh? And I'd love for one of the dummies here to assess what I've done with the show and network since starting a yr ago and explain how that amounts to failure and a downward spiral. At least make up a realistic story as to why it's failing. Well, that's much more time than you're worth. Keep listening fuckheads!

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/3ezaf7/too_many_topics_to_reply_toso/

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

So he admit's it's failing?

All you had to do to keep the easiest 7 figure job in the world was not be an unsufferable racist, and you hosed it up.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Is this the right attitude to take when those people pay his subscription fees...or at all since it shows he actually does care about what they think since he's taking the time to go out and talk about it?

I love how he's seeing this from the viewpoint of him and Opie being on different sides. He's just destroying every single thing he did on radio. He's basically Fez before the tearful 'retirement' speech.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The only difference is I enjoyed every moment of Fez's descent into madness.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Similarities between Anthony and Fez :

- Can't handle alcohol
- Only talks about one subject
- Stents
- Hates Opie
- Doesn't listen to Ron's advice
- Pedophile
- Has a retarded redneck brother
- Hates his fans
- Paranoid delusions
- Father is dead while mother is still alive
- Agoraphobic
- Filled with anger
- Has craters on his head

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Who would have believed 5 years ago that Anthony, Opie and Sam would each have their own radio shows and that Sam's would be the most listenable?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Tomahawk posted:

Who would have believed 5 years ago that Anthony, Opie and Sam would each have their own radio shows and that Sam's would be the most listenable?

It's sad, and it pains me to admit this, but its true (the Sam part, its crazy that he can actually do his own show and not be awful).

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Thanks to whoever suggested Legion of Skanks earlier in the thread. I have been listening for a few weeks and am really enjoying it. I'd pay for the second episode every week but Ant is just so unlikable that I don't want to sub.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I don't know the ins and outs of it but hasn't Sam had his own shows for quite a long time? Why is everyone pretending like he only just got one recently?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

jyrka posted:

I don't know the ins and outs of it but hasn't Sam had his own shows for quite a long time? Why is everyone pretending like he only just got one recently?

He has a daily full length show now instead of one to two hours on the weekend.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

I really don't see the point in bitching about Anthony anymore, it's not like he's ever going to come back from this.

Not specifically directed at anyone here, but more to the people trying to beg him to return to the veiled sanity he had during O&A. That dude is gone, listen to old shows or find someone else.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I really don't think Opie & Jimmy has been that bad lately. I refuse to believe Sam's show is much better.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bubba Smith posted:

I really don't think Opie & Jimmy has been that bad lately. I refuse to believe Sam's show is much better.
I don't dislike it yet, but the times I think "this is annoying" are even more often than when they used to deliberately do cringey poo poo.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

onemillionzombies posted:

I really don't see the point in bitching about Anthony anymore, it's not like he's ever going to come back from this.

Not specifically directed at anyone here, but more to the people trying to beg him to return to the veiled sanity he had during O&A. That dude is gone, listen to old shows or find someone else.

It's just fun to see the backlash hit him so soon after he embraced them for attacking Opie. It's also going to be interesting to see if he's going to try to turn the ship when he gets the New York studio (pissing off his fans that expect race realtalk 24/7) or go all in (alienating everybody else)

But at least he's smart enough to try to lock up other talent to give his subscription model some value. If Sirius XM would have done that in 2007-2008, they might have been relevant today.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Droopy Goines posted:

Similarities between Anthony and Fez :

- Can't handle alcohol
- Only talks about one subject
- Stents
- Hates Opie