Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Turk February posted:

Clearly you have never played overpass or CSGO's version of cbble.

I'll give you old overpass but cbble is much more T manageable these days (plus it has 4 chokepoints and a few of them are not that terrible to break through)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

prom candy posted:

Yeah I use my arm for big changes but I do most of my aiming with my wrist. I'm really short and I don't use claw grip. Maybe I'll try going up a little more now while I'm making changes.

You should give arm aiming a decent shot.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Playing casual for the million dollar ct mission.
Stop defusing cause guy is behind me, lost the round.
Guy calls me silver and poo poo and i tell him "no, eagle 2"
adds me in disbelief

makes fun of me for being eagle 2 at around 275 wins and his account is eagle 2 at 800 which i point out
adds me on his smurf which is supreme at 110 and dares me to mm with him
im "no im doing mission gibe money plz gibe br" and removes me

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
lem is the new silver, supreme is the new dmg, global is the new le+, nitr0 is the new olofmeister, olofmeister is the new lebron james. y is the new aeiou

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
You should treat randoms like NPCs in a rpg.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

lem is the new silver, supreme is the new dmg, global is the new le+, nitr0 is the new olofmeister, olofmeister is the new lebron james. y is the new aeiou

meet de_dust2 boss, same as de_dust boss....

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ArfJason posted:

meet de_dust2 boss, same as de_dust boss....

:pwn:

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
Just ran into a goon stack in matchmaking on overpass. Turned out to be a fun close match despite all the disconnects. Good game fellas, where do I try-out for the goon team?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

VP looking really strong

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Playing casual for the million dollar ct mission.
Stop defusing cause guy is behind me, lost the round.
Guy calls me silver and poo poo and i tell him "no, eagle 2"
adds me in disbelief

makes fun of me for being eagle 2 at around 275 wins and his account is eagle 2 at 800 which i point out
adds me on his smurf which is supreme at 110 and dares me to mm with him
im "no im doing mission gibe money plz gibe br" and removes me

congrats to that guy for playing 1000 games of mm to be 1 rank higher than you

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

congrats to that guy for playing 1000 games of mm to be 1 rank higher than you

actually winning 1000 games, which probably means playing 1500+ at least

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja

bpower posted:

Pretty much exactly what I do, and if someone adds me, generally I'll ignore it.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

I think seized smashed his hand on the table and hurt it he was wrapping it in a towel and sucking on the side of his hand.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
EDIT: way wrong thread

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 27, 2015

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

bpower posted:

You should give arm aiming a decent shot.

It feels really weird and uncomfortable to me. I've been wrist aiming in FPS games since the late 90s and generally wrist mousing since I was a little kid.

Actually maybe I do claw grip a bit? I use my fingers to push the mouse around for some movements. I've definitely been consciously trying to use my arm more for bigger movements in CS so maybe it'll become more natural. I also don't have a chair with arms so I have nowhere for my elbow to rest in a neutral position.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
one habit that i cycle through breaking and then getting back into is tensing up my hand as i shoot, which is incredibly dumb

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ArfJason posted:

one habit that i cycle through breaking and then getting back into is tensing up my hand as i shoot, which is incredibly dumb

I personally kick my feet wildly when I shoot and scuff up my moms wall

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

bpower posted:

But when I TK them in spawn they don't drop skins :qq:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.jawn.ca/2015/07/cevo-client-information-disclosure.html

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

what is the thread title? i don't get it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sleppy posted:

what is the thread title? i don't get it
You have to kill all the chickens in less then 15 seconds. Then the mega boss will then appear in either Long A pit or B tunnels. Only knives can hurt him.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

http://masterherald.com/steam-hit-by-major-security-breach-many-accounts-hacked/23239/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Most of us heard about it within a few hours after some celebrities were hit. Doubt that CEVO issue has made that much of a splash and I think there are some American goons using it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

A bit harder to pull data from on the outside, but it's man-in-the-middle-able and any LANs using the CEVO client are at the mercy of literally anyone with a computer on the same network.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Killfast37 posted:

Just ran into a goon stack in matchmaking on overpass. Turned out to be a fun close match despite all the disconnects. Good game fellas, where do I try-out for the goon team?

I just solo mm'd a few hours ago on Resort and got put in to a team with two other goons. We shared a goon moment and then we won.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

A bit harder to pull data from on the outside, but it's man-in-the-middle-able and any LANs using the CEVO client are at the mercy of literally anyone with a computer on the same network.
While bigger events are probably fine, in terms of having pros on an isolated network, this is a disaster to happen for regular players in Dreamhack-esque LANs. Hopefully the CEVO person's reddit post isn't just an excuse and this is patched soon.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

goddamn vp is the most inconsistent team

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

ArfJason posted:

I think you should aim with your wrist and your arm, i don't know why you would ever have to be only one unless you're playing at ultra low or ultra high

If you're in the range 400@1.6 all the way to 400@3.6 both are useful

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

goddamn vp is the most inconsistent team

Judging from all of the comments about c9 I've read in the past few months, eh, I don't really think this is the case.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Killfast37 posted:

where do I try-out for the goon team?

Hey, come and join us on Goon Man most nights during primetime on a special server just for us. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

:unsmith:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
If you win pistols and then lose the second round what's the buy strategy in round 3?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

prom candy posted:

If you win pistols and then lose the second round what's the buy strategy in round 3?
Tec/5-7, armor, nades

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

prom candy posted:

However you decide to splash your cash and in what order, I highly recommend having at least $2000 in the bank before Round 4. This is a pretty good economic rule. Assuming you don't kill anybody, this allows you to get AK/Helmet/flashes/smoke, and as CT, M4/Kevlar/flash and smoke.

I think 5-7, armor and nades is a little excessive for a Round 3 buy, assuming full eco on second, unless symbolic means without helmet. But I think that kinda defeats the point of early forcebuys, which is that you're investing in helmet to make shotgun/SMG buys less effective.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
^ this is good. buy whatever you can that allows you to still have $2k to buy the round after.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I feel comfortable enough with the SMGs now that I will often buy a 5/7 or Tec9, armor and nades even if it means I can't buy a rifle next round.

My thinking is that 5/7 or tec9 with armor gives you a much better chance of getting kills, a gun or even winning the round than a full save that its worth the risk of having to play SMG vs rifles the next round.

But then again the 2 posts above me are both better players, so maybe don't follow my advice.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
5/7 is such a good pistol I love it.

also im shooting through the ranks a bit too quickly on my deagle smurf

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

5-7 is ridiculously overpowered for a $500 gun. It's more reliable than the Galil in many situations. Tec-9 is also OP but far inferior.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

prom candy posted:

I think there's a reasonable argument to be made for doing a buy that is very similar to the second round win buy, especially if the opposing team won through a pistol armor force and it was a close round.

Obviously if you get stomped, the enemy team is going to significantly outgun you. But if you killed 4, you're likely to mostly see smgs and galil/famas. You're likely to be in a similar economic position. So people who bought rifles on round two should buy Tec-9/5-7, and people that bought SMGs could buy rifles. If you get shitstomped you're gonna see a full buy from the other team and should probably just mostly save and try to get your hands on a couple of their shiny new rifles.

This is easier to justify on T side, since it's easier to get a buy together, and you have a good chance at getting a bomb plant down. On the other hand, saving $2000 and playing to get a plant means you've basically got a full buy round 4.

This round is similar to the round after losing pistol, but you have more money! I think the only real mistake here is doing a halfway strat that leaves you with $1000-$1500. Buy or don't buy, but if you're saving, make sure you don't have to save on round 4.

ArfJason posted:

5/7 is such a good pistol I love it.

also im shooting through the ranks a bit too quickly on my deagle smurf

I just hit MGE on my deagle smurf. My main is still MGE.

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

also seconding the 5-7 being a stupidly good gun. it's not as accurate as the high end rifles, but its still capable of a pretty long reach, its got an amazingly consistent spray pattern for a pistol, it's got 20 bullets, and it looks cool AF.

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 27, 2015

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I love the 5-7. For some reason I can't aim the Tec-9 at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

The Ferret King posted:

I love the 5-7. For some reason I can't aim the Tec-9 at all.

the Tec-9 aims for you.

• Locked thread