Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

echofriendly posted:

Tridon (L), Kikuri, Zenia, Edea/(Elimo), Feeva, Deimos (F)/(some BC buffer without status immunity(F))
Frontier Gate EZ mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjgL_SGFjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdnXm6rii4

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3emwio/frontier_hunter_terminus_season_16_play_by_play/

Wish I could do this but I don't have the right team. 3 minute medium runs for 400K points sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Can confirm. Blowing FH mid groups up with a nuke team is great fun. My only regret is that I can't charge up my OD bar quick enough to have Loch UBB that big group in the last stage. I want to see the huge numbers man.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Still leaning towards trying Zenia as a leader instead of Colt, though Colt's probably more overall damage while Zenia would just be more consistent, and probably make sure BB gauges fill more often against less targets. Zenia/Colt/Claire/Kanon/Aaron maybe.

Honestly Zenia probably has more damage potential due to her modifier on BB attacks. Try setting her as a lead and using a Tridon friend and see how fast you can mow down Trials.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Damegane posted:

Can confirm. Blowing FH mid groups up with a nuke team is great fun. My only regret is that I can't charge up my OD bar quick enough to have Loch UBB that big group in the last stage. I want to see the huge numbers man.

I am far too lazy to ever deal with optimizing my FHs, so i usually just do end on auto and OTK everything. I mean i could probably go up to terminus for it but i'd have to actually look at the screen every now and then for that just to be safe.

I just pulled Raaga though so i'm pretty happy about that. Finally got a 7* able spark buffer.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My only difference in strategy between End and Terminus is swapping out one of my team for Elimo so I can largely ignore it.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
So Tridon is definitely back to OP status. It's nice to have a cheat code on Global again.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Is there any way to update the Google Tier list? It's pretty behind especially with OP units like Zenia along with a couple dead review links.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Hoping you guys can help me out with FH 16. I'm using:

Griel (L)
Colt
Claire
Quaid
Rosetta
Raaga (F)

They are all 7* except for rosetta. I need a few more levels to field a full 7* team. The best I've done on terminus is 1.24m. I don't always get a 3tk especially on Will and usually on kanon. Some turns, usually the second, his health bar barely moves. Does he have some sort of weakness? Maybe I'm not bb correctly when I should be sbb. I usual auto battle everything so manually attacking is somewhat new. I don't have great spheres....using sol creator and masamune for the most part. I have a feeva at 7* nearly fully leveled but can't fuse the last bit atm and a zenia that is a good ways always from max level. Everything is max bb/sbb. Colt, Griel, Quaid are all max imped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get the legwand gem.

My game is not acting correctly at the moment and I'll likely have to refresh content. I'm unable to fuse any units and my bb gauges are not filling at all. That's gonna have to wait til I get home from work as I can't do it over wifi at work.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

It's really dumb that the "guard with all your units or die" mechanics doesn't seem to work in Frontier Gate due to the huge damage spikes in at 27-30. I always seem to end up losing 2-3 units from guarding no matter what. Speaking of that, are are the bosses at 26-30 supposed to hit this hard?

From what I hear on reddit, there seems to be a damage bug that might be the cause of the damage spikes.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

nfthree posted:

Griel (L)
Colt
Claire
Quaid
Rosetta
Raaga (F)

Rosetta is not a good sub unit when you already have 2 SPARK buffers on your team (claire and raaga). you really only need one.
i would swap her out with an element you dont have and make Quaid your leader so you can activate his ATK up LS.
Use a different Friend, BB management is good but raaga's Spark buff is covered by Claire.

Majinfefnir13 posted:

It's really dumb that the "guard with all your units or die" mechanics doesn't seem to work in Frontier Gate due to the huge damage spikes in at 27-30.

Tridon friend?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

nfthree posted:

Griel (L)
Colt
Claire
Quaid
Rosetta
Raaga (F)

They are all 7* except for rosetta. I need a few more levels to field a full 7* team. The best I've done on terminus is 1.24m. I don't always get a 3tk especially on Will and usually on kanon. Some turns, usually the second, his health bar barely moves. Does he have some sort of weakness? Maybe I'm not bb correctly when I should be sbb. I usual auto battle everything so manually attacking is somewhat new. I don't have great spheres....using sol creator and masamune for the most part. I have a feeva at 7* nearly fully leveled but can't fuse the last bit atm and a zenia that is a good ways always from max level. Everything is max bb/sbb. Colt, Griel, Quaid are all max imped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get the legwand gem.

My game is not acting correctly at the moment and I'll likely have to refresh content. I'm unable to fuse any units and my bb gauges are not filling at all. That's gonna have to wait til I get home from work as I can't do it over wifi at work.

Feeva would be an immensely better leader for FH (even not fully leveled, you just want her leader skill). Do you have a status unit you can slot in over someone like Colt? Also are you doing okay without a mitigator? I could even put Shida up as a lead for a while if you want. At least it would cover your elements and you could bench Quaid.

While Claire's spark buff is getting overwritten most likely she still has the 30% BC drop rate which is way better than anything Colt is bringing to the table. You don't need to overpower FH, especially this one. You are looking to inflict the most hits on the units in 3 turns while providing elemental damage to them. I haven't put much effort into this one and am only 2 turn killing Terminus and my record is 1.8 at the moment.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 27, 2015

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Majinfefnir13 posted:

It's really dumb that the "guard with all your units or die" mechanics doesn't seem to work in Frontier Gate due to the huge damage spikes in at 27-30. I always seem to end up losing 2-3 units from guarding no matter what. Speaking of that, are are the bosses at 26-30 supposed to hit this hard?

From what I hear on reddit, there seems to be a damage bug that might be the cause of the damage spikes.

That would explain how i'm losing anyone with mitigation, aaron's defense buff, and kanon's leader def buff. None of their stuff seems scripted so it just randomly happens. Going to try FG out again later today with a debuffer setup to see if that helps, otherwise I might squeeze 7* Ultor in somewhere. My damage is going to tank from doing that though, i've gotten super used to spark, crit, attack and elemental buffs.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Trebek posted:

Feeva would be an immensely better leader for FH (even not fully leveled, you just want her leader skill). Do you have a status unit you can slot in over someone like Colt? Also are you doing okay without a mitigator? I could even put Shida up as a lead for a while if you want. At least it would cover your elements and you could bench Quaid.

While Claire's spark buff is getting overwritten most likely she still has the 30% BC drop rate which is way better than anything Colt is bringing to the table. You don't need to overpower FH, especially this one. You are looking to inflict the most hits on the units in 3 turns while providing elemental damage to them. I haven't put much effort into this one and am only 2 turn killing Terminus and my record is 1.8 at the moment.

Yes, doing fine without a mitigator. I've tried using darvanshel and I also have shera. I neglected to mention that I have 7* deimos at full bb/sbb too, not imped though. It just seems that some rounds I do fuckall for damage despite everyone using bb. Mainly on Holy something Will. I'm sure if I can get the 3tk bonus consistently I'll get over 1.3 mil.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

nfthree posted:

Yes, doing fine without a mitigator. I've tried using darvanshel and I also have shera. I neglected to mention that I have 7* deimos at full bb/sbb too, not imped though. It just seems that some rounds I do fuckall for damage despite everyone using bb. Mainly on Holy something Will. I'm sure if I can get the 3tk bonus consistently I'll get over 1.3 mil.

There's some dudes with an ability to randomly reduce damage dealt to 1, and some self buff damage reduction for a turn

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm finally hitting some of these X2 Raids and why the hell does this Phaetos guy have about 10 million HP in a RC1 map? :catstare:

Colt->Zenia->Claire->Darvanshell->Kanon->Selene SBB order (Colt/Zenia leads) took off maybe 10% of its HP. I soloed the map and got 11.8 million contribution. I've taken down 2/3 of the RC4 bosses' HP in 4 man raids before and been lucky to get half that.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

How does Feeva (L), Quaid, Claire, Elza, Deimos, Tazer (F) sound?

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/3erxqv/round_24_fg_global_damage_vs_jp_damage/

Here's some more info on the damage bug I was talking about.

Majinfefnir13 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 27, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I thought Xenia's "fill BB gauge on attack" was only supposed to go off on her LS and BB, but I am definitely getting BB fill on hit when I have her SBB and she isn't my leader. Is this a wonderful bug or does her SBB have a BB fill as well?

E: just kidding, it was Ruby's LS that was filling the gauges.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 27, 2015

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

CashEnsign posted:

I thought Xenia's "fill BB gauge on attack" was only supposed to go off on her LS and BB, but I am definitely getting BB fill on hit when I have her SBB and she isn't my leader. Is this a wonderful bug or does her SBB have a BB fill as well?

E: just kidding, it was Ruby's LS that was filling the gauges.

she has a flat 9 BC fill on her BB and a BC on spark for her LS.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Finally cleared Trial 06 today with a Tridon/Zenia combo. I'm pretty certain something's gotta change with those two soon because it will trivialize most of the content in the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ratmtattat posted:

Finally cleared Trial 06 today with a Tridon/Zenia combo. I'm pretty certain something's gotta change with those two soon because it will trivialize most of the content in the game.

What was your team layout? I haven't run any trials since Lugina's and I really need to get caught up. I haven't run many GQs yet in global either, and only just working on RC2 X2 stuff while I need to make spheres for Tridon, Ultor, and Zenia. :(

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The game crashes almost every dungeon now. I'm grinding out BB material, so it's only 7 battles, and I have about an 80% chance to crash out of the app each run. It seems to always crash at the end of battles right as the 'you win' words pop up. I wonder if it's something on my end or if Gumi screwed up the client. I don't know if it happens on the kindle client. I decided to jump ship and just use the ipad after not being able to log in for almost 3 days.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Evil Fluffy posted:

What was your team layout? I haven't run any trials since Lugina's and I really need to get caught up. I haven't run many GQs yet in global either, and only just working on RC2 X2 stuff while I need to make spheres for Tridon, Ultor, and Zenia. :(

Tridon (Lead)
Kikuri
Deimos
Edea
Oguro
Zenia (Friend)

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Ratmtattat posted:

Tridon (Lead)
Kikuri
Deimos
Edea
Oguro
Zenia (Friend)

I have all of those but Deimos and Zenia; assuming I got a friend for one, who makes a good fifth? I do have Ultor.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm thinking Ultor with his sphere would work. He won't be as tanky as Deimos, but with Tridon's DEF buff I'm thinking he will survive a lot of stuff.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Ok, so I got terminus done. I still had two rounds where I did not get the 3TK. The difference was in the use of SBB which I don't think I really ever executed properly before. Score was much better with nearly 1.5 mil. Thanks for the input!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Game can't stop crashing on ios for me. So annoying but at least I got all the prizes from frontier hunter.

Any tips for the kid's FH?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ratmtattat posted:

Tridon (Lead)
Kikuri
Deimos
Edea
Oguro
Zenia (Friend)

Hmm, no Deimos or Oguro. Maybe Ultor could work in place of Deimos and Kanon instead of Oguro for status immunity stuff and party defense buffing.

Currently running Zenia/Colt/Claire/Kanon/Darvanshell and a buddy Zenia for X2 raid stuff. Only on to RC3 so far but BB refills decently enough and on 2+ targets it's hard to not have everyone's SBB every turn. The damage seems pretty nice too. If/when the incoming damage starts to become more of a problem I can either swap a Zenia lead for Tridon or drop Colt/Claire for Selene/Tridon/Elimo, and if I bring Elimo I can bench Darvanshell for someone else like Kikuri or whatever.

I really hate not having Shida, too.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hmm, no Deimos or Oguro. Maybe Ultor could work in place of Deimos and Kanon instead of Oguro for status immunity stuff and party defense buffing.

I *think* Ultor should work in place of Deimos. Make sure you've got his sphere on him for the extra DEF. Instead of Oguru, any Infinite SBBer should work.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Ratmtattat posted:

I *think* Ultor should work in place of Deimos. Make sure you've got his sphere on him for the extra DEF. Instead of Oguru, any Infinite SBBer should work.

Ultor's sphere also has a built in angel idol buff. Which makes him perfect for that trial. People die a lot.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm bad at this game and have no idea how to team build, I think.

I'm sitting here staring at my units (not pictured: Tridon and Alice are in their 7* forms at the displayed levels) and... I know I can make an arena team and I can do okay with a FH team (not great, talking like ~1.4 mil on Terminus, I'm not fond of keeping around dupe units so any Larios get fed to the main one) but I have no drat idea who I'm supposed to be focusing on for Trials/Raids/GQ. Should I be focusing on bringing Alice up to snuff? She seems like a less useful Kikuri, except without as much utility as a sub. I also seem to have somehow pulled no spark buffers whatsoever, unless you count Lario, so I'm not sure what the hell's up with that.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

KataraniSword posted:

I'm bad at this game and have no idea how to team build, I think.

I'm sitting here staring at my units (not pictured: Tridon and Alice are in their 7* forms at the displayed levels) and... I know I can make an arena team and I can do okay with a FH team (not great, talking like ~1.4 mil on Terminus, I'm not fond of keeping around dupe units so any Larios get fed to the main one) but I have no drat idea who I'm supposed to be focusing on for Trials/Raids/GQ. Should I be focusing on bringing Alice up to snuff? She seems like a less useful Kikuri, except without as much utility as a sub. I also seem to have somehow pulled no spark buffers whatsoever, unless you count Lario, so I'm not sure what the hell's up with that.

You've chosen the right units to level up. Tridon lead with a Raaga friend will work for Raids. Rinon would be a great status remover/healer for Raids since she adds light/dark and all the harder content is light/dark. I would get Darv going as your raid mitigator since your other two are lacking in offense. Ruby is basically Lario on steroids with an ATK down. I'd take her along and maybe Alice since she pairs nicely with Tridon as he boosts REC and she then converts REC into ATK. I can see how she would be hard to find a spot for though in most squads.

So Tridon lead/Ruby/Alice/Darv/Rinon/Raaga friend. Maybe play with it and see if you like Medina in place of Alice or Ruby. Selena could also be an option for extra healing and BC generation. Those two slots would be open to interpretation.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Yeah Tridon and any other leaders that boost REC in addition to doing at least 2 other actually useful things in their LS are probably the only ones who can make Alice a worthwhile addition to the squad.

I'm raising her too, but only because welp she has a 7* form after all, might as well raise her properly and have her around. Just in case.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Darv's gonna take some work to get going, especially since he and Ruby want the same metals, though if I'm using Rinon then my biggest reason to use Narza is gone, so yeah, I can see why I'd want to raise him. He's a pretty recent pull, so I haven't had nearly as long to build him up as I did Oulu and Narza.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ratmtattat posted:

I only have 6 star infinite SBB units. :(

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I only have 6 star infinite SBB units. :(

Arus and Rowgen aren't that much worse than Oguro and Tazer, they just lack the ES boost.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I want to kill poo poo forever. I'm trying to figure out a good team for raids and trials, but it's turning out to be more troublesome than I thought!
I know I need mitigation, status defense, usually some form of debuff application, and idk what else.

I pulled a Zenia, and I was thinking of setting up either:

KKR lead
Zenia
Aaron
Kuda
??? Ivris? Mifune? 7* Lunaris, whenever that happens?

or,

Zenia lead and I don't know what. I assume the team composition would largely remain the same in terms of high-level ability goals, but with Zenia leading, I don't need to bottleneck myself into dark units.

I guess I could do:
Zenia
Elimo
Ultor
Kuda/Colt/?
??? ...Ivris? Mifune? KKR? Bestie? Rize? My gut tells me this team would be best with Bestie but I don't know why.

I also don't know what I could do better with FH. I fielded KKR lead/Zelnite/Darvanshel/Kuda/Elza for this FH and, for the first ever in my ever, am currently looking to gain +2 HR instead of +1.
I'd like to try for +5 next time. What works best for getting a shitton of points without gemming for additional frontier orbs?

I had a bunch of gems from past FHs and the current one, as well as gifts from various events. I did a bunch of pulls and got a bunch of things. According to the internet, many of these things are very good. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm even doing anymore.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

doomfunk posted:

I want to kill poo poo forever. I'm trying to figure out a good team for raids and trials, but it's turning out to be more troublesome than I thought!
I know I need mitigation, status defense, usually some form of debuff application, and idk what else.

I pulled a Zenia, and I was thinking of setting up either:

KKR lead
Zenia
Aaron
Kuda
??? Ivris? Mifune? 7* Lunaris, whenever that happens?

or,

Zenia lead and I don't know what. I assume the team composition would largely remain the same in terms of high-level ability goals, but with Zenia leading, I don't need to bottleneck myself into dark units.

I guess I could do:
Zenia
Elimo
Ultor
Kuda/Colt/?
??? ...Ivris? Mifune? KKR? Bestie? Rize? My gut tells me this team would be best with Bestie but I don't know why.

I also don't know what I could do better with FH. I fielded KKR lead/Zelnite/Darvanshel/Kuda/Elza for this FH and, for the first ever in my ever, am currently looking to gain +2 HR instead of +1.
I'd like to try for +5 next time. What works best for getting a shitton of points without gemming for additional frontier orbs?

I had a bunch of gems from past FHs and the current one, as well as gifts from various events. I did a bunch of pulls and got a bunch of things. According to the internet, many of these things are very good. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm even doing anymore.

this setup would be good for general raids. Trials... could work but might need some unit adjustments.

Zenia lead (BB fill on spark, spark buff, BB buff)
Shida/Quaid (Elemental buffer)
Edea (mitigator/status cleanse/debuff applier) or Elimo (mitagator/status cleanse/def boost). I'd use Edea with Tridon lead, Elimo with anyone else. Tridon and Elimo share the same Def boost, so no reason to have them in the same party.
Ultor (nuker/attack boost)
Colt/Reis/Kira/Dion (crit buffer)
Tridon lead (HP boost, HoT on BB, BC/HC boost on SBB) or Bestie lead (HP boost, BB cost manipulation)

For Frontier Hunter, to do well, you need elemental buffers in your party. Either Sola/Madia Sybil sisters (both of them), Quaid paired with Grah/Ardin, or Shida. This will cover all elements. I lack Shida, so my party is

Sola (fire/thunder/light added, BB fill on damage)
Madia (water/earth/dark added, BB fill at end of turn)
Lario
Shera
Griel lead
Raaga friend

I hit between 1.4-1.7mil points in Terminus with this setup and get around 340k frontier service points.

Sometimes I'll do Middle instead, because it's easier and don't have to worry about my units dying.
Kira/Colt lead
Diana
Mifune
Raaga (if Kira)/Claire (if Colt)
Quaid
Reis/Kira/Colt/Maxwell friend

I'll use a fuin potion on Diana, use her BB, and guard with everyone, for every turn until everyone's SBB is filled. Once that happens, I unless hell on the fodder mobs. I'll get anywhere between 5-8.5million points and between 300k-370k frontier points.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally got up to Exodus in X2 raids and will hit it tomorrow. Been running a raid team of Zenia/Kanon/Colt/Claire/Darvanshell with a buddy Tridon or Zenia (Tridon more now in RC4). When I ran Zenia/Zenia leads on one of the RC3 X2 missions I ended up with about 28 million contribution, and then the first RC4 mission I got about 18.9m and the other 3 guys had about 6-9mil each. I might try dropping Darvanshell for Edea, or Oulu once we get their 7* upgrade. Colt/Claire provide so much extra damage via spark/crit buffs, plus BC drop and BB regen that I'm not sure I want to drop them for others like Lucca or Ultor.

I really need a drat Shida. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Finally got up to Exodus in X2 raids and will hit it tomorrow. Been running a raid team of Zenia/Kanon/Colt/Claire/Darvanshell with a buddy Tridon or Zenia (Tridon more now in RC4). When I ran Zenia/Zenia leads on one of the RC3 X2 missions I ended up with about 28 million contribution, and then the first RC4 mission I got about 18.9m and the other 3 guys had about 6-9mil each. I might try dropping Darvanshell for Edea, or Oulu once we get their 7* upgrade. Colt/Claire provide so much extra damage via spark/crit buffs, plus BC drop and BB regen that I'm not sure I want to drop them for others like Lucca or Ultor.

I really need a drat Shida. :argh:

If you're running Kanon in your party, I would drop Darvanshel for Edea. Darvanshel provides a 80% def buff, which conflicts with Kanon's 150% boost.

I love my Colt/Claire combo as well. I got both Anima and max imped, and their stat vomit is glorious.

• Locked thread