Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i guess b/c they didn't arrest him with a bunch of drugs in his house or something lol. i remember when slashdot nerds were saying basically the same thing about reiser

"no body? how can there be a murder charge then huh? check and mate, court system :smugbert:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Boxturret posted:

but he literally kept a spreadsheet of his expenses when he grew mushrooms to kickstart silkroad:psyduck:

because carl mark force four and bridges planted them there over daily show torrents to cover their tracks ofc (no really, that's their contention)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if Bitcoin is financial history in fast forward, the ulbricht trial is mob legal tactics in fast forward

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Soricidus posted:

that sounds like a challenge

come on yospos we can do this

required background reading: when the database worms eat into your brain, mork keeps on giving

even the blockchain has nothing on this craziness (is mccusker a bitcoiner?)

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Boxturret posted:

but he literally kept a spreadsheet of his expenses when he grew mushrooms to kickstart silkroad:psyduck:

b-b-but he isn't big black and scary! he is a nice boy!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i hope the silkroad 8 dpr keeps a detailed video dairy

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
maybe he could just keep us up to date by posting vines, save on court transcript fees later

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Boxturret posted:

i hope the silkroad 8 dpr keeps a detailed video dairy

youtube.com/dpr8vlog

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

eschaton posted:

youtube.com/dpr8vlog

dpr8vlog addded 1 video to for later
    How to Get Away with Stealing

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Boxturret posted:

holy poo poo

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Boxturret posted:

quote:

Ross Ulbricht added 1 video to for later 2 years ago

i have a feeling it'll be a while before he gets around to watching it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEdEr8CfF8o

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol yeah the u loving n, headquartered on manhattan loving island is dragging down the United States somehow

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

a graph database where the nodes are pigeons and the edges are boats :sureboat: :sureboat:

no need to write the wiki

also unlike most buttcoin ideas, someone succesfully implemented it

and like no buttcoin ideas they realised it was entirely pointless and didn't run round telling everyone that they were about to put ntt and cogent out of business

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol yeah the u loving n, headquartered on manhattan loving island is dragging down the United States somehow

Dunno if you've encountered the hateboner evangelical christians, especially PMDs, have for the UN, but it's something to behold.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

surebet posted:

my piss is now a solid stream of sulphur

surebet posted:

the tl;dr of several thousand pages of medical file is that my liver is poo poo
yeah no poo poo

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Splicer posted:

Something weird about the way he says AirAgent. It's like they recorded it once and inserted the same soundbyte each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds

lol the free Ross page argues that he shouldn't get the kingpin charge because five people weren't specifically named as part of his criminal enterprise
tbf they were probably all just magikarp and carl mark force iv's alts

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

John Birch Society recruit spotted!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Boxturret posted:

No criminal activity starting...now

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Barnyard Protein posted:

b-b-but he isn't big black and scary! he is a nice boy!
it's really irritating that people itt keep going back to that as if "dark" had anything at all to do with skin color. the guy's a shithead and that's a shithead quote anyway, you don't need to make up reasons for it to be bad.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

eschaton posted:

youtube.com/dpr8vlog

(fade in, white letters on black background)
"if you are a federal law enforcement officer, the constitution forbids you from watching this video"
(chiptune version of 20th century fox plays)
"GokuGuzman420 productions proudly presentz"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's really irritating that people itt keep going back to that as if "dark" had anything at all to do with skin color. the guy's a shithead and that's a shithead quote anyway, you don't need to make up reasons for it to be bad.

quote:

I have accepted that Ross will spend time in prison, and more important I know Ross has accepted it as well. When I think about what he faces I feel afraid for him. When think of the men in prison they stand in stark contrast to who Ross is. Ross has no tattoos, no tear drops on his cheeks, no spider webs on his elbows. No scars given to him by anyone in anger, or by himself. Ross is not dark, brooding, violent or angry at the world. Ross has never been a cynic. He has no priors, so no recidivism. Rather, Ross is an idealist, a thinker, philosophically minded and peaceful. A lover of nature.

yeah, the dark has nothing to do with his skin color to be honest. the dude writing shows he's sheltered as hell and a complete rear end in a top hat but he's not being racist on purpose (although you know he's a racist shithead too).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
reading those letters is always fun

quote:

Ross also did something I would not have imagined in college. At a young age he purchased a multi-bedroom home and spent a considerable time doing all the repairs necessary to then rent it to fellow students. In all my college years I can't recall anyone doing anything that "adult" and constructive.

i too remember when i bought a multi-bedroom house while i was in college. those were the days.

quote:

Ross is undeniably a man of exemplary character. I have known this all his life, but am reminded of it by a simple act of kindness that Ross demonstrated in May, 2013. After an event, he, land our cousins found ourselves trapped under an awning in the midst of an extreme downpour. We assumed we would be stranded for a considerable time, lest we become thoroughly soaked. As the driver, i felt a sense ofobligation to rescue us by making a dash for the car, but given our distance i opted for the relative dryness of our existing location. i sensed that I was disappointing the group, but I also wasn't prepared to be drenched. Without hesitation or prompting, Ross requested the keys and simply strolled out into the tempest.

Not one other person took it upon himself to sacrifice his comfort. So, if it is truly the little things that define a man?s character, then it is clear that Ross is among a rare class of people who value others more than themselves.

a real man... and a true hero

trucutru fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 27, 2015

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

maybe if i regurgitate a thesaurus the judge will #freeross

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

trucutru posted:

Ross requested the keys and simply strolled out into the tempest. 
wow way to get the inside of someone else's car soaking wet fuckhead

sure he took out hits on people but he got us out of the rain!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

holy poo poo I guess I didn't read the full letters

he* bought a house! he got wet once! no tattoos!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo I guess I didn't read the full letters

quote:

I once told Ross he should have been an astronaut. I watched him consider the possibility and we both knew he had the means to do it. I can't say that about anyone else I've ever met.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

trucutru posted:

I once told Ross he should have been an astronaut. I watched him consider the possibility and we both knew he had the means to do it. I can't say that about anyone else I've ever met.

he went to the moon in his own way :unsmith:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
nothing inspires leniency like being told that a drug dealing attempted murderer had the privilege and means to do almost anything else with his life and was in no way forced into his actions

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

The judges retort acknowledged this as well

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

gschmidl posted:

Dunno if you've encountered the hateboner evangelical christians, especially PMDs, have for the UN, but it's something to behold.

could someone please explain the anti-UN thing in like three sentences

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dren posted:

could someone please explain the anti-UN thing in like three sentences

america number 1. rest of world's dumb. freedom.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Trading Executive Develops Ledger Technology Gazillion Times Faster than Bitcoin Blockchain

Isn't this just an off blockchain ledger like some of the thin clients use?

quote:

According to a report from efinancialnews.com, founder of European trading venue Chi-X Peter Randall has developed an accelerated version of the Bitcoin blockchain, which supports 5,000 transactions per second and could reach 100,000 transactions per second. Currently, Bitcoin blockchain supports a mere 7 transactions per second.

And centralize the decentralized.

quote:

The computers participating in the network will have to be authorized and identifiable. To keep the regulators and auditors in the loop, SETL is also open to external investigation as well.

In other news "Author" Evander Smart "reports" in all seriousness - Coinbase CEO: Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar within 15 Years (Op-Ed)

Get ready to dump that filthy fiat for glorious bitcoin.

quote:

As many experts around the world agree that the dollar’s dominance won’t last forever the CEO of Coinbase, Brian Armstrong, believes bitcoin will “surpass” it as a global reserve currency “within 10-15 years.”

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

trucutru posted:

reading those letters is always fun

i too remember when i bought a multi-bedroom house while i was in college. those were the days.

a real man... and a true hero

:psyduck: Jesus were they trying to get him life, who the gently caress writes that thinking it will help.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nobody tells me what to dooooooooo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

jre posted:

:psyduck: Jesus were they trying to get him life, who the gently caress writes that thinking it will help.

hmm, have we ever seen ross' family and mark karpeles at the same time?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Clockwerk posted:

The judges retort acknowledged this as well

did the full transcript of this ever come out or not?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jre posted:

they are privileged imbeciles who have never taken a step back to look at the world as it is. they would never, ever, realize (just like ross didn't, his own letter is by far the worst of the bunch) that showcasing all the freaking freedom and opportunities that ross had in life is actually a negative when asking for clemency.

like, i found the rain one particularly funny because, at least where i am from, that would be the expected thing to do for any young dude. nobody would ever give it a second thought. but, wow! he got wet! for us! I wouldn't want to be friends with people who consider that a big thing.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
He is the kind of dude that would let an old lady take his seat in the metro. if he ever used the metro, of course.

• Locked thread