Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Well, the version I make with faux bacon is amazing, so I assume the real deal is good, too.

fakon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722470&userid=161055&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post447397101

Careful what you wish for.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I should probably stop making GBS threads up the Madoka thread but I'm having fun.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

edit: bad post.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 27, 2015

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

littleorv posted:

I should probably stop making GBS threads up the Madoka thread but I'm having fun.
You aren't, you're contributing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

littleorv posted:

you shouldn't actually

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there is no better time to start reading the hit food manga shokugeki no soma

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

After I finish gintama im gonna watch gunxsword and then all the food anime
what are the good ones

Imagawa directed a food anime once.

I've never seen it but I want to. Idk if it even has subs

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

Its the friendship that kept jonjonaug from getting banned

My internet friendship with beef will protect me forever

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

Most of my posts are sincere, because the guy needs to be more concise

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also I meant for subs to have two meanings, there

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
All this talk about food anime reminded me it is moe monday, thanks anime

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to make this sometime but feel like it would be lacking without the kewpie mayo which I'll have to buy online. I need to get a thermometer soon and have been wanting to get some cooking chopsticks to replace the lovely spoons I keep melting, so I'll probably add that to my next amazon order and get some more cabbage later for it.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Fried cabbage. It's southern and amazing.

I did this with spinach last night but didn't have any bacon, it was still pretty good but I should pick up some bacon tonight and do it right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Most of my posts are sincere, because the guy needs to be more concise
he has some interesting thoughts sometimes but otoh he's been doing nothing but making gigantic posts in the madoka thread for like a year and you can physically feel his own self-importance

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive never even seen that guy post in another thread. he spent ten dollars just to write tons of words about madoka magica.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

he has some interesting thoughts sometimes but otoh he's been doing nothing but making gigantic posts in the madoka thread for like a year and you can physically feel his own self-importance

I don't hate him for being enthusiastic about anime though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SHE IS POWERFUL

SHE IS A GENIUS COOK

SHE IS MY WIFE

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

ive never even seen that guy post in another thread. he spent ten dollars just to write tons of words about madoka magica.
I think he shat up the UBW thread a few times.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone should tell him to watch Evangelion.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am however wary of anyone who has watched a specific anim over 10 times

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

is it Magical Girl back yet again?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

Whenever I see people give a blanket statement dismissing the ~so called classics of literature~ I get a feeling of distrust, even if the posts aren't the worst thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

ive watched porco rosso about twelve times but that's a movie

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im gonna post a lot of words, behind his back, re: what I think of his posting

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

Imagawa directed a food anime once.

I've never seen it but I want to. Idk if it even has subs

It has bad bootleg subs. Its OP might be the most 80s thing you see all day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tgHR1wNMQ4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

STARRING THE WATAMOTE GIRL AS SECONDARY CHARACTER 7

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I want to make this sometime but feel like it would be lacking without the kewpie mayo which I'll have to buy online. I need to get a thermometer soon and have been wanting to get some cooking chopsticks to replace the lovely spoons I keep melting, so I'll probably add that to my next amazon order and get some more cabbage later for it.

Regular mayo is fine for okonomiyaki tbh, but you can approximate kewpie by putting an extra chopped egg yolk and a dash of msg in regular mayo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Namtab posted:

ive seen this like 20

https://vimeo.com/74621649

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Nate RFB posted:

I think he shat up the UBW thread a few times.
He did. Was apparently one of those people only watching because of the connection to Fate/Zero.

So quite literally only posting about Urobuchi.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lord Justice is the Clawshrimpy of Madoka.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

I must have watched the first Ghost in the Shell movie at least that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I will slay him one day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Lord Justice is the Clawshrimpy of Madoka.

insanely apt

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

An Italian man once described the Imagawa cooking anime as the DBZ of cooking anime, so it's probably good.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Namtab posted:

Actually looking back I might have seen the original FMA that many times. Used to have it in the background somewhat frequently while multitasking.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch the Imagawa Cooking anime after I finish the 80s fishing anime.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm going to start exclusively posting about Masaaki Yuasa.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yakitate Japan is a good cooking anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

.jpg posted:

Regular mayo is fine for okonomiyaki tbh, but you can approximate kewpie by putting an extra chopped egg yolk and a dash of msg in regular mayo

Cool, I was thinking it was a unique thing but I've only ever had it like one time (in a pack of instant yakisoba lol) so I had no idea how to approximate it.

• Locked thread